PDA

View Full Version : Help with premiere 6 to DVD

edgeey
03-30-2005, 04:01 PM
Hi, I am new to this site and hope some one can help me.
I have just finished a video cut with premiere 6 and burned to DVD using Encore, and I have noticed that any veritcal lines on the video ie walls, edges of picture frames etc., seem blurred like it is strobing when the image is panned left or right. What is this and how can I fix it? I originally captured from DV to a PC, converted the image to AVI, went back and forth between after effects, and premiere, and finally burned to DVD using Encore.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Edgeey

tedo
04-01-2005, 09:13 PM
Interlacing problem
Are Fields correct?
NTSC-Lower field first

edgeey
04-03-2005, 12:53 AM
I have tried no fields, lower, and upper. It looks like interlacing but I fear that it may be some how as early as the capture.

vinteg
04-04-2005, 04:36 AM
If this is Live Action Footage, its a common problem. Objects with sharp, thin edges that are between, I say, 5% -30% incline on interlace footage with look like this.

A line in your video that looked like this:
----/
---/
--/
-/
/

Now looks like this because of interlace:
----/
----/
--/
--/
/

Giving you your strobing/flickering effect. This is at an angle of say 70%, imagine what a 15-25% incline would look like. If it's static, you don't notice it much. However, the more you pan, the more you compound the problem.

There are de-flickering plugins that will horizontal blur the image a few pixels slightly. This will soften the image, but its better than the flickering. You can do this in AE or Premiere. Try to work with a Broadcast Monitor are even view through a regular TV with Firewire and you will see this early on.

The advanced Meyers book on After Effects (Section 7) explains this well.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1578202078/ref=pd_bxgy_img_2/104-0234478-9602341?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

CGTalk Moderation
04-04-2005, 04:36 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.