PDA

View Full Version : Painter 9- serious problems

Arenyth
03-28-2005, 03:00 AM
Ok, I was animating in painter, doing every frame by hand. I decide I need to save after doing like 25 frames, and I wanted to play it back first. I do that, and for some reason it copied my last frame over every single other frame! And it automatically saved that way, and there's no undo! It doesn't say anything about this and I don't know what the hell is wrong. I just lost an hours worth of work, and I'm not going to use this program if it's just going to bug out on me again. Can anyone help me? :cry:

dark-elf2
04-03-2005, 03:48 AM
hey man
ive had painter 9 only for a few hours and havent found any bugs, sounds to me like a memory problem
did u try restarting your computer?
whats your computer specs and what os are u running?

brenly
04-13-2005, 01:00 PM
got to watch the animation in Painter ... no undo!
Its a ruthless system. Ive had many experiences of losing hours of work.

Arenyth
04-19-2005, 12:08 AM
In the end, I chose layers in .gif format to finalize the animation. I've learned my lesson, I'm never using that again. Way too much grief and too much time.
I ended up with about 400 frames and I liked it better that way, just duplicating the layers and then keeping it fluid. Redrawing every single frame is too much work, it makes no sense.

CGTalk Moderation
04-19-2005, 12:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.