PDA

View Full Version : Name Items

Wegg
03-31-2005, 07:43 PM
I can't seem to find the "Name Items" block in the File tab metioned in the docs. Anyone have any ideas?

ThomasHelzle
03-31-2005, 08:17 PM
"Name Item" isn't needed/available anymore since you can simply doubleclick on names in the list to edit them.
If you are after "search and replace", that is now in "Setup" Tab->"Items" Subtab->"Rename Item" in the dropdown.

Cheers :)

Wegg
03-31-2005, 09:09 PM
Ahh. Yup thats what I was after. Thanks. Would be nice if the docs reflected this change. I kinda feel like a goober asking these simple questions. :-/

fwtep
03-31-2005, 09:54 PM
Ahh. Yup thats what I was after. Thanks. Would be nice if the docs reflected this change. I kinda feel like a goober asking these simple questions. :-/I agree. That's why it's been in the "Learn It Once... GUI Basics" section since 2.0. :) But I did forget to remove the Name Item page; sorry about that.

By the way, you can also use the Rename Item block in Setup--> Items.

Fred

Wegg
03-31-2005, 11:43 PM
Usually the only time I ever read the docs is when I'm searching for something I don't understand or can't find in the interface. Generally the docs have been very good to me so I'm not ragging on you. . .

CGTalk Moderation
03-31-2005, 11:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.