PDA

View Full Version : Dusso brush questions......

Ruinmyridia
03-30-2005, 07:29 PM
Hi,
I am new... this is my first thread. Lately I have been learning how to paint..... Mainly water based oils... But I have really been interested in digital painting. So I bought Dusso vol 1 from gnomon along with a few others like ryan church. Well I am not a novice to photoshop by any means... but painting in photoshop just messes with my head. I have trouble mixing the colors on the canvas.... in real life i use my fingers a rags to do a lot of my mixing once the colors are on the canvas. The closest thing in photoshop i can find to do that is the smudge tool... and that just blurs everything.... :( But down to the dusso questions..... The DVD moves SO FAST!!! It really sucks that its as fast as it is... I know that there is an incredible amount of stuff he covers but it doesn't really show what he is doing. How are his brushes set up. The colors just lay perfectly next to each other when he paints. When I do it, it is really rough. I do have a tablet... what are the best settings for it. When I use my tablet i usually have the opacity set to 100% and the flow to 100% and then I let the pressure of my tablet decide the opacity.... is that right? But I get chunky results. If anyone could help it would be great... i could really use it.
Steve

CGTalk Moderation
03-30-2005, 07:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.