PDA

View Full Version : Update Patch for Vue 5 Infinite

richcz3
03-26-2005, 12:31 AM
There's an update on e-ons site.

It's a beta but it notes some fixes of possible interest.

Improved Billboards lighting.
Fixed the Waves.py python script.
(Windows only) Added the ability to shutdown computer at the end of a batch process.
Fixed Pro Studio upgrades related problems.
Fixed ignored camera post processing when rendering to disk.
Improved texture anti-aliasing over Billboards, Platns and EcoSystems.
Improved Poser objects manipulation.
Improved Extra Plants support.
Improved rendering of invisible volumetric materials applied on meshes.
Improved memory management when removing EcoSystem specimen.
Removed unexpected message when cancelling Render Settings file loading.
Windows: Fixed bad names when importing Poser objects.
MacOS: Fixed ignored single frame option when importing a Poser figure.
Improved baking of boolean objects.
Fixed a terrain rendering error.
Improved reading of Vue 4 scenes containing Poser figures.
Other minor interface fixes and improvements.
>Get Patch Here< (http://www.e-onsoftware.com/Download/Updates.php)

There is also a Collections Patch updater that fixes some bad content in specific content directories.

Bob Gerber
03-26-2005, 12:16 PM
Thanks.

Now is there a patch that gets my order delivered to me? :bounce:

DorisDay
04-08-2005, 10:45 AM
Cheers bud :thumbsup:

richcz3
04-08-2005, 05:03 PM
This is the second >beta< update patch.
Update 276016
There is also an Synchronization update for various 3D apps near the bottom.
Infinite Synchro Plugins.zip

DorisDay
04-14-2005, 07:28 AM
2 patches so soon, it's only been out for 6 weeks.............................:sad:

Dale B
04-14-2005, 12:46 PM
Actually, that is one of the positive things about E-on. The vast bulk of their user base don't have workstation standardized systems; most are whitebox, and the chances of catching all the issues in beta is non-existant. So they listen very carefully to the bug reports and issue patches frequently to deal with issues as they arise. If you have a replicable bug let them know, and it will be in a future service release. I think there were at least 15 SR's for Vue4Pro. And they aren't additive; the latest official build has all the previous bugfixes included.

Mike.H
04-14-2005, 01:09 PM
yep i think thats the biggest strenght of e.on there´s no bugg free software out there, there are always things that could be improved upon, bugg´s or features and unlike alot of other companies, e.on do just that, listen to what we the user has to say and acts on it, not on everything of course but im glad they keep their software up to date as often as they do, it´s a big advantage for us end users not something to complain about :)

JJ54
04-15-2005, 02:31 AM
I think frequent updates are better than waiting for a major "super patch". I've taught programming - You fix it as the bug is found. I appreciate the frequent fixes.

DorisDay
04-15-2005, 07:23 AM
Yeah I suppose you guys have a point, at least E-on seem pro-active......................

jello3d
04-15-2005, 09:48 PM
And there is yet another patch today... 276163. Unfortunately, I have stiiiilllll not received my package, it's been 2 weeks. I hate software that isn't web distributable, even a trial version would entertain me during the vast wait. If they think this prevents pirating... they are sorely mistaken... all it does is irritate their real customers... i.e. ME.

I'm modern... I need instant gratification!

Dale B
04-16-2005, 10:37 AM
Actually, E-on has one of the better anti-warez schemes going. During installation, you get a final stabilization pass that reads files hidden on the disk. You can rip the CD, but unless you know exactly where to look and have the software to do track offset reading (and I have a suspiscion that the location varies between copies), you miss those few files. The warez kiddies find that out when they download a copy of Vue and find that even moving the mouse can cause a CTD with a memory error. And having to register with your product code (not the installation code; Vue generates a second number on the splash screen that you have to register with E-on) before you can access the actual download seems to make it that much harder....or at least easier for them to spot the ripped copies and lock out the serial numbers, and prevent a patch from inadvertantly stablilizing a rip.

The only bugaboo you have to worry about with this scheme is you media reader; there are some CD\CD-DVD combo drives that won't install a stable Vue no matter what you do. Something in the firmware just doesn't cooperate (it seems more prevalent on the 'Uncle Kim Specials', but I've had trouble with both Sony and TDK drives before), or the buffer is weak. Having a second drive handy just in case is usually a good thing. :banghead:

Just In Case.... :)

Mike.H
04-16-2005, 03:45 PM
yep thats true dale e.on has an excellent anti warez setup, but i so wish they would release v5 as a download aswell, im just like jello when it comes to that, if im buying something i want to play with it in 5 minutes after buying it :) so sure the stuff e.on sends me gets here in a few days but i want it right away :) and that woudnt inflict negatively on the anti pirate protection scheme e.on is using.

Hopefully once v6e/i is out e.on will have adopted to a more modern aproach and is offering downloadable delivery aswell.

veng3nce
02-26-2006, 09:19 PM
can some1 add me to msn and send me the patch ... my registration is haveing problems ... ive spoken to them they said there is nothing they can do ... plz thanks guys bizzare69uk2002@hotmail.com

mdunakin
02-27-2006, 01:09 AM
I have to toss in my two cents and say that I also agree that e-on's fairly constant
free updated patches and the way they listen to people, is a very good sign to me,
EVEN with all the problems I went through with my licence transfer.
Which ended up being a comunication issue and once that
was resolved, things went smoothly and quickly.
But overall and over time, I can see they really try their
best to keep in touch with the customer base and follow through.

Thanx for the update!
It's very much appreciated.............md :)

CGTalk Moderation
02-27-2006, 01:09 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.