PDA

View Full Version : Importing .gifs into Photoshop

afimisf
09-27-2002, 03:56 AM
Hey all,

I'm currently working on my homework for my Electronic Painting class and I have this idea and I'm not to sure if it's possible and if it is I have no idea how to do it. I have to paint a landscape (desert) and I found a picture (.gif) of the Wile E. Coyote and I was wondering if it is possible to import a .gif (or any other pic file) into my scene. I have searched the Photoshop help, the Adobe website, did a search on this forum and also a search google and I have been unable to find anything. And since you guys have been a big help to me with my past Photoshop questions I thought there has gotta be someone here who knows wether or not this is possible and if it is possible one might know the best way to go about this. Well I just want to give out a sincere Thank You in advanced for any suggestions, ideas or any replies left on this thread.

Thank You
-Justin

P.S My Electronic Painting teacher has tought me a lot about Color Theory, Perspective and how to sell you work all of which are extremely helpful to know. But my main reason of taking this class is to get a better understanding of Photoshop (which was in the summary of the class). As I see it, right now my biggest speed bump on the road to being a successful CG artist is not knowing the in's and out's of Photoshop. Which is a must to be able to paint you imagination within this program. So I really do appreciate the advice that is givin to me when I get stuck.:airguitar

RamboSambo
09-27-2002, 04:16 AM
If you open up the gif and your pic you should be able to copy and paste between them, if you cant then the gif is probably set to indexed colour - to change it to RGB just go to the image menu > mode > RGB Color
copying and pasting should work.
This is just a guess.... :shrug:
:curious:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.