PDA

View Full Version : Master and Servant 3D Entry: Szilágyi Csaba

Theodoric
03-29-2005, 02:42 PM
Szilágyi Csaba has entered the Master and Servant 3D.

Challenge Page (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/masterandservant/view_entries.php?challenger=6910)

Latest Update: Concept Sketch: Concept
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6910/6910_1112172047_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6910/6910_1112172047_large.jpg)

Not the spectacular master-slave picture was the first thing what jumped into my mind about the topic of the contest (for example a girl dominating a huge, but stupid creature or a robot) but the classical vampire and servant connenction. A vampire's bite makes the victim his servant, creating a supernatural bloodbound between them. My first concept was made according to this image which serves as a broad base of the futher composition. I hope I can finish it in time... it could be a hard ride along the school and the work.
I sadly experienced that the forum activity is also rated. Unfortunately because of my poor english knowledge (these lines is also the translation of a friend of mine) I cannot add to much constructive comment neither other's topic nor mine.

Theodoric
03-30-2005, 08:40 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6910/6910_1112172047_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6910/6910_1112172047_large.jpg)

Not the spectacular master-slave picture was the first thing what jumped into my mind about the topic of the contest (for example a girl dominating a huge, but stupid creature or a robot) but the classical vampire and servant connenction. A vampire's bite makes the victim his servant, creating a supernatural bloodbound between them. My first concept was made according to this image which serves as a broad base of the futher composition. I hope I can finish it in time... it could be a hard ride along the school and the work.
I sadly experienced that the forum activity is also rated. Unfortunately because of my poor english knowledge (these lines is also the translation of a friend of mine) I cannot add to much constructive comment neither other's topic nor mine.

monkeysweat
03-30-2005, 08:48 AM
I like the tone of the drawing, but don't see the emotional connection between the characters.

Geta-Ve
03-30-2005, 08:51 AM
Nice man! Honestly, I dont think they will chastise you too much for not commenting alot among other entries, as english is not your first language. As long as you at least say "good job" or whatever thats fine you know?

Just support each other :)

Anyways I like your concept, and idea, it will definatly be hard to convey in 3D though. The bite marks will be the main focus of the image.

I was thinking just now, if you model it all and render it in Black and White then render the bite marks and the trickle of blood (if thats what your going for) in color. This way peoples eyes automatically are directed to the fact that she was bitten, that will automatically tell them "oh shes a vampire, and the guy behind her must have bitten her" etc etc

Great drawing, Ill be watching :thumbsup:

Theodoric
03-30-2005, 02:26 PM
I never liked the comments like "good work" or "excellent job". I always try to reason my comment why is it good or why not. But without the adequate English knowledge I can't do it yet...

monkeysweat: I don't want to express any emotional link between the characters only the blood bound.

Geta-Ve: Basicly I try to work with black and white and with sanguine of course however I don't want to make a black'n'white picture. The vampire's skin will be sickly pale in contrast with the woman's healty pink. The bunting laid on the girl, the vampire's jerkin and the background will be sanguine. I try to make a colour concept if my time lets it.
Important that the vampire didn't raise the girl amongst the Kindred just made her his slave. Only the bite will be visiable, the flowing blood could be too artificial, a little bit stereotyped.
(Thanx for the translation again)

kbalage
03-30-2005, 02:40 PM
If you'd like to express only the bloodbound, that should be also shown some way, if not on the faces, then by their poses or somehow, just to catch at first sight that there's that strong relation between them. Nice concept, couriusly waiting the next step :)
Ha csak a vérköteléket szeretnéd kifejezni, ezt is valahogy mutatni kéne, ha nem arckifejezéssel, akkor a testtartásukkal vagy valahogy, csak hogy első ránézésre is látni lehessen azt az erős kötést közöttük. Tetszik az elképzelés, kiváncsian várom a többit :)

Tremoside
03-30-2005, 02:49 PM
Szia Csaba,

Nem kell aggodnod, itt nem a nyelvtudas a legfontosabb szempont. Azonban az erzelmek kifejezese a kepeken mindenkinek a legnehezebb feladat lesz, de ha ugy tudsz 3D-ben dolgozni, mint ahogyan rajzban, akkor ez sem lesz nehez. Egyebkent, legy udvozolve a magyar nevezok kozott!

You don't have to be nervous, english knowledge is important, but not the most one. Although to express emotions on images is one of the most difficult tasks for everyone...if you can work in 3D as you're own strengths in drawing skills, so you will be able to solve this problem easily. BTW, welcome among the hungarian participants!

Tremo

Theodoric
03-30-2005, 03:07 PM
Szia Tremoside, kbalage!

Jó látni magyarokat :) Sok sikert nektek is! Sajna 3D-ben a karaktermodellezés még picit távol áll tőlem, ugyhogy ez egy nagyon durva fejes lesz a sűrűbe... :|

Sorry, no translation...

Tremoside
03-30-2005, 03:43 PM
:buttrock:

FullSpeedAhead!

CGTalk Moderation
03-30-2005, 03:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.