PDA

View Full Version : Fluids Export, PLEASE HELP!

>JJ<
03-29-2005, 07:24 AM
Gday CGTalk forum-goers,

I am having alot of trouble,
Is there a way you can change a dynamic fluid object into a simple NURBS curve?

Or is there some other way I could do this?
- can I 'intersect with model' like in sketchUP?, eg intersect the surface into another object.

Or the only other way will be to redraw over the whole surface with lines, I cant find this either, is there a line tool?

Any help would be really appreciated!! :), I am studying architecture and deadlines are tight. :sad:

Cheers JJ.

cpan
03-29-2005, 10:25 AM
woops, bad info :D

try maya vector renderer to output an *.ai curves file that you may import in maya after...

>JJ<
03-29-2005, 12:37 PM
Are there some settings I am missing?, I only get a image with my emitter shown.

How do you attach images to your posts? :shrug:(I want to show a screen shot).

ashishdantu
03-29-2005, 01:10 PM
hi JJ,

try to emit a surface (goo type fluid ) instead of a volume fluid and then u can convert the fluid surface into a polygon using Modify menu > convert > fluids to polygon option..

hope it helps ..

>JJ<
03-30-2005, 11:47 AM
hi JJ,

try to emit a surface (goo type fluid ) instead of a volume fluid and then u can convert the fluid surface into a polygon using Modify menu > convert > fluids to polygon option..

hope it helps ..

Thanks ashishdantu!

I really appreciate your help mate, if you ever need a hand in SketchUp 3D, please feel free to give me a bell!

Many Many thanks, JJ. :)

CGTalk Moderation
03-30-2005, 11:47 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.