PDA

View Full Version : outdoor lighting

kzo
02-13-2002, 12:18 PM
okay i think i have another some what stupid question. :D
When i turn on ray tracing for distant lights they don't seem to produce any light and if they do its very dim. Why does this happen and what can I do about it?

JacquesD
02-13-2002, 03:20 PM
You'd better to post a print screen of your scene in perspective view and one of your 'Light properties' panel, that would be easier to see where the problem may comes from.

Daymeare
02-13-2002, 07:06 PM
But u can also try a diferent aproach
for example a sky dome with radosity and a null(actingas the sun ) then u just set light values as a gradient
taking data from the DISTANCE TO OBJECT (the sun null)
make the gradient so that u have the same high values at close range and much lower values further away
tweak the values until u like what u see ( u may wish to ad colour in the same way )

Move the null along the dome surface until it is in the position acording to what time it is

I works great for desert scenes

PS: Please excuse my english

kzo
02-14-2002, 01:42 PM
I fixed it. i have a dome over the scene for the sky and when i changed it to unseen by rays or disable the lights for it, it works. i dont know why. thanks anyways

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.