PDA

View Full Version : shortcuts & and going from Maya to XSI

Raptor235
09-26-2002, 09:09 PM
How can u make shortcuts to actions which are not in the list? or if you make a script can u make a shortcut to that?

Also is there anyway to remap how you move around the scene so I could make it more like maya I'm trying to get into XSI full speed but I'm having a lot of trouble just trying to navigate my scene in decent amount of time.

ggg
09-26-2002, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Raptor235
How can u make shortcuts to actions which are not in the list? or if you make a script can u make a shortcut to that?
1.don't understand first question. All stored actions should be listed in their respective model, btu I think I 'm misunderstanding your use of the word action.
2. drag script from script viewer onto a custom toolbar, its that easy :)

Also is there anyway to remap how you move around the scene so I could make it more like maya I'm trying to get into XSI full speed but I'm having a lot of trouble just trying to navigate my scene in decent amount of time.
3. Sorry don't undertstand this one either (I have used Maya)

Raptor235
09-26-2002, 09:38 PM
ehe ok let's try again...

1. I tried to make a short cut to swich the view shade options from wire frame to shaded ect ect, I couldn't find the command I guess in that list that swiches to shaded or wireframe view so how would I add that into the list?

3. I just want to remap the mouse buttons I guess so they're more like maya.

dmonk
09-26-2002, 09:40 PM
maya to xsi (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20982)

ggg
09-26-2002, 09:47 PM
1. when you switch display modes the command is definitely at the bottom of the screen like in Maya. drag it from the script viewer onto a custom toolbar too

3. I don't know :(

Raptor235
09-26-2002, 09:52 PM
just noticed dmonk it's a bit outdated but still better than nothign thanks again.

vmpre
09-26-2002, 10:13 PM
Oops, double post

sorry

Vmpre

vmpre
09-26-2002, 11:38 PM
At this time there is no way to re-map mouse buttons in XSI.

But I find that holding down the "s" key works better then the Maya "alt" key.

Hold down "s" and then:

LMB = Pan the view port
MMB = Zoom/Dolly the view port
RMB = Orbit about camera interest, simular to Mays' tumble Tool.

Works in all viewports.

HTH
Vmpre

Ablefish
09-27-2002, 01:44 AM
One of the first things I did coming from Maya to XSI was to remap the F12 key(Maximize/Restore Current Viewport) to the D key. I use it ALL the time.

dmonk
09-27-2002, 01:51 AM
Yeah.

it is for soft3d but it helps me now that I'm going between maya and xsi. I had to learn all the different names and there XSI equivalents. Glad to help if it's any help to folks.

Raptor235
09-27-2002, 02:50 AM
on that maya to xsi key page there is something called radial menus in softimage is that still in xsi or not? it would be really cool to be able to setup some menus when you right click in your scenes

Raptor235
09-27-2002, 02:54 AM
also when I go into component mode and I want to select a face i have to drag around it can i just click on the face i want to select?

ggg
09-27-2002, 03:36 AM
on that maya to xsi key page there is something called radial menus in softimage is that still in xsi or not? it would be really cool to be able to setup some menus when you right click in your scenes
-yes and somehitng called workfloat by a user will be out soon
-do you mean alt right click?

ggg
09-27-2002, 03:38 AM
also when I go into component mode and I want to select a face i have to drag around it can i just click on the face i want to select?
yes
look up selection modes or look under the selection menu

Raptor235
09-27-2002, 03:46 AM
what's the difference between Points & Points Extended it's like that for all the selections

vmpre
09-27-2002, 11:38 AM

RTFM is always a good place to start.

If you tap the "u" key, that puts you into RayCast Polygon Selection mode.

Now just drag your cursor across the faces and they select. Turn on Hidden Line Removal mode instead of wireframe and that will prevent you from selecting backfaces.

Take a look under the "Selection" menu on the right. Under there will be al of your selection tools with Hotkeys listed.

Vmpre

ggg
09-27-2002, 01:04 PM
it is getting a bit rtfm ;)

the manual is big, but do the fundementals and a print out list of all the hot keys in XSI always beside you really helps, many of your answers will be there including things not just about shorts cuts

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.