PDA

View Full Version : Master and Servant 2D Entry: Henrik Kragh

Kragh
03-26-2005, 05:31 PM
Henrik Kragh has entered the Master and Servant 2D.

Challenge Page (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/masterandservant/view_entries.php?challenger=6694)

Latest Update: Coloring WIP: rough
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6694/6694_1112129018_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6694/6694_1112129018_large.jpg)

still working with a very rough drawing style. Still just to get some colors up there..think Im heading the right way, but feel free to crit and so..:)

Thanks

NOOB!
03-26-2005, 05:36 PM
hi fellow participant,enjoy!!!

good luck!

Kragh
03-26-2005, 05:40 PM
Hi all(if any...?)

So...back in, trying the 2D section this time...having real problems finding a concept to work on...all that comes to my mind is clichés....Like this one: A very beautiful lady on a dragons back....hmmmm....that is just not good enough. Then, when I really struggle, I come up with something too wiered. Like this one: A cigarette monster, attached to a human face like alien did in the movie of the same name....that is just too much. And not even giving me any good inner pictures. But there are so many ways to approach this. Should it be funny? Should it be gore?...How do you make this cool, and not being too unoriginal?...
Iīll keep fighting inside...just bought 2 liters of coke...that should tune my brain. If not that, it will surelly keep me going for a long time, improving the chance/odds to think up something great...I hope so, anyways.
If thats not enough, I should be able to afford two more liters.

Thanks

Squibbit
03-26-2005, 05:43 PM
dude , i'm just happy u bought coke and not pepsi

Kragh
03-26-2005, 05:52 PM
PEPSI.....well, for this use, Im sure it would do the job...no, the most horrific thing to drink is Coca cola light....WITH LEMON!!(-and I would have used more of these "!"īs, if cgtalkt would allow me...are they affraid Iīll scream too loud?)....but again, for this use, Im sure it would do the job.

Squibbit
03-26-2005, 05:56 PM
all light drinks are bad , i'd rather drink pepsi than anything light,
but coke is always first

hehe, anywayz, have fun !

Miker
03-26-2005, 06:00 PM
go coca cola! and good luck

Kragh
03-26-2005, 06:08 PM
I do agree with you...but I would look terrible, if I didnīt cut my use of coke into 2 halfs: 0.5 times light, 0.5 times sugar....you can live with a lot in the name of "beauty"...:)

Good luck to you all, have fun

ihamid
03-26-2005, 06:11 PM
atlast u joined friend! :).....since we are at the topic of softdrink fights.....how about a brotherhood of coke worshippers attending the big coke pyramid...mybe cylinder:scream:!

man 2 liters ..... that huge tone of creative juice ....heheh!

Kragh
03-26-2005, 06:30 PM
Great idea, my dear friend...great idea...but then again...we really need some monsters here...with slime and all. Or at least a couple of scarry big teeths...donīt you think?...-and if not that, then a very beautiful lady of some sort...and there are not many beautiful ladies in that brotherhood, unfortunately:(

Great to have you in here. Go steal my thread, before I steal yours.

Kragh
03-26-2005, 07:15 PM
ok, got it(half thrugh the 2 liters, close call:)): The fight between heaven and hell. A poor soul in the middle. Bookcover ratio. Angels in the top, deamons(maybe shaped by some kind of smoke, not really flesh and blood) in the buttom. A human being in the middle, the soul outside(not completely, but it shows...), pulled from each side. Has lost the main shape because of the pulling, just completely out of control. This is maybe not the most original plan, but I think it has great potential of light, colors and beauty....if anyone knows a similar image, please say so. I donīt know any, but thereīs a good chance it is out there...donīt wanna make a copy of something already done...

Blue and yellow in the top, red and black and purple in the buttom. Maybe some kind of green in the middle, still very much in process inside my head....But I actually have it much more clear, than I have ever had before....really some strong visuals to work from.

Master and Servant in it....yeah, 2 masters, heaven and hell, and us poor people just trying to do the right thing...

What do you think?

ihamid
03-26-2005, 07:23 PM
hullo Kragh....thats one hav and heck of an idea:scream:....the color scheme u mentioned is brilliant....dont know whether something like that exists .....!! :) ...but i still like the cola idea
heheheh!

yo start scribbling!!.....and good luck friend!

Virtuoso
03-26-2005, 08:52 PM
Hi henrik......Just caught you here in the 2D section.......heaven and hell....can there be a greater story.......I'll be watching as you move forward.....best of luck to you..........:thumbsup:

Kragh
03-26-2005, 11:01 PM
Hi again

Michael: man, you get around. How to hide from you, thatīs the question. But why should I, always getting some great words from you. Rising my interest in doing good. Thx mate.

And Hamid...there will be no cokecans...no brotherhood of cola...no nothing like that...you might as well stop it here...:)

Btw, busy on the main sketch...a lot of bodies, a lot of posses...hard work so far, not enough to show yet. But itīs heading the right direction. Thanks for being here, makes my day...and days....makes it worth the effort, allways...:)

ace4016
03-27-2005, 12:23 AM
Glad you joined. Took you long enough though:p . Cant wait to see those sketchs.

Kragh
03-27-2005, 08:34 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6694/6694_1111916058_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6694/6694_1111916058_large.jpg)

Hi all....
Yeah, this should be enough for a concept sketch...I really donīt wanna use too much on this, I will not be able to spend a lot of time on this challenge, so better get going with the real stuff. But the idea should be clear...Some angels in top, probably making them nice looking girls...why not, I can, that should be reason enough...:)...some deamons at the bottom...thinkink of making a big fire or something, then making them swim around that fire. I can see it in my mind. Having troubles describing it. And this poor soul in the middle, being ripped apart from both sides.
Alot of light and soul and smoke...well, you know how it is..
This is my concept sketch. Now I will get to work...:)

eclipson
03-27-2005, 08:49 AM
nice concept, wanna see ur next move,:)

GoodLux!!:thumbsup:

Kragh
03-27-2005, 09:31 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6694/6694_1111919459_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6694/6694_1111919459_large.jpg)

Hi again
Just wanted to show some references Iīve picked up around. One of them is from this forum(100 deamons, copyright Per Gullarn), I just love that...and it shows very well, what I intend with the deamons. Instead theyīll be facing upwards. As for the jesus picture, it were actually shown to me by yunisirees(Hamid)...I wanna go for this kind of bodies, so much volume. Thanks Hamid.
I also picked up a wing, to make sure I get the anatomi right...instead of thinking I know how a wing is build.

Bye for now

ElFuego
03-27-2005, 10:09 AM
Looks good! :) I have also religious theme for my M&S entry so I'm subscribing this one. I'v also pondered with that angelwing a while and maybe we can help each other to draw the ultimate angel! :D

Keep em coming.

ace4016
03-27-2005, 10:22 AM
I like the concept sketch, its looks like it is going to be a very impressive piece. I hope you get the chance to finish the entry.

Kragh
03-27-2005, 10:26 AM
me too, ideed, me too....thanks for the words. Working on the poor soul. Trying to make him...well, poor:)

GaeasHerald
03-27-2005, 05:12 PM
Angels, yeah!! I love angels, and this is the first one I've seen in this competition. Here's my humble approach to the subject: http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=222502
Seems we share some views on it. Take your time with the concept sketches, in my very limited experience, it is a key part in a challenge like this (last time I did regret not having planned ahead, and developing my scketches some more).
Good luck!

Kragh
03-27-2005, 05:41 PM
GaeasHerald: You are very right, knowing what youīre working against, is somewhat very importend. In this project though, I really donīt have a lot of time to spend. At the same time, I really have this very strong image in my mind, and feel I have enough to work from. Maybe Iīll regret it later in the process, but Iīm ready to take the chance this time. Will check your project out right away, thanks for the support.

Overall information: Have worked on the poor soul, have decided to make him naked. You donīt bring your material belongings to this place Iīm visualizing here...I think...:)
And the pose for the poor soul Iīm showing in the concept sketch is also very suitable for nudity, nothing will be revealed that much...

ihamid
03-27-2005, 06:03 PM
hi there Kragh.....looks like u have been busy reseaching:) ..... nice references... sorry for the late post...anyway great progress....dont let the photoshop easer run out!!:scream: ..btw you dont have to thank me...just some crits on my thread would be enough;)

W-I-L
03-28-2005, 04:39 PM
man that hurts ... dark. could be great mate keep pushing it

Kragh
03-29-2005, 01:29 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6694/6694_1112106551_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6694/6694_1112106551_large.jpg)

what to say...hmmm....well, this is just to show, that I actually work on this image. Just trying to put some colors on the canvas, trying to get some shapes in there...havent done a final line for any forms, just not that much into this. Right now, I just throw colors at it, to see what happens. I promise, everything will be better, as this just looks...well, strange. Please dont crit on it hard. Everything will work out later...I guess. Really dont have any way to approach this, no real experience in drawing on computer. Only done one other piece, did that the wrong way. Detailed it too much, too fast. So trying a new way.

Thanks

Aethyrprime
03-29-2005, 02:08 PM
Very cool concepts. Well done. I like the motion in the sketches. Definantly looking forward to this. :) GL.

Kragh
03-29-2005, 07:43 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6694/6694_1112129018_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6694/6694_1112129018_large.jpg)

still working with a very rough drawing style. Still just to get some colors up there..think Im heading the right way, but feel free to crit and so..:)

Thanks

ElFuego
03-29-2005, 07:58 PM
Hell'o :)

Those wings look really good...the color (wing) is nice if you are planning to add some hellish fire on bottom of the pic and heavenly blue for top.

The folds on fabric look good also. Otherwise its too rough still so any critique about technique is irreleant. Hope you add all the elements to the colored pic so it will also have the "final" composition. But it's getting there, piece by piece, stroke by stroke :)

I went to see Constantine today to get some inspiration for the angels and it's a must see movie for reference... Production design was masterfully crafted but what else can you expect from THE design genius Naomi Shoban

ihamid
03-29-2005, 08:06 PM
hullo Kragh....the picture is coming up i have to say :) ....yeah step buy step the image is forming brilliantly.....hmmm maybe u can make the cloths a little bit semi-transparent..;) (cloths made out of clouds or smoke) ......well just a suggestion...:) ....anyway keep the brush strokes flying....:arteest: :arteest:

ace4016
03-29-2005, 09:38 PM
Nice start on the painting. Hope you find a technique that works best for you. I wish I could give as helpful critiques on your work as you have on mine, but I'm inexperienced in 2d; but I will try. Next time I paint in PS i have to use that dot area to keep the colors constant.

Kragh
03-30-2005, 09:55 AM
Hi there, thx for the replies. Itīs still very rough, as already told. The female will not look like a man when finished, thatīs for sure:)...also, her muscles are a little too defined, maybe also too big. Itīs just to have her anatomy in mind, while painting her. Iīll make her more of a female, later in the process. But thanks a lot for the nice words.

ElFuego: the wings will not get that much of light from hell, as shown here....I actually havent figured out how much theyīll recieve...the wings are just forms for now, no real speculations in color yet....but glad you like them anyway...:)

nebezial
03-30-2005, 10:58 AM
It is a great concept. fix the position of the guys ribcage, it looks detached from the spine, or change the angle of the line between those chest muscles. otherwise it is a great work and i look forward to seeing it finished:thumbsup:

Gunilla
03-31-2005, 02:29 PM
Hi Henrik! So this is where you're hiding this time, huh? ... heaven and hell, pretty cool idea - I like it. And looks like you have a good start with it - Good luck and I'll be back :wavey:

Aethyrprime
04-01-2005, 12:01 AM
Waiting for your next update...

GaeasHerald
04-01-2005, 02:00 AM
The colors are nice, the red light coming from hell gives the picture a lot of contrast. It will look even better when the rest of the picture is done. The anatomy of the guy in between is somewhat weird, but as you said, it's just a rough wip, so it'll probably be solved as you refine your painting.

Kragh
04-06-2005, 01:49 PM
Hi again

Sorry for not updating this. I havenīt painted on it for 1― week approx.
I really dont feel anything to this piece. I have no natural workflow, I have no believings in it.
So Iīll drop the idea.
Iīm changing the concept, donīt know what to make instead. Thanks for replies to this image.

I will try to come up with some other idea soon, and be back with an update. Hopefully in a short time...:)

Have fun out there...man, have no more inspiration cola, going out for a while...

ace4016
04-18-2005, 04:29 AM
Not back with that new concept huh. Hope your not too busy to complete this challenge too.

vampeta
04-19-2005, 06:20 AM
Sorry friend i missed your thread the whole time....:sad: shame on me:blush:

Your 2d painting skills a realy great (as your 3d are too)
I whish you the best in this challenge.

Keep on rocking :buttrock:
Alex

CGTalk Moderation
04-19-2005, 06:20 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.