PDA

View Full Version : Master and Servant 2D Entry: Sacha Diener

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

TheFirstAngel
03-27-2005, 06:55 PM
this is my thanks for all who helped me on this work. could have NEVER done without you. you all rock!!!

http://www.angel3d.ch/content/3d/wip/masterandservant2d/snakedancer12f_poster.jpg

The story behind it:
She was the greatest dancer of her time, he was the mightiest man of his aera.
Their destiny was written before they were born. She was living a life she didn't choose, and the only moments
she enjoyed freedom were when she was dancing. Even thought he rules her, owns her, dominates her, he can not please her.
All his might is useless, her heart and soul always will be free.
The magical avatar, snake symbolizes her unbreakable pride. She was born to serve his godly majesty, born to please a godking.

painted with photoshop in many sleepless nights.

TheFirstAngel
03-27-2005, 07:01 PM
http://www.angel3d.ch/content/3d/wip/masterandservant2d/6763_1111953698_large.jpg

Always wanted to make a duel. just a rough sketch.

Someone called the marquis a low little bastard, thats exactly what he waited for. In the morning hour, his last march beginns and blindly determinated he's running towards hos own doom.

Dialogue:
Servant: Marquis Marquis, attendez, je vous en pris!
Master: Francois, on vera, On y va!

not knowing, his guns are empty...
maybe gonna rethink this

TheFirstAngel
03-27-2005, 07:06 PM
http://www.angel3d.ch/content/3d/wip/masterandservant2d/6763_1111953960_large.jpg

This is the day, Kunibert of goldengloss, paladin of the hearts, holy knight of the western imperium has slayed 5 dragons (even if in eggs who cares) in less than 10 minutes, and while he's shouting his holy mightfull words of glory towards the forces of darkness "see what i do with this hellish scum, in the name of the light,...." his servant realizes, the holy plan had sort of an unfinnished point in thinking it over....

Rhenia
03-27-2005, 07:07 PM
Good Luck! I like the duel concept.....Must say its nice to see some cartoonlike images for this challenge...I'll keep an eye out

TheFirstAngel
03-27-2005, 07:11 PM
lol, i have my doubts if this was a good idea to go in 5d. lol, couldn't resist and most of all, i felt like having some fun, pure fun in the freedom of 2d working. may bring up better sketches, and more ideas...
Rhenia: thanks a lot! u know i normally make 3d toons, but i really like to do it and its my 1st 2d challenge ever :)

so wish you all best luck and loadsa fun!

Rhenia
03-27-2005, 07:34 PM
Well, I cant wait to see what you come up with. Best of Luck!

NOOB!
03-27-2005, 07:36 PM
best of luck indeed!! looking gud so far...

eclipson
03-27-2005, 07:41 PM
hei there the1st angel, interesting sketches, looks like its gonna be a cool cartoony artwork in the final,:scream: :thumbsup:

GoodLux!!:thumbsup:

arLutiK
03-27-2005, 07:48 PM
I like your idea.

Virtuoso
03-27-2005, 07:55 PM
5D man has arrived.........Whimsical touch......Pleasant drawings.....the wrath of the marquis ......Now these guys have character and great expression and emotion......real nice angel Mr.5D man....:thumbsup: :arteest:

TheFirstAngel
03-27-2005, 08:06 PM
Rhenia: thanks likewise :)

eclipson: yup, this will be the fun part of the challenge, just pure fun. hehe, so i'll keep it goin for sum toony stuff. :)

arlutik: THanks a lot, wich one of the 2? maybe i'll make some more doodles and get me a nice idea to go for...

Virtuoso: Thanks a lot Michael! i think i was silly to do this but i had so many ideas out of use cuz i decieded the 3d that fast, i can make here space for some fun stuff. bout 5d... more like 2.5 d actually, that makes it more wearable ;) awaiting your next update tonight mate, so keep it goin!

thanks everyone and best of luck to you all!

ArtisticVisions
03-27-2005, 08:35 PM
Trying to go for a double-win, eh Sacha? :wavey:

Looks like an interesting concept; reminds me of the "Don Quixote" relationship. Best of luck on this entry, as well as your 3D. :)

TheFirstAngel
03-27-2005, 09:00 PM
thanks a lot Jason! hahaha, nah, just having a liil' fun here (thats what steve buscemi said before he got taped), 2d is nice and cool, so i can live out all my silly ideas here and not mess up my "romantic" piece in 3d with crappy farts. ;)

coCoKNIght
03-27-2005, 09:31 PM
If you bug me I'll bug you!! Your first concept is crap!! but the second one is reeeeeally nice :D what about the title: master and servant burnt alive :D
5d means double work but also double fun and double chances to win :scream:
Ah well, more than anything else I'm looking forward to seeing some more of your 2d skills!
(there goes my thousand and first post, oh well, couldnt have hold it back forever)

monsitj
03-28-2005, 01:00 AM
yeah! sacha!! 5d is a lot more fun! haha happy to see you join 2d , more update!

TheFirstAngel
03-28-2005, 01:37 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6763/6763_1111977429_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6763/6763_1111977429_large.jpg)

Drakrugnar was just supposed do enjoy the porc without mushrooms, when Shaqueerah returned a bit hastinglyy and without mushrooms but instead of some uninvited company wich could propably make the dinner become a lower priority for the moment.
In loving memory of fleshshields and little sorceresses, that always make it to get the attention of some strange company...

TheFirstAngel
03-28-2005, 01:40 AM
hahaha hi Monsit and Fabian. Having doodle night and loadsa fun with it... 5d is sort of expanding possebileties seriously and grants me to have some unlimited fun. cuz all is open yet in 2d... next update in about a bit later... am just sketching like wild, having my warm up here...

cuppacam
03-28-2005, 04:02 AM
Sweeeeeeeeeeet!! Can't wait till it progresses.

abz
03-28-2005, 06:42 AM
I like the ideas.... :thumbsup:
Best of luck...
Cheers!!

Virtuoso
03-28-2005, 07:34 AM
very charming......Keep them coming Angel.........Love those mushrooms.....:)

3dRaven
03-28-2005, 11:15 AM
Yep I've seen it :) Nice dynamic poses. Cant wait till you get your magic markers out :thumbsup:

NOOB!
03-28-2005, 11:17 AM
yeh thats looking great,i'll wait for more!

OKMER
03-28-2005, 11:28 AM
Loved that brave Kunibert guy,and the relation with his servant(who's proberly more intelligent then Kunibertis,but hasn't the guts to show:D )
Anyway the mushroom's a really funny too!!!Great ideas and nice sketches!!Looking forward to see which one you'll choose and how you'll be working this out.
Good luck and especialy loads of fun 2 U!!!

gu
03-28-2005, 11:33 AM
Thatīs a great concept and art! Iīll follow it frequently!

congrats
Gus

Dreamshark
03-28-2005, 11:36 AM
Nice concept sketches. Looking forward too seeing the finished product.

TheFirstAngel
03-28-2005, 12:39 PM
http://www.angel3d.ch/content/3d/wip/grobruk/sketch02_grobruk%20n%20philiz.jpg

not excatly for the challenge (he's a 3d wip for my reel and maybe for d'artist, a nice orc named gro-bruk:)) but a result of "topic thoughts", just done another doodle, love fastsketching...

cuppacam: thanks a lot, mate! me too :D

abz: Thanks a lot goodgirl, i'll visit you in a few mins too :)

Virtuoso: hahahaha, see what mushroom topics cause in msn ;) lol

Raven: goin to take it more serious here i think now. sort of. hahaha. magic markers... you got something like that? i want one too !

NOOB!: ok, if i finnished my tutorial for the 3d folks who axed for it and fixed the hair on my 3d entry i'll be back to sketch a bit :)

OKMER: hahaha, thanks a lot. yeah Kunibert is an exceptional idiot, had a lot of fun thinking of some stories for him. i maybe goin to build up that character and make a really silly short of him :) Mushrooms, sorceresses... hahaha love em both. (of course just enjoayble ones :P)

Gus_clifton: thanks a lot! just my funpart of the challenge, and i'm glad you have fun too

Dreamshark: thanks a lot! i'll come up with a few new concepts soon, cuz i really love to mess around with the topic. it's so fun

Best luck to everyone, and wish ya all loadsa fun!

artjunkie
03-28-2005, 01:17 PM
You have a great style goin' on there! love your concepts too... keep 'em comin'... we want to see more!

Cheers,

TheFirstAngel
03-29-2005, 02:04 AM
i just finnished the mentioned hair 3d tutorial, and if someone is a maxer and uses shaghair/zbrush as well, you might have a look into it.
http://angel3d.ch/content/3d/wip/masterandservant/xtra/hair/hairtut.htm

I'll take up work again tomorrow, and continue the challenge in the evening. so far so good.

artjunkie: thanks a lot mate!
keep it up! cheers

tilite
03-29-2005, 02:52 AM
great ideas. ill keep an eye on the thread. all the best

Aethyrprime
03-29-2005, 03:42 AM
All very interesting. I will be watching to see how this develops.

ace4016
03-29-2005, 04:45 AM
Decided to put your 2d skills to the test huh. Good luck on the 2d. Great concepts by the way, i especially like the gentle ogre even though he is not for the challenge. Hope to see more soon.

CoreyArtE
03-29-2005, 06:02 AM
Woah, nice concept very action packed. Your first concept reminds me of Disney's Monster's Inc. for some reason. This is going to be good judging from the awesome work at your website. I cant beleive your doing both 3d and 2d. Well I'm looking forward to what you're finished pieces will be like. Goodluck and Godspeed!

Virtuoso
03-29-2005, 09:17 AM
Sacha......I love this latest creation.... gro-bruk........

A very nice pleasant fairey tale like setting.....Nice patterns in the surroundings.....I love those large hands and fingers gripping that tiny cup.......such fun.......More fun than mushrooms even...;)

Beautiful drawing.whimsical and charming.....:arteest:

TheFirstAngel
03-29-2005, 05:47 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6763/6763_1112122029_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6763/6763_1112122029_large.jpg)

ok, this is a try to approach the topic a slight bit more serious.

Her life was written before she was born. all she was ever meant to be was the godkings pleasure... his snakedancer...

any suggestions on this would be very appreciated, sorta like it...
colors are not made yet, just toned it a bit to get the feel for the athmosphere and mood. now, letme know, is it cool enough to go for?

NOOB!
03-29-2005, 05:52 PM
damn i love it,i dunno what u cud do.

its looks excellent to me.

CoreyArtE
03-29-2005, 05:53 PM
Woah your latest update I love the angle of the girl in the forground.

ChristianHammer
03-29-2005, 05:56 PM
I really like the concept... The canvas is pretty heavy to the right, but that can be fixed in color, contrast etc, how-ever I think it would look awesome if it were all a little more vertical and narrow. There is alot of distance between her and the king, making it a little more narrow, makes it a little more "intimate".

Digitalpepper
03-29-2005, 05:56 PM
Very nice sketch, and good composition :thumbsup:

TheFirstAngel
03-29-2005, 08:06 PM
thanks a lot Noob, Corey and digipep!
HammaJ: I plan some pillars on the right, eventually some vegetation or some other "pre-egyptian" thingies,(found it fun to play around with the sphinxes) to ballance the composition out a bit. Goin to explore this concept, cuz i think it could work. eventually slightly change pov and work on the composition, but i think to work out details here will be fun and i give it a try. :)

ChristianHammer
03-29-2005, 08:10 PM
I really like it thus far, the smug look on the god-king's face is perfect.

AlyFell
03-29-2005, 08:17 PM
This image is working really well! There's a load of energy in the dancer and the characterisations are fab! There IS a lot of empty space, but you're going to fill that anyway, or perhaps favour bringing the dancer larger in shot... I dunno though, looks fab!

ace4016
03-29-2005, 09:16 PM
I love the sketch, i love the idea, I say go for it. Im not sure what you could add, Im always bad at filling up space in a scene. I hope this one turns out well.

Mordalles
03-29-2005, 09:54 PM
wow, i love all your concepts! why dont you do all of them! that way, we could see more of this wonderful art? hey, what you say? eh?

3dRaven
03-29-2005, 10:04 PM
hmmm the floor seems a little empty so the weight of the pic is shifted higher.....it needs something.....rose petals (yeah they're hard to find in Egipt) ....maybe very shallow water?...dunno

Any other crits? ....Hard to find.... your scetches are damn near perfect :thumbsup:

Dreamshark
03-29-2005, 10:35 PM
Wow, this new one is definatally your best. Wonderful caricatures, especially the robust king. And the two Sphynx are a nice touch, I can't wait to see this one flourish.

Ichthus
03-29-2005, 10:38 PM
wow, your last concept is definitely the best one so far. maybe you could make the snake translucent?. just a thought.

mosconariz
03-29-2005, 11:15 PM
is it cool enough to go for?

Yeah man!
I like it very much...
GO 4 IT!!!

tilite
03-30-2005, 01:52 AM
you must do ur last concept..godking. ITS BRILLIANT:buttrock:

I think it would look great if the only or main source of light was generated from her. the best description i can think of is an oversized medusa head made of light. anyway early stages...good luck

sketchfiend
03-30-2005, 02:05 AM
Your last composition sketch is really great, love the dynamic movement youve captured in that dancers pose, nice! The image has a lot of great potential, keep it up.:thumbsup:

ArtisticVisions
03-30-2005, 03:17 AM
While the "Born to Please a Godking" has great composition and character designs, I prefer the "Interupted" concept the most; it just has a whimsical humor and style to it that I haven't seen in many of the other entries. :)

sloth79
03-30-2005, 04:20 AM
loves the godlike one esp the dancer, cool character design man. hope to see more soon. ~cheers~

JTD
03-30-2005, 04:35 AM
I vote for this last one. In fact, I will vote for this last one if you decide to persue it. Great dynamic balance of motion and emotion (I love the dude's evil smile!).

Virtuoso
03-30-2005, 09:24 AM
Wonderful scene sacha......real striking.That fat God boy has it made.Love the lines and style.....The atmosphere and setting are great to see.......Now just throw some mushrooms in there and you are set.....;)

Hope to see this get the royal treatment Mr.5D.....it deserves it.....Best to you,and looking mighty fine once again.....:thumbsup:

jddog
03-30-2005, 10:09 AM
Your last post is pretty amazing and looks really good. Excellent fit on the contest theme :applause: I think you can go with this ! Curious to see how this 2d work proceed !
:wip:
jdd

nebezial
03-30-2005, 10:34 AM
GEEE LEMMETHINK i think ill vote for the last one... its sliiightly better, just slightly... THATS THE WAY U DO BUSINESS:thumbsup:

ardenrey
03-30-2005, 11:07 AM
Great dinamic in last scetch! :thumbsup: Keep it up! Luck! :)

pigwater
03-30-2005, 12:46 PM
1st angel ... just found this thread .. love the dancer pic ... great movement, great 'master', and love the color scheme ou picked for it ... you are the 5d man!! ... and now that i found this , subscribed

ms@zx
03-30-2005, 12:56 PM
inspiring piece of work sacha~very nice movement for the dancer,like it warm and bright where it enhance the mood and atmosphere for the entire scene:)keep it up with the good work.i'll be watching this http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

sidchagan
03-30-2005, 06:36 PM
Very dynamic composition, the dancer looks fantastic so far. I must admit, the fat master is a little tried, but it should still make an interesting piece. What kind of color tone do you intend to use?

THE Wizard
03-31-2005, 12:17 PM
I like the idea and dancer's movement, BUT i think it should be better if you put some more snakes on her (a little ones but all wraped around her legs torso and arms) and remove this big dragon-snake. Anyhow it a nice work

:twisted: my master & servant 2D (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=225858):twisted:

TheFirstAngel
04-01-2005, 01:46 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6763/6763_1112323595_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6763/6763_1112323595_large.jpg)

just one of the detailsketches i am acually working out, one of the servants of the godking who is taking care of fresh air....

TheFirstAngel
04-01-2005, 01:58 AM
Noob: thx,

Hamma: thanks, lol, the godking is sort of an evil him...

corey: thx

Poshspice: , meeouw! hehe, thx mate , working the layout the next days as soon as all componets taken place.

ace: thx mate!,

Mordalles: hahahaha, and who goes working for me then??? lol!!

Raven: Ill give some pool parts a try, could look kewl. thanks for the input, well, i'm still sketching....

dreamshark: thx a lot, them yummy kitty kats apreciate a lot and give ya a meeeouw too :)

ichthus: I'll give transluscency a look. thx for that input

Moscoloco: thx my friend, thx!!!

titlie: mhmmm, i sorta like the volumetric feel of lightnig in the scene, but definatly she'll glow and sparkle! thx a lot!

sketchfiend: thanx mate :)

Sloth97: thanks a lot! am working and nailing all details now.

JTD: THanks! hahaha, about the esthetics on him: who needs a jabba when you have a godking ;)

Virtuoso:hahaha, Mushrooms, are there mushrooms in egypt? gotta research that: lol! thx my friend!

Julien: thanks a lot crazy ticinian! me sa curious too ;)

nebezial:hahaha, got u. ok, things have started...

arden_rey: thx a lot!

pigwater: ha, piggy found me.. tried to hide here, but seems has not worked:scream:

ms@zx hehehe thankees thanx for observation! i'll give every part as much attention as possible!

thank you for giving me convinction, i'm preety sure now to go for this, thanks a lot for your comments.

Jason: I'll try to bring in some funny parts in the details, sort of "things to discover on 2nd sighting, and thanks a lot for your oppinion. I'll go for godking but try to keep it refreshing...

THE Wizard: ill maybe try 2 snakes, but i like the long big snake, gives great possebileties for playing with the dynamic, also, she and her snake build a unit, its what makes the "snakedancer", so i think i'll keep that. thx a lot anyways!

sidchagan: I'll go for loadsa gold and warm volumetric light, sepiatones and to ballance out cold abmient shadows in blue and cyan, some causics maybe from the water, not sure yet. generally, a warm pic, and bright white glow on the servant, the dancer, cuz its her story and her magic, to play with the point who's really the master....

am about to sketch out the details on this, to get every point clear for the final sketch, wich will be the base for my lineart.

More updates tomorrow, gotta work on my 3d entry :) cheers, and thanks a lot for your help and encouragements! Keep it up, all of you, keep on rockin' :buttrock: :wip: :beer:

TheFirstAngel
04-01-2005, 03:40 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6763/6763_1112330427_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6763/6763_1112330427_large.jpg)

oh, he's here, behind the throne...

http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6763/6763_1112122029_medium.jpg

tilite
04-01-2005, 03:52 AM
air-con dude:buttrock:
hey looks like a great character... kind of like Godking only allows the best is physicial perfection into his presence (excluding himself, lol). in that case i think his legs are a bit stumpy from the knee down. if u stretch em out a bit its a very nice character

TheFirstAngel
04-01-2005, 01:22 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6763/6763_1112365368_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6763/6763_1112365368_large.jpg)

been roughing out the sphynxes.
not much to say about. they are the GUardians of godkings, half cat half woman, agressive, stubborn, proud, only serving by love.
lol, and don't u dare to call em kitty or pussycat ;)

NOOB!
04-01-2005, 01:35 PM
lovely sphinxsiseisphahsies!!

*ahem* excuse my spellin.

Zephyri
04-01-2005, 01:38 PM
I really love the concept, though one of your first ones (the one you called Interrupted, I think) really made me giggle. But as a more serious idea, this certainly fits the master/servant relationship better. The Godking is fantastic, just the right side of creepy. Is the dancer quite a delicate being? I ask only because with the perspective, she seems to be almost the same size as the sphinxes, which would make her quite small. I like the idea of the snake being entiwined around her, though. Maybe you could have some kind of sub-relationship between the snake and the dancer too, make some sort of eye contact between the two.

Overall a lovely looking piece, I look forward to seeing more.

TheFirstAngel
04-01-2005, 02:07 PM
NOOB!lovely sphinxsiseisphahsies!!

hahahaha, thats what i call a funny spelling, ma very confused now... lol

tilite: lol, yeah he's a picky guy, lol, he's a godly king. goin to add a few more characters soon, some sort of "highborn" folks, in manner of "versailles", those false, mean kinda spoiled folks.
the godking needs some company of course :P

Zepyhri: thanks for the great inputs. I'll try to slightly change the pov in the final sketch, still have to rough out the troneroom and other little details, am researching a lot on old-egypt thingies at the moment for this. good point also with the subrelationship.
about her size... i imagine her to be 1.65m tall and being this areas greatest dancer.
more studies on her are coming up next. hehe, yeah, i wnt to create her as delicious as possible, she's meant to please the godking... :)

Thanks you very much for your observation and comments, I'll be back with more concept detalis soon, c&c most welcome as always, and wish you all best luck and loadsa fun!
Cheers :thumbsup:

TheFirstAngel
04-01-2005, 05:12 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6763/6763_1112379161_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6763/6763_1112379161_large.jpg)

Still sketching, just a frontview of her to make create a few details on her more precise...:)

Squibbit
04-01-2005, 05:17 PM
very good drawings , the sphinxes are great, bah, everything is ...
the arched dancer pis is excellent

jmBoekestein
04-01-2005, 05:19 PM
Wow, the last one is really good! Too bad there's no obvious master servant thing there. Except for the entrapment of the viewer. This one's going to be great.

Zephyri
04-01-2005, 06:00 PM
Love this latest update Sacha... she looks so strong, almost amazonian, and the snake is looking really good too, much more fluid and involved with the dancer. I absolutely love the glowing veils, I hope you will work those in somehow too, it will make for so much movement in her character.

Miyagu
04-01-2005, 06:00 PM
your drawings are really good... especially the faces are soo beautyful! canīt wait to see some colors! :thumbsup: keep up the good work!

pushav
04-01-2005, 09:27 PM
Wow nice stuff here.

ArtisticVisions
04-01-2005, 09:53 PM
Ok, just saw your new sketches... I take back what I said when I considered "Interupted" the better concept; Godking looks like its going to freaking rock! :thumbsup:
(never realized there was sphinx-girls in the image till now, and the snakegirl is really gorgeous)

ace4016
04-01-2005, 10:14 PM
The sphinx grils are amazing (meow<-- ignore, only the sphinx girls undertsand:twisted: ). Always with the beautiful girls. More:bounce: .

Virtuoso
04-01-2005, 10:46 PM
hey now the sphinx girls are alreay spoken for guys................Angel knows this already....a certain Brute S< maximus has already staked his claim.......;)

Just love the execution and design...........the whole concept,the lines are smooth and dramatic.....Are those legs of that air condition man shorter intentionally Angel.....because they make him look fun and xxxagerated,I like it.....:thumbsup:

Now Keep away from brutes harem boys...Angel creates them for brute only......;)

You can have the mushrooms shipped there Angel no problem.......;)

excellent update....Now I want more............:arteest:

TheFirstAngel
04-02-2005, 12:30 AM
Squib: thanks a lot mate! finally made it to make a serious attemp :P sort of... lol

jmBoekestein:thanks a lot, well, the last is only a detail sketch for the "Godking" concept.

Zepyhri: thank you very much, Sam. yeh, the veils always been there, just overblurred them a bit in the "godking" doodle. i felt inspired trough those orientalic dancers and wanted to play around a bit what helps to illustrate the movement of a dancer... 'bout my girls "strenght" yeah, all my female characters are strong n proud, but still vulverable and ... female. lol. just as i see them and love them :)

dunkelgold: thank you very much, am unpatiently working on the last series of details for the concept. then, goin for colors, definately. cant wait either...:bounce:

Pushav: THanks

Artistic VIsions: Thank you very much. lol, now that you say that, i may flush the whole concept and go for the interrupted piece ;) jk thx mate. glad you like it too now...

ace: hahaha, snakegirly now is very pissed off and sends her snake your place... its an unstoppable magical avatar that eats preferly lil cg snoopys ;)

Virtuoso: hahahahaha mushrooms for everyone! oh, better not. not to mention what some ppl would come up with. lol. and... don't you know you can win the love of a woman but never own one... lol. hahaha, pretty preety awaits the flowers now from funny funny and some nice lyrics ;)

Thanks a lot for the comments. had a spare evening and was looking over many many pieces, cuz i the first time in this challenge, i had a bit time. its a fantastic and creative space, and i liked a lot what i seen. keep it up, best luck to all of you and wish you all the fun. keep on rockin'!:thumbsup: :wip: :buttrock:

monsitj
04-02-2005, 12:31 AM
Hi! sacha! I like the latest one ! good composition ! it seem you enjoy 2d !! hehehe don't forget your main duty!back to 3d !!:applause:

korayarts
04-02-2005, 12:33 AM
hi nice sketch ı like it so much. dancer idea is nice..good luck

ace4016
04-02-2005, 12:44 AM
ace: hahaha, snakegirly now is very pissed off and sends her snake your place... its an unstoppable magical avatar that eats preferly lil cg snoopys ;)

Good luck catching him:twisted: .

TheFirstAngel
04-02-2005, 01:54 AM
Monsit: thanks a lot mate... ah, can't hide here... ok, time for bed and some nice 5d day tomorrow, yeah i enjoy both, :)

koray: thank you very much. best luck to you too!

Snoopy: hahaha, how you make it to make me laugh all the time. lol!!!

tilite
04-02-2005, 05:31 AM
these are beautiful characters.

question... how where u planning on joining the fur and flesh on the sphinx girls. it looks like a band of some type but i cant really make it out... if it is, is it elaboratly detailed gold or simple clean matt leather or soft suede. im intreuged now, and are they wearing much jewlery if any

BlackNull
04-02-2005, 05:57 AM
oh boy, just realized u were also having a lot of fun on the 2d side, u just wanna party everywhere don't ya . I'm a big fan of your style, u're full of surprises. I'm sure your typing skills have improved quite a bit after all those people to answer hahaha take care man

redfrog
04-02-2005, 06:04 AM
Sacha Diener has entered the Master and Servant 2D.

Challenge Page (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/masterandservant/view_entries.php?challenger=6763)

Latest Update: Concept Sketch:
http://www.cgtalk.com/images/icons/icon7.gif Concept Sketch: conceptdetail Dancer

http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6763/6763_1112379161_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6763/6763_1112379161_large.jpg)

Still sketching, just a frontview of her to make create a few details on her more precise...:)

quite interesting to see your thought process evolve. Can't wait to see how this pans out.

eclipson
04-02-2005, 08:00 AM
the latest one is a wonderful sketch...kick ass!:thumbsup: , keep it up man....:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

i'll be updating my work within 24 hours, will be back for ur progress too, aight man, gamabate!!:thumbsup: :)

Neozoom
04-02-2005, 09:35 AM
very nice^^

I love the last one for the style and the composition ;D

JHarford
04-02-2005, 02:20 PM
fantasic work there angel , best of luck in this challenge....
i espcially like the pose of the woman in the composition sketch

Miker
04-02-2005, 06:25 PM
excellent piece of concept and i really do mean it. the snake will definetly add some flavour to the dancer. great work, im very impressed :)

W-I-L
04-02-2005, 06:51 PM
i really like this.. cant belive i only just found this thread... love your charater designs. you rock.

MDN67
04-02-2005, 07:13 PM
i like this last concept, the draw of the woman is very,.. sexy; good work, i wait the suite:thumbsup:

OrO
04-02-2005, 07:36 PM
all the sketches are great...where did you learn to draw like that?

Pierrick
04-03-2005, 09:56 AM
Wow !! Really great sketch... i like a lot your style !! :thumbsup:

Arc80
04-03-2005, 10:13 AM
nice sketch dude. I like the concept design of the female. Can't wait to see more.

GoodLuck,
Archie
My master & servant (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=224331)

miketche
04-03-2005, 07:55 PM
Wow! I didn't know you were doing a 2D piece as well. Your skills amaze me.

kromosom
04-04-2005, 02:23 AM
hi! great skecth! the background are more lucious than the foreground pics.
Especially those dreamy eyes! Chiao+good luck

BlackDidThis
04-04-2005, 07:49 AM
Nothing much to say at this point... I loved it and am just posting to be able to follow up.

In the whole of it I must especially state that I loved your sphynx studies. Very original!

Black

Ravendsg
04-04-2005, 08:56 AM
Yo man, really enjoyed the way you always draw girls. Sexy, mysterious, graceful and so damn attractive. You :buttrock: !!!

JakubFromOz
04-04-2005, 09:00 AM
really nice sketch looking very exotic and sleek likin it alot :D

Tremoside
04-04-2005, 09:35 AM
Sensitive sketch you have! Keep rockin! Good luck in the 2D too!

Tranchefeux
04-04-2005, 11:46 AM
Hi, Good blow of pencil and design let us see the continuation,
good luck. :thumbsup:

nebezial
04-04-2005, 11:48 AM
im guessing here , but did u see some work from Michael Turner? ur style is similary spectacular:thumbsup:

calisto-lynn
04-04-2005, 12:13 PM
my...God... this is a great sketch we have here. i like it very much...:drool: it remins me of character sketches from some rpg games i played. i really have nothing more to add..it's perfect...i'm really impressed.

TheFirstAngel
04-05-2005, 01:00 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6763/6763_1112662820_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6763/6763_1112662820_large.jpg)

tried a new pov but am very unsatisfied cuz of the lack of dynamic n power. goin bck to try another pov. just testing on campositions.
for the background... not satisfying at all. could use a few suggestions. was a bad day. maybe i should sleep a bit...
sigh.

TheFirstAngel
04-05-2005, 01:30 AM
Thanks for the nice feedbacks. I am very overtired but still i tried to go for a comptest, wich in short sux. well, at least i tried.

eclispon: did you update already? let me know mate!

Neozoom: Thanks, years ago, when i was a lil kid, i wanted to go tho hollywood and paint movieposters... didnt work really. but at least, i love to draw in that style for characterdesign.
thx mate!

Jerry: thanks, thats what she'll going to look like, the lil detailsketch of her was just to help me define the details.

Miker: thank you very much. Yes she's goin to be a strong personality, to question the master/servant relationship.. godking propably is the only who thinks he's the master... ;)

W!L: Thanks a lot!

MDN67: Thank you!

oro: well, i draw since i was 3. i always was addicted to a pen and paper. i never really learned to draw propper. lots of it is just intuition. for i had influences as well as every artist has. and i was on the artaccademy zurich, just to hear from my drawingclassteacher that there'd be nothing he could teach me. not a satisfying statement. sooo, sort of selfeducated...

Pierick: Merci bien!

Arc80: Thank you, I'll keep on goin, thanks for encouragements.

Mike: Yeah, i don't get much possebileties in my Job to do illustrations. thats why i found it a good reason to warm up my 2d works a bit. Thanks a lot mate!

Kromosom: Thank you very much. I drawn a part of her face there to get a clear vision of her, just a detail study, should also help to give the fullbodyshot a bit of an impression, to show a closeup. thats the whole reason for it. :) thanks a lot and best luck to you too.

Black: Thank you black. i just wanted to create some mythologycal elements, and as sphynxes are the guardians of the pharaos, they seemed to fit for me, so i went for a lil studysheet... not too originl then. but thank you very much, i appreciate!

Ravendsg: Thank you so much my friend. I am very glad you like my weird scribblings. :)

Jakub: thank you very much. i wplan her to be "persian" or so, a snakedancer but a bit more of a fantasy character. besides there's no more elegant human character than a dancer: the mix of power and sweetness and erotic... and i'm very glad you like the mix.

Tremoside: Thanks a lot my friend: best luck to you too!

Trancefeux: thanks a lot, well, i shouldn't draw when overtiresd, i scribble like an idiot whe it is so... best luck to you too, i'll try push the process. besides this is my 1st 2d challenge ever...

Nebezial: Ohhh, Me, like Michael Turner? uhm, that i think is a massive overdrive. I am just making some childbooks if i come to illustrations or some scribbles for my 3d designs. but i am far from being on the level i'd expect me to...

Calisto: Thank you! Yeah, i'd reayll lode to be a concept artist for an rpg. i am just wasting my time doing silly bad webdesign and logovisualisations to be able to pay my bills. the last 3 month, all i done on job would be a shame to post anywhere. maybe i'll someday get a step closer to that, i'll keep practicing!

thank you very much. I'll post a better composition tomorrow. it was just a test. thank you very much for the encouragement. i appreciate it very very much.
keep it up my friends, keep on rocking!

ms@zx
04-05-2005, 02:41 AM
wow~the latest sketch of urs have even better movement as well as the composition!she sure is stretchable~good good sacha:thumbsup:

francis001
04-05-2005, 06:33 AM
I like the concept sketch in post #63. The dancer is very dynamic - maybe she could use a little more upper torso? It seems a bit small in comparison to her body, even with her extreme pose.

Wow you have generated a lot of different concepts!

AlyFell
04-05-2005, 07:20 AM
This composition is great! Really pushing the pose of the dancer is paying off too, and filling out the canvas as well. Don't worry about dynamic pwer, there's loads there... having a bad day doesn't always help though! ;) I agree with the comment about a bit more torso from Francis... she looks fractionally bottom heavy at the moment, and perhaps don't obscure the other characters with the floaty veily thing too much... :bounce:

Virtuoso
04-05-2005, 07:38 AM
Hi Sacha......Thats a very "provocative" dance and strong pose....I think excellent in a dramatic sense,,,,,you can feel the movement even in the still.......

I feel that the front main portion of your scene should reamin as is.......But it blocks the interesting BG........I think a possible shift of the view to a more perspective angle will help in capturing the BG and not blocking it out as much as it is now......

With a shift of view you can still capture the foreground and it's obvious strength while still having the BG and it's interesting creations in relatively close,still showing the BG chracters off real well........I like all the elements in your scene......and believe you should keep them all focused and as close as can be.......a small shift in perspective can do this......

You will find the solution,a few tests and it'll be there.......I wish you the best,and will look for the next update............See you then..............:thumbsup:

tilite
04-05-2005, 08:28 AM
i think the sceen is very strong as it is. the pose is still 'dinamic' it is still extreemly powerful. i was imagining her pose to be a very... humanly impossible. this seems to be like a possible pose.. lol maybe not, but the fact is that it is more possible than ur earlier one.. it doesnt really say 'glidding threw gracefully the air doing a backflip' anymore. maybe a pose there her back was less arched and legs followed the arch. and at the point of a backflip that she is completly upside down and completly vanurable... would create a great felling of tension i imagine.

lol just read that and it was extreemly poorly explained but i gtg so i hope u can decipher it. all the best it is comming along great:thumbsup: love it

ace4016
04-05-2005, 09:40 AM
I like the POV, but I prefer the pose of the ealier sketches. The earlier pose of the celestial snake dancer fit better since the pose was snakeish and seemed more like she was floating, like a celestial bieng would. Thats just myopinion though. Hope your bad days wait until after the challenge to visit again.

TheFirstAngel
04-05-2005, 01:44 PM
thanks a lot! i'll start on a few sketches if my boss is busy... hahaha.
thank you very much for the inputs. I'm going to try a wider view, to have a less busy background (thanks raven)
ms@zx: thanks, i took snake-dancer by word, and i am still searching for the absolute dynamic... approaching it day for day. knowing i will never reach it. but at least try to get as close as possible...

francis001: thank you so much! i'm going to give her hat 30 dergees spin now tho have her more from profile. like 63. 3/4 backview didnt work for me either. was a try, cuz i wanted to let her move a bit towards her master. trying now to make her floating again. there is no spoon...

Poshspice: Hi Aly! (hehe, did mis beckham in your meow-poses like that for you?... envy...) i'll try to ballance the bothomheavyness out in my actual sketch. sorry for the shodly scribble it didnt work for me eiter, so there's goin to be the next attemp posted tonight. thanks mate:

Viruoso: thanks mate. bout moving cam to the left andperspective shift... I'll give the backgound more room, hope i get it right in the upcoming sketch. thank you very much for your help.

tilite: I just was drawing on it too much and everytime i went over the pose it looked worse. this is a rememberable night. been sleeping for eight hours tonight, cuz i didn't have to work in the morning. it's been so long i been sleeping more than 3 hours. I'll rework the pose completly now, cuz it didn't work for me either. goin to build up a new layout and pose based on my original concept on post 63. floating... thanks a lot for observation.i'll go for it now :)

Ace: THanks a lot James, Ok, no spoon, no gravity, I'll go again for it now and let her float.
I like the suggestion of her, being a celesial being. Goin to work that out. Thanky a lot mate

I'll be back here later, going to make my hopefully working sketch now to have a base for my lineart. i dont like line art. i normally just sketch and overpaint it. lineart is pain. pah. lol. and at the moment, i decieded to really pay a lot of attention to a good concept.
soooo, gone for another sketch! thanks for your help, keep it up mates! cheers:thumbsup:

birdybear
04-05-2005, 02:24 PM
I'm sorry you have been having a bad day! This sketch is very dynamic and I like that you've cropped in on the image more. What if you had the king figure leaning on his elbow like he was either bored or very interested? Pieces of cloth (flag-like but not really) could be around the top of the pillar so that part of it is being billowed into the background, making an arch, pulling your eye into the background and then back around to her again.

Great job! I think you are going to do a really great piece. Good luck :)

TheFirstAngel
04-05-2005, 02:49 PM
am sketching, while i went home this came in my mind... lol, thought i share it. now back to more serious sketching.

http://www.angel3d.ch/content/3d/wip/masterandservant/xtra/silly%20pet.jpg

birdybear: thanks a lot for that input, the towels leading to the background are maybe the solution i been searching for. Ill givem a try! Great input, thanks

3dRaven
04-05-2005, 02:55 PM
LOL .....Guess the master kicked the bucket :thumbsup:

Big-Boi
04-05-2005, 03:27 PM
i like it but the girl looks like her back is about to break

TheFirstAngel
04-05-2005, 04:25 PM
http://www.angel3d.ch/content/3d/wip/masterandservant2d/sketch04e_newpov2.jpg

Just tried out towels. sort of like em. pose relooked also. any c&c welcome.

3dRaven
04-05-2005, 04:29 PM
Hmmm now she looks like she's mid way though a flip....

BlackDidThis
04-05-2005, 04:59 PM
There was a thing I had noticed in your last sketch you posted. But preffered to leave it aside, sine I wasn't sure you were going for such in your composition...

Should you go for simiallar settings. Can I advise that you pull her a little bit more towards the center? The curves of her and the serpent demend too much activity that start and end within and all happening in one side with little contact to the other.

And in any manner you shall do the lighting, she and her beast can seem sort of like a door ornament.. something connected to the right side in the foreground.. a 'something' we are not able to see the rest of. I know this sounds like a dramatic reaction.. but as you dim your eyes you'll get what I mean. Especially with the backgrounds of the throne room darkened out.

I am not too sure if I see anything wrong wih her flipping in mid-air like that. I would really like to see where you are getting it at. I do how ever like the way you gave a better bend to the serpents neck gathering tension for a striking next move. Much more dynamic.
Actually as much as this may seem like a pole-dance: Have you though of hanging ropes, chaines or ribbons from the ceiling that of which she and the beast would tangle and take support from? Or constraints that enslave them to the master?
With the amount of dynamic curves you are going for, that might be alot more work. But it would relieve the stress on forcing the beast into shapes. Just an idea.

Well I hope this helps.

Black

TheFirstAngel
04-05-2005, 07:41 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6763/6763_1112730073_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6763/6763_1112730073_large.jpg)

Ok, overthinking EVERYTHING.
Here's a new Layout, I'll work it out now, but i think i finally found a layout to go with. the "ankh" he's holding is in the center of the image, its the snakedancer herself.
Found it a nice idea to symbolize his might. now... tell me what you think please...

TheFirstAngel
04-05-2005, 07:47 PM
Thank you very much black. done this new composition, might work on the proportions a bit, but your suggestions really helped me to overthing the whole image. I'll go for a landscape scenary of the scene on bottom of the image and work in the portraits of the master and his servant in the header, so i have more space to show their expressions.
his desire - her passion in dance, where she is free. the snake, her strenght & pride, unbreakable...

does anyone like my new attemp? i think it has much more power and potential than the "tronehall scene" only...

NOOB!
04-05-2005, 08:14 PM
new one is fantasmolicious!!!

taeyoungchoi
04-05-2005, 08:27 PM
Great Stuff!
I like your both 2d and 3d. Just little more 3d better.
maybe that is because 2d is just begining>
I will keep my eyes on your stuff.
Keep it up!

Virtuoso
04-05-2005, 09:08 PM
Silly pet........Cute and funny.:thumbsup: :arteest: ......

TheFirstAngel
04-05-2005, 09:34 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6763/6763_1112736888_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6763/6763_1112736888_large.jpg)

Just started coloring a bit the sketch to get the feel of how it will finally appear.

TheFirstAngel
04-05-2005, 09:50 PM
NOOB!: thanks mate, just did a few colors, gotta still much do on the composition but am a lot more happy with the direction now.

taeyoungchoi: Thanks a lot mate. I'll work on them both. damn, i feel seducted to quit my job and work 24/7 on this to get it right...

Virtuoso: hahaha, native americans would call her "dances with supersnake" and that snake "thinkes with belly" just kidding ;) ...by the way where is that snake? Ha, J, where you hide?

Enayla
04-05-2005, 10:27 PM
*cries* it's not fair that you can do both 2D and 3D SO well. Unfair, I say!

This is beautiful: flowing, glowing, vivid. I love watching the shapes and curves and imagining what the finished result will be.

ace4016
04-05-2005, 10:32 PM
It looks like a poster to a movie or a book cover. I just hope the scene part of the image will be big enough (and hope the sphinx girls are very visible :p ). Keep going Sacha:thumbsup: .

3dRaven
04-06-2005, 03:04 AM
The new compo looks sweet....guess I'm a sucker for colors :)....The only thing that seems a bit misplaced is the snake in the upper right corner....it's a good idea for a space filler but maybe try drawing him at a different angle Angel...??

I'd go from a head shot from right to left

tilite
04-06-2005, 04:45 AM
1st a comment about post 117... i love that pose... its mystical factors work really well. i have but 1 small crit with the pose... he left leg... i believe it should be ben but now on like a 60^ angle more a 20-30^ angle. should make it feel like she is gliding... as u said there is no spoon!!

2nd the colour sketch... i love the hints of purple.. and i think that creates a really nice colour contrast against the jewlery.

is that a purple glow?... and plz tell me its from the snake girl??

great work!!

olya
04-06-2005, 05:42 AM
:thumbsup: ...Good Luck!

AlyFell
04-06-2005, 07:24 AM
With all these wonderful sketches you are really spoiling us! :) I like this one too... and you give your girls such luscious lips!

BlackDidThis
04-06-2005, 07:27 AM
the1st_angel;
You are literally a guy that really listens aren't you? As I read through your thread: whenever there was a comment about something possibly weak or odd in your work. Instead of just sticking back an answer you have always gone through extents to integrate a personal development to what you already have, if nothing to test if that idea might work.
That is a serious quality that few happen to have against critisisms. It is odd to find talent as well as an open mind in the same person.

As for your update; I simply loved it! The thing is I had thought you would save it up by simply breaking it off the side. And I would have never had thought of this. It is a perfect solution and adds much more than just omving it.
I sort of think they look sweat though.. Like wouldn't a little grunt or patronising era on the master look 'master'er? (This one was just question)

The image and it's perfectly fitting colours are beautiful!

Good luck (Though you really don't need it!)

Black

W-I-L
04-06-2005, 02:14 PM
love the energy in your work.... excelltn stuff

Virtuoso
04-07-2005, 07:45 AM
This is beautiful: flowing, glowing, vivid. I love watching the shapes and curves .

This is exactly what I thought when i first looked upon this.....Just beautiful sacha.....Really excellent first class art......:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

nebezial
04-07-2005, 09:03 AM
U sicko, go and make comic book covers and stop frustrating me with ur style!!!:D it looks f"#"$%# fantastic!!

3dRaven
04-07-2005, 09:15 AM
Man when can I order the first edition...:) .....comic book express my friend real nice...

calisto-lynn
04-07-2005, 09:37 AM
great style, and wonderful usage of colours.. it s so light, an vibrating..simply great.:thumbsup:

Zephyri
04-07-2005, 11:14 AM
Hey Sacha! Some lovely updates here, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who keeps changing minds over what to do. I love the latest composition, it has a hollywood film poster look about it and it strengthens the relationship between the two. I just adore the feisty look on the dancer's close up, you do facial expressions so well! And the colours.... wonderfully warm and hot looking, purple and sandy yellows are such a good combination. The colours you've got down already for the master's headdress are amazingly realistic, it looks like beaten bronze. No crit so far, just waiting eagerly to see ow you get on with it!

TheFirstAngel
04-07-2005, 10:56 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6763/6763_1112914564_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6763/6763_1112914564_large.jpg)

Just a bit more coloring, goin deeper in details tomorrow....

TheFirstAngel
04-07-2005, 11:48 PM
Just came here to thank everyone for keep me on going nad all the love i get here! You all ar not only great talented, you also are a great fellowship and great friends. I am a bit sick at the moment, so my work goes slow and not really satisfying, so sorry for the slow progress and thank you all for your patience and support! :love:

Enayla: Oh my! *almost cries too*, never never would want to make you crie!!! wish i was half as skilled as you are in painting, your hands create such beautifull powerfull works, and they always are filled with such big emotional power! believe it or not, i am so much in love with your works, and there must be countless worldwide who are as well! cuz waht you do is simply wonderfull!

Snoopy: Thank you so much my friend! About the scenepart:i will take care it will be big enough. I also will play around maybe a bit with the layout, and because it is too busy at the moment, ajust the weighting and maybe add a few components in a more silent background. so the little sphinxes get some attention as well.

3d Raven: the snake was just "basecoated" i built up lumminance in blue and then gave in some of the warm colors to get a feel of dephtg, the placement of the godking so far isn't satisfying at the moment, will maybe try another update on him when the rough out has been done. i'll try that next update :)

Tom: I'll try to fix the left legg the next update, thank you so much for the lookover. i am actually playing with the weighting, and blue is some attenuative rebounce from the room, cuz too much yellow would have looked.... yellow. :P mabe i'll try for the snake a transluscency and less saturted version too. I'll keep trying, thank you very much.

olya: THank you likewise, bst luck to you too!

Posh Spice: Thanks you very much Aly! well, I'm very happy you like myy work here. Bout the lips... *hehe, the dancer smiles and says thank you :)*

Black: thank you so much for that compliment! Oh well, we are all here to learn and try to make advantages. so i appreciate every point mentioned, try to give it carefully a think and try out what effects it takes. and as well, if i look at someones work, i always try to give a constructive crit. and i'm very thankfull for everything, cuz i would have never learned that much, like since i joined this place, without it.
Also i'd like to thank you so much for your inputs wich really are a gift!
I'll try a new layout on the master next layout for sure, was just adding a bit color in the lower area, but illumination strongly needs a look over for sure, as well as the proportions and the alloverdynamic. best luck and all the best to you too my friend!

W!L Thank you very much, I'll try to keep that!

Michjael: Thank you for your encouragement! I am far from being satisfied with what i do, but i keep on try to advance. thank you so much my dear friend!

Stjepan: Thank you very very much! hahahaha, don't you overdrive! you are one overskilled cg rocker and i am far from taking place close to your sketches, even if i'd try to... lol. but thank you and i'm very happy you like my little scribbling here!

Noob: thanks a lot mate, well apreciated and keep it up mate!

3d Raven: maybe someday i make it to make a comic. I'll have you on my advisorslist as well !

Calisto: Thank ou so much, i really really appreciate!

Zephyri:Hey Samantha! Yes, changes are good and important, The major reason was to give their relationship more weight. Thank you so much for your complimet, i love your style very much too and am looking forward to your work with great expectations as well! thank you so much and i'm very glad you like my update!

You all make me even work with fever! must be cg fever... lol. Thank you so much, you all are wonderfull and simply rock! thanks ladies and Gentlemen! keeep on rocking!
Cheers:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ArtisticVisions
04-08-2005, 02:37 AM
Looking very nice there, Sacha. The structure of the illusrtation is very well thought out; everything flows together very nicely, never giving the eyes a chance to leave the image. :)

I'm not terrible sure as to what the figure in the upper-center of the image is (statue of the Snakedancer, maybe?).

I'll continue to watch your progess, my friend. :)

Imriela
04-08-2005, 04:28 AM
I've always been a sucker for this type of image--old movie posters and comic book covers, yo!--and you definately have the skills to pull it off wonderfully! The skill she would have to have to achieve that leap gracefully--wow. (I am curious as to where her other [right] arm is, though...)

korayarts
04-08-2005, 12:35 PM
hi my friend I like your sketches and technical drawing skills...go on...

tilite
04-08-2005, 02:25 PM
Sacha this is wonderful i understand what u are doing with all the purple now and the mose sense i can make of this piece the better and better it gets. im sure ive said it befor but ill say it again.. the colours create a beautiful contrast, heres sonething i know ive said before but i have to say again... great work:thumbsup: :) :thumbsup:

TheFirstAngel
04-08-2005, 04:05 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6763/6763_1112976321_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6763/6763_1112976321_large.jpg)

Just a layout update, i also got rid of thwe background hieroglyphes, any suggestions or comments would be most appreciated... compare, what do you think?

ace4016
04-08-2005, 04:11 PM
Looking better, but just a few things: I think I prefer the previous close up of the godking; and I know the pose is still wip, but I really did like how much she bended in the first sketch, in this on, her back isn't as bent. These are just suggestions, you don't have to change what you have.

TheFirstAngel
04-08-2005, 04:19 PM
Layout: changed
Legg: reposed, more natural
Background: lighter
King: face turned to frontview,
Girl: face smaller
Scene: closer , so details get better visable.

ArtisticVisions: Thank you very much! I appreciate your comments as well as your encouragements! the ankh should have symbolised the snakedancer, being in his fist... but i felt like gretting rid of it, cuz it was making the upper part unnessesary busy.

Imriela: thanks a lot mate! wish i was there in those times a movie got a painted poster, but times change and new ways open. :) and thats fine too! her right arm sticks forward with a little sword, pointing towards the king...

korayarts: thank you very much my friend. My skills are tecnically seen not that matured. still work shoddly and intuitive... but i try my best to approach an idea, never am scared of a new attemp. :) keep it up my friend!

tilite: thank you very much! I hope you like the latest sketch update. the more often i do it, the clearer it also gets to myself, maybe in 39 days i have an idea of where i'll go... ;) lol, jk. thanks mate, keep it up!

Update is on, please, let me know what you think...

TheFirstAngel
04-08-2005, 04:26 PM
thanks ace! what do you think about a sky insted of the hieroglyph wall/new pov of the scene? i'll relook his pose. thought his starry eyes would come ok when he's looking straight to the watcher... ill maybe try another one. her pose then ... ok, going for a middlesolution, more bent. :) thanks for this

yoff
04-08-2005, 04:42 PM
I liked the older layout better because

- the faces filled up all the space at the top, eliminating a background and with that the
need to explain floeating faces.

- the angle of the ankh is much more dramatic, and him looking down works great when he
is big and in the top of the picture.

- the sceptre eliminates the distance between the ankh and the dancer.

In general the older layout pulls off the two big portraits by solving framing issues in an elegant way...in the new layout you will either have to fade the body of the ankh or have him appear somewhat decapitated...

I also think treating the sceptre as a framing device will allow it to not busy up the scene...

Imriela
04-08-2005, 04:50 PM
I think the colors and the arrangement of the close-ups in the previous layout worked better, but I prefer the set layout (the lower half) of the second one--the king is closer and so the relationship is more pronounced. So...maybe splice the two?

W-I-L
04-08-2005, 06:26 PM
hello,

i think the old layout was much better, as well as the colours... this new one does not work for me... (and the girl looks uglyier.. sorry)
No contest really... go for the first one!!! loving this thread

TheFirstAngel
04-08-2005, 06:31 PM
Yoff: thank you very much for your great inputs, i'll go hit the drawing board one more time then and go carefully trought every point. thank you very much for your look over.
Ill be back with another update and try to merge it.

Imriela: thanks. I'll keep the lower pov then, work out my final sketch now hopefully, maybe come up first with another layoutsketch... thanks for that too!

W!L: Thanks a lot, ok, goin to redraw it... bout the girl looking ugl... ok, i'll give in more work into the design next update, was just a layout test... drawing again... :)

tilite
04-08-2005, 07:09 PM
well im glad to see u redrawing it... i much prefered the layout of the older design. hopfuly its reall rough and u can post it soon.. coz im intruiged and might stay up... key word might! if i coul dbe bothered i would make that bold...lol. even tho that proboably took more effort of its 5am i aint staying up night... and ill enjoy that update in the moring... when i get up... later

ChrisThatGuy
04-08-2005, 08:47 PM
One thing in both of the last two composition is that the king's portrait is over himself, and the girl's is over herself, which kind of leads the eye around in a awkward way, and creates a sort of conceptual division down the center. Maybe try swapping the positions of the portraits at the top so that the eye will follow around the image in more of a figure-8.

birdybear
04-09-2005, 03:22 PM
I also liked your last composition better but if you really like the new one I'd sujest bringing the mans shoulders up a bit more so he looks like he's laughing with them (his shoulders). Maybe bring his eyes to look at the woman on the right that way the flow won't be interupted. I think this is the makings of a great magazine cover! Keep them coming!

KarelWolf
04-09-2005, 05:16 PM
There's nothing uglyier about the girl in the new layout, W!L, not even ugly. He's right about the layout though, the one before the last one is better.
Very nice work, I love it!:bounce:

It looks like my hand is broken, I shold go to a doctor:surprised. I must be to stupid to be true.:D
I have a new concept! I would be honoured with your'e visit.

take care...

kmest
04-09-2005, 06:32 PM
hi sacha..nice to see U on 2D..u're too active .....i wanted to join on 2D too but i'm realy busy right now...i dont know even i can finish my 3D or not:)..but it seems you are doing both of it and still good jobs.....nice works U have here.....good luck ....
i guess i'll have to check both of your work from now on..keep up good working:thumbsup:

Virtuoso
04-09-2005, 11:20 PM
Hi Sacha.......While I like this layout.....I would certanly go with the one before this one......

i think the girl is very attractive by the way.....not even a question about that....the color tones are simple beautiful..a most wonderful pallette.....very soft and serene.........passive and at the same time bold and strong......just love the color tones......The motion and depth of the scene.....it's alive......:arteest: :arteest:

beelow
04-09-2005, 11:43 PM
I haven't read through all of the post to know what is going on, but I do know that I like what I see here. Good stuff I havent seen your 3d yet but I am going to have a look see right now.:thumbsup:

NOOB!
04-10-2005, 07:31 AM
go with the first!!

but i still like ur last update,looks great.

edit:actually i'm not sure which one i like more!! arghh

alexfalchi
04-10-2005, 10:20 AM
Azzarola ho (italian word) Fantastic color mix and superb design like alot all...but I really love the girl :love: sexsy and very beutiful:love: can you give me its telefon number??:bounce:

If I look this draw and after I look my draw....i'm :cry: :cry: ( I hope you understand this english:)

Alex.

artjunkie
04-10-2005, 11:31 AM
Great progress made on this piece since last I stopped by. I agree with Yoff... I kinda liked the previous layout better than your most recent post. A bit more dynamic and I like the fact that the character's faces take up more room (they're pose and expression seem more expressive).

Lovely designs and you have a wonderful style! Can't wait to see what's next. Cheers!

Zephyri
04-11-2005, 12:55 AM
Hey Sacha! I think I'll have to agree with the mass opinion here too - the first one! I think the elements of it looked much more intertwined with one another, and the expressions and angles of the character's close ups spoke volumes about their place (him looking slightly shifty and up, her looking more servile and down, but still with that feisty look in her eye).

As for the backgrounds, I really like them both... and they both give the piece a slightly different feel. The hieroglyphs made the scene at the bottom feel like it was placed in a really huge hall of sorts, whereas the sky almost made it look like they were outside, but is probably less distracting from the main characters.

Also I think it might be worth trying ChrisThatGuy's suggestion of swapping the closeups over on the page, it may or may not work (couldn't tell you till I'd seen it), but I think it would emphasize again their relationship as master and servant. Eh, whatever you do it'll be great!

TheFirstAngel
04-11-2005, 09:19 AM
Hey Friends!
I am very sorry for not being able to show prgress, had to do some client work andafter sketches are trough there, now going there for some Airbrush works. I'll try to update my work here as soon as i find time, and i am convinced to work on variation1. :)
thank you very much for your support and i'll be back tonight for some more work on this!
cheers

Adamos
04-11-2005, 09:38 AM
How did I miss this?!

Hi!

really dig your piece! cartoony but serious at once. This last one has a pleasant amount of action in it! You're one of those contestants who're hard to crit, cause you're keeping the image on a strong WIP level. I can see lots of things are experiments and the light colors are leaving you space for adjustments, now....

what the hell could i say Lol!

I'll just sit and watch...:)

nice movie poster-like compo there!
Adam

TheFirstAngel
04-13-2005, 05:27 AM
http://www.angel3d.ch/content/3d/wip/masterandservant2d/sketch06b_snakedancer_pncl.jpg

Penciled out the merged layouts, what do you think now? is it more ballanced now?
....:rolleyes: c&c most needed, cool enough for a go?

ace4016
04-13-2005, 06:13 AM
Once the lines are cleaned up, I thing its good to go (although I am still in love with the very first pose, but theats just me being nitpicky). And if there is nothing in the backgorund that you have decided on, I say pick the hieroglyphics.

Korline
04-13-2005, 06:29 AM
I like the watercolor kind of look, with the thin outlines
not sure who is in charge here

:)

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=224972

tilite
04-13-2005, 06:31 AM
diffently better balance but it does seem rather busy

AlyFell
04-13-2005, 08:17 AM
You're gonna hate me for this Sacha! ;) I love the theme and the imagery, and your drawing is lovely. It really reminds me of Sheherazade and the Sultan from '1001 Nights'. I like what you are doing with the pic; turning it into a sort of montage with different elements of the story and character. My only crit of the current version is it is very 'busy', everything is fighting for attention. There is a lot going on in the image, and the eye gets a bit confused. I reckon if the dancer was made larger, with more emphasis placed on her it would pull you in emotionally more. I thought you were on to something when the pic was more intimate...

Intimate Version (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6763/6763_1112662820_large.jpg)

With this one though, you could have expanded the composition slightly, so it was less cramped. Sometimes 'less is more'. Don't get me wrong though, the movie poster version is fab, but you have to be careful about where you make the emphasis. If you do do a version of the most recent one, how about fading off the faces above like a dream, so the main part of the image, the dancer and the Sultan/Pharaoh are more contrasted up?

Of the movie poster look ones, this was my fav. :

Poster Version (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6763/6763_1112914564_medium.jpg)

But the thing is, turning the heads outwards takes you out of the image. How about a version where they are looking inward, and then showing the relationship, or emotional interaction with their expressions... Bleh!

TheFirstAngel
04-14-2005, 02:56 AM
thanks a lot for your most constructive crit, posh. appreciate very very
much. I will work out a new composition tomorrow, tryig to simplify and get the weighting correct. felt a bit unmotivated to draw it again tonight, so spent a bit time with doodles.
I'll definately try to light up the relationship more, maybe even go for a brand now concept. not decieded yet. thanks a lot for your help. keep it up mate!

Adamos: Thanks a lot! i'll update the poster tomorrow and set things as supposed to be i hope :) thank you very much

Tilitie: Thanx tom, and yes, it is too busy. I'll based on the old, or even all new goin to build it up again. 6am agian. sigh. keep it up my friend!

Korline: Thanks mate.

Ace: Ok, trying to go with the hyroglyphes. i liked the sky but most here didn't so that test is ex. Hieroglyphes then :) thanks mate!

Beelow: Lol, yeah, posts are big. i always try to answer individually and i appreciate every post n crit. u know, this is my first 2d challenge ever, so i try to improve. Thanks for visiting :)

Michael: I am working on it, based on the one before, i gonna try to get proportions and flow optimized. maybe on coast of details scale down the whole image radically and give it more space. dunno yet. just keep trying. I am glad you like the colortones i chose. Keep up your great work as well my friend! Keep on rockin'!

Kmest: Hehe, on coast of sleep i go 5d. couldnt resist. glad you like my worx here :) Best luck on yours as well! keep it up my friend!

Karel: tHANX FOR SETTING THAT RIGHT. It was just a layout test, very shodly colored to see how things would look together. to find out the doirection doesnt work . sigh.. lol. instead of kicking the door, i might headbang a bit. lol. told you. kick it ;) keep it up my friend!

Crystal: THank you so much! THank you so much! I am actually thinking about letting them have som eyecontact in the portrait, her the unreachable beauty, him, the godking in his desire... maybe change it and let em have a secret love... thank you for your observation! keep it up too!

Criis: I sort of wanted to avoid the crossjumping, cuz the image is busy nuf nd eye gets confused. goin to try more layouts somorrow :) maybe i gonna find a nice way. thanx for the suggestion, goin for an 8 tomorrow as well.

TheFirstAngel
04-14-2005, 03:31 AM
http://www.angel3d.ch/content/3d/wip/masterandservant/xtra/brave%20teddy.jpg

Just one of the concepts i scribbled

Story:
Brave teddy protects the little boy from the monster under the bed...

TheFirstAngel
04-14-2005, 03:36 AM
Baphomed and the fallen Angel.
played with topic of 1001 night, as long as the fallen angel tells her story, he stays calm and will listen to her... telling him an eternal story...

http://www.angel3d.ch/content/3d/wip/masterandservant/xtra/baphomed and the fallen angel.jpg

TheFirstAngel
04-14-2005, 03:39 AM
http://www.angel3d.ch/content/3d/wip/masterandservant/xtra/brain.jpg

Energy! nothing happens except one thing. - Igor messed it up again. Shitty servant, its so hard to get skilled staff...

thanks everyone... needed a lil break from my piece, cuz it's still not working for me. so was doooooodling. all night long. just crap in my brain. 3 of many sketches.
maybe i'd better sleep.
am sleepless... No progress. must get composition right. must get good idea. feeling silly. am drawing. Monsters. Sexy Mistresses. Silly servants. Evil Masters. can't get anything smart out of my brain in the moment. and its NOT cuz of spring. though.

going to draw more tomorrow. keep it up my friends. be back with an update when brain works again...:argh: :banghead: :argh: :banghead: :argh:

Squibbit
04-14-2005, 06:26 AM
the other sketches are fine, too, but the
dancer pic is great, go with it , dude.
I'd take a little of the extra stuff away from it,
like the beast behind the face of the dancer
girl. Also the little dancer between the master
and the girl I guess the pic could do without.
Otherwise just finish the pic,man. :thumbsup:

Virtuoso
04-14-2005, 07:08 AM
I think this last skecth is real fun and the idea is something I would personally love to see get finished actually Angel.......But all in all I too would suggest for you to continue the dancer sketch,it's really a wonderful concept,and done very nicely,I think maybe you are thinking too much...just go with the flow,,,,the design is set,just let it come naturally......sometimes with all we do we think too much.......I know it happens to me.....just go with the flow young man.....See you soon,you got a real nice style and touch.....:arteest:

mosconariz
04-14-2005, 05:55 PM
ANGEL DOESN'T HAVE A WACOM!!!

he makes it all via mouse!

I thought it was needed to said this, cause he is making amazing images... :scream:

The teddy sketch rocks... and the spring one... hehehehehe!

3dRaven
04-14-2005, 05:57 PM
No Wacom ???? ......this is a joke right?? Don't tell me you paint with the double click brick......... Sacha? :surprised

Zephyri
04-14-2005, 06:05 PM
wow, you've been busy! I really love the eternal story image, but whether it's really a servant and master theme could be debated. And that last brain concept made me laugh out loud. But, I'd have to agree with Virtuoso and say go with that latest merging of the dancer concept, i think it's wonderfully balanced, and they are such original, strong characters. but certainly keep the others in mind, cause I'd love to see you do them.

TheFirstAngel
04-14-2005, 06:07 PM
Moscoloco and Smart birdie: no, i don't have a wacom. wish i had one. and those up there are just shodly pencilsketches. so not a miracle. lol. but, definately, if i can make it, i save some money and by one soon :)

Mater Squib, Michael and Sam: Thank you, so much! lol, no worries, i wont go for the last series, i'll keep on developing the godking/snakedancertopic... thank you so much for your visit!

pushav
04-14-2005, 07:32 PM
I haven't been to this thread in a minute. Nice job with the coloring so far. Remember keep it loose until the final stages.

Squibbit
04-14-2005, 07:55 PM
well, I still like post #140 -with the alterations
I suggested-the best :)

arkinet
04-14-2005, 09:05 PM
love your watercolor type loose sketch, good job!

TheFirstAngel
04-14-2005, 11:33 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6763/6763_1113521611_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6763/6763_1113521611_large.jpg)

Like suggested by Poshspice and Squibit, i tried to go for an intimate simplified version of the headerpart.
the composition now is sort of "by day and by night". this is the more romantic and sad version. tell me what you think now....

birdybear
04-14-2005, 11:41 PM
Yes! This composition is by far the strongest by my standards. I think the expressions need a little bit more however... I can imagine what the man is thinking but I can't see it in his eyes enough yet. Does he love her? Want her? Or is he taking her... it seems that way most of all. Your work is top notch.

TheFirstAngel
04-14-2005, 11:43 PM
Squibbit: thanks a lot for your help mate. tried to create a romantic more intimate version... not the best drawing i made ever but its just a layoutsketch, so, doesnt matter too much. strongly simplified it.

Raven: Tried the volumetric sidelight you suggested. looks quiet fine. sort of like the lightning and will build up on it. thanks for that suggestion.

Mylady Zepyhri: Hey Sam, what makes this feel you like? i tried to bring in much more focus on the relationship of the two of em... jusst a test. if it sux, i'll go for the one before...

pushav: tzhanks mate. i just colored my concept sketches to see how its working. helps me to get an impression of the idea, visualizing it. and i'll try to keep it loose and floating, :) thanks for watching mate!

Squibbit: this or 140? heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!!!

arkinet: thanks. watercolor feel comes from my shodly way to work :P lol

Poshspice: updated an attemp. just a try. just fast, now... more intimate. what do you think mate?

Birdybear: thank you so much, Crystal! her expression, tried to show her pride and her desire for freedom. when she's dancing, she's free. SHe's his Majesty Godking's biggest delight. he loves her, but cant please her. and her body may be his, but never her heart and her soul.
maybe its after love. maybe before. i almost feel bad to let him touch her... lol. sigh.

3dRaven
04-14-2005, 11:47 PM
The last concept seems very different...hmm it total changes the way you looks at the pic....

Zephyri
04-15-2005, 12:22 AM
*blush* my lady? heh heh heh.

I really, really like that latest update, Sacha. It tells so much more of a story. The dancer's body language is lovely, you get a real sense of her being in the servant position, and not having much choice about it, but there is a freedom in her eyes that tells you what a strong personality hides under the servile pose. He looks possessive, but not cruelly so, perhaps in a more lusty sense, and there is an indication that she is something more than just a dancer to him. Much, much, much prefer it like this, I think the relationship between them is really solidified, and like you say, has a sadness about it. You could believe that neither of them wants it to be like that, but the laws of their society say it has to be like that, so they have no choice. Hark at me, spilling the stories now. Shows you its very inspiring if nothing else!

mosconariz
04-15-2005, 03:04 AM
I think I have just said you all this in messenger... But for the rest of people here; here we go... For me, the post 140:
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6763/6763_1112914564_small.jpg
has a better composition... cause everything is where it should be... in the last sketch I see 2 different images, not linked... however, the emotion in the last sketch is great! If I were U, I would made a medium-close or a close of them in the last sketch, but rotating her face a little bit to the right... Just my suggestion m8, keep on rockin'!!!

and... good luck with all your projects!, your skills in 2D and 3D R just out of this world! well, not actually, they are in this world, but they R fantastic! :scream:

AlyFell
04-15-2005, 08:17 AM
Yeah! This works well for me too! I agree with mosconariz but still prefer this one. It keeps the poster feel and is more intimate as well. The dancer's pose is superb... loads of life! Colour! :)

Squibbit
04-15-2005, 08:50 AM
for me it's #140 , i like the fun, easy feel of it.

But that's just my opinion , I don't get the same
emotional feel from the pic as some of the people
that posted earlier, still they have explained the
feeling they got well, so i can imagine it feels like
that to them. This understandable? So for me
#140 works for best, but maybe the other one
is better for you and some others :shrug:

JimmiMak
04-15-2005, 11:29 AM
I was nicely settled with the warm fuzzy feeling of being safe in the knowledge that I had spotted the likely winner or high runner up in this competition! I can understand peoples comments regarding the more intimate version, but I really don't think that such a drastic change is required.:shrug:

The only crit I would make is that both parties (on the less intimate original version) are appearing quite dominant and master-like.. is this the point? ie:who actually IS the dominant master/servant... let me know:buttrock:

If anything I would emphasise the relationship between the king/sultan/pharoa and the female party, being that of an ignorant male who believes that he is in control and has a god-complex, along with the female who is the REAL master by using her nubile body as a psychological half-nelson!!

Just a suggestion as this is the path I see you travelling as a real contender.:D

Will be posting my work this weekend as I'm a late starter:rolleyes: so please feel free to crit and offer advice as it would be most welcome from an artist such as yourself!!:thumbsup:

Regards
Jimmi

nebezial
04-15-2005, 11:43 AM
looks much better than the last one, last one was to separated and allmost comical, this one is more emotional:thumbsup:

pushav
04-15-2005, 09:55 PM
wow even more concepts. Hopefully you will choose one. And I reworked the perspective on mine just as you told me.

fooxoo
04-16-2005, 06:12 AM
Beautiful - the last sketch! I really like it how you draw faces. And you re good with composition! Good luck! :thumbsup:

tilite
04-16-2005, 07:48 AM
i really like ur latest... i think its a great compo... i was going to sugest a thing of two to change but then it just wouldnt have worked as well... so all i can say is get painting:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BlackDidThis
04-16-2005, 08:17 AM
I really loved the new drama going on here...

You are one fast guy on the sketches! And it is definately better than most sketches... don't worry.
I must say that I liked the thin line set between having to dance and having to dance in other manners. I think you have captured the emotion in her exrpression well. And the moment has been chosen perfectly. I am not sure about the guys expression though. It doesn't take from the story, just that it doesn't add as much as the rest.

Unless you haven't made up your mind. I would really love to see you go with this. I personally find it to be a wonderful idea.

Staying tuned for more :)

Black

Vectorius
04-16-2005, 02:29 PM
Your sketch are great...

Maybe you should work just the bottom of your sketch..just the scene and leave the foreground with the character in close up...it's just my feeling ...but i like the bottom vey much..:bounce:

Good luck

Maidith
04-16-2005, 02:59 PM
I enjoyed viewing your concept sketches, all very nice! :) Can't wait to see the further evolution of your concept...

NOOB!
04-16-2005, 03:01 PM
yeh this one looks the s**t i wud go with this one.

1.because it looks better
2.time is running out
3.time is running out
4.time is running out
5.time is ru.......

calisto-lynn
04-16-2005, 06:05 PM
much better. more intimate. youre getting better by the minute.:)

birdybear
04-16-2005, 07:03 PM
Thanks for taking the time to respond to everyone individually. You are a great member to communicate with! Thanks for the story... looks like you've got it down! I'm excited to see whats next. (Sigh... u r so good!)

W-I-L
04-16-2005, 07:27 PM
doooode! that is soo much better... NOW she looks gorgous... well done for pushing it.. i don't ahve the energy to keep changing stuff all the time... i am too lazy. it is my downfall... but at least i have finnaly clawed my way to line art stage! Can not wait to see your painting

artjunkie
04-17-2005, 09:29 PM
Hmmm... I kinda like #140 myself... but that's just me *shrugs*... you're designs and composition are really REALLY good, so whichever you decide I'm sure it'll still be a stunning piece when you get it finished. Just make sure you leave yourself enough time :D

Looking forward to seeing your next update.

cheers!

TheFirstAngel
04-18-2005, 12:51 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6763/6763_1113785492_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6763/6763_1113785492_large.jpg)

Hope this does it as lineart, cuz i don't see absolutely not why it should be required to make a cleanout and loss of dynamiclines i made to have em all placed for the flow i want em to. finally. Linearts :P cuz this is my paintbase and before i loose the rest bit of patience, i hope everyone followed this likes my base composition now. I might add many many more details, but really had to settle on a base now. 30 days 23 houer 13 minutes. And theat should be nuf to clean out my base in overpainting this here. thanks to anyone who helped me to find this.

alex.h.
04-18-2005, 01:05 AM
wow, great scetch my friend, love it. see you and :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

pushav
04-18-2005, 01:10 AM
I am really looking forward to this picture being finished.

TheFirstAngel
04-18-2005, 01:38 AM
Oh my, really really wow, thanks mates, andi am speachless. i was so unsure til now, but i played around the last 2 days a lot with my usual way to paint n draw, started a new painting for practicing and go for a lastminuterun for d'artiste. I was unsure. needed a bit distance. ran into panic, trough madness and into hopeless moments of pure artistic lethargy. and finally feel ready to get this piece painted.
Had a shitty week. (something very sad in my Familly). I was constanly just sleeping 1 hour or 2. had to work on a freelancejob wich took me much time. didnt get the sketch satisfying. and felt like crying every minute. and you all helped me trough this.

Raven: I went for a middleway now. hope you like my final lineselection.

Sam: Thank you my Dearest! It's now done i hope, my nervewracking compo search is over. YOu exactly got out the message and i really am happy you like the story i tell here. You made me smile so much! huggs. keep it up my Lady! Go Sam GO GO Go!

Mosco-Weirffff-o-Loco-nariz: 140 altered. final sketched the "embarassing scene and placed it as i want it to. I also turned her face slightly right as you suggested to give her a bit distance. hope you like the way i built your suggestions in. thank you so much for being on this long stoney road with me til here, you been such a great help and cant thank you enough. and... no, my skills are NOT out of anything, i sometimes am just out of myself a bit and the rest is inconstant and confusing even to me... Hahahaha. lol keep on rocking bro!

Aly: Merged the 2, last and 140. hope this still works for you. as u say. time for color! thank you so much for all your always highly aprreciated suggestions wich were a great help til now. keep it up my friend!

Overlord Squib(dances with ubertounge): Forgive me for have skipped 140. i sorta liked it too but didn't grant me nuff place to tell the story. I finally took up all elements i liked in 140 and this is what came out. hope you still like it. Keep it up my friend! love your worx! keep on rockin'!

JimmiMak: Hahaha, did your the blur collisions finally sove on your squirelly airo-armada? thank you for your thoughts. Here's the story facette again: she, in early pre-egypt time, was born to be the greatest dancer, whith her macigal avatar, her snake, to please the godking, the pharao and greatest ruler of em all. He is the mightiest man of her world. but at night, he is not able to please her. he loves her. but she doesnt love him. she's a prisoner in a golden Jail... and those moments she's dancing, she's free.... and the mightiest man owns her, her body, but her heart and soul will never be his.... impossible love...
Looking forward to your post then, best luck and rock it!

Stjepan: Thanks my friend. hope you like my final solution as well. keep it up mate!

Pushav: Yep i did. almost a miracle. lol. Goin to have a look at yours immediately, to see what you made out of it, but what i seen looked like a solid base, worth 100 times to have fixed it!

Foox
oo: THank you very much, I'm ery happy you like my style :) best luck to you too

Tilite: The moment is here. Colors to leave the horrible "skeleton-worx"... Thanks for all your help! keep on goin!

BlacK: Hey my friend! Thanks a lot and tried to find hard, you were a big help and i am very happy to have you on my side on this! Now that my brain is finally free, i have a bit more time again, to get things rigt and also help my friends again! it's up and ready to start getting serious. and it took me my last to get here. thanks for have beeing here. keep it up my friend!

Fiolka Andre: The botthom doesnt tell the full story and always was just supposed to be the (maby most important) part of the composition. and if it is this big, i'll pay much attention to it! glad you like it. best luck to you too!

Maiddith; Thank you so much. I'm happy you liked it so far and will give my best to keep it like that! best luck to you too!

Noob: Thankees Mate! Got it nailed. its rushour... hahahaha 2-5 made me laugh. hahaha, you rock! keep it up mate!

Calisto: Thanks I had a silly shitty warmup and am deeply ashamed bout my first 2 sketches.... hahahaha. glad at least i shown a bit advantage... thankees

Crystal: Oh, thank you so much! Naaah, disagree. just a humble learner trying to get his silly ideas and weird stories into bits n bytes. but .... ahrgh, love your style too, its so sweet n loveley!

W!L: Hehe, thank you so much and i'm very happy you like the update! Just keep on goin, talent alone leads to no-where, its the dedication that makes you get further, and i am sure, you wouldn't have gotten where you are with "honestly" the dedication it takes to bring works up like you do. THanks a lot for your sharp eyes and helpfull suggestions! keep it up!

Artjunky: Time, :argh: time... (haha, hope healed from the Kitty-vomit-trauma) Thank you and i wish i could take that avice by heart, time is mean.. goin' for a new freelamnce job on tuesday. wich of course is most welcome but still... lol. wish i had more time.

For all who helped me to get to here, big big thank you and :bowdown:and :beer: you all :buttrock:!

cha0t1c1
04-18-2005, 01:48 AM
come on man, you better get on that horse, not much time left...

TheFirstAngel
04-18-2005, 03:17 AM
alex.h. and pushav: thanks mates! glad you like my final sketch. :)

cha0t1c1: u know, the time when sketching was worth it i think. the base for a good work in my oppinion is a good sketch. so i'm quiet fast in coloring, and it was important for me my sketch works. keep it up mate!

cha0t1c1
04-18-2005, 03:25 AM
thnx for dropping bye buddy, I'll try to get the adjustments done...:)

cha0t1c1
04-18-2005, 04:32 AM
thank you, will reveal the elements soon...I have exams in two days, but will be on full force after... thanks again...

Virtuoso
04-18-2005, 04:47 AM
You know it kind of reminds of the Old Movie posters..........You can see the stars and a few pieces of all that will take place within the movie.......I happen to love it.it's a full store of candy wide open for my viewing......Really dramatic,and spread out beautifully......besides the beautiful drawing ability........just a great job sacha,keep it coming,move from here as you are,I'll be watching......:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

fooxoo
04-18-2005, 05:02 AM
Dunno... I think it fits fine for lineart :P because it is the base that you ll be working on to colour it, so it is fine by me definately. What I really find great about the latest (last) concept is the floatiness off it. Very dynamic and interesting to look at, cant wait to see what colour palette you are going to use. Best of luck :D:thumbsup:

ace4016
04-18-2005, 05:47 AM
Looks great. Just one thing: I know it's just line art but the expression on the master's face in the upper part looks like h is worried, would have thought he would have had a more meniacle face. Err, I hope thats not a bra/top I see on the sphinx gaurds, they look more natural without a bra/top; but thats just my opinion. Glad you finally picked a concept, now lets see some color:bounce: .

...and if you want me to get picky, the first pose of the snake dancer looked the best.

bigjoe
04-18-2005, 06:13 AM
Awesome lineart! I think the composition is working for you too. Good luck with the next steps! Great job so far!

BlackDidThis
04-18-2005, 11:30 AM
The final compostition is really great alright.. but more important than that: I have to very strongly agree with NOOB!'s comment on the amount of time that is left. I would LOVE to see a work to your standards. But more important I would love to see you make it in time!

At first I honestly was not sure if she shoul be looking up as she is with a painful hope of another life, or down in shame of what has just obligationally happened. I really coudl't make a choice personally. But shall she be looking up, I think this would be the best angle you could be going for.

I think it is all lovely, and the new detailed 'Touch' to the story line is PERFECT.

Come on Sacha... things don't start any better than this.. lets see you kick some arse!

Black

Ps; I double you on the pain for the line art :)

nebezial
04-18-2005, 11:35 AM
yeah, looks great now hit the work:thumbsup:

3dRaven
04-18-2005, 12:27 PM
The final sketch look great Sacha. Can't wait for you to give it a nice coat of paint :)

TheFirstAngel
04-18-2005, 01:00 PM
cha0t1c1: thanks, and most welcome :) keep on rocking

Mr. Snoop: He's just in sorry for his lust maybe. or selfsorry cuz he cant give her what would make her love him... sigh, difficult difficult :P and nah, i won't paint shynxes with wonderbras no worries.

fooxoo: mostly it will be the spectrum of my colored sketches. some cold sand and yellow, shiny veils, and suff like that. thanks for watching :)

jbig808: tnak you. glad the composition works now :)

BlackDidThis: Thank you very much my friend! I just started coloring this moment. well, working without wacom is pain. but at least i can work :D the look up (for hope) adds her the the attitude i want to give her. thanks a lot my friend!

Lord Neb: Hehe, happy you like it too

3d Raven: Just started, thanks and i'm happy it works for you too now!

Hahaha, on my long researches i just found a "reference" of the one and only godking. I knew the King is alive. he was before and he will live again. he already was the king in oldegypt, look:

http://www.angel3d.ch/content/3d/wip/masterandservant/xtra/01.jpg

Squibbit
04-18-2005, 01:10 PM
aaargh! where du u get those pics??

spacesnail
04-18-2005, 01:54 PM
Hello Sacha

you've got great skill to draw the King like that :thumbsup:
Gentlemen, we have the winner !!! Ha ha ha.

about the "real" work, your last sketch is absolutely great. Waiting to see this will go through the painting process. Good luck. The clock is ticking . . . Tic tac tic tac.

Cheers

xric7
04-18-2005, 02:11 PM
this greattttt ..
your drawing isthe best :bounce:
colour colour..next

my mands 2d
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=227677

TheFirstAngel
04-18-2005, 03:01 PM
http://www.angel3d.ch/content/3d/wip/masterandservant2d/snakedancer04_cutout%20meow.jpg
Just started to paint meow on the left. i use a mix of paint, blur, smudge and gradient tool.
Just for Snoopy to show him, kitty wont have a wonderbra :P

Squib: hahaha web is full a sh###t sometimes ;)

Spacesnail: ahahahahaha. lol. tic tic ti i hurry hurry hurry! thanks for your visit maitre de la lune... keep it up!

Xric: Am on goin, more updates later today :)

eddieellis
04-18-2005, 03:06 PM
hey mate... what a good picture... not been watching the 2d forum, and now i can see ive been missing out... great work :thumbsup:

3dRaven
04-18-2005, 03:13 PM
Hehe nice kitty purrrrrrr....:drool:...finish her up I want more :)

Zephyri
04-18-2005, 04:52 PM
Oh wow Sacha... this is gorgeous now... it was great before, but that tweak on the angle of the upper portion just really makes it fantastic, you get a sense of dominance on the part of the master and her face is much more sad and longing. Love the detail on the sphinxess too, I can't believe you don't have a wacom. :love:

And that reference picture is just SCARY.

ace4016
04-18-2005, 05:51 PM
http://www.angel3d.ch/content/3d/wip/masterandservant2d/snakedancer04_cutout%20meow.jpg
Just started to paint meow on the left. i use a mix of paint, blur, smudge and gradient tool.
Just for Snoopy to show him, kitty wont have a wonderbra :P

haha, one of the few times where nudity fits. What kind of eyes will you give her?

BlackDidThis
04-18-2005, 08:40 PM
Oh!! they were actually people?! I must have read over that bit... Sorry! I thought they were statues or something :sad:

Well she looks great. And it would look so cool to have in between fantasy characters to catalyse the effect.

The competition is aparently full of amazing entries done without the aid of a tablet... So I guess you are going to be one of them :)
I think the airbrush background is giving you a big advantage in your digital works. None the less in the same manner you do not have a direct contact to the canvas. So you have to sort of coordinate your actions with the results you get.

Well you'll be seeing more of me now that your updates have become more frequent :)

Black

BaronImpossible
04-18-2005, 08:58 PM
Looking great, nice detail and good composition. The only thing that unnerves me is that the Elvis guy looks strangely like my father.

TheFirstAngel
04-19-2005, 12:30 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6763/6763_1113870620_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6763/6763_1113870620_large.jpg)

uhm, just continued coloring :) meeow again

TheFirstAngel
04-19-2005, 12:58 AM
Was going for a bit coloring, and now am working on the light. well, loadsa work, but i keep pushing. i had to paint this with standart brushes, the trick is too use lighter and darker colors to create the bumbeffect continuely with smaller brushtips. and then sharpen the highlights.
goinn to finnish her and her sis. cocky pets. lol

eddieellis: glad you like it! hehe, yep many great pieces in here. am humbly coloring my little entry watching big boys and try to learn. lol. c you soon mate!

3dRaven: kitty purrrrrs too:)

Lady Zepyhri: HAhaha, yeah the refpic is very scary. when ui found itr i felt like posting it here, cuz i almost fell of my chair. i specially love his shoes. hahaha. I'm glad you like my new compo. sigh. was scared i'd never get it right. i'd give my all for having a wacom again, really gets me a hard time to mousepaint it all. Love your new compo so much as well, keep it up my dear!!!:love:

ace4016: hehe, lol. thx. happy you like her.

Black: hehe. yeah. the freehand airbrush expiriences help a lot with mouseswinging, but still its not half of the speed i normally have and things like fur are painfull, fibric structures with high detailamount make it be pure pain. wacom would change that... having to go check yours immediately! keep it up my friend!

Baron Impossible: Thanks andi appreciate a lot. love your piece. hahahha. does your dad really look like elvis??? :surprised wowies. "my dad the king". lol. keep it up mate!

Back with the next update later here tonight!!! keep it up!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

mosconariz
04-19-2005, 01:08 AM
Weiiiirf work Sacha!

She's really miiiiiice!

I think the pillows should be made in a different color... cause is difficult to recognice the shape... however, the way skin reacts is great! R U using SSS? :D LOL, the hair is also very nice, and fur will be great!

Can't wait to see more!

Dulshad03
04-19-2005, 01:16 AM
Wow! This picture has such flow, and such well draw movements to the body flow.
Can't wait to see the rest of it.

Check out my M&S.

TheFirstAngel
04-19-2005, 03:52 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6763/6763_1113882730_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6763/6763_1113882730_large.jpg)

uhm... yes, all over impression starts getting a bit of shape too :) just a bit of lightning.

TheFirstAngel
04-19-2005, 04:16 AM
mosconariz: lol goin to change the pillows. i don't like em either, maybe blue god or white god works. i'll try that tomorrow. thanks a lot and your update looks nice, seems the refs helped :D keep it up mate!

Dulshad03: Thanks a lot mate! i'll keep on going!

own look over: girl looks too realistc, goin to work much on her to keep the toony style. snakehead needs an adjustment in the perspective. his hand sux royally. upper part is leftheavy. going to adjust that as well.
am open for every suggestion, just started the light to see how the piece is coming along. thankfull for every c&c. Keep it up my friends! cheers :wip: :argh: :wavey:

cha0t1c1
04-19-2005, 04:40 AM
the basic lighting really helps with the intimate expression(and that beautifull dragonesque snake on top)... I'll be watching...It really is paying off, all that work... keep it goin' :bounce:

Samuraikuroi
04-19-2005, 04:52 AM
Cool stuff Sacha!! Love your art style. and your website is very cool! :thumbsup:

My master & Servant (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=226306)

W-I-L
04-19-2005, 12:13 PM
holy hell this is good... realy really impressed...

BlackDidThis
04-19-2005, 01:06 PM
My initial reaction would be in the lines of "It's a bit dark"
But knowing how you work... I think it would be a very good idea to have it drop dark behind her. Since your colours would bring her out, and the darkness atop the crimson and yellow tints of the thrown room would just look like the thickened smoke of the torches lighting it up!

The dragon sort of reminds me of the 'Mortal Combat' movie with a great variaty of statues all through out it. All with a living expression. Looking really good. Maybe too good. You are going to have to be extra impressive on the two infront of it. And putting jewellery on them is not really an option.
I am sure you'll come up with something. Just typing things to ensure that I did look at the picture :p :)

It's going very good.. whoe needs a tablet when they have your talents? :thumbsup:

Black

note: You don't really have to bother yourself too much about mine... I'm going VERY slow on my updates to compair to yours :sad:

3dRaven
04-19-2005, 01:56 PM
Really like what you did with the snake in the last update...didn't notice him in the last post...looks :thumbsup:

JHarford
04-19-2005, 02:35 PM
hell...thats nice!. i really like this.. ! keep up the good work...

spacesnail
04-19-2005, 02:39 PM
Nice and sad expression on her face :love:

Colours Colours Colours Colours Colours Colours !!!

TheFirstAngel
04-19-2005, 04:26 PM
cha0t1c1: thanks a lot! going to refine the light during work and now go for some colors :)

Samuraikuroi: thank you. hehe, my website... bit a mess, cuz i am too lazy or too tired to keep it updated :blush: . thanks for your visit mate!

BlackDidThis: thank you so much my friend! I just am flattered. Really nice sugestions, the torches. yeah i just added a few backlightreflexes in the upper backgroundarea around the snakedancer symbol on the backwall. better visable when painted it out i hope. I'll try to go for a nice colorballance now. hope you like my colorupdate i come up with tonight :) i visited you. hehe, just as long as you get your vision done, no worries bout speed. just keep on going!
to have no wacom slows me down a bit, but at least, it forces me to work focussed... lol.
c you later my friend, and thanks for your watchover. colors should light it up and burst the briilliance i hope :)

3dRaven: hehe, the snake is tha magical avatar o her. looks like it has appetite for the king. eat still am thinking about to let it move towards the watcher... watcher/king...uhm... ? whats your prefer?

stripe: thanks and like wise my friend! let green rule em all! :P

spacesnail: thanks mate, thats exactly what i'm up to! keep it up, your work rox royally!

thanks a lot for the encouragements and great support! I'll be back with some base colors later today! best of all and have much fun everyone! cheers:beer: :thumbsup: :wip:

3dRaven
04-19-2005, 05:19 PM
I like where the snake is at the moment...doesn't seem overcrowded because there's still some space between him and the sultan.....master........guy with the turban :)

TheFirstAngel
04-19-2005, 06:40 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6763/6763_1113936040_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6763/6763_1113936040_large.jpg)

wow wow wow yippie-yo yippie-ey, anubis in the **#*.& troneroom...
this is dedicated to the snoops that was down from day one. welcome to hamun-aptra row :p
just a bit of lightning on him insted of colors, i know. but felt snoopy today so i just started painting him...

W-I-L
04-19-2005, 06:42 PM
you blow me away....

monsitj
04-19-2005, 06:57 PM
hey hey sacha! it seem you enjoy 2d more than 3d! anyway, your 2d skill rocks too! anubis muscle is very good ! hope you can finish both !:bounce:

pushav
04-19-2005, 07:07 PM
Yay anubis. Hopefully his eyes will glow.