View Full Version : Compression for Quicktime
03-25-2005, 03:27 PM
How exactly do you compress a exported movie file through after effects..if at all, or does it need to be taken to Adobe Priemere? I need it to be compressed so that I don't have to stick my demoreel on a DVD..
Thanks for the help!:)
03-25-2005, 05:43 PM
1. In AE 6.5 - Choose "Composition" > "Make Movie" from the main menu
2. This will open the projects "Render Queue window"
3. Click on the blue underlined word next to "Output Module" (usually this defaults to "Lossless")
4. This will open the "Output Module Settings" window
5. The second Item down is "Video Output" make sure you activate the check box
6. Directly under that is a button "Format Options" click on it
7. That opens another window "Compression Settings"
8. There is a drop down menu with all the compressions settings to choose from.
I personally use Sorensen Video 3 a lot. It gives me the most bang for the buck (Quality vs Size) for creating small files for web distribution. Adobe's support center has good information on compression types and what's best for each particular application.
Hope that helps! Good Luck!
03-25-2005, 07:09 PM
Thanks a lot Cathy!
I will try this when I end up with my final demoreel. I will look at it when I get back to school on Monday.
Thanks again for your help!
03-25-2005, 07:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
vBulletin v3.0.5, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.