PDA

View Full Version : Vegas - TV Out / External Monitor

kiri
03-26-2005, 01:42 AM
Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to use tv out in vegas for viewing video on a tv while editing?
The button "preview on external monitor" does not seem to allow for this without some additional hardware according to the help file, and just wondering if there is someway of doing it?
I know in premiere the video will display on a tv connected by tv out automatically, if the comp is set up for it..

thomaspecht
03-27-2005, 11:03 AM
normally you'd need a dedicated video board for doing this - i'm surprised to hear that premiere does not reuire one? i've worked with versions up to 6 and am quite sure that tv display did not work without the additional hardware that i had installed at the time. what version are you reffering to?

also, i'd assume that without a video board you'd connect your tv via the gfx card's video out? if so, is the quality acceptable at all? many gfx card's send their signal in rather lousy quality to tv and in the cases i know of it's not even possible to have monitor and tv output at the same time - let alone with different resolutions.

ngrava
04-19-2005, 05:38 AM
If you have a DV Camcorder all you have to do is put it between your computer and the monitor for it to work (from FireWire out to camera, from camera's analog out to monitor in). I usually use my camera's LCD to check things like aspect ratio and such.

CGTalk Moderation
04-19-2005, 05:38 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.