PDA

View Full Version : Compositing Fire

Douglask
09-26-2002, 10:13 PM
Anyone out there with some inside tips on methods for compositing fire and smoke (forest fires, explosions, etc??) Tnx :airguitar

skidd
09-26-2002, 11:16 PM
i'm newbie in c2, but i think that made using "particles", c2 have a many exemplos of particles, see about it.

Fede
09-27-2002, 07:20 AM
Hey Douglask,

If you can give us more info on the actuall shots then we can help you more efficiently, i.e. do you have close ups of the burning or is it from far? what type of fire looking for? scattered or engulfed.

Things like that, cause particles could be fine for far shots but close ups maybe not that great. Or maybe you need stock fire clips with an alpha channel and just use smoke particles.

Or is this just for general stuff?

later

Douglask
09-28-2002, 02:48 AM
Hey, thanks for the input, it's more or less of an in general question. Not so much as in creating the elements, just in the sense of layering them to organically blend more into a scene. I know the common ways of screen layering and using the luminosity to affect the other footage, displacement and such. I may have worded it wrong but I'm just lookin for neat ways, if you've tried anything out, to go about comping fire into a scene--if you've found ways that look better then others? Nothing in general. Appreciate Info! :thumbsup:

vfs-frenchie
09-28-2002, 09:41 AM
sorry dude but i can't help u but keep look
frenchie got your back hahah

Fede
10-01-2002, 07:46 AM
Hey,

this is a great link for you of stok footage for fire and stuff.

http://www.vce.com/visfxmenu.html they come with mattes, i think.

Also keep in mind that when having fire the adjacent objects need the color to be brightened as in reel life, so as i said earlier just look at real life burning stuff.

Cya

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.