PDA

View Full Version : alpha channel

arquiteck09
03-29-2005, 08:02 PM
first of all , sorry for my english

i know this is a very newbie question but i never use photoshop , so can anybody please tell me how to put a background image in photoshop with targa images and alpha channels ?

i use 3ds max and im making a exterior escene but i want to try this way for better results , i have a very newbie knowledge of photoshop and i hope it wont be so complicated...........thanks for any help

theGuest
03-30-2005, 08:09 AM
It's hard to tell whether you're using your terms correctly for your specific purpose here.

Perhaps it would be easier/simpler if you just explain what exactly it is you want to do with Photoshop?

:bounce:

T-Stop
04-01-2005, 02:34 AM
Your making it tough, but its not your fault, does you 3d file have some sort of luminance channel of texture map? You need to be abl to define the drop to photoshop. I am not familiar with targa files as I dont use them. But I will look into it and post later.

Wormoon
04-02-2005, 02:22 PM
when u render you scence!

make sure U render to some differenet channel!

the alpha channel mean a selection with some 256 level of gray!

could U understand what I mean?

CGTalk Moderation
04-02-2005, 02:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.