PDA

View Full Version : Master and Servant 2D Entry: Marko Cvetkovic

THE Wizard
03-30-2005, 11:31 PM
Marko Cvetkovic has entered the Master and Servant 2D.

Challenge Page (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/masterandservant/view_entries.php?challenger=7016)

Latest Update: Concept Sketch: Two Color Schemes
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/7016/7016_1114539610_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/7016/7016_1114539610_large.jpg)

I've posted another color scheme this one is more evil like - black red... Thou I didn't colored it (just tweaking color intensites, I honestly don't like much how it turned out), but I like the emotion it holds... Well, be hursh, brutal and honest :)
Cheers!

THE Wizard
03-30-2005, 11:42 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/7016/7016_1112226149_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/7016/7016_1112226149_large.jpg)

Ohh and so it started my First Public Contest is at hand::~~!!

Well, here it is, my first rough scratch (not the art concept, just the characters I'll use on the picture) ,(thou i did it with the mouse in photoshop, so it's not good looking)... It's not final I just did it to see, how it would look like...
The story is simple, there are 2 kids (aka Masters) playing with their favorite toys (aka Servants), and in all that childhood inosence, they spawned (within their imagination, and out in the real world) their toys (I mean Servants), a friendly oval robot, and a fire breathing dragon, witch have met "eye-to eye". Let the battle begin!

So I hope you'll like an idea, and I want to wish all of luck to all contestents - have fun, and good time!! :)

Dreamshark
03-31-2005, 12:21 AM
Clever idea mate. Perhaps the dragon and Robot on top should be the other way round, to match the kids playing. And it'd be cool if the grand imaginings were battleing in a way only kids can dream. Good luck, I look forward to seeing it developed.

duddlebug
03-31-2005, 01:31 PM
Nice idea... :)

nebezial
03-31-2005, 01:34 PM
ful su genijalni, svaka čast majstore:D

THE Wizard
03-31-2005, 01:43 PM
Thank you guys!

rastko
03-31-2005, 03:00 PM
Great concept & I like dragon :)

Jel ces is stavljati onako oko stola i to...?

Good Luck!

NOOB!
03-31-2005, 03:01 PM
lookin gud,looking gud indeed.

THE Wizard
03-31-2005, 03:20 PM
ABISHAI - Ne verujem ostavicu ih da leze na patosu, al cu da promenim poze zmaju i robotu, bice u nekoj borbi... Ma jebiga morao sam da formatiram disk.... da ti ne pricam.

NOOB - Thanks dude!

calisto-lynn
03-31-2005, 03:27 PM
super ti je. i meni se ful sviđa zmaj! keep it uuuup!!:bounce:

rastko
03-31-2005, 05:10 PM
... promenjeno, nigde ne mogu da nadjem kako da izbrisem...

THE Wizard
03-31-2005, 06:17 PM
:thumbsup: http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/7016/7016_1112293062_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/7016/7016_1112293062_large.jpg)

Here it is a second rough scratch. This is one point of view of many I have, one look at the battle the dragon and robot will fight... Hope you'll like it... New coming up soon, stay tuned...:thumbsup: See ya!

Zephyri
03-31-2005, 06:36 PM
Really liking the concept, and the second idea for the monsters is definitely better, though the robot looks a bit dumbstruck! Heh heh, I guess you would if you get scorched by a bigass dragon, though. Be interesting to see how you belnd the two scenes together...

grf
03-31-2005, 07:01 PM
I like your latest robot design better. It would be interesting to see the kids in the background, huge, their massive hands pointing and telling the little toys what to do.

W-I-L
03-31-2005, 07:45 PM
dham...wish i had thought of that

Jezzarts
03-31-2005, 11:20 PM
Dragons & Robots! Coooooooooooool!!

Smash.rs
04-01-2005, 12:08 AM
Well, there's no rule about that i think, but your idea is wayyyy similar to mine, well, good luck with your work dude ;), and i need to post some new stuffs in here, little time, and crappy sketches till now...

element5
04-01-2005, 09:25 AM
Nice idea Marko, hope to see more developement soon :)

Arc80
04-01-2005, 10:03 AM
cool sketches. I really like the design of the robot.

GoodLuck,
Archie

THE Wizard
04-01-2005, 12:56 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/7016/7016_1112360203_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/7016/7016_1112360203_large.jpg)

Now here it is second rough skratch of the battle. I havent got much time (damn exams) and it's really painful (for left mouse button as well as for my fingers) drawing without the pen drive, but I just wanted to do some more points of view of the dragon-robot-fight.

Thanks a lot for the comments

sloth79
04-01-2005, 03:52 PM
hi, great looking sketches and idea.

i personally prefer the image u posted in #12, more dramatic, but it'll also mean not much sapce for the kids to be placed in... maybe a suggestion of 2 close up + blurred off of the kids in the background to suggest the imagination of the kids, so as to not clutter up the entire image but the robot and dragon in focus... (do i make sense? hmm... sorry if it sounds confusing)

my 2cents. hope u don't mind.

keep up the great looking work! cheers! :thumbsup:

sidchagan
04-01-2005, 06:02 PM
Very interesting concept you've got going here. From what I can make out, I like the dragon's pose in the first drawing, and the robot's in the second- putting those together would look nice I think. As for where to put the kids, no suggestions to offer. Hope to see the line art soon.

rastko
04-01-2005, 06:27 PM
Once again - Dragon is great ;)

E, samo promeni bre ovog robota... :D Dobar je, ali mi se nekako ne uklapa sa ovim zmajem.

Keep up good work!

THE Wizard
04-01-2005, 06:50 PM
First of all thanks for all coments and critics!

TO SLOTH 79 & SIDCHAGAN - This are just some concepts of battle, before I put a battle in the final picture I thought to do some more and to finaly choose the one I like best. As far as kids goes, sidchagan, I don't want to put dragon, and robot to be the main characters (the theme is MASTER & SERVANT) so I wanna do kids also, in good line of art, so my idea was to do a picture in kind of comic book manner. A huge batteling dragon and robot and in three separate windows kids. One window for each kid personaly, and one where they're playing togeather. Also I have some visual tricks here in mind, which, I'm affraid I wont mention - for now...:twisted:

TO ABISHAI_ - yes I know the dragon is great! :rolleyes: :) :) As far as robot goes, I know he isnt some "high tehnology" build up kind, but he's a TOY! And not all toys are TRANSFORMERS, this one cost about 2.99$ :scream: :)

:thumbsup: Again thanks for suggestions, best of luck to all you guys.:thumbsup:

Miyagu
04-01-2005, 08:17 PM
the "kids with toys"-idea is really cool :) when i noticed the little figures in their hands being the big fighting creatures, i had to smile.. very cute idea!

waiting to see more from you!

CoreyArtE
04-01-2005, 08:20 PM
Hey wizard! Nice to see you man! I love your picture. It has 2 things every pictures needs to have. Robots and Dragons. What more can you ask?:shrug:

THE Wizard
04-01-2005, 10:04 PM
Dunkelgold - Thanx, I wanted to do something a little different, you know, not, death and slaves, or some bad demon and naked chick, that's so... well, allready seen a 1000 times. I like that you like it:)

CoreyArtE - Thanx, man, i already posted my oppinion on your work on your page, but I must say it again, DO somethingabout angel's wings, make them glow or something, he should be a light spot in that darkness...

Virtuoso
04-01-2005, 10:44 PM
hey now................Those are nice....fun and very dramatic.............looking very nice marko......Nice balance too...........Nice idea too......I will be watching for more marko.....keep it coming strong.........Pozdrav....:thumbsup:

maozao
04-01-2005, 11:14 PM
sweet dude :)

i am currently doing a project kinda based on that card games, an animation
:) curious

good luck keep up the good work
gonna watch this

LORDvesalius
04-01-2005, 11:57 PM
hey, thnx for posting!

nice concept you have... see how it evolves.

blackdragoncg
04-02-2005, 03:57 AM
Nice concept and sketches :thumbsup: Looking forward to seeing where you take this..... Good luck with it all....l8rzz

THE Wizard
04-02-2005, 10:34 AM
Hey guys, I'm glad you are liking this concept I'm running here. Thanx for all coments.

Soon (today or tomorrow) I'll be posting a full scetch version [KIDS INCLUADED], so until then - have fun!:bounce:

am7
04-02-2005, 02:29 PM
Great stuff! :applause: I also have concepts including dragons :) Guess they are just as intregious to other as they are to me!

THE Wizard
04-03-2005, 12:16 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/7016/7016_1112487410_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/7016/7016_1112487410_large.jpg)

So this are the two kids, which are gonna be playing with their toys.
So, as far as it goes this is my last concept sketching post, and the next thing will surely be fine line art of the whole picture.

Oh yes and here is a story that follows my Master and Servant challenge. Enjoy:

An eons ago in the enchanted world of Talirra, the new Sun was born. High above in the middle of the sky, the Golden Sphere was dancing around the twelve moons, creating life. The Twelve Moons of Talirra, the spheres of different size and shape. Of different colors. These Moons were said to be the bringers of life, the preservers of death, and guardians of destiny. As the elders sung, each soul had it’s guardian, the Moon Dancer, a being so powerful, so pure and innocent, that could transmute all it’s love and purity to, at least, one of the creature, it’s guardian it was. And as each Moon Guardian was unaware of it selves’ existance as such, the creatures of magical world of Talirra knew of them well. Very well, indeed. But the beauty was in the fact, that each creature was different. The inhabitants of Talirra were many. Wonderful beings made of metal, wood, plastic & stone and each one of them had it’s personality, so unique that you could never find, two the same creatures on Talirra. And, as I was told, in the moment when the new Moon Dancer choose it’s next or first creature, which guardian he would be, the time stops. And the worlds stop moving! In these few seconds the creature from Talirra falls into a deep, warm sleep. And it’s presence transforms from the world he walked in, to a world his Moon Dancer walks. And then he awakes. Full of happiness and joy, he beheld his new guardian and love fills the hearts of them both. And from that day on, they live and play together and only the Moon Dancer can see his little friend move and talk, and jump or fly, but the others… They can’t. I know why they can’t see them move, but I can’t tell you, because it is a secret…
And I was told, and believe me I saw, that even thou the Talirra is indeed the beautiful place to live, the heart of a kid could never be compared with!

redfrog
04-03-2005, 12:46 AM
Love the concept.

Really cool to see really intricate detail behind a piece. Your robot looks great. Can't wait to see this concept evolve.

rastko
04-03-2005, 03:38 AM
Every time it's better and better ;).

p.s. Jel su ovo Svarceneger i Brus Li kada su bili mali? :drool:

Keep up good work! :bounce:

Aidenn
04-03-2005, 10:40 AM
So that's what you meant about those gray shades. I think I'll borrow the idea. ;)
By the way -- great characters! Good luck in the challenge.

am7
04-03-2005, 11:06 AM
Man I love thoose concepts of the boys. I think the left one is a very very good design :eek:, however perhaps silhouette of the right one doesn't read so nicely as the other one (I mean, it looks to spherical, hence gives a weak personal impression)? I would refine his silhouette on his head abit perhaps.

Keep it up!

THE Wizard
04-03-2005, 12:22 PM
Thanx for the comments, guys!

am7 - yeah, you are right. But, again I did it with a mouse in photoshop, so it's not perfect. However when I do the final art I'll do it proper. And I'm also thinking of chainging his clothes.

eupee
04-03-2005, 05:08 PM
thats a great idea. I know the pains of using a mouse, but you did pretty damn good! This ideas cool cos its like a mixture of sci-fi and mythological. crazy characters.. keen to see a composition sketch.

SoniaNotRed
04-03-2005, 05:50 PM
Hi, Wizard!

Great concept and wonderful sketches!
I can wait to see how it will look like when you put everything together.

Good luck!:thumbsup: (http://www.cgtalk.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#)

nebezial
04-03-2005, 05:58 PM
e tako se radi priča:thumbsup: great story and great drawing style cant wait to see how ull handle the colours:bounce:

THE Wizard
04-03-2005, 07:59 PM
Thanx eupee, SoniaNotRed & nebezial for kind words... I'm really glad you guys like it.

nebezial - I'm glad you like the story. And uff, it's gonna be a really painfull :D proces of coloring this picture. I'm really not THAT good in coloring using the mouse, (yeah if you guys didn't guess by now I DON'T have Tablet, or what the hack it's called:sad: ) all that fine and precision made lines, it's gonna be pain in the arse! Thou I'll do my best...

rastko
04-03-2005, 11:30 PM
"good in coloring using the mouse"

You using mouse? Well then all respect :applause:. It's gonna be pain in the a*s. Good luck!

MoonVisionStudio
04-04-2005, 01:13 PM
Good concept, and great robot design!

Tranchefeux
04-04-2005, 01:18 PM
Hi,

Good blow of pencil, I waits to see the continuation, I like
your avatar, good luck.

calisto-lynn
04-04-2005, 01:57 PM
super ideja...

super priča...

genijalne skice... ROOKAJJJJ!!:applause:

THE Wizard
04-04-2005, 09:23 PM
Thanx guys for all your coments.

Man, I've been in such rush these days, I had like a zillion things to do, and such a little time:cry: But now that's almost over, I'll get back to my challange here -- FOR GOOD! I'm not doing anything else untill I finish this picture. So, just one more night to sleep over, and tomorrow I'll do final line art, and off to coloring... :arteest:
Thanx, again for all sugestions, and best of luck to all of you!

Virtuoso
04-04-2005, 11:49 PM
Moon Dancers .......Real nice.They have a ton of character.....Marko you are coming up with some extra fine creations here,real personality and nice style and feel.....plus executed very well,in top rate fashion....Great to follow all the eye candy you are giving us......I'll be back for more....you know that.....:buttrock:

THE Wizard
04-05-2005, 10:26 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/7016/7016_1112736360_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/7016/7016_1112736360_large.jpg)

Sorry for a stepback in submiting my work, but I was busy! VERY BUSY! I had to finish 1000 things, and now that it's all done here it is, my latest sketch... I did it this morning and that's gonna be all of concept sketches. Next thing I'm doing is line art of a picture, and then painting, and then I'm 100% sure, I'll need to buy a new mouse -- but what the heck'... Enjoy and see you soon, very soon!

oh yeah, I've kind of redesaigned a ROBOT...

BTW Virtuoso, thanx for kind words, man!

rastko
04-06-2005, 08:06 PM
This robot is better than first one.

Samo mislim da ne bi bilo lose da mu malo promenis one "dve glave", ali mi se mnogo vise svidja od onog prvog.

See ya

calisto-lynn
04-06-2005, 08:10 PM
sviđa mi se novi dizajn robota, ali još uvijek se divim tvom zmaju. tako je super i izraz i poza. moćno!

pozdrav!:)

Korline
04-06-2005, 10:58 PM
nice little toys

calisto-lynn
04-08-2005, 09:41 AM
hvala ti puno na adresi onog sajta. ima ful dobrih stvari.:bounce:

pozdrav! :D

Virtuoso
04-08-2005, 10:13 AM
burning up a mouse for this will be well worth it marko......great job on the sketch once again...Wish they sold these toys.......when I was younger.....even now would be fun.......;) .....Keep the very nice work and ideas flowing.....I'll be watching....:thumbsup:

nebezial
04-08-2005, 10:15 AM
ma zaboravi na miša čovječe nabavi tablet, imaš od firme genius ,otprilike 30 eura pa preračunaj a izvrstan je, ja stalno radim na njemu:thumbsup:

calisto-lynn
04-08-2005, 11:11 AM
nabavi tablet. genijalna stvar! vjeruj mi fuuul se isplati.:)

THE Wizard
04-08-2005, 06:39 PM
Thanx for coments, to all of you guys...!:love:

I'm sorry for a stepback in my work, but I think there's still time and I'm thinking to buy a tablet
so that painting could speed up, a little....

Calisto & nebezial - ma razmisljao sam ja da kupim tablet, al mi nekako malo deluje onaj prostor za crtanje (mada mozda je to dok se ne naviknes). Ajd preporucite mi neki model, ili bar model koji vi imate... E da, Calisto, nema na cemu - nadam se da ce ti pomoci slicice sa sajta...

calisto-lynn
04-08-2005, 10:11 PM
mi ti imamo geniusov model i iako se možda čini mali, vjeruj mi, nije. dovoljne su ti 2 sekunde da se na njega navikneš. izvrstan je. imala sam i ja dvojbi prije nego sam ga kupila, ali sad ne mogu bez njega. nećes požaliti. neželim ispasti kao da te nagovaram, ali nikada ne možeš sa mišem ono što možeš sa golom rukom.

pozdrav :)

THE Wizard
04-08-2005, 11:13 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/7016/7016_1112998437_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/7016/7016_1112998437_large.jpg)

Ok, here is the line art of a dragon I'll put into the final picture. This is probably the final pose he will be in so, I can say I'm kind of done (concerning line art of a dragon) here... Some major, and minor details will be added/removed throu coloring... So enjoy, and see you soon with some new updates...

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL!

rastko
04-09-2005, 02:58 AM
I like it. Put something on his back.

*samo... da mu nisu malo vise izbusena krila? Kako ce da leti?

calisto-lynn
04-09-2005, 12:07 PM
zmaj je super!!! ful mi se sviđa ova fintica sa izjedenim krolina i krestom. tako je lijeeeeep!! aww i wish i could draw dragons like that... od mojih uvijek nastane zmija sa krilima...;)

Acree
04-09-2005, 06:56 PM
Really interesting idea, like the concept and the dragon looks cool, like to see more updates!!

I have a graphics tablet and it does sure help when using your computer to model, draw etc. so I hope you have luck finding one!

Virtuoso
04-10-2005, 12:24 AM
very imposing Dragon....a wonderful traditional dragon,this will be a very nice pose for it.......ready for pouncing and action....Possibly you could consider opening the wings up a bit...more flare and drama......Just a thought.....Really coming along very nicely Marko.....Keep the updates coming....:arteest: :arteest:

Slav
04-10-2005, 12:40 AM
great lines for the dragon ... cant wait to see more!

*waits*

THE Wizard
04-10-2005, 01:16 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/7016/7016_1113092164_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/7016/7016_1113092164_large.jpg)

OK, this is just some minor testing in photoshop... I did it just to come in touch with the dragon... I was thinking of some red-brown tone, but... Maybe I\\\'ll change it!? What do you think, these or some other colors?!

Thanx for comm. & crit.

THE Wizard
04-10-2005, 01:27 AM
Thanx for commnts guys, and linda:) !

Virtuoso - Yap, I was thinking of opening the wings, but *sigh* I don't know yet. I don't want him (dragon) to be the center piece of a picture... It's hard to explain... Ok, when I post the final line art of the whole picture (in a day or two) you'll see what I mean! BTW where's the BRUTE?!

Slav - Thanx, I like your ball-shark too:thumbsup:

Acree - Hey man I like that you like the concept, and idea, and the dragon...:) Sure I was thinking of buying a tablet, but just can't find any good PRICE=PREFORMANCE model. They are all ether toooo expensive (4 me) or too small...:sad: Any sugestions?

calisto - Hey thanx for comment! Znas zmaj i treba da bude nabildovana zmija s krilima :) Drago mi je da ti je sajt pomogao!

Abishai_ - So you don't like the dragon, a?:) Just kidding!

Korline - You've forgot, bad toys. Thanx!

calisto-lynn
04-10-2005, 10:36 AM
GREAT COLOURING!!i love the scales!:drool:

Arc80
04-10-2005, 03:48 PM
Oooh... fiesty little red dragon you have there laddy. I'm liking your colour choice and the facial expression is looking great. Is he going to shoot some fire breathe? The details are coming along quite nicely. BUT WHERE IS THE ROBOT? ME want to see the ROBOT... must see the robot. That character kicks arse!!! :thumbsup:

cheers,
Archie

grafik
04-10-2005, 07:40 PM
Woow this dragon has power, shows action, good stuff!!! gonna keep lookin, good luck

my MASTER & SLAVE:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?p=2138465 (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?p=2138465)

rastko
04-11-2005, 01:02 AM
Yeah... dragon is very bad... :p hehe. Dragon is great of course (nadam se da sam napisao naravno a ne kurs :)). Try to put some spikes on his back or something I think that's gonna be good.

Color is great :buttrock: . You can try and with green or maybe blue?

Keep up good work :thumbsup: (i javi za filmove kada stignu :p )

Virtuoso
04-11-2005, 01:07 AM
Nice color start marko........I like Abishai_ suggestion for those spikes...possibly two rows of various size.......Either way a nice piece just gets better.....And Yes brute and his friends the Rudes are coming ;) .........keep it coming Marko......looking real nice....:arteest:

THE Wizard
04-11-2005, 01:15 AM
calisto - Thanx, again:)
Arc80 - Thanx man, oh the robot... well I'm kind of thinking to tweak it a little bit, but I'll post it soon enough...
grafik - Thanx for the coment!
Abishai_ - Dobro si napisao.:) Yeah, spikes were in the original fine line art of this dragon, but I didn't like the look... It was too, well, spiky:) . Ahh, maybe I'll post it so you might see what I mean...
Virtuoso - Man, thanx a lot for coments... Spikes - maybe in, maybe not... Ouuh, one request thou - GIVE US BRUTE, QUICK!!:buttrock:

Eterna2
04-11-2005, 04:51 PM
awesome dragon :)
but maybe to can increase the wingspan? look more majestic that way. As in the wing is not uniform in length. I dun realli noe how to describe it though.

THE Wizard
04-11-2005, 06:20 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/7016/7016_1113240032_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/7016/7016_1113240032_large.jpg)

Ok, I listend to Abishai_'s advice and did 3 different colors of a dragon... These are faaaaar from final, but i wanted to see, what do you guys think... Which one do you like best, red, blue, or green?!

Phew!, I realy hate this CG limit of 150kb size per picture... It's tooooo small... I had to convert a couple MB picture into the 150kb and, what i got? Sharp, and ugly colors... Man I had no idea it would look this bad...:sad: And the green one, he's practicly yellow!! Aaaaaa!..

Tyrus88
04-11-2005, 06:34 PM
Hmm...I like the blue one:)

Virtuoso
04-11-2005, 08:39 PM
I cant choose.........I like all the clor choices actually......it really depends on the environment,the mood the emotion and character of the dragon.......I have a good feeling you will make the right choice in the end marko.....:arteest:

THE Wizard
04-11-2005, 10:38 PM
Tyrus_88 - Yeah, blue one is cool! Thanx dude.

Virtuoso - Thanx for posting here again, man... Well, I'm pretty much sure, that I'll use the red one or maybe a blue one... Green is totaly out (at least for now) With the background I plan to do I think the red is going to be great 'couse it'll be something like a contrast to the robot, and will not blend into the background completly so he'll give a point, something like: "Hey Look at me, I'm a Big Firebreathing Dragon":) But on the other hand blue is in the game still, 'couse he'll be a lot more like a good guy (contrast to the red one) and then I'll have to change robot's engine to glow something like red, and turn him into the "bad" guy. And also the robot will then have to wield the fire burning weapon, and the blue dragon will shoot a bolt of lightning out of his mouth... So you see the dilema I have > Eather to stick with the traditional red-dragon-firebreath and good oval robot, or to jump to a something more different, a blue-lightning-dragon, and an evil robot... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?!?

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:wise:

Arc80
04-11-2005, 10:48 PM
What's up dude,

I like the red one a lot better. Although the blue one has something going on the catches your eyes too. Personal choice, i'd go with the red one.

cheers,
Archie

nebezial
04-12-2005, 10:52 AM
none, they are too onecoloured, buut if u mix them togethet, like red dragon with green stripes and a bluish tailtip... trust me these things work perfect:thumbsup:

Slav
04-13-2005, 12:44 AM
i was wondering, why not keep his scales greenish blue and his under belly pink/red i think that would work out nicely.

THE Wizard
04-13-2005, 02:10 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/7016/7016_1113354652_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/7016/7016_1113354652_large.jpg)

Ok, at the point where I was almost finished with coloring the dragon, something was wrong… Even thou the dragon was pretty good, I wasn’t happy with the way he turned out. And not just the colors… I wanted him to be more powerful in appearance, but he was just the same as any other dragon. And Virtuoso made a fantastic comment that it looked too traditionally – and it did… So I deleted that dragon, and took the mouse in the hand, opened painter, and did this NEW one. And I might say I’m very, very pleased with this guy. I haven’t felt so strong, with the 1st dragon, but this one has all the previous didn’t have… I made his body larger added mooooore spikes, and it was done in couple of minutes, but I think this one is the final one. The only thing I was having second thoughts were his eyes. At first they were like more evil, pointy, and narrow, but eventually I decaided to do something like more round shaped eye, which indicates that he is not such a bad guy, at all… So I hope you’ll like new guy, and see you soon…

rastko
04-13-2005, 10:18 PM
Yeah that's right :thumbsup: . Amazing dragon!

What I like (I like whole dragon of course, but few things ;))

- His body is great, his legs too and wings are awesome and spikes :). Muscle is great too.

Now something what I "don't like" ;). (I must write something on serbian I can't on english sorry others)

- Maybe to change little his head or eyes, something is..... you know.Anyway it's good but if u can try to make it little different (but it's great and like this)
- I think that his neck is little to big (not long) it's too heavy.
- I mislim da bi trebao ovo sto visi sa brade da smanjis ili promenis, nikako mi se ne uklapa ovde.
- I probaj malo da stanjis kraj repa, mada je ok i ovako.

Anyway GREAT Dragon!

Keep up good work :thumbsup:

Smash.rs
04-13-2005, 10:26 PM
Very cool dragon, but it keeps reminding me of the dungeons dragons ones. I think that maybe could look more like a toy, a dragon mecha, or something. Well, anyway that dragon is cooler than the other one. Keep'em coming :thumbsup:.

nebezial
04-13-2005, 10:35 PM
en ti jarca koja zvijer:thumbsup: lookin great, truly a majestic beast

walrus
04-13-2005, 10:48 PM
I like this dragon a lot more than the previous ones. Nice design. The only suggestion that I would have is that the legs seem a little gaunt for such a thick head and neck. It might work better if the legs were thicker, or if the top part were less dense. But hey, what do i know, I've never seen a dragon in real life! :-)

-mike

calisto-lynn
04-13-2005, 10:54 PM
ovaj je jos moćniji!! suuper je!!:drool:

arkinet
04-13-2005, 11:00 PM
thats one mean dragon, cant wait to see it colored!! one thng m not sure is its beard hmmm... maybe m not jst used seeing one w/ that *lol*, great josb btw.:applause:

THE Wizard
04-13-2005, 11:40 PM
OK, before I answer each and one of You seperatly I have to say I’m glad that you’ve liked this new dragon more than the first one… Thanx…

Abishai – About changing head and eyes, I think not… I like the way those parts turned out… Sorry…

About the neck… Yeah it is BIG, but it’s on purpose… If you look a little better at the picture, you’ll notice that there are kind of three parts of his neck… Well, in the original concept there were only two, and the third I added later, and I just liked it so much, that I kept it… But don’t worry in final picture the neck will be (maybe) a little thiner…

About, the beard… well I don’t know if I’ll cut it out…

Smash.rs – Thanx for comment man… Yup, it’s kind of dungeon dragon, but that was my plan in the first place (apparently it misfired ‘couse the 1st dragon was too, sisy, hehe). It is a toy 9and as a toy, he’ll look like a toy), but he is also a part of a imagination of his “master”, the child who wields if in an intergalactic war… So he has to be BIG< and POWERFULL…

Nebezial – Glad you liked this one… Thanx for comm.:thumbsup:

Walrus – You know, you are right… I’ll sent him straight away into the gym! He must build up his legs… Done!

Calisto – Ahh, I like that you like the dragon I like :)

Arkinet – Thanx man… But the beard is coooooool… Hey I didn’t paint a mustaches… Damn :)

THE Wizard
04-14-2005, 01:45 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/7016/7016_1113439514_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/7016/7016_1113439514_large.jpg)

Ok, here is the final version of a robot, I'll use in a picture... So back to the laboratory and creating the envirament... Hmmmmm

Ugh, a little corection... You might notice the sign on a picture - the date signed is 13 march 05'... Well, it's a mistake, 'couse I did it around 2AM (in my regional zone) and I was so sleepe that I signed march insetead of april, and was too late for change when I post it... Sorry!

digital-bobert
04-14-2005, 03:55 AM
gotta love robots! good luck Wizard

Arc80
04-14-2005, 04:41 AM
okay dude, that dragon kicks arse than your previous one. Very nice improvement.
Oooh... that robot looks awesome. Freakin amazing design bro. Man, i wish i could animate that robot (i'm also a traditional animator, hehe). DUDE WICKED DESIGNING. :thumbsup:

cheers

Virtuoso
04-14-2005, 08:03 AM
How can you go wrong with Dragons and robots,,,,,,,the new Dragon is very nice....really thick muscled and very intense,really like the head design,the shape.the spikes....it's all in.....very well done,this is the Dragon to use for sure marko......realy putting together a real nice entry....fun to follow,and interesting to see progress.......keep it coming strong....:arteest: :beer:

calisto-lynn
04-16-2005, 06:57 PM
havent seen u in ages. super boje. samo tako nastavi..ful me zanima pozadina.:)

korayarts
04-19-2005, 12:31 AM
I really like your sketches...

calisto-lynn
04-20-2005, 11:56 AM
come on wiz. step on it. we dont have much time left!!:bounce:

nebezial
04-20-2005, 12:16 PM
ajde ajde brže to malo ,šta se čeka:bounce:

the-mighty-m
04-20-2005, 12:40 PM
The robot looks really funky, its quite original!

THE Wizard
04-21-2005, 09:49 PM
Hi guys thanx for posting...
Yeah I know I've been "lazy" lately, but I had a lot of books to read and things to learn, therefor exams to pass.
Not to mention that the other day I've tried to change my old (one of two) 256MB ram, and broken DIM slot and memory,
and my motherboard is out of varency... You can't emagine how hard is to work with 256 MB of Ram memory.
But, I'm gonna try to do final line art by tomorrow and post it, and then buy a new memory, and start painting...
Thanx for interest, cheeres

THE Wizard
04-21-2005, 09:49 PM
oops double post:)

rastko
04-22-2005, 01:22 AM
Prestani bre vise da kukas :) :p

nego boji bre!!!

Aj pa Good Luck

BlackDidThis
04-22-2005, 08:06 PM
Hello THE Wizard;
I have to firstly start of with: thats a hell of a story! And very nicely told.
I honestly imagined more a mystic world such as those of 'The Dark Crystal' and simiallar. But I loved the manner you are putting things together with a childs childish play.

With All I have gotten from it. Your images are going very well on the track of depicting your story.
As I said in our earlier contact; I too believe that a good story is one that should be told :) Great concept! I would love to follow up on it!

Black

redfrog
04-23-2005, 02:46 PM
love the latest robot design! Can't wait to see the whole composition come together!

Arc80
04-23-2005, 05:41 PM
Just dropping by to say thanks for checking out my thread and... :scream:STOP BEING lazy and post some damn updates!!! hehehe. I'll be checking again later bro. :)

cheers

THE Wizard
04-25-2005, 12:53 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/7016/7016_1114386825_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/7016/7016_1114386825_large.jpg)

THE Wizard
04-25-2005, 12:55 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/7016/7016_1114386933_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/7016/7016_1114386933_large.jpg)

THE Wizard
04-25-2005, 12:57 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/7016/7016_1114387064_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/7016/7016_1114387064_large.jpg)

Hmmm, which one, which one??!

redfrog
04-25-2005, 02:11 AM
Like the on on the left the most, however if the robot is to be fighting a dragon perhaps the right hand one is the most appropriate... whichever you choose, they all look pretty impressive.

Arc80
04-25-2005, 02:16 AM
:argh: THe first one...THE FIRST ONE :twisted: You know that's my favorite. Big hand with glowing blue sword should do the trick at beating up that dragon :twisted:

Me want to see the whole piece laddy. When are you going to put em? :thumbsup:

cheers

THE Wizard
04-25-2005, 08:17 AM
redfrog - Thamx man. Oh, I just did some more variatons of the robot. As you can see the repeating shape is kind of a circle like, and thou my favorite is still, and will be the first one, I liked the idea to do some more new designes. Thanx for viewing my thread!

Arc80 - Hy man... I'm glad you're still interested in my thread. Thanx. Yeah the blue one is so charismatic that I'm very proud it's mine. Buahahah;) And if you want to animate him - go for it. As long as I'm mentioned as the his designer (you know credits, and stuff) there will be no problem... We can talk about this more if you are really interested... About the whole piece - ugh, hmm soon:twisted: (damn I'm lazyyyyy:twisted: )

walrus
04-25-2005, 08:21 AM
Overall, I think i like the first one - the blue one - the best. But while a giant hand is cool, the screen-left hand of drawing #3 - the red one - with the spiky-ball seems particularly midieval, and thus suitably appropriate for dragon-fighting too! :-)
Good luck!

-mike

daadaa
04-25-2005, 09:08 AM
hey, really like the blue one, especially the fist it looks really doody! :D anyway looks really cool, will be eagerly looking foward to the painting.

xric7
04-25-2005, 02:39 PM
realy cool all!:bounce:
very nice design
but i love 2
cheers

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=227677 (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=227677)

rastko
04-25-2005, 03:02 PM
Second robot (in the middle)

But all three robots are great.

Finally you start drawing again :)

Keep it up :thumbsup:

Smash.rs
04-25-2005, 03:46 PM
I like the red and the blue. The red one looks more evil so i think that it have a chance against the dragon, but the blue one has a sooo cool look...well, i think the red one.
BTW do you know LEGO Bionicles? May be a good reference ;) :thumbsup:

LadyMedusa
04-25-2005, 06:59 PM
Cool Robots mate.
I love the blue one, but the red one suits the battle better :)
The yellow one looks a little more like a super hard boss for a video-game.

Edit: oh, and I love the dragon to :)

THE Wizard
04-25-2005, 07:22 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/7016/7016_1114453350_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/7016/7016_1114453350_large.jpg)

So, today I was trying to put the final concept into one piece, and thou I did an anormus quantity of scetches, I think I won\'t post them today.
I just wanna choose the right one and start compliting the picture. So to pass time I tried to do some ROUGHT COLOR SCETCH of what would dragon look like.
This was about a 20 min job in Corel Painter, so I think that this is the closest to the final version (just the colors, rendering, uff faaaaar away from final - thou I
was thinking to do kind of a loose colored painting?!, Hmmm?!)
O, yeah - Hope you\\\\\\\'ll like it!
Cheers!

calisto-lynn
04-25-2005, 07:44 PM
lepa aždaja!:D sam dobro rekla? i love it. the colours are great, keep up the good work, Wiz.:)

Arc80
04-26-2005, 05:06 AM
ooh, the dragon is back. Very cool dude. The colour blending is looking good, but just be careful where you put that dull redish colour. Personally, it is not looking good on that part of the dragon, but it's up to you. I'm still waiting for the overall piece :argh:

cheers dude :thumbsup:

THE Wizard
04-26-2005, 06:20 PM
walrus - Thanx mate for dropping by... wll I completly agree with you, BUT I want to make a little difference between the dragon and robot and making a 'medival' robot will be much close with dragon... Anyhow thanx for comm.

daadaa , xric 7, Abishai_, Lady Medusa - Thanx guys and lady!

Smash.rs - Thanx for comment man, about LEGO Bionicles - no never heard of it.

calisto - Thanx! Da dobro si rekla:)

Arc80 - You are damn right... That red is out of place, BUT it' becouse I really don't have a patience to spent too much time on coloring the scetches... i mean they are not THAT important to the final picture ( don't get me wron without them there will be no picture AT ALL), but at this stage I didn't wanna spend whole day coloring it if I can't use him in the final picture... The idea was just to show that he'll be kind of multicolored from white to blue with MAYBE some red flowing along. Adding details and stuff is going to be a killer, but all in time. And once again thanx for crit. that means to me more than a thousand 'kiss ass words' (thou they are nice to:) ) - Oh by the way, nice homepage you have there...:thumbsup:

THE Wizard
04-26-2005, 07:20 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/7016/7016_1114539610_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/7016/7016_1114539610_large.jpg)

I've posted another color scheme this one is more evil like - black red... Thou I didn't colored it (just tweaking color intensites, I honestly don't like much how it turned out), but I like the emotion it holds... Well, be hursh, brutal and honest :)
Cheers!

Arc80
04-26-2005, 07:39 PM
You know, honestly, i think with the red body it looks really nice and it's a good contrast with your Robot..."Ahem"...THE BLUE ONE :p Maybe make the most part of the body, including the legs, red and let it gradiate from the wings with a slightly cool colour. Then from the lower neck to the head, gradiate with red going to black. I really like the fierce and "I"M A BAD ARSE DRAGON" look with the red colours. AWESOME DUDE :thumbsup:

Thanks for dropping by my thread and my Website. :buttrock: BTW, i stole your wand and i'm not giving it back :twisted:

cheers bro,

calisto-lynn
04-29-2005, 08:04 PM
i like the other sheme better. i dont know, i guess red suits a dragon better. but im deffinitly not for it to stay entirely like that!irely like that. dark blue doesent suit intense red, and pink- purpleish definitly not. try to put some orange-red-yellow, and try to mix something with it. u could use black it could work out fine. oh and the horns u could make look like ivory. i love ur dragon designs, so keep it up ill keep an eye for ur updates. pozdrav!( usput, ovo susamo moje sugestije, ne moras ih poslusat ako ti ne pašu):thumbsup:

black_bird
05-11-2005, 04:46 AM
I like the red body pic.. I agree it gives more contrast.. it stand out better! looking good! can't wait to see how it looks when its rendered out!-Lisa

xric7
05-11-2005, 06:22 AM
they are both realy nice.:thumbsup:
but the red one is more outstanding than another one.
good luck.:)

Acree
05-13-2005, 02:57 PM
I think the blue one is actually better except for the pink on the forearm the contrast between the two seems to be a bit over the top. Still they are both pretty good.

dogdoy
05-19-2005, 12:13 PM
I prefer a blue one.
With green backgroud might be cool.

Good luck!

CGTalk Moderation
05-19-2005, 12:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.