PDA

View Full Version : apply to certain area of a text.

Netuok
03-30-2005, 04:42 AM
I was just wondering how i could apply glow or shine effect to a certain area of a photoshop text file.eg. I've the Word "New thread" and i want to have the glow or shine to effect the new and then move along to thread. while it gotten to the thread part the "new" will not have any effect.
Also i wanna do sparkle effect to add into that as well. is that possible?

Thank

interference
03-30-2005, 12:45 PM
hi,
i suggest a quick trick, maybe there's another way but, this one is fast :)
duplicate your text layer, apply glow on the top one, then mask it -->if you don't know how to do this continue to read :) --> with your pen tool, draw
a rectangular mask on the left of your text, then in the timeline open the layer properties,
and clic on the "mask shape" chronometre, now, go to the end of your animation, move the mask over your text (you should see the glow inside the mask),now an other key is normaly created because of this, and this is finish !
hope this help, have fun !

deano
03-30-2005, 05:52 PM
Trapcode's Shine does have a feature for using masks in the plugin itself....u can use an animated mask for your effect. For other glow plugins, i suggest u use an adjustment layer over the text with an animated mask...that way u are not 'destroying' the layer per se.

Cheers,

Deano

CGTalk Moderation
03-30-2005, 05:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.