PDA

View Full Version : How to paste text into Painter?

Mr. Al
03-29-2005, 02:42 AM
Hello everyone. I am new to Painter 7 and I was wondering, how do you paste text into a text layer from another application? I tried copying and pasting into a text layer from notepad, MS word and other apps, but it just doesn't work.

Can anybody help??? Thanks.

Jinbrown
03-29-2005, 12:12 PM
Hi,

Easy questions this morning! :)

1. Highlight and use Ctrl/Command+C to copy the text you want to paste into Painter 7.

2. In Painter 7, highlight Canvas in the Layers list and click the "T" key to activate the Text tool. (It's important to highlight Canvas before clicking the "T" key because, if an existing Text Layer is highlighted the Text tool is already active and when you click the "T" key a "T" will appear in the Text Layer.)

3. If you want the copied text added to an existing Text Layer, highlight that Text Layer in the Layers list.

4. In the image, place the cursor in the Text Layer where you want the new text to appear.

5. If you want the copied text to appear in a new Text Layer, highlight Canvas in the Layers list. Then, in the Objects palette's Text section, adjust the font, size, and other controls as needed.

6. Use Ctrl/Command+V to paste the text.

Mr. Al
03-29-2005, 08:10 PM
Thank you for your response.

The method you mentioned was ofcourse one of the first ones that I tried. That is simple stuff. The only problem is it does not work. I dont know what the reason is but Painter wont allow me to paste stuff from an external source. I just dont know what the problem is.

More suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

CGTalk Moderation
03-29-2005, 08:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.