PDA

View Full Version : Some painting question

metalpiss
03-25-2005, 03:25 PM
Is there a way to get rid of these nasty overlaps between colors?
See the attachement for example.

macling
03-25-2005, 10:03 PM
What do you want? Clear them/ blend them?
Looks like you used multiply mode within the brush, if you use normal mode this won't happen.

metalpiss
03-26-2005, 11:36 AM
No, I'm using the normal mode and this still happens. And what I mean is that when you paint a color and then you paint again near or over it (with pressure sensitive opacity), those nasty dark hues appear at the intersection of the collors. And I was wondering if this can be avoided.

Skjoldbroder
03-26-2005, 11:55 AM
you're painting with the dark blue colour.
hence, when you're using pressure sensitivity, you're going to get semi-transparent strokes, and in effect a lighter blue colour - but the colour you're using, your target colour, is still the dark blue; Hence you'll get closer to that target colour with each brush stroke, as you layer the "paint" on top of itself.

So

Don't get caught up in the magic of the digital realm. If you want to paint with a particular colour - in your case a lighter blue - just pick that lighter blue specifically.
Don't so much think of Photoshop as a digital paint tool, think of it as a traditional brush and palette when you're painting. This, among other things, means being aware of what you're doing when using 50% opacity brushes. (Acrylics don't come in "50% opaque")
(but take advantage of the benefits you can get from digital means, such as undos and layers, of course) =)

hope this helps. Possibly not. If so, ask again ;)

all the best
/plaf

CGTalk Moderation
03-26-2005, 11:55 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.