PDA

View Full Version : 2d motion blur

cache
03-29-2005, 08:57 AM
Hi!

i rendered out an animation,
and i would like to see it with motion blur applied to it,
but it would take too much time to render again...

I could get away with a simple 2d motion blur now (i heard it's not so bad/time consuming compared to 3dmotionblur), but
i would need suggestions on where could i find such plugin/application/some stand alone utility for applying 2d motion blur to image sequences/avis,movs, etc...

i would need a free, quick, easy solution..
(and if it's easy/quick but not free, please mention those as well if you know any)

another question of mine would be:
can Z-depth channel be used for calculating 3d-motion blurs after the main/rgb sequence is rendered ? (if yes, in wich app. is it possible) ?

thanks in advance !!!

Ian Jones
03-29-2005, 02:50 PM
I don't know about 2d mblur of a 3d sequence... something to do with rendering out whats known as a velocity channel. Do a search for that, I have no idea how it would work. For the zdepth I can't see how it could be used for mblur at all. There's only simple scenario's like panning where I can imagine it could be used.

cache
03-29-2005, 04:47 PM
IJ-> Thanks for taking the time to reply!

i've heard of the velocity channel while doing searches here, but i really was looking forward to find an easier solution (which does'nt include rendering again :( )
seems it is the only option to go with...

"For the zdepth I can't see how it could be used for mblur at all. There's only simple scenario's like panning where I can imagine it could be used."

i had a clue about this as well, but being a noob in these kind of composition processes, i've asked it just to make it sure...
thanks once more!

lulu116
03-29-2005, 07:48 PM
if you are using mental ray you can use a combo of lm_2DMV shader and ReelSmartMotionBlur or SmoothKit from www.revisionfx.com (http://www.revisionfx.com)
just google lm_2DMV and you should have more infos.

FKMaster
04-01-2005, 01:22 PM
if you are using mental ray you can use a combo of lm_2DMV shader and ReelSmartMotionBlur or SmoothKit from www.revisionfx.com (http://www.revisionfx.com)
just google lm_2DMV and you should have more infos.

yep ! the reelsmartmotionblur rocks ! i can't live without anymore !
and it works also good on camera-flights......

artisanfx
04-04-2005, 10:38 PM
if you use also after effect you can easy give some motion blur effect with Studio effects / timeblend from metaCreations corp.

it give you a nice result and very quick

CGTalk Moderation
04-04-2005, 10:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.