PDA

View Full Version : Computer Crashing

allain skywalker
03-29-2005, 08:32 AM
:banghead: Why does my computer crashes or shutdown itself everytime I uses Adobe Photoshop. Is it because of my hardwares. Memory or VGA card or is it because my OS system is not compatible with the Photoshop software? It gives me headache because When I, in the middle of my texturing or painting my computer crashes. The weirdest crap I encounter and Its only in Photoshop that my computer crashes. :banghead:

theGuest
03-29-2005, 10:40 AM
aaaaah... that's kinda hard to just guess at without knowing your system and its 'normal' behaviour patterns.

My initial guess though would be a graphics card driver problem. Try updating to the newest version.

If that doesn't help, then try holding down Ctrl+Alt+Shift while starting PS. That will allow you to instruct Photoshop to create a new Prefs files. Your current one may be corrupted.

T-Stop
04-01-2005, 02:51 AM
More Ram, and do you have dedicated scratch disks? You need or can have four scratch disks. If you are using you Boot drive as a scratch disk your problem is there along with ram.

theGuest
04-01-2005, 08:58 AM
Actually T-Stop makes a good point about the scratch disk. Make sure it's not assigned to your OS drive.

And speaking of OS, which are you using? If you're using WinXP there's very little chance your comp would reboot itself unless you have a specific hardware/driver incompatibility issue to resolve.

CGTalk Moderation
04-01-2005, 08:58 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.