PDA

View Full Version : Still: self-portrait with a twist

(...)
09-26-2002, 08:32 PM
Here's an image I put together in a couple of days using Maya.

Let me know what you think of it. :)

http://members.lycos.co.uk/scotth2002/0012.jpg

freemind77
09-26-2002, 08:43 PM
Nice shot! Matrix rules! I think it's nice comp! But the thing distract at the first sight ..the cloth esp. coat si looking too uniform (eg no deformations there (wrinkles, bents scraps..etc) looks almost like from some plastic material which is solid!(these reflections on sleeves etc) I would change it to make it softer (more lambert) and draw specularity channel by hand (it would add some realism) in conjuction with these bents , tears etc (maybe iopacity channel and use some clouds as opacity maper if you want it procedural or paint it by hand.Keep up! :thumbsup:

slaughters
09-26-2002, 09:03 PM
The lighting seems a little off. There is a HUGE explosion going on behind him and I would expect that to throw some real harsh shadows. So, how come the front of the character is so brightly lit ?

Is there another explosion right in front of him and he is walking into it ? May be have him walking toward a strong visible light source, like a cars head lights, a spot light from a police patrol car, a burning trash can, a burning building, etc..

PureFire
09-27-2002, 05:37 AM
Wish I could see the image...its hexxed and I cant access your webpage either...hhmmm

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.