PDA

View Full Version : Eh..I need help with photoshop and other things

Animeloser
03-29-2005, 11:18 PM
Okie first off I wanna say that I am only in the 9th grade and that I am very intrested in CG design.Second is that I need to know whats good for making and what will start me off.I wanna get a job so I can Buy some of the softwares but then Again I can go to Download.com and download trial versions.Getting back to the subject here I also need to know how long did it take many of you to get to where you are know.I love everyones 3D still life.The desings are so wonderful and so detailed and awsome!!Well I have an aim address so im me at:chibizoo66,animeloser14,or chibichanmun.

.:ZRDwD:.
04-26-2005, 08:05 PM
It all depends on the individual on how long it takes to get where they are now. Some within months, some within years. Thing is... you are ALWAYS learning.

If you look at older stuff from Enayla and Meats, you'll learn that just two/three years ago they appeared to be grazing the surface of their techniques. Now, their work is so prolific.

I predominately use Photoshop. Been using it nearly everyday for the past 8 years. Yet, I'm still learning and picking up new ways of doing things. Don't just rely on schooling for learning your programs. Schooling teaches you the basics...but it takes passion, commitment, and free time of trial and error to make an image yours.

As for the 3D stuff... be more specific with your question so others can help you out. What is it that you want to do? Does your school offer any classes for such proggies that are being used here? Are you wanting someone to recommend a specific proggie for you to use?

I would recommend freebie stuff, first, such as Blender (is Wings free, guys? help the boy out :) ). Start off small, learn the ways of the app, before going off spending thousands of dollars and finding out that it's not really the thing for you to do. If anything, ask a teacher at your school who is into the CG scene. Whether it is an Art teacher or Graphic Art/Design teacher. They will be a big help for you on guiding you to where you want to go.

CGTalk Moderation
04-26-2005, 08:05 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.