PDA

View Full Version : laptop with most acurate color display

Cadillacs57
09-25-2002, 06:51 PM
a friend needs a laptop to do hes photoshop stuff, he needs the most acurate color you can get, but from laptops.... i know that LCDS tend to have some issues.....
so i told him about the inspiron 8200 but, is that the path to go?
anyways, i think is harder to get this kind of information, because i guess that most of the professionals use desktops for what they do everyday
any other suggestions?

danhua76
09-25-2002, 08:28 PM
unfortunately i would have to say that the apple ibooks and titanium have the best color representation on their lcds. i've looked at numerous pc laptops, but none have the quality i'm looking for. i'm a big pc fan, but this time the prize has to go to apple.

beaker
09-25-2002, 09:35 PM
Most laptops have external monitor connectors. So I would hook up a crt to it for color correction. LCD, especially on laptops use pretty inexpensive ones, so they have really crappy contrast ratio's(100-200:1 compared to crt 1000:1). LCD just can't reproduce the blackest blacks, and whitest whites because of that.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.