PDA

View Full Version : Master and Servant 2D Entry: Marta Dahlig

Pages : [1] 2

BlacKeri
03-25-2005, 10:44 PM
Marta Dahlig has entered the Master and Servant 2D.

Challenge Page (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/masterandservant/view_entries.php?challenger=6627)

Latest Update: Final Image: Absolute
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6627/6627_1116375648_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6627/6627_1116375648_large.jpg)

Absolute - a divine spark of inspiration
Absolute - beyond human control
Absolute - complete, infinite and unconditional

Embraced by Ars, the Artist turns into stone and becomes Ars himself, melting with Her into Unity. Or, maybe, Her touch brings the petrified Artist to life, since he cannot achieve full humanity without Her blessing.
Ars, subtle as She is, has a power over the artist, who is helpless and dependant, although rewarded with a laurel wreath. In his suffering he knows that the golden crown is a burden. As much as he would like to break free, he is not able to escape from this slavery. Alone, he cannot exist, so his soul is riven between pain and happiness, protest and devotion. Only united with Ars he can come to the complete and perfect entity - Absolute.

So... that's it :)
At the end, once again, I would like to express my gratitude to everyone for their feedback and support given me throughout the painting process. It has been a truly wonderful experience :)
Thank you and good luck to everyone in the Challenge!

PS. : Ars is latin for Art of course. :P

BlacKeri
03-25-2005, 11:05 PM
Theme for my entry:

ART AND ARTIST
Being an artist means having a special sort of sensitivity in yourself... Therefore you cannot really break free or stop being one, you simply are and always will be.

Art - Sometimes it lights a spark inside of you, yet sometimes it's almost destructive.
You are frustrated when you cannot get something done, yet you cannot fully let it go, give up on it and forget... Just like it would have some sort of power over you.
But isn't it worth to live for that inspiration to light you up from the inside and fill your mind with millions of ideas? :)

Some ideas:

The Muse -
* portraited as some sort of a beautiful, ethearal spirit (female)
* accompanied by all sorts of "inspirational" elements, like butterflies, birds, feathers whatnot
* I will probably show only her upper torso, while the lower part of the body will be "made out" of the elements listed above
* she will have her palm over the artist's head in a kind of an "owning" manner
* will be looking proud and mysterious

The artist
* will be male
* I definitely want to show a "tight" relation, a sort of bound between him and the Muse...
The sort of "he wants to let her go but cannot", being under her control kind of relationship

No other ideas for the actual artist... I need to think more of it soon :|

marcheen
03-26-2005, 10:31 AM
witaj! nice to see you here and good luck!!

BlacKeri
03-26-2005, 11:06 AM
Aw thank you! :D

I will nt be able to sketch until next week, so I at least did a little brainstorming. Here is some ideas:

The scene:
* They will be on top of a mountain with everything below them visible (the hills, valleys and whatnot), some humongous, "royal" looking clouds as well etc -> it'll allow some lighting effects

more about the artist:
* he will be naked, probably wearing some cloth over his waist

the pose:
* I was thinking to make the artist kneel down with his arms spread to the sides or tilted a bit to the back in the kind of "trying to break free" styled pose.
* The Art Spirit will be touching him in a way, perhaps maybe his hands.. I want to make a part of her clothing become the artist...
OR somehow show that the artist is, in a way, *creating the spirit* and yet is under it's control.

I definitely need to work more on the poses and the way to show the bound between the art and artist. :(

I would definitely appreciate some opinions :)

marcheen
03-26-2005, 11:24 AM
i think that showing the artist "creating the spirit" would picture your point clearly so i guess i would stick to this idea. but its your vision;) i can't say more untill i see the sketch but remembering your previous artworks i'm sure it will look really nice

ElFuego
03-26-2005, 11:27 AM
hehe, nice idea... :) It sure is hard to draw inspiration as a servant to the art ;) I have to learn how to master it :>

Good luck with your work and hoping to see some cool sketches soon! I subscribe this one for sure :)

omengeorge
03-26-2005, 12:12 PM
when i first read your concept writeup i was like hmm sounds boring, but as i read on, you muse and artist symbient relationship...cool ..seems like a really good visualising shop recides in thy brain central..:D
looking forward to the work,
love,
Vinesh

punklover
03-26-2005, 03:12 PM
very interesting idea ! i'm impatient to see it taking form :)

Wysiwyg
03-26-2005, 06:12 PM
Hey BK!

I'm about to enter this contest myself...my concept is still being fleshed out so I should hope to have a sketch up this week..

I was just dropping by to say good luck!

BlacKeri
03-27-2005, 06:38 PM
marcheen: thank you!! :D

ElFuego: thank you, I will start sketching soem details next week, when I am finally done with my other project.. It is so frustrating really, I wish I could start already, but I have so muc other work:(

omengeorge: hehe, well I guess that the secret of each work lies in the concept of picturing, I just hope I will make it look similar to what I have in my mind >_<

Wysiwyg: Brett! How nice to see you here! Good luck with the contest! I'm sure you'll come up with something nice :D

and for updates of the ideas:
I have it somewhat cleared now:

The pose: The artist, a naked male in his twenties will be sitting on the ground, kind of bent forward with his back forming a sort of arch (can't explain it well :() and with his arms spread forward as well, his head probably facing the ground (so the head isn't directly visible because of the arms)... I will probably place him to the left of the scene :)

On the right, there will be the female spirit.. She will be floating in the air, bending a bit in the artist's direction but with that "proud" (yet kind) look on her face...
One of her arms will also be turned into the artist's direction.. their hands will touch in the kind of Michelangelo's "The creation of Man" way.

The scene, as mentioned before, will definitely be set on top of a mountain, with little rock) and lots of clouds visible :)

*sigh* Now i need to finish my other project and start sketching this one out... Good luck to everyone!!!

offbeatworlds
03-30-2005, 06:42 PM
Definitely liking the ideas here. I'm sure this is going to have great meaning for many artists around here, and I can't wait to see the beginnings of the piece. Lovely concepts so far!

TMArtist
03-31-2005, 04:53 PM
Great concept you have here. A piece of artwork is only as good as its foundation, part of which is a good story. You have a good story. look forward to seeing your work as it progresses. Best of luck in your efforts.

Regards,
TMArtist

Zephyri
03-31-2005, 05:23 PM
Oh man, first Enayla, now Blackeri... this is such a high quality challenge, I feel like a kid with crayolas ;) . I really can't wait to see what you come up with, and with such a promising concept, and one that just about everyone on this site could relate to, I'm sure you'll knock our socks off. And as someone who has just admired your finished pieces, it will be wonderful to see how your art progresses start to finish.

BlacKeri
03-31-2005, 05:35 PM
Sylanya, TMArtist, Zephyri: thanks so much! :D
I am still working on the idea and I will be able to start sketching tomorrow so I am so so excited I have to admit!
I have never really "saved" any progress of my artworks so this will be a totally new experience for me which I am really excited about!

Also I wanted to mention a small idea update for the scene:
The clouds in the background will be partially forming some shapes, barely visible, for example dragons, shapes of human bodies etc etc, symbolising all of the "images" an artist sees in his mind when inspired :D

SideAche
03-31-2005, 05:35 PM
Best wishes. Concept has a visual intrigue that I'm looking forward to.

ElFuego
03-31-2005, 05:59 PM
Good addons to the concept, BUT where are those cool pics you promised?! :) (slap me if I'm placing too much pressure on you) :)
believe me I understand that there is only 24hours per day so it's hard to do 2 projects at the same time.
It's happened to me many times :)

Remember to sleep much and eat healthy food (<- thats the best advise/tip you can find here :D )

omengeorge
04-01-2005, 06:25 AM
caramba.! :D I keep checking here for your update, as your concept is so tight.. Love wahts playin on my brains vision about your concept..and wanna see what you come up with..

psst.. just dont throw any shoes my side for being impatient to see your sketch.. and if you do..ne heels pls..:D. I know this concept of yours is a majorly tough one, and will take almost all of the timne needed...giving you a thumbs up for taking it on,
love,
Vinesh

Velinov
04-02-2005, 09:53 AM
Hi my dear. :) Nice to se you in this challange. I'm wishing you goood luck with your entry. :thumbsup:

Cheers

http://farfolina.pochta.ru/death.jpg (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=221933)

BlacKeri
04-10-2005, 11:11 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6627/6627_1113174675_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6627/6627_1113174675_large.jpg)

Okay so I *finally* am able to work on this image, the urge to start was eating me alive.
Anyway, this is a very quick and messy sketch but it generally shows the idea I had in my mind.
I'm kind of satisfied with the concept of the Art Spirit, but I will be working more on the Artist (I will be surely changing his face and his legs grr!), as well as fixing all of the anatomy issues etc, so the lineart will be looking okay proportion-wise.

As for the theme ideas...
The artist is being turned into a sculpture starting at his legs, but also from the point where the Art Spirit touches him. This way I wanted to show an "act of creation" (sculpture) as well as sculpture symbolising something solid and longlasting - turning the artist - through his achievments - into "history".
In a way though, this "act" is not really fully in his control, as the Spirit "haunts" him and holds him tight (maybe he tried to "run away"?) and "crowns" him with a bleeding laurel (I hope I got the word right :P).. This, to me, is a metaphor for the unbreakable bind between the Artist and Art, which sometime might be as rewarding as it might be destructive:)
Okay, enough of the "translation", I will leave the rest up to you :)
With the cloud-holding, I was inspired by one artwork of B.Vallejo, but it was used in a *totally* different way and context :)

Next step: working more on the anatomy, specific character design as well as fully deciding on the color scheme! :)

BlacKeri
04-12-2005, 07:32 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6627/6627_1113334369_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6627/6627_1113334369_large.jpg)

The first sketch didn't really satisfy me, so I started another one, which I am much more happy about.
I like the poses finally. I started to move the sketch too fast forward on the faces (I always do faces first) so I had to stop myself in time :P
I will definitely be working more on the anatomy and the Artist's face (I'm just not satisfied with it), but I am definitely sticking to this concept. :)

So next I will be fixing the anatomy, defining the muscle structure and working a bit on the line art milestone :)

PS. the legs are lighter on purpose, as they will be made out of stone :D

NOOB!
04-12-2005, 07:55 PM
looks prettyful!

grf
04-12-2005, 08:23 PM
I'm liking this composition a lot better. Flows better. I'm excited to see where you take it! :buttrock:

BlacKeri
04-12-2005, 08:25 PM
NOOB!: thank you :D
R Frederickson: thanks, I'm glad to hear :D When I look at the old concept now, it looks so silly to me :[ Oh well, gotta work more! :D

oneka
04-12-2005, 08:32 PM
The elegance in a picture. It´s great!!

marcheen
04-12-2005, 08:34 PM
this is looking good, nice sketches;)

Korline
04-12-2005, 08:46 PM
this is awesome, love the colors and the whole thing, I'm just speechless
powodzenia
:love:

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=224972

frak3
04-12-2005, 08:46 PM
I really like that second image. And it is such a good concept, it hit's close to home...wish I thought of it. Looking forward to seeing this develop.

Good job!

regarded warrior
04-12-2005, 08:48 PM
i like the posing

spacesnail
04-12-2005, 08:48 PM
This last sketch is very nice. Great hair movement and posing:applause:
Quote : ...I will nt be able to sketch until next week... Is it possible for an artist ?:argh:

Ah... You've subscribed. :8-):

fooxoo
04-12-2005, 08:50 PM
Good luck BK, cant wait to see the final result! I like the current composition, the movement is eyecatching. She is beautiful. I am subscribing to the thread!

BlacKeri
04-12-2005, 08:52 PM
oneka: thanks so much, I wanted it to be rather simple and moderately detailed, also, I was striving for the elegant look, I hope I can underline it better in the coloring :)

marcheen: thanks! :D

Korline: thank youu, it really means a lot! :D

frak3: I'm realy glad you like the concept! :D

regarded warrior: thank you, I tried not to make it look too "posed", but I think I will need to work on it a bit more.. I'm satisfied with it for now though :D

artjunkie
04-12-2005, 08:54 PM
Very nice concept and I especially like the new pose for the characters. Their relationship seems much more intimate now. You have a great sense of light and movement in this one! Wow! Can't wait to see more updates!

Cheers!

BlacKeri
04-12-2005, 09:01 PM
spacesnail: thanks so much, it really means a lot to me :D haha, and about the quote: Besides the humongous amount of other work, I was busy with a previous project of mine, I just hate living things unfinished :P So I was in fact sketching, but something else hehe :)

fooxoo: Aww thank you! :D <3 <3 <3

artjunkie: Thank you, the intimacy was exactly what I wanted to achieve... I will be workingo n the facial expressions more, so there is also a sort of "passion" between them... :)

Morgy
04-12-2005, 09:31 PM
Well, the artist dosn't look like an artist. It looks more like an artist's model. And because of this and his nudity it seems to me that the muse is kind of sucubus and seducing him.:shrug:

BlacKeri
04-12-2005, 09:44 PM
Morgy: thanks for the crit :) Actually it's not visible in this messy sketch but the Spirit places a Golden Laurel on the Artist's head, which is a clue "who is who" :D

M477
04-12-2005, 10:39 PM
Hey first impressions:

The movement is really dynamic and her hair looks great. Painting aside - looks great btw, I think she would look even better if she was sweeping around the male character covering his dignity that way?

just a thought though :)

Looks very good so far :arteest:

TheFirstAngel
04-12-2005, 11:29 PM
ugh.. working on a very simular work in 3d... just found your work:argh: . Aside from that, your way to approach is simply beautifull! Looking forward to your progress, best luck and have loadsa fun, keep it up!... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Slav
04-12-2005, 11:33 PM
.... one word. Michelangelo.

the pose (out of the bias that that particular artist is my fav) is just awe inspiring. i cannot say more. the struggle between art and artist has always been there and its like a crippling cycle of frustration and inability to let go. we all dwell on things we cannot drift past so i guess this would be the ultimate tribute.

thumbs up from me. i will be keeping a close eye on this work for its a wonder and a matter of interest you peaked in me with which direction you are going to take on this image.

cha0t1c1
04-13-2005, 01:14 AM
Wow, that looks great, even in this early stage...more more
p.s. The head of the man is a little weird(shape wise)...

creativer
04-13-2005, 02:13 AM
Wow beautiful work! Can't wait to see more!

W-I-L
04-13-2005, 02:46 PM
idea is very original BlacKeri. te pose and composition is good. i really like the way you are using light and the whole feeling of it.. ncie stuff.. more please!

jadecilcleton
04-13-2005, 03:24 PM
pretty cool the ritm of the hair! :- D

arkinet
04-13-2005, 03:27 PM
i like the free flowing hair too, & the glowing color... one thing im not sure of, but i guess the guy's right hand is a little bit stiff, but of course its too early to tell & m not sure whats in your mind on that. Overall, great job!

walrus
04-13-2005, 03:45 PM
This is looking good! Really beautiful colors all over. I really like the stylized way her hair flows around: Are you going to keep that somewhat graphical looking or are you going to render it more realistically? (I hope the former, but it will look good either way.) Good luck with it!

-mike

BlacKeri
04-13-2005, 04:13 PM
M477: thanks a lot! I will try to use the idea and check it out! :D

the1st_angel: oh my GOD, I just checked you out (I didn't go into the 3d section of the entries yet) - hell that IS similar O_O; Haha the best is, I thought of making the "Michelangelo" touching-pose as well (I mentioned this idea in some post) ;D
thank god I actually changed my idea (the pic was getting too wide:(), because THAT would be similar O_O; Maybe we are thought-connected siamese twins XD Btw, your renders rock :o

Slav: thank you SO much :) I want to give this piece a sort of classical style feel :) And the interpretation is 100% how I feel this piece, that's also why I treat it pretty personally... :)

cha0t1c1: The head was a quick quick job and I really dislike it, so I'll change it fully soon ^^

creativer: thank you! :D

W!L: Thanks a lot, I'll try to keep the thread updated as often as possible! :D

jadecilcleton: Thanks :>

arkinet: I want to make the muscles stiffened in the right hand on purpose, the hand forming a "claw", but I will be changing the arm and forearm positioning a bit so it looks more natural :)

walrus: Somewhere in between I think... I really want to push this piece forward in detailing and technique in comparison to what I have done before, but I am aiming for a realistc PAINTY effect :P We'll see where it takes me :D

Korline
04-14-2005, 08:49 PM
wow I can speak again,
I really like the concept, like how she's coming up from nowhere, and then wraps herself around him
and the colors make it so light, it's like you can not see it but you know is there somewhere in the air
don't quite understand why you want his legs be made out of stone, that could make him kind of nail to the ground
instead of being enlightened by the art :)

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=224972

BlacKeri
04-14-2005, 11:33 PM
Korline: thanks for the comment! :D Explaining my idea: About the turning into stone, I see it as a metaphor of creating something "touchable", "art not as an *idea*(Spirit), but in it's solid form". Artist's pretty much always put themselves, their full heart into their creation and this is my little twisted way of showing this :P
Also explaining this further: through their ("solid") works, artists become history, legends. That is why he is turning into stone - even though the Artist will die one day, he will still be present through his works in the next centuries:D

*sigh* I won't be able to update until next week, I'm leeving for the weekend! *sobs*

Zephyri
04-14-2005, 11:58 PM
ah, visulas to the idea, and what visuals! As always, your work never fails to impress. The second concept is stunning, and really sums up how entwined the idea of art and the artist are. The stoen legs and hands are a great idea too, it can be a physical representation of the artist becoming what he creates, in a sense, but to me, it's also a deeper metaphor for how restricting working for your own muse can be, to have her dance through your thoughts and provide all these perfect images, which you then become embroiled in trying to create so that you are happy with them. Very thought provoking. And your pallette. Wow. I could learn so much! Can't wait for the next update.

TheFirstAngel
04-15-2005, 12:09 AM
Maybe we are connected, who knows? Either way, to see such a great piece as yours is, aat least i makes me convinced the thoughts have ha huge potential and i love the way you bring it to life! looking forward to your next update! And thanks a lot for your compliments, much aprreciated!!! keep it up Keri!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

eYadNesS
04-15-2005, 09:55 AM
nice color tones, good luck :)

calisto-lynn
04-15-2005, 11:40 AM
aaaw.. it's soo beautiful and sooo sensual and pure..it makes me frustrated.. :cry:
i sooo love it!!

grafik
04-18-2005, 06:14 PM
Hi

ive seen your works before at gfx... I really dig your style a lot!!!
this one is lookin very good, im curious to see more, good luck to u!

my MASTER & SLAVE:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?p=2138465 (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?p=2138465)

gorvien1
04-20-2005, 01:55 AM
I really like your initial concept on this and your thought process. I think your composition is looking very good. Can't wait to see more! :thumbsup:

snowkiwi
04-21-2005, 02:14 PM
Handsome guy.

E.T
04-21-2005, 02:17 PM
Yes this one is much better, not as "posed".

I like the lighting a lot!

Vectorius
04-21-2005, 03:07 PM
hello Marta!! good to see a Polish person..:) ..also...It's a good picture and the colors are beautiful:thumbsup: ...I 've nothing to saying yet..i'll come back see the background evolution..keep going on this way and good luck!

BlacKeri
04-21-2005, 10:22 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6627/6627_1114122170_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6627/6627_1114122170_large.jpg)

*yawn*
Okay, I finally had time to *really* start working on the entry.
I have been doing a LOT of character sketches for the Art personification, yet none seemed right to me. Some seemed emotionless, some just plain boring(2 examples on the right). So after a few days of frustration, I did the one you can see on the left, and decided to stay with it.
It doesn't have some features I intend to depict in the final version, but it still shows the general "idea". :D

From now on I will be updating this thread a LOT more often - currently working on the artist concept as well as lineart :]

BlacKeri
04-21-2005, 10:28 PM
Zepyhri: thank you for the most awesome interpretation ^_^
the1st_angel: thank you <3
eYadNesS: thanks!
calisto: <3 thank yous :>
grafik: hey, thank you! :D
gorvien1: thanks, I just hope I will manage to show what I really mean in this pic :/
snowkiwi: He still needs soooo much work XD
E.T: thank you! In the lineart I will be fixing some minor things in the pose as well, so it looks more natural still :)
Fiolka Alexandre: Thank you!!! The background already has some slight color changes, but I will show it in the next update, once I figure some stuff out.

*yawn* I'm going to bed now, gonna start workin' on this more tomorrow afternoon :)

GhostInTheMachine
04-21-2005, 10:30 PM
its looking really good. the face on the left is verging on excellent. definitely worth a bookmark! gl :)

anilduran
04-22-2005, 12:23 AM
I like your consept and painting so much.... keep it up..... I ll wait your next update....

Nehym
04-22-2005, 03:11 AM
Absolutly great concept, i really like it and the symbolism of the turning into a statue etc. The color scheme too, pale/soft and almost glowing.. i think it fits the concept very well. :)

I'll be looking forward your next updates and watching your thread. ;)

cha0t1c1
04-22-2005, 03:20 AM
wow marta an update ;) : the one on the left looks great, but maybe more eyebrow emotion(although I'm only blabbering, it's just a thaught)... I really am happy you updated with multiple expressions it shows your talent...

BlacKeri
04-22-2005, 04:54 AM
GhostInTheMachine: thank you!! I will be working on the technical side of the face soon :D

anil6tr: thanks <3

Lilie: hehe thank yous, I'm trying! :P

cha0t1c1: thanks for the suggestion, I will try the eyebrow trick, maybe it will add more of the feel I'm looking for! Thanks a lot!

Slav
04-22-2005, 05:30 AM
:wip: :wip: :wip:

MORE!

BaronImpossible
04-22-2005, 12:02 PM
Really nice character sketches. The mouth is a little skewed on the one to the left, but other than that they're great.

nebezial
04-22-2005, 12:09 PM
yup i agree , the last one is the winner, just her forehead seems a bit pulled in, maybe im wrong, still awesome skills:thumbsup:

BlacKeri
04-22-2005, 10:19 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6627/6627_1114208385_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6627/6627_1114208385_large.jpg)

Okay so I am submitting a very very quick artist concept sketch. Nothing special yet, but I just tholught to share it!
As you can see, I decided to tilt the head in a different way than it was in the general concept... I find it more appropriate this way. :]

Okay so now off to wok on the line art!

BlacKeri
04-22-2005, 10:21 PM
Slav: I'm trying I'm trying I swear! X3 I am seriously getting worried about the deadline though :/

Baron Impossible: wow, thanks, it means a lot! I will work on the mouth more :)

nebezial: thank you, I will be working on the forehead more as well! :)

umbrellasky
04-23-2005, 07:55 AM
Looks great so far, really interesting idea :D I can't wait to see this one finished, it's gonna be fantastic Im sure.

cha0t1c1
04-24-2005, 05:54 AM
ur man might need a little more manliness, facial hair tracks probably? anyway it's too early to crit, but not too early to compliment...beautifull work :)

BlacKeri
04-24-2005, 08:48 PM
enialadam: aww thank you! :> I'm trying my best but I unfortunately don't have as much time to spend on this piece as I would want to:(

cha0t1c1: Hehe thanks for the crit! I will try to make him more manly then :) I don't want him to be TOO manly though, but for now I have to agree he needs something more :)

3dRaven
04-24-2005, 09:58 PM
Realy nice progress I'll be keeping an eye on your thread ;)

Have you tried painting out some of his hair from the last update...maybe make it a bit shorter?

Nehym
04-24-2005, 10:23 PM
Nice artist concept! :D Though i would say that he maybe not need to be more manly in the way that he looks too feminine right now but more in the mature way. He looks almost boyish in this, needs to look a little more mature i think... I'm really liking his features otherwise. :) Kind of reminds me of elvish features in a way, strangely..:shrug:It's probably that feeling of youth and somewhat innocence he has...

Okay ramble ramble, not sure if i'm too confusing or not.. :s

cha0t1c1
04-24-2005, 10:25 PM
Nice artist concept! :D Though i would say that he maybe not need to be more manly in the way that he looks too feminine right now but more in the mature way. He looks almost boyish in this, needs to look a little more mature i think... I'm really liking his features otherwise. :) Kind of reminds me of elvish features in a way, strangely..:shrug:It's probably that feeling of youth and somewhat innocence he has...

Okay ramble ramble, not sure if i'm too confusing or not.. :s

I agree completely, I meant more mature...thnx Lilie for clarifying :D

Shaidar
04-25-2005, 12:11 AM
The face has nice subtle emotion to it. Good work!

BlacKeri
04-25-2005, 04:35 AM
Thanks for the crits guys, I will definitely try to make him look older then :D I am currently poking the lineart, but once I'm done I will try to shade his face further :)

3dRaven: for now I am definitely sticking with the longish hair :)

vilius
04-25-2005, 12:21 PM
beautiful composition, and i love deep expresions of the characters:)

fooxoo
04-25-2005, 06:36 PM
The guy has the sexiest lips! I really love the concept, I bet it is going to be very beautiful and sensual, cant really give any advice at the moment as I d like to see a bit more of the painting. Thumbs up and good luck :D

snowkiwi
04-25-2005, 06:43 PM
Very handsome guy. His aesthetics are very good.

pushav
04-25-2005, 06:51 PM
Wow amazing faces. I wish that I could do that.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I shall return for more.

xric7
04-28-2005, 09:25 AM
very beautiful pieces.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
i realy love your composition and style.
and your excellent paintiing style.
will keep my eyes for ur next.

marcheen
04-28-2005, 10:07 AM
hi again! i like what i'm seeing so far. i also think that you should make him a bit older but you have already mentioned that you wi'll do so.
i have a small question- do you go to any art school? or you just learn this stuff on your own?

BlacKeri
04-28-2005, 10:32 AM
vilius: thank you :D

fooxoo: Thank you, I will be updating this thread really soon :D

snowkiwi: thanks :D

pushav: thanks, but I think I will be changing at least the spriti's face again, I'm just not satisfied with it ><

xric7: Omg thanks, I really appreciate your comment :D

marcheen: Yeah I will be changing the guy a bit as well as the spirit, so it's a tiny bit outdated already, I have to go back to work! ;_;
And for your question - I'm self-taught :) I did go to a "history of art" profiled class in highschool, but there was no practice there - only theory (very little of it actually)... it was some help though.:)

BlacKeri
05-01-2005, 07:00 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6627/6627_1114974032_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6627/6627_1114974032_large.jpg)

Hmm, the categories for milestones seem pretty strict, because when painting digitally I never draw the outlines :|
So this is as close to a lineart as I will *ever* get - instead of sketching the lines I have blocked out the main colors with a Simple Round brush and Fine Point ink tool in Painter.

Lots of things changed: I flipped the guys head, changed the spirits face (I am finally really satisfied with it), changed the Artist's body to a more interesting angle as well as tried to make the lightning more "dramatic". I think it looks better now :)

I can't decide though, whether to keep the wings of the Spirit or not... They would be shaded in the final version of course, and I like the way they fill the picture and give some space to add the details BUT I'm afraid of being too cliche and I don't want to make the Spirit look like an angel. Grrr.
So please please help! Should I keep them or take em out? :(

PS. Forgive the crappy jpg quality! *blames the 150kb limit*

cha0t1c1
05-01-2005, 07:05 PM
u can take out the wings, they don't affect it much, btw can you position the male's other hand another way, it just looks too stationary...I love your painting style...

sincerely and with utter amazement
Moe

BlacKeri
05-01-2005, 07:09 PM
chaot1c1: Thanks! As for the wings when submitting the lineart I was thinking of deleting the wings after all, and when I pressed stop it occured I already have submitted the picture heheh.
And well, I was already thinking of tilting the hand a bit to the right, making it further from the body so the pose is more interesting. Maybe make the Artist wield something. I need to think about it but I will be definitely changing it. Thank you once again!

am7
05-01-2005, 07:33 PM
First let me say what an awesome concept you've got here! Great style aswell, love to see you'r brushstrokes, and that it's not that "clean" rendered. I agree that you can loose the wings, but I think it would be nice if you'd make some long hair from the woman drop down around the same places as you've got her wings now. Perhaps try to make it in the flipped direction of the right wing, so that they oppose eachother if you know what I mean. :D

Keep it up!

BlacKeri
05-01-2005, 08:40 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6627/6627_1114980055_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6627/6627_1114980055_large.jpg)

Okay so here are some slight changes. Thank you chaot1c1!
I flipped the arms to fix the pose and deleted the wings.I think it looks a bit better now :)

Next step: Coloring: defining characters' faces better.

Squibbit
05-01-2005, 08:50 PM
nice, nice, but you painted me wrong,
you see, I got glasses and well, a
bit of a beer belly ..uhh.. that's really not me,
is it ?

:blush:

spacesnail
05-01-2005, 10:10 PM
nice, nice, but you painted me wrong,
you see, I got glasses and well, a
bit of a beer belly ..uhh.. that's really not me,
is it ?

:blush:

No no no Squib... it's me BlacKeri is painting, but she's forgotten my moustache... Lol

This is a lovely picture:love: Just about the man's left hand : what is he supposed to do ?
If he is the master, maybe could hold some kind of remote (antique statue, magical scroll, ...) ?

Cheers

Manu

RichTee
05-01-2005, 10:11 PM
yeah....excellent composition. great poses. I like the initial colour palette you have here.

I'd be tempted to lenghten his left arm a little, it seems to fall a little short, and It might be an idea to splay his fingers, or make his hand a clenched fist?

Its looking great mind. keep at it

demonicoz
05-02-2005, 12:43 AM
WOW, i love the idea, its so original. I love the whole feel about your piece, its so spiritual. I think the hair is simply magic. Cant wait to see the finished piece. Good luck!!

TheFirstAngel
05-02-2005, 12:48 AM
Keri, your piece os so awesome, love the brilliance and the intimate relation those 2 have. He's like a child to his goddess and she's breathtaking beautifull. keep it up keri! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

eclipson
05-02-2005, 01:31 AM
sweeett!, i love the lady's hair,nice flow,cool and lovely mood, yeah...:thumbsup:

BlacKeri
05-02-2005, 02:09 AM
Squibbit: i'm sorry but no X3

spacesnail: The guy is a slave. it will be more visible through some small details, which aren't that udnerlined in the lineart, but I'll get to em :> I was thinking he could hold an uhm.. lyre? The musical instrument thingy, symbol of art. I got "lyre" when checkingi n the dictionary XD
I'll think about it more though :D

bumphluff: Oh yes I see the flaw now, of course I will make his arm a bit longer, thanks for pointing it out! I'll try to work on the hand as well :>

demonicoz: thanks so much!! <3

the1st_angel: aw thank you ;_; that's exactly what I was aiming at!

eclipson: thank yous! :D

I am currently working on the Spirit's face. gonna go to bed now and I'll show what I got tomorrow mornin'. See you later guys and thank you one more time for the feedback! <3

JakubFromOz
05-02-2005, 06:04 AM
Ja jestem z australy to nie umie pysac po polsku ale prubuje :O
bardzo fajnie czy wyhodzy lubie wlosy giesczyny
ok enough of that :D really awsome expression on the faces are u planning anything for the background?

BlacKeri
05-02-2005, 08:58 AM
JakubFromOz: hehehe dziekuje XD Forthe background - only clouds. I don't want to make the picture *too* detailed. I want a classic feel :] I will be really working on those clouds though, so they are detailed and as realistic asI can draw em. :)

Vectorius
05-02-2005, 09:40 AM
That's looking very good!!:thumbsup: Your colors are very nice..and caracters are looking great!
I'm waiting for background evolution and i'll come back soon..

Good luck!:)

eparts
05-02-2005, 09:43 AM
this is looking good! lovely colors, dramatic and nice lines. their expressions are so honestly expressive :)

snowkiwi
05-02-2005, 10:20 PM
Very intriguing image.

walrus
05-02-2005, 10:29 PM
Hi! Just dropping in to say that this is looking great! No crits, no suggestions, aside from keeping working at it, which of course you're doing anyhow. Can't wait to see it finished... Good luck!

-mike

cheeeng
05-03-2005, 09:25 AM
No critique.Just plain beautiful work. Love how you execute her hair.Go go go

MDN67
05-03-2005, 09:58 AM
very emotional pic, i wait the suite of the colorization, good work

BlacKeri
05-03-2005, 10:04 AM
Fiolka Alexandre: thank you :> I will start working on the background in a short while :D

eparts: aww thank you... :)

snowkiwi: Hehe thanks, I'm currently trying to make it a bit more hmm.. "mystical"?

walrus: Aw thanks so much, It means a lot =)

cheeeng: Thanks! :D

MDN67: thank you, I hope you won't be disappointed when I finish :)

Metrini
05-03-2005, 02:05 PM
AH HA! I've found you!! So this is where you've been hiding out! Really good pose!!! This is shaping out really good!

cha0t1c1
05-04-2005, 05:56 AM
hey Blackeri: can I get ur opinion on my piece you really have an eye for emotional translations... :bounce:

vinegaria
05-04-2005, 06:44 PM
argh, i hate you :< it's looking too good.. lol, really, the composition, concept and colour scheme, they really stay there, you know?

can't wait to see the colours done.. i'd love to see some glitter in the bg, but that's just me.. i mean - if these are going to be clouds they could be a bit sparkling, especially close to the muse girl.. it's just an idea though..

*edit* damn typos..

Nigel-Q
05-04-2005, 07:39 PM
Hey Keri,

This is coming along really nicely. I haven't comented yet so i'll give you all my impressions...

First, it's such a great idea, the spirit of art/ creativity and a totured artist as slave is compelling and unique.
Your sketches and development work is cool to see and really shows your process, too. The look and feel, colours in particular, give it an almost melancholy yet inspired feel, which works really well with the concept.
The painting style is loving and the composition is well thought out and balanced, I love how the females hair whisps around and leads your eye, the bright white pops out nicely as well. The artist's pose is very telling of his emotional state, he looks tortured, inspired and frustrated all at the same time.

Great work overall, I'll be looking forward to see it all come together.

The only minor suggestion I have, and you may have already addressed this... is that the female figure's flow and composition is well formed in the foreground, but could maybe use some subtle rendering behind the artist to keep her a little more separate and avoid it looking like she's growing out of his shoulder.

I'll say it again, great work!

xric7
05-05-2005, 06:00 AM
hi blackeri.

this awesome!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
cheers:buttrock:

gu
05-05-2005, 01:36 PM
nice atmosphere you´ve created! very good painting

Lilya
05-05-2005, 02:12 PM
So beautiful...good luck to you

Squibbit
05-05-2005, 06:23 PM
No no no Squib... it's me BlacKeri is painting, but she's forgotten my moustache... Lol

hmm..o well, the hair's too short and I never was much into slavedom anyways :)

BlacKeri
05-06-2005, 07:08 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6627/6627_1115406478_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6627/6627_1115406478_large.jpg)

I have been so terribly busy that I haven't got enough time to really work on this image, but luckily this is changing now:)
I'm slowly starting to panic about the deadline and will try to provide (almost) daily updates.

Anyway, here's a first small update from the coloring WIP - the Spirit's face.
As you can see, it's not quite finished yet, but I'm getting there.
I will be blending the colors better and defining a few features better(especially to lips and ears). I also am thinking of adding some sparkly glitter in a few places as well.

Also, I would like to thank everyone *so much* for the wonderful feedback! You're the best guys <3

TheFirstAngel
05-06-2005, 07:12 PM
Flawless beautifull and definately on the rigth direction to a perfect piece. Love your classic and vey dynamic way of your most beautifull characters. keep on rocking Keri!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

T-lapia
05-06-2005, 07:29 PM
:buttrock: very beautiful. this is really awesome

BlacKeri
05-06-2005, 07:34 PM
Metrini: <3 <3 <3

cha0t1c1: sure! I'll check your stuff out in a second :D

vinegaria: thanks for the glitter suggestion, I think it's great! I'll try giving the clouds surrounding the spirit this effect :)

Nigel Q: thanks! I'll try fix the female figure so it looks right :)

xric7: thanks <3

Gus_clifton: thank you, I'm glad you like it :)

Lilya: Awww, thank you!
Squibbit: too short? you mean yours or my character's? :P

the1st_angel: My goodness, I don't know what to say... So I guess I'll go with the classic "thank you"... :)
T-lapia: Thanks! I hope I'll manage to actually finish the piece on time though x_x

3dRaven
05-06-2005, 07:37 PM
Great update Marta :) Have you thought about adding single white strands into her brows?

W-I-L
05-06-2005, 08:30 PM
wow.. looking really good.. wht program are u working in?

beelow
05-06-2005, 08:43 PM
Have the hand held naturally, you necessarily do not have to have something in the guys hand. Just at a person hand when they walk or when they stand. Go people watching one day. I do it all the time, just studying what they do. YOur decision, but looks great keep up the good work.:thumbsup:

cha0t1c1
05-06-2005, 08:45 PM
I'd have to say your painting style makes me want to kiss that spirit :shy:

keep goin' :thumbsup:

karaml
05-07-2005, 09:23 AM
can that guy be my slave? haha j/k ;) :D I really like your loose style, i hope that in the final cleanup you are able to keep that spontaneous energy to your work. I was going to suggest something that now I see has already been mentioned, to more clearly define and show the woman's body behind the man's, in a way that won't make the composition too cluttered. well i'll keep on checking back on this thread, good luck and keep up the great work!

BlacKeri
05-07-2005, 05:57 PM
Gregory: thank you :> And what a great idea, I'll definitely be applying it to the final coloring! i was treying to make her eyebrows white but it ended up looking plain silly so I think the single strands will give a feel I am looking for. Thank you!

Wil: Thanks! I am using Painter7 mainly uptil now, but I will be moving onto Photoshop right now for the further stages of coloring. I guess I will end up bouncing between the two programs though :P

Bryce: As for the guy;s hand, yeah I guess I'll just leave it be. I will make it form a "claw", like the msucles would be stiff etc (to show some inner struggle). I don't want it to be too cliche, like the artist wielding a brush or something, haha. As for "people watching", I do it every day when I travel by bus to my uni, it's so fun!

Mohanned: Hehe thanks! X3 I want to boost the quality of the spirit's face still, I hate seeing those technical flaws in it :|

konoatashi
05-07-2005, 06:37 PM
Hello,

i really love the heavy eyelashes on the spirit, I could see another one or so single lash on the side, but a bit shorter than the one you already have. The skin colors are nice too, but maybe a bit more (very) light blue around the corner of the eye would make her...more full. But then again she is a spirit soo...maybe another color? To make her seem more...spirity? It's really coming along great though :)

demonicoz
05-07-2005, 07:02 PM
This is turning into an absolutely stunning piece, its breathtakingly beautiful. The lady's face, hair everything is just delicious. Very graceful. Cant wait to see more, Keep going!

Check out mine and let me know what you think :
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=234420 (showthread.php?t=234420)

All feedback very appreciated!!

Squibbit
05-07-2005, 07:16 PM
Squibbit: too short? you mean yours or my character's? :P

why, the character, of course

btw, nice closeup on the lady there

3dRaven
05-07-2005, 07:37 PM
After looking at her brows I started to notice she looks a whole lot like your avatar :) Mirror painting?? :D

cha0t1c1
05-07-2005, 08:03 PM
thnx Marta for dropping by, It really helped...
thnx again :D

NinjaA55N
05-07-2005, 08:39 PM
wow! such a beuty realized in such a great technique. Very good piece! :)

AlyFell
05-07-2005, 09:39 PM
She looks lovely Marta! You paint faces beautifully! :) Great poses, with a really ethereal feel to it!

RichTee
05-07-2005, 11:51 PM
What an excellent close up, beautifully realised

I look forward to seeing this image come to its fruition, its looking great

Thumbs up :)

JRBRAZ
05-08-2005, 12:57 AM
Hi Marta. Nice paint. The feeling of the image is really great. :applause:

I´m anxios for more .. hehe :bounce:

Nehym
05-08-2005, 04:41 AM
I agree with PoshSpice, you do paint face beautifully and have a good way of subtly conveying the emotion. :)

Djampa
05-08-2005, 05:55 AM
Your are talented!
I like your concept, like the way you paint, and most important now:
Don't panic! Look at my own 2D entry... *lol* well... I SHOULD panic now not you.
When you see my enviorment line art you will laugh at me... it is 'hundreds' of details to paint.
You are almost there, take care on the subtle 'skin shadding', the subtle textures of skin...
Take care a lil bit bellow the eyes, not to make them too dark, it is a beauty work !
:thumbsup:
Keep going! You will make it !

Good luck, I will take an eye on it's progress ;)

SEL
05-08-2005, 09:49 AM
Very nice, i like your characters a lot! I hope you finish as this has great potential!

SEL

spacesnail
05-08-2005, 10:00 AM
Hello,
just a little word to say that my daughter (6 years old) is totally addict of your work !:love:

Keep going on

M477
05-08-2005, 11:07 AM
Yes yes yes, looks really good now, the movement is captured nicely. The face is very well painted - I'm sure you'll get it all finished, I have faith in you!

:wip:

Desert-of-Seth
05-09-2005, 07:00 PM
*claps* it's great to see you in CGtalk too! :)

Looks great so far! i have a question: is it a closeup or the actual image?

EDIT: What a stupid question i asked! XD it's a closeup...just keep the wonderful art coming! :)

TheMagnetic
05-10-2005, 10:27 AM
wonderful concept, wonderful painting, wonderful avatar!! I really like this. the colors that your using are very rich. youll find that alot of people ...I guess..abuse the color white. that is not so in this case. she is very beautiful. nniiiiiiiiice!!! I like!!

BlacKeri
05-10-2005, 08:48 PM
Jainai: thank you for the suggestion, I will try the blue thing, also I have already shortened the yelash a *tad* :) I'll try adding her som small glowy sparkles so she seems more surreal...

Usman: Thanks a lot! I'll check your piece in a second :)

Panu: Thanks :P The character's hair isn't that long I guess, seen longer hair on men so I wasn't sure :P

Gregory: My, I take it as a compliment :P Well I always have a mirror on my desk to check for features when I have problems painting, so I guess I sometimes give my features to the characters subconsciously :)

Mohanned: my pleasure! I'm glad I did! :>

Blaz: thanks! :D

Aly: My goodness, thank you, I don't know what to say *^^*

Richard: Thanks :)

Joao: thank you, I hope I won't dsaapoint you in the future :)

Amélie: Thank you! Btw, I know it's a bit silly but I have to say you got a lovely name ^^

Eduardo: Aww thanks so much <3 I'm getting ill now and I'm worried it will be a problem with comleting the piece... >_<

Shaun: Haha I hope so too, thank you!

Emmanuel: My goodness, I don't know what to say, I'm flattered :)

Matthew: THANKS! :D

Esra: hehe, no problem :) It's a 100% closeup of the face :P

Gabriel: thank you!! Avatar is nothing special, it's just a color manipped pic, I definitely should get something better for the future :(

BlacKeri
05-12-2005, 10:43 PM
I got myself my first Wacom tablet, an 6x8inch Intuos 3 :D
I was supposed to upload some coloring progress, but Painter crapped out on me, so I lost a few hours worth of work *sigh*, oh well, I'll get back to it tomorrow :/

3dRaven
05-12-2005, 10:53 PM
A Wacom's a good thing to have a ton better than a the mouse (who likes drawing with a brick?? :D )

Hope you have fun drawing with it :)

...I nearly scraped my whole pen tip on this challenge. Time to buy a refill

BlacKeri
05-12-2005, 10:56 PM
Oh that's so true, Gregory XD I have been working with some cheap ass crappy tablet before and I have to say that the difference blew me away. My goodness, this wacom is twice smaller than my previous tbalet, but it's so comfortable, sensitive and reliable Ahhhh! *loves her Intuos 3*

*sob* I failed to rescue the crashed file, so I will have to make up for the loss in the morning and update my thread then. Goodnight everyone :(

THECLYKE
05-12-2005, 10:58 PM
GREAT PROFILE...DID YOU USE PHOTO REFERENCE........

LINK TO MY M&S ENRTY THREAD
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=239415&page=3&pp=15
MY OUTDATED WEBSITE
http://www.freewebs.com/calvin_clyke_2004

Nehym
05-12-2005, 11:00 PM
I am sorry to hear about your crash Marta.. D: This is bad, it ever happened to me when i switched from Photoshop to Painter, the painting regressed to an older stage and i lost all of my inspiration/motivation for it...

But ah well, good to know that you got your first wacom. :) Wacom tablets are little treasures. Sure is a good thing to have one. Good luck to finish your entry in time!

P.S.: Well, thank you for the name compliment.:love:

THECLYKE
05-12-2005, 11:02 PM
I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY HANDS ON A TABLET....I COULD JUST DRAW AND DRAW.....AND DRAW.....THEN MASS EMAIL...EVERYTHING TO EVERY BUDDY IN THE WORLD....LOL

MOTO OF THE DAY......A BAD TABLET IS BETTER THEN NO TABLET AND IF I HAD A DIGITAL CAMERA A WOULD POST A PIC OF MY A HAND.....AL THAT RUBBING ON THE MOUSE IS CAUSE FOR CONCERN.......:wise:...LOL

THANKS FOR CHECKING OUT MY WORK

LINK TO MY M&S ENRTY THREAD
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=239415&page=3&pp=15
MY OUTDATED WEBSITE
http://www.freewebs.com/calvin_clyke_2004

BlacKeri
05-13-2005, 12:37 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6627/6627_1115987862_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6627/6627_1115987862_large.jpg)

I have been fighting with my illness to finish this image by the deadline but thankfully my brand new Intuos 3 is really helping me out :)
As for the progress stage description: I am working on many parts simultaneously, but none are done yet:
The spirit:
- Face is almost done, I will be showing the closeups later today.
- I decided the body will be transparent. It looks rather dull and bland for now, I know, but I wil fix it soon :)
- Detailing and defining the bodyparts further (argh the hands, the hands)
- Detailing the "alabaster cloth"
- Drawing the hair (at the end of the coloring stage)

The artist:
- Got the face somewhat done, a few features left + shading and detailing the hair
- Drawing the bleeding laurel circlet
- Defining the body, especially the stomach area and hands more
- Working on the alabaster texture, aaa!

There will also be some small "details" about the picture - like glows here and there, lights in the clouds, but this later. Right now I will try to finish the characters. Gwah, so much work, so little time! >_<

Also, I again wanted to thank everyone for the wonderful feedback and constructive crits, it's really helpful! :D

Vectorius
05-13-2005, 12:42 PM
That's begin to going to be AWESOME!!:thumbsup: ..Your style your style makes me think of a sculpture style..like Rodin...I mean bye the texture that you give with you way of work and by the caracters attitudes..Very good!!

Good luck and keep going on this way! marvelous.:scream:

xric7
05-13-2005, 12:55 PM
nice update.:thumbsup:
hope u finish in time.take care.

walrus
05-13-2005, 01:06 PM
This is looking terrific! You've obviously poured a lot of love and effort into the faces thus far, and it shows. Once the whole piece is that polished... Wow, look out! It's hard to offer a lot in the way of helpful crits as you've made it clear that there are a whole bunch of areas you still have yet to get to. However, just an observation about the man's left hand: I like the fingers all clenched up like that, but often, when one tenses the fingers like that, one sometimes also tenses (and bends) the wrist as well. To do that and keep the clean sillhouette, you might have to pull the arm out from the body a tad to make it work, but hey, at least it's digital! :-)
Anyhow, just something to think about.
Good luck with everything, as it's looking great either way, and hope you feel better and have time to finish it!

-mike

spacesnail
05-13-2005, 01:11 PM
Hello Martha

glad to see you're another proud owner of a wacom... but didn't want to wait for the judging results ? Lol
So stop speaking the tablet market. I really hope you finish in time
I especially the great movement you've set in your picture, the contrast between spirit and matter, ... Just one warning : the rules said there should be at least one 100% human being in the pic, although the statue-like style is a great idea :thumbsup:

Hope although you're not ill

Cheers

Manu

AlyFell
05-13-2005, 01:22 PM
You know what I said about you being really good at faces? Well you're pretty damn hot at everything else as well!! :)

3dRaven
05-13-2005, 02:14 PM
The spirit's brining him to life, not turning him into stone so I guess he'll be 100% human...well in time...guess you better ask the admins :shrug:

fooxoo
05-13-2005, 02:35 PM
Oh man, the guy is so hot! Love it! Good luck, I hope you manage to finish it!

THECLYKE
05-13-2005, 03:14 PM
WWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
I'M NOT WORTHY.....I AM NOT WOTHY

HERES A LINK TO MY M&S CREATION
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?postid=2276549#post2276549 (showthread.php?postid=2276549#post2276549)

THECLYKE
05-13-2005, 03:15 PM
I AM SSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOO NOT WORTHY

HERES A LINK TO MY M&S CREATION
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?postid=2276549#post2276549 (showthread.php?postid=2276549#post2276549)

THECLYKE
05-13-2005, 03:22 PM
POLAND ROCKS:buttrock:
ONE OF MY GOOD FRIENDS PAUL IS FROM POLAND...HE'S A 3D ARTIST

HERES A LINK TO HIS WEBSITE
http://www.exenet.ca/

Desert-of-Seth
05-13-2005, 03:24 PM
i forgot to wish you luck ^^;

GOOD LUCK IN THE CHALLENGE! *applause*

BlacKeri
05-13-2005, 03:35 PM
Amélie: About Photoshop and Painter: you know, I noticed that when I draw in Photoshop and open the PSD in Painter, Painter sometimes doesn't open some layer and it appears as if it wasn't even in the PSD. But then I close the file without saving and open it back in Photoshop and it IS there! Weird. Did you mean that? I'm so sorry you lost the motivation :/ And I agree about Wacoms!

Fiolka: My, I take it as a huge compliment! I tried to give the piece a classical feel. :D

Thitipon: thanks, I'll try :)

Michael: Thanks for pointing it out! I think you touched the issue I felt being "wrong" with the arm and I couldn't name it! Thanks a lot, I will definitely be working on the hand more!
Haha yeah and it's so marvelous about digital art that everything is so easily editable :D

Emmanuel: haha needed the Wacom now now now, because I didn't have anything to finish my entry with ;P Thanks for pointing the sculpture issue... Guys told me it's ok, besides the subject is human.. rock is a symbol... I can always erase the effect pretty quickly if I get an answer from the admin, but I'd rather not, I like the alabaster effect :P

Aly: THANK YOU <3 <3 <3 Your entry makes me weep, relly, I mean those details and colors and perspective and and and... *faints*

Gregory: I did :P I hope I will get a positive answer :)

Edite: I am gonna work really really hard so I think I will manage :D

Calvin: haha thank you X3; And yeah, Poland rocks! ;P Where did, in Poland, your friend live? :D

Esra: Thank you lots!

Miyagu
05-13-2005, 04:23 PM
hey this is looking great! and has so much emotion in it! i love his hand! hehe.. the rest is also "not bad" :D

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

*waiting for updates*

calisto-lynn
05-13-2005, 04:36 PM
awsome!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

RichTee
05-13-2005, 05:28 PM
I think the coposition of this piece is first class and i love the palette you have chosen. I think you've nailed the expressions on both characters.

I hate to labour on the point, but to me the mans left arm still looks a little short, i think its the upper arm which needs extended a little....i dunno...i keep scrolling down to the image but i can't quite put my finger on what's nagging me....ahhh, that really isn't much help is it? I'll come back to this image later on, maybe it'll strike me then :)

That said this is still excellent work, and I look forward to seeing piece come to its fruition...

Quality

oneka
05-13-2005, 06:08 PM
CONGRATULATIONS MARTA! THIS IS VERY GOOD!!
ONLY A THIN. I THINK THE MAN´S ARMS ARE A LITTLE SHORTS, żDON´T YOU THINK SO?
I EVER DRAW THE ARMS ( AND OVER ALL THE HANDS) A LTTLE BIGGER ´CAUSE THE CHARACTER WINS A STRONGER PERSONALITY.( O.K. THIS MAYBE A PERSONAL" PARANOIA")
SEE YOU!:applause:

oneka
05-13-2005, 06:13 PM
BUT THIS IS A REALLY, REALLY, REALLY GOOD WORK!:thumbsup:

Tranchefeux
05-13-2005, 08:14 PM
Hi BlacKeri, I like this painting, the colors, the characters controlled very well, now you should not sleep more before finishing, go, go.

:bounce:

3dRaven
05-13-2005, 08:24 PM
now you should not sleep more before finishing,

Let the girl have a beauty nap..no sleep can drive you nuts...besides the deadlines on wednesday....that's a lot of days..:D

Now on a more serious side...great work Marta :thumbsup: Let me know how the admins answer. I'd hate to see such a good piece being axed.....they just can't do it. Oh yeah and don't forget about shadowing in his adams apple :)

cha0t1c1
05-13-2005, 09:17 PM
looking great...hurry...

TheFirstAngel
05-14-2005, 07:40 AM
WOnderfull, love your work on this, just keep up the speed! go go go Marta!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Addiso
05-14-2005, 08:09 AM
I'm really looking forward to seeing this finished ! I hope you will keep it as fresh as it is now with really dynamic strokes and crisp,harmonic colors.

So many other entrys go for a polished Vallejo like style I'm really getting anyoyed with it.

Now I see a chance, for a Frans Hals or Velasquez ! :)

Vivid brushwork, but dead on form, and colors.

Tariq12
05-14-2005, 11:39 AM
Hey Marta, this is looking very cool. Can't wait to see this finished.
T.

BlacKeri
05-14-2005, 02:59 PM
Benita: thank you :)

Linda: thanks! :D

Richard: thank you, I'll work on the arms still and try to fix their proportions :) Thanks again for pointing it out!

Iván: Thanks, as said above, I'll look into that soon enough :]

Eric: Unfortunately I'm ill and need sleep, but I will have to consider forgetting about it and driking lots of coffee before 18th :P

Gregory: Hehe, Lots of days but loads of work, so I'll have to hurry. I don't wanna jinx it, but I think I will manage on time :)

Mohanned: I am! :P Thanks for stoppin by!

Sacha: I'll try, thanks a bunch :>

Attila: Some of the brushstrokes will naturally disappear, but I'll try to "unferline" the movement through the clouds as well. :)

Tariq: thanks! <3

BlacKeri
05-14-2005, 03:01 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6627/6627_1116082858_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6627/6627_1116082858_large.jpg)

Nothing too big, just two lil'close-ups from the current coloring stage to prove I indeed am working :P

Hope you like <3

cha0t1c1
05-14-2005, 03:23 PM
I love the stone texture, now just a bit more refinement....
go go go...

BlacKeri
05-14-2005, 03:43 PM
Thank you Mohanned, I'll be trying! :D

Desert-of-Seth
05-14-2005, 04:10 PM
:) :) great!! Is he made of stone,or is it just the lower part that is stone?

3dRaven
05-14-2005, 04:25 PM
Love the last update :thumbsup: He reminds me a bit of David Copperfield (when he still had long hair) ...some magic trick :)

The stone looks awsome too. You've got great style Marta :applause:

Belhaven
05-14-2005, 04:37 PM
its looking good. the wispy effect is really nice, glad you got an intuos 3. if i may add one suggestion, its that the edges of everything on the face seem way to sharp... to me, they dont integrate with each other very well. the eyes, lips, eyebrows, hair... all of them have edges that are way too sharp, to me anyway. im just a minority, but i think somehow painting it so the features lie in connection with each other instead of lying on TOP of each other will make a large difference. cant wait to see it done.

mushroomboy
05-14-2005, 05:17 PM
Nice depicting on the stone,good luck!

demonicoz
05-14-2005, 05:38 PM
Wow lookin really nice, love the facial expressions, they're delicious! Very graceful.
Keep it going, can't wait to see it finished!
Good Luck!

Check out mine and tell me what you think at :
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=234420

All feedback very much appreciated; thanks.

Nehym
05-14-2005, 09:51 PM
Gorgeous detail shots. I really like the features you gave to both of your characters and their expressions. And about the stone texture, as it was already said, it only needs a little more refinement, some more highlights in some places maybe, like polished marble? Did you plan on using some blue in the picture? I am not sure why but i think some very subtle or little touces of cerulean blue would look nice.. But it is not my piece, the choice is up to you, don,t want to bother you with this.

About Painter and Photoshop.. Thank for the tip about the layers sometime not showing up, but i fear it is not what happened to me... It litterally went back to an older version i saved maybe a week before, but i did work on it during that week and obviously saved too... I think it only got corrupted, some sort of bad luck i had..:shrug: Everything's okay now though, i,ve been working on some other things and it is all good (and i am saving so much versions of them that it is become a real mess to remember which was the good one. :D )

Anyway, take care Marta, and have fun working more on your entry! :)

BlacKeri
05-14-2005, 10:10 PM
Esra: thanks for the comment! He is becoming a statue from hips downwards (stomach will stay fleshy)

Gregory: Thanks a bunch, it really means a lot :)

Joon: Wow, thanks for the comment! I wil ltry to incorporate those into the pic, at least some parts I think should be blended it more. Thanks a lot for mentioning it. You got a lovely entry btw!

mushroomboy: thank you =)

Usman: thanks! And I'll look into your entry in a sec too :D

Amélie: I didn't plan on using actual blue, but bluish-greenish shades for the clouds on the bottom. I might experiment with colors later on though, when I got some more work done. Thank you for your suggestion!

Metrini
05-14-2005, 10:19 PM
I'VE missed so much!! Moving sucks I tell you!

BUT WOW!!! I think this is your best work to date. Composition and colors are great imo. I cant wait to see the finished product!! And congrats on the wacom you lucky ducky!

xric7
05-14-2005, 10:24 PM
nice details.
beautiful portraits.and stone is look so real.:thumbsup:
go go.time left not much!!:bounce:
take care.

Nehym
05-15-2005, 12:19 AM
Well i think the blueish-greenish color you are talking about would be enough, just to break the golden-beige overall scheme. :)

Cannot wait to see your next step. ;)

SunnySiu
05-15-2005, 11:44 PM
Beautiful imagery. Very dynamic movement with her hair. Can't wait to see your finished piece. Best wishes to you.

Tawneycocker
05-16-2005, 12:33 AM
When we speak of our art and indeed when the Greeks spoke of art They would refer to the Muses. They were of course female because of the chauvanistic patriarchical view of the time. Of course the only artists of the time (at least they thought so, were men) The demigods of course were women. The question that arises in such situation is does the artist control the muse or does the muse control the artist. To what level does this interrelation go and what is it';s reducto or in normal words can we bring the resulting acts and rarionales to an absurd point. (The reducto ad absurdum.) If the process is one of the succubus the very life and spirit of the artist is drawn out of him (if it is the succubus) and for her there is the incubus. Err. (I always get those mixed up with stalagtites and stalagmites.) At any rate the concept of the muse drawing out the very lifes blood from the artist is very grand and profound. It is one going back to Plutarch or Homer. You have more than adequatly reserected that concept with some sterm and drang from what you have sharred, but with all artistic trials (you were ill remember.) However, you have escaped your muse with your creativity intact. Of course were this a Greek fable your muse would doubtless be male. I would be intrigued to see if you could turn the tables in a biographical attempt where the artist is female and the muse is male. To rather badly quote the Bard of Avon (Who would have known there was so much blood in the old girl.) Your art is very classical and (I mean this as a complement) very Greek He is easily likened to an Adinis and she a Venius (with hair). Hey styles change. The work is remarkable and I bow to your energy and accumen. Marta doo keep working you deserve our kudoos. Tawneycocker

bowditch
05-16-2005, 07:50 AM
Great expressions on the face, he is loving the caresses and warming to her touch! One suggestion, try out the marble textures in photoshop that could guide you through the surfaces of his legs! Great!!! Marble veins are beneath the surface (I am surrounded by the stuff here in Italy) and they look alittle painted on.

Kamjar
05-16-2005, 08:25 AM
wonderful painting, i love the colours and expresions!!
Also love the stone :)

Great Job! Cheers Kam

Squibbit
05-16-2005, 08:31 AM
hah , it really looks like the dude's head grows from those pants..

TheMagnetic
05-16-2005, 08:32 AM
wow, :eek:!!! i think its a beautiful painting. very pleasing to the eye. I think that your concept is very nice also. it shows through your painting that it has alot of substance. well, good luck!!!

grafik
05-16-2005, 10:32 AM
Absolutely wonderfull work!!! u create very vivid characters giving so much feeling to the painting! keep up, hope u can finish it in time!!!:thumbsup:

my finished MASTER & SLAVE:

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?p=2138465 (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?p=2138465)

BlacKeri
05-16-2005, 11:02 AM
Metrini: yay! Thank you :D I'm satisfied with this piece myself to be honest, I am working really really hard on it :)

Thitipon: thanks for the support man, I'll try to hurry!

Amélie: Thanks! I'll update the thread later today :D

Sunny: Aww thank you and likewise!

Edward: Thanks a lot, your comment has really inspired me!

Nicholas: the look I am trying to achieve isn't marble actually, but cracked alabaster. I still have to work on it though, I know :/

Kamjar: thanks a lot! And just to say, your entry is totally mindblowing!

Panu: ..what? XD

Gabriel: thank you so much :)

Tiago: Thanks! I hope so too, I will be working all night long today. :/

- I have been working a LOT on the clouds (a dozen hours straight) and will show them today along with some other minor stuff. For now, I gotta go :( Kisses for everyone kind enough to visit the thread and leave a comment, thanks so much guys!

Squibbit
05-16-2005, 11:07 AM
Panu: ..what? XD

nevermind, i was referring to the two closeup pics u posted together :P

Tariq12
05-16-2005, 11:09 AM
Hey Marta, very cool. The marble effect on the male figures legs look great. Can't wait to see this finished.
Good luck in the final,
Tariq.

BlacKeri
05-16-2005, 06:37 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6627/6627_1116268631_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6627/6627_1116268631_large.jpg)

Okay, so while shading the picture I wanted to share some clouds I was doing last night.
It's not a tutorial or walkthrough, just a simple combination of some screen caps I took while doing the clouds, many steps aren't shown, sorry for that :(
Hope you like :)

Desert-of-Seth
05-16-2005, 06:39 PM
:applause: Good cloud rendering!

So,the background is ready? :) Not much left to do,i think :)

xric7
05-16-2005, 06:46 PM
wonderful sky.:bounce:
can't wait to see final image.

Nehym
05-16-2005, 07:18 PM
Clouds are fun! http://img192.echo.cx/img192/4807/10giggle9og.gif(i've been painting lots of clouds lately too). They are looking very good, very fluffy and almost glowing, will give a nice atmosphere to your work. http://img192.echo.cx/img192/1098/7nod8mo.gif

BlacKeri
05-16-2005, 07:52 PM
Esra: Thank you! And yes, the background is almost ready, it just needs some final touches :)

Thitipon: Thank you so much! :D

Amélie: Thanks! I think they look better in the final image when there's much more of them but oh well :D

Okay, gotta get back to work - I really would like to submit the Final COloring Milestone today :( Gotta hurry!!

BlacKeri
05-16-2005, 11:19 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6627/6627_1116285540_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6627/6627_1116285540_large.jpg)

Yay for updates!
Ok so I have been workig a LOT, around 20 hours a day (no sleep for me) and I'm half dead now. Well, I am planning on finishing this tomorrow:P
Anyway, I have been doing the background (duh), fixing some shading as well as anatomical errors, defining details and stone textures further, and other minor stuff.

As for the background, I have been paitning it... too long. Way too long than I should, haha. I have started in the afternoon and finished in the morning the next day without sleep.
I'm too slow of a worker.

Anyway!
To be done still:
- The basis of the stone-sculpture
- LOTS of glows and small lightning effects
- Some shading fixes
- Blood on the laurel
- Detail in Muse's hair
- Frame (very delicate one but I want something to "compose" the picture together)
- Eventual color balancing the background and maybe adding color accents...
- Writing down the story and summarizing the picture for the Final Image submission

Okay, that's what I can think of for now. Comments are always really really appreciated :)

BlacKeri
05-16-2005, 11:37 PM
Oh, and also, if anyone has ANY suggestions for the title, I would be forever thankful if they shared their ideas! :)

arkinet
05-16-2005, 11:43 PM
title...title...hmmmm... how about 'kiss of life'... or eternal embrace... too cheesy?... i dunno marta, my brains still fried for all the stuff that needs to be done... btw, you have an amazing piece here & good luck on the final stretch.:thumbsup:

also, thnx for all your commnts & suggstions on my post, i really appreciate that:)

Mythmaker
05-16-2005, 11:45 PM
Great paintwork - As usual! Keep it up Marta! :thumbsup:

BlacKeri
05-17-2005, 12:02 AM
arkinet: Thank you so much for your comment! Also, thank you for the suggestions! If that cheers you up, my brain is melt as well :P

Mythmaker: Aww, thank you!

Well, back to work now :D

Samuraikuroi
05-17-2005, 02:24 AM
Czesc, Marta! Awsome! I can FEEL the clouds passings as I look at this piece of art! very well done! :thumbsup:

Master & servant (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=226306)

TheFirstAngel
05-17-2005, 02:26 AM
Looooooove it! Soooo beutifull! Go Martha go! keep on rocking! Loved your piece from the moment i found it and can't wait to sse you finnish it! Keep on rocking!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

cha0t1c1
05-17-2005, 03:04 AM
almost there....just a little more... I love ur work...

arLutiK
05-17-2005, 05:05 AM
Marta, almost finish, very nice work with that lighting it really sets the mood.

xric7
05-17-2005, 06:19 AM
wowooowowow:bounce:
very beutiful ambiance.
almost finish.hurry up,mate.
cheers.

Belhaven
05-17-2005, 06:37 AM
looking very cool there. those clouds must have wiped your patience clean. dont know how you do it.

BlacKeri
05-17-2005, 08:08 AM
thank you so much guys! Just woke up from 3 hours of sleeping, gotta go back to work now :) Best of luck to you all and thanks again for finding the time to reply :D

Vectorius
05-17-2005, 08:11 AM
Good job! The stone texture look very well!:thumbsup: Quick quick quick Marta..I hope you get finished.
Good picture!

Good luck!:scream:

deligaris
05-17-2005, 12:00 PM
Hi Marta, great job and concept as usual! I like the characters' expressions and the puffy clouds in the background, very well done... :D

eparts
05-17-2005, 12:04 PM
yay, i need sunglasses. this image strikes!
nice work on the clouds, and wow for a dress! :)

i will make it.. keep up the good work !

marcheen
05-17-2005, 12:05 PM
beautiful image Marta. but hurry up now;) trzymam kciuki

Marcin

3dRaven
05-17-2005, 12:08 PM
Great update Marta. The crown of laurel leaves is a great additipn to the pic. Love the clouds too :D I'd paint in some shadows between them and his head though to not get that pasted in feel.

The spirit nicely blends into the background too :thumbsup:

wx84530
05-17-2005, 12:10 PM
good luck! ^.^
really a interesting pic

spacesnail
05-17-2005, 01:20 PM
May i propose "Origin of Dissymetry" for a title?

Okay, it sounds like a bad joke...
Anyway, this a really beautiful picture. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Send you a lot of encouragement for finishing it

Manu

MDN67
05-17-2005, 01:28 PM
always a good pic, very emotional, i like the sky is amazing, good work

Desert-of-Seth
05-17-2005, 01:50 PM
:applause: No helpful suggestions from me,this piece is beyond my skills! :love:

And,what i think of a title is,that a one word title would sound great (i leave finding that word to others *giggle* )

Going great! :love:

Miyagu
05-17-2005, 02:27 PM
hi marta,

this is really beautyful! how about "inspiration" ok, maybe a bit obvious..
or "wings" because the inspiration can make you fly but also turn you into f***cking stone if not there.. and we all want to fly..

i love this piece.. keep up the good work! :love:

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

ilusiondigital
05-17-2005, 02:33 PM
It´s really a beautiful scene marta, are you an heritage of Miguel angel :thumbsup:

Tariq12
05-17-2005, 03:11 PM
Hey Marta, this piece is looking FANTASTIC mate. I love the clouds, very nice work. Can't wait to see this finished, so GO, GO, GO !..
Best of luck for the final.
T. :thumbsup: :applause:

camtheman
05-17-2005, 03:19 PM
The artist and art theme I think we can all relate to. Now that this challenge has almost ended, I find myself relieved and satisfied (some what...mostly) and sad, lonely and wanting to start the proccess all over again...mmm.

Very nice work. Good luck in the challenge!

my M&S:

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=227140&goto=newpost

NOOB!
05-17-2005, 04:56 PM
wow,still an a amazing image,cmon not much left to do,just a lil bit at the bottom!!

Nigel-Q
05-17-2005, 04:59 PM
stunning progress since i've checked in on this. it's come along beautifully, i hope you're still inspired for the final crunch, good luck!

Nehym
05-17-2005, 06:17 PM
How about ''Petrification of the mind'' for a title? I don't know, that is what came to my mind first. :bounce: Though it might be a little too ''dark''..

Beautiful, beautiful work Marta. I love the way you did the clouds and their expression.. And her hands are so well done and looking so realistic.. I cannot wait to see the final step of it. Good luck and have a good time finishing it! :)

OliveBeard
05-17-2005, 06:38 PM
Thank you for the comments!

You're clouds are fantastic! Draws me into the center of the piece so smoothly. Almost...calming in a way. The overall style reminds me so much of the classical paintings (read: Venus)

I'll check back at the zero hour! :)

BlacKeri
05-17-2005, 10:28 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6627/6627_1116368905_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6627/6627_1116368905_large.jpg)

Okay here is the final coloring. Minor color and lightning tweaks before the Final Image submission :)

I have also decided on the name of the piece - one word title, I won't say what it is yet. :]

I will show some final coloring closeups while waiting for the Final Image to upload.

And again, thanks for the wonderful feedback! :D

Squibbit
05-17-2005, 10:46 PM
Excellent.

3dRaven
05-17-2005, 10:51 PM
Perfect. Love the subtle mist near the bottom :thumbsup:

One word... wallpaper :D

Jezzarts
05-17-2005, 11:04 PM
Hey, nice concept!.. they're Alive!! seriously, beautifully done.

bowditch
05-17-2005, 11:32 PM
HMMM, Nice. I like it better now that I see that the two in your image are united not only by their embrace but also by the marble. Great light, great hair

BlacKeri
05-17-2005, 11:46 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6627/6627_1116373561_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6627/6627_1116373561_large.jpg)

Just some little details while I upload the Final Image :)

BlacKeri
05-18-2005, 12:20 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6627/6627_1116375648_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6627/6627_1116375648_large.jpg)

Absolute - a divine spark of inspiration
Absolute - beyond human control
Absolute - complete, infinite and unconditional

Embraced by Ars, the Artist turns into stone and becomes Ars himself, melting with Her into Unity. Or, maybe, Her touch brings the petrified Artist to life, since he cannot achieve full humanity without Her blessing.
Ars, subtle as She is, has a power over the artist, who is helpless and dependant, although rewarded with a laurel wreath. In his suffering he knows that the golden crown is a burden. As much as he would like to break free, he is not able to escape from this slavery. Alone, he cannot exist, so his soul is riven between pain and happiness, protest and devotion. Only united with Ars he can come to the complete and perfect entity - Absolute.

So... that's it :)
At the end, once again, I would like to express my gratitude to everyone for their feedback and support given me throughout the painting process. It has been a truly wonderful experience :)
Thank you and good luck to everyone in the Challenge!

PS. : Ars is latin for Art of course. :P

JMcWilliams
05-18-2005, 01:31 AM
Congrats! Looks pretty for sure :D Good luck!

Desert-of-Seth
05-18-2005, 05:53 AM
:love: GREAT! :D it turned out excellent! (and,i'm happy that you followed my advice :p )

Wish you lots of luck! :love:

xric7
05-18-2005, 06:06 AM
very impressive!!
love the pose and lighting so much.:bounce:
excellent final image u did.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
congratulation and best luck in contest.
cheers.

TheMagnetic
05-18-2005, 06:44 AM
very beautiful! congrats!

3dRaven
05-18-2005, 04:49 PM
Beautifull final Marta. Really impressive. One of my fav's in the 2d section

Good luck :thumbsup:

MDN67
05-18-2005, 04:58 PM
really a good work, this is a nice pic, good luck for the end

NinjaA55N
05-18-2005, 05:18 PM
Great that last one, awesome textures on the stone part! And Im so happy that u managed to finish it :bounce: good luck!

lutzw
05-18-2005, 08:43 PM
Hi BlacKeri.

Just wanted to drop by and say thx for your nice comment about my work. Your own painting caught my eyes for a few times, but I never found the time for some support... I like the overall mood and would have had some more ideas--but time is already over...

Anyway good luck,
:) <- Lutz

eparts
05-18-2005, 08:44 PM
:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:
turned out fantasticly
wishes good luck!

RichTee
05-18-2005, 09:01 PM
So the challenge draws to its conclusion, and it has to be said this is a brilliantly executed piece. The ideology, the palette, the composition, all pretty much spot on.

The ethereal nature is excellent and i love the HDR (aghhh, thats a bit gamey talk !!!) should i say the over-exposure around ars in the upper parts of the image, helping to highten this feeling of wonder and mystique...

Excellent work Marta, i wish you all the best

Belhaven
05-19-2005, 02:40 PM
really great finish. i love the way you rendered the clouds and her hair. so pretty. great job!!

CoreyArtE
05-19-2005, 02:41 PM
Oh oh oh!!! The skin tones are outstanding! What did you use? painter ? photoshop? Other? I cant stand people like you who make painting skin look so easy! DARN YOUR AMAZING ABILITIES, DARN THEM!

BlacKeri
05-19-2005, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the support everyone, I really appreciate it :D

Corey, I used Painter like 90% of the time and Photoshop CS only for some retouches and textures :)

NOOB!
05-19-2005, 03:21 PM
great image!! glad u cud make it!

JMcWilliams
05-19-2005, 03:37 PM
Cool image! The faces in particular are very nice. Good luck in the court room ;)

frak3
05-19-2005, 04:22 PM
Finished picture came out nice. I like the mood, very passionate.