PDA

View Full Version : transfer of old brushes

morghana
03-28-2005, 11:11 PM
I have Painter 9.How do I store image hose nozzles from painter 8. so I can use them in 9

Jinbrown
03-29-2005, 11:53 AM
Hi,

Painter makes this very easy. Use the Nozzle Mover to either create a new Nozzles library and move Nozzles from the Painter 8 Nozzles library into the new library, or transfer Nozzles from the Painter 8 Nozzles library into the Painter IX Nozzles library.

Since the default Painter IX Nozzles library is already large (80,795 kb or almost 9 MB), it's probably best to create a new Nozzles library.

Read the following:

Painter IX Help > Help Topics > Contents tab > A Workspace Tour

On the right panel, click Libraries and Movers and read that whole page.

DigArts
03-30-2005, 04:07 PM
How do I store image hose nozzles from painter 8. so I can use them in 9

Jin's solution will work (Hi Jin). These will work too.

Painter 8 nozzles and nozzle libraries work in Painter 9. All you have to do is "load" them.

It's easiest if you keep your nozzles or nozzle libraries in the same general location. That way, you don't have to navigate all over the place each time you want to load a different nozzle or nozzle library.

Since the default nozzle library "Painter.NZL" is in the Corel Painter IX directory, you could make a copy of your P8 nozzle library, name it P8 Nozzle.NZL and put it there. If you're removing P8 in favor or P9, then don't bother copying it. Just rename and move the old P8 nozzle library.

If you have lots of nozzles, make a root Nozzles folder and create subfolders for the different kinds. It's mostly an organinzing/housekeeping issue in other words. Once you establish a load location, the command will return to it automatically.

*Be sure to leave the original Painter.NZL files in place as Painter 5-9 looks for this "default" file during launch. That doesn't mean you can't create a new nozzle library, name it Painter.NZL and substitute the new one for the original, however.

Dennis@DigArts
http://www.gardenhose.com

morghana
04-21-2005, 12:06 AM
Thanks for your reply but it's still not working.The Painter 8 nozzles appear under the p9 ones .I select them and press Open but when I go to the 'palette' , only the P9 nozzles are available.So although they are listed as being there I can't find or activate them

CGTalk Moderation
04-21-2005, 12:06 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.