PDA

View Full Version : Object in a bottle?

Halogen
03-31-2005, 05:10 AM
Hi there, im a novice at photoshop and im wondering if anyone can help me with a desired effect i am trying to achieve.

I have a photo of a water bottle, and a photo of a jellyfish. What i want to do is manipulate the 2 photos so it looks like the jellyfish is in the bottle. Now im not sure how i would go about doing this and making it realistic, how to position layers and such. If anyone has an idea or knows how to edit these 2 images together to make it look like the jellyfish is in the bottle, i would love to hear your solutions :)

Looking forward to your responses...

~Jarrad

Skjoldbroder
03-31-2005, 09:35 AM
without seeing the actual images, I can only comment in a generic way, but I'd say you need to be aware of

1. The specularity of the bottle, i.e. the highlights shining off the surface of the plastic or glass - those need to be preserved.
2. The refraction of the objects inside the bottle, i.e. you may have to distort the jellyfish either manually or possibly through using the photoshop displacement filter, to make it appear that it's actually inside there
3. The lighting coming through the bottle + how it interacts with the jellyfish's surface and also if and how it penetrates through its body.
4. The colour of the bottle and the way it affects the colour of the jellyfish.

but yeah. post some updates, i'd like to see what you come up with.

all the best
/plaf

Wormoon
04-02-2005, 02:26 PM
I C

when the jellyfish in the bottle!

it will be ditorted!

use the filters like sphereit!

CGTalk Moderation
04-02-2005, 02:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.