PDA

View Full Version : Acus(Hellraiser Likeness)

Zerafian
03-27-2005, 01:44 AM
Finished him a while ago, jsut wanna get some opinions. Thx C&C welcome.

Zerafian
03-27-2005, 01:49 AM
Heres the other posts

Zerafian
03-27-2005, 01:51 AM
Forgot to mention thats the mpa sizes are 1024x1024 and 512x512

Por@szek
03-29-2005, 02:09 PM
Nice texture work, I like it. Could You post all texture on uvw'ed character??
I like the flesh parts, but I think You should work a bit on the places where lights falling. There are too brighten for me. But give more, more , and more ... :)

Psyk0
03-29-2005, 06:23 PM
Creepy!

One thing that bugs me: if we can see the muscles, that means he has almost no fat at all, right? yet when i look at the hips/lower lumbar area from the back, i get the impression he's still very fat...this area should be thinner, unless you dont want a rotten cadaver type shape, which is fine by me, just my opinion ;)

Are all those textures hand-painted?

Zerafian
03-30-2005, 01:51 AM
Psyk0: I totally agree with you about the characters body as a whole. When I look back he should be almost a complete skeleton ya know; I guess it was just a matter of what I would rather have or what it technically should look like. I went ahead and just went with what I wanted. But again I do agree with you. About the textures, yea they were all hand painted except for a base texture, like a light broken up skin texture to start the texture off with. All together the maps look me a little over 45 hours to paint. I painted them both on 2048s and knocked them down. I should add that I figured out that it is a completely bad idea to shrink maps, I lost color in many areas and a lot of things got a bit blurred when I squashed it from a 2048 to a 1024.

Por@szek: Ill try and get those maps up for you in a couple days, they are not with me at this second.

Thx guys

CGTalk Moderation
03-30-2005, 01:51 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.