PDA

View Full Version : Master and Servant 2D Entry: Jakub Rejlich

JakubFromOz
03-25-2005, 04:34 AM
Jakub Rejlich has entered the Master and Servant 2D.

Challenge Page (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/masterandservant/view_entries.php?challenger=6525)

Latest Update: Final Image: Eobar twinkle fingers by Jakub rejlich
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6525/6525_1116397557_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6525/6525_1116397557_large.jpg)

The story so far....

In the land of Rys the wizard business is serious business,
When a junior mage graduates out of the academy a selected and
talented few get the privlidge and honor to be tutored by a master
mage. Eobar Twinkle Fingers is one such master mage, Although
his credentials on paper far outweigh his actual talents, he is an
Master illusionist and, when mocked
about his hat one of his favourite lines is " My party hat is not for show
Scally WAG!" needless to say the intricate looking jewel on the top of
his head is actually the egg of a rainbow dragon. It is Custom for the
apprentice to wear similar attire to the Master.
Diado was the youngster to be tutored by Eobar, it was more of a forced
scenario, Diado the son of a wealthy family has enjoyed a spoiled life,
he has no real talent for magic, And Eobar hasn't tutored an apprentice for
over 50 years, the wizard council proclaiming that if he didn’t take on Diado
then his membership as a master mage was forfeit, although this coincided
with a hefty bribe from Diado's wealthy father a noble of high esteem.
Needless to say the duo’s relationship has been shaky at best, Eobar is intent
on giving Diado meaningless and pointless tasks although DIado finds some comfort in Eobar’s pet the dragon Dog Falfus and the 2 headed wyrm OkkO.
Although Okko’s sanity remains to be questioned. The two get into adventures
They do not want to be apart of but nonetheless either by morale’s or the law itself
Are forced to do. Eobar does his best to ignore young Diado but when he really gets
On his nerves ( usually by doing some foolish prank on the mage) he will do something
especially cruel like making Diado balance a 25 kilo Book on his back while he wishes
to study an particularily lengthy enchantment. He may have to be forced to have him
as his apprentice but he sure doesn’t have to be nice about it.

JakubFromOz
03-26-2005, 05:57 AM
damn how do u delete if u post twice

JakubFromOz
03-26-2005, 06:13 AM
This is my first competition online or at all for that matter and deciding to crawl out of my cave so to speak :D, good luck to everyone in the compeition, by dsa way how do i delte a post if it gets posted twice :( donno anything about threads etc hehe okies welz ill post more once i hav done more ^_^

JakubFromOz
03-26-2005, 11:06 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6525/6525_1111835194_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6525/6525_1111835194_large.jpg)

ok bit further now stil working on a bak ground havnt come up with one >_<

MDN67
03-26-2005, 11:09 AM
Hi, good concept, i like your draw style. There is a great potential with this skretch, i wait the continuation:thumbsup:

OKMER
03-26-2005, 11:09 AM
Nice and cute idea you got there.I should enlarge a bit your image on both sides to put some more magical stuff and things on the table all around them.Great start and good luck to you!!!

JakubFromOz
03-28-2005, 12:00 PM
ok applying some color now i only do mid tones for now until right at the end when i put in lights just working on the middle now and gonna get dis trio done and then start working on the background :P yeh i agree im gona make it a bout 3 inches wider either side so i can put lotsa magical stuff hehe

lanedaughtry
03-29-2005, 12:43 AM
I love the character style of this piece. I can just see a vibrant pallette doing wonders for this piece. The line work is already gorgeous.

-L

JakubFromOz
03-29-2005, 03:44 AM
plodding on

lanedaughtry
03-29-2005, 03:49 AM
We'll see ;)

Color tends to be my biggest struggle.

Actually, to be accurate, rendering light and shadow.

Here's hoping though.

-L

JakubFromOz
03-29-2005, 03:53 AM
yeh i do light and shadow right at the end so my works tend to look flat until the end :P just bear with them hehe, i find it easier to add all the light sources and shadows at the end i dunno its just a me thing :/

Aethyrprime
03-29-2005, 04:41 AM
Cool. Abstract and interesting. Keep it up.

JakubFromOz
04-04-2005, 03:17 AM
continuing with da midtones

MechaHateChimp
04-04-2005, 06:32 AM
Hi Jakub,

Just wanted to say thank you for your comments, they are much appreciated :D

Checking out your stuff, it looks like your illustration is coming along nicely. Since you are still in the coloring stages there really isn't much I can say at this point. Not sure if youre like me, but my illustrations dont come together until the final coloring and I know there are other people who work this way as well. I think you have a very humerous and lighthearted image which is coming along excellent. Id like to see what you will be doing with the background.Thanks again for your comments and I will be back to check up on your progress. Good luck!

JakubFromOz
04-04-2005, 07:51 AM
yeh your entirely correct mate mine looks crap until i finished coloring the start adding lighting and shadows, sigh i dunno if i go about it the right way but yeh the coloring is killin me :P so much ahhhh

MDN67
04-04-2005, 11:18 AM
Good work, i'm happy to see you begin the color, and i'm wait the most detailled version

MechaHateChimp
04-04-2005, 04:23 PM
yeh your entirely correct mate mine looks crap until i finished coloring the start adding lighting and shadows, sigh i dunno if i go about it the right way but yeh the coloring is killin me :P so much ahhhh

Nah man, it doesnt look like crap at all. The hardest part is getting the initial sketch done in my opinion. Coming up with ideas for an illustrtation is probably the worst for me because I have so many but have to choose one. Once I do though, everything else is fun:)

You already have a solid comp, just a matter of piecing it together. Not sure if this would help (everyone works different) but what I do is look for a mid tone color and just fill in the corresponding area first... almost like an animation cell. This tends to give me a better idea of what colors work well with one another and makes things go a lot faster in the coloring department.

JakubFromOz
04-05-2005, 12:55 AM
more midtones fun fun fun :'(

JakubFromOz
04-05-2005, 01:00 AM
yh i pretty much do it like u said, just first i do this kind of layers of paint then ill go over everything and make it as detailed as possible to make it look real, i need to find out exactly where im gonna place candles and other light sources, like he gonna have some magic effects happeing in his staff and his other hand as well, thinking of making a wizards labratory as the bakground with maybe a few more creatures in it ad books and magical tinkets etc once i do da basic coloring of this centre peice ill start concepting the background more

JakubFromOz
04-07-2005, 08:06 AM
some coloring, no lights or shadows yet, still da midtones no background yet just fiddling wit some details

JakubFromOz
04-08-2005, 10:35 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6525/6525_1112952942_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6525/6525_1112952942_large.jpg)

Ok ive hit a block, this is the basic i have for the background, i still got tonne sof detail to go witht he centre characters but yeh i wana get the feel for the room, im thinking about incorporating 2 more characters a 2 headed dragon on a perch thingy in the top right and a creature passed out with his legs up on one pile of books and his head on another to the right, im at a loss as to wat to put behind the actual mage, should i just use lighting from a spell he is doing in his staff to cover the background behind it? will the 2 added characters detract from the centre peice? just at a bit of a loss here hehe

JakubFromOz
04-08-2005, 10:38 AM
sorry i typed in a rush and it might be incomprehensible some things :D

JakubFromOz
04-10-2005, 07:42 AM
cg is confusing me i cant submit wip from the actual site is there a limit to how much u can submit

JakubFromOz
04-10-2005, 07:46 AM
dont mind the random comments please everyone its just that my section of cg was really a mess with tonnes of images that are 2 big hehe so i cleaned it up abit

LadyMedusa
04-10-2005, 11:59 AM
Nice colors so far.

It should come a little pop-up telling you why you cant submit, unless I missunderstod you're problem.
Remeber that you have to submit an entry to line-art to.

JakubFromOz
04-10-2005, 03:44 PM
thanks for da comment laqdy medusa all crit is welcome

JakubFromOz
04-10-2005, 11:56 PM
ok im gonna type the story manually as copy and pasting leaves it in a lil black font :D

The stroy so far...

In the land of rys the wizard business is serious business. When a junior mage graduates out of the academy a selected and talented few get the privlidge and honor to be tutored by a master mage. Eobar Twinkle Fingers is one such mage, Although his credentials on paper far outweigh his actual talents, he is an Master illusionist and has little talent for anything else, when mocked about his hat one of his favourite lines is " My party hat is not for show Scally Wag !" needless to say the intricate looking jewel on the top of his hed is actually the egg of a rainbow dragon. It is custom for the apprentice to wear similar attire to the Master.
Nigel was the youngster to be tutored By Eobar, it was more of a forced scenario, Nigel the son of a wealthy family has enjoyed a sheltered and spoiled life, He has no real talent for magic, And eobar hasn't tutored an apprentice for over 50 years, the council of wizards proclaiming that if he didn't take on Nigel then his membership as a Master Mage was forfeit, Although this coincided with a hefty bribe from Nigel's wealthy and renowned father. Needless to say the duo's relationship has been shaky at best, Eobar is intent on giving Nigel Meaningless and pointless tasks although Nigel finds some comfort in Eobar's pet dragon Dog Falfus

JakubFromOz
04-11-2005, 10:42 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6525/6525_1113212562_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6525/6525_1113212562_large.jpg)

Ok this is the idea i got for the background stil stuggling with a far background donno if a doorway would be good or just blank wall hmmmzt or huge stock piles of books

JakubFromOz
04-15-2005, 03:51 AM
fiddlin wit backgground

JakubFromOz
04-22-2005, 06:03 AM
just cant wait to start adding lights nerly there hehe any crit welcome

JakubFromOz
05-02-2005, 06:54 AM
dibs and dabs

JakubFromOz
05-02-2005, 07:24 AM
Why is it when i save image to cg networks it like makes my image look like its gone over with dark lines n stuff have to edit post to get it looking the way it normally does :(

JakubFromOz
05-02-2005, 12:11 PM
ok addign lights in and trying to get the overall mood of the scene happening

redfrog
05-02-2005, 12:16 PM
Hey, nice job. That's coming along a treat. Really like you illustration style. It's nice and distinctive. Best of luck with it! (Always good to see other aussies in the challenge)

JakubFromOz
05-02-2005, 01:30 PM
thnx for the compliment mate

xric7
05-03-2005, 04:46 PM
great great coloring.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

the sketch is also realy nice.love ur idea and colorful style.
i'll look forward to urs.cheers.:buttrock:

JakubFromOz
05-05-2005, 06:32 AM
made the scen a bit darker is it better

JakubFromOz
05-10-2005, 08:28 AM
general clean up theres gona b smoke from da pipe being sucked in by one dragon and head and blown out the dopey one ^^

JakubFromOz
05-18-2005, 07:25 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6525/6525_1116397557_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6525/6525_1116397557_large.jpg)

The story so far....

In the land of Rys the wizard business is serious business,
When a junior mage graduates out of the academy a selected and
talented few get the privlidge and honor to be tutored by a master
mage. Eobar Twinkle Fingers is one such master mage, Although
his credentials on paper far outweigh his actual talents, he is an
Master illusionist and, when mocked
about his hat one of his favourite lines is " My party hat is not for show
Scally WAG!" needless to say the intricate looking jewel on the top of
his head is actually the egg of a rainbow dragon. It is Custom for the
apprentice to wear similar attire to the Master.
Diado was the youngster to be tutored by Eobar, it was more of a forced
scenario, Diado the son of a wealthy family has enjoyed a spoiled life,
he has no real talent for magic, And Eobar hasn't tutored an apprentice for
over 50 years, the wizard council proclaiming that if he didn’t take on Diado
then his membership as a master mage was forfeit, although this coincided
with a hefty bribe from Diado's wealthy father a noble of high esteem.
Needless to say the duo’s relationship has been shaky at best, Eobar is intent
on giving Diado meaningless and pointless tasks although DIado finds some comfort in Eobar’s pet the dragon Dog Falfus and the 2 headed wyrm OkkO.
Although Okko’s sanity remains to be questioned. The two get into adventures
They do not want to be apart of but nonetheless either by morale’s or the law itself
Are forced to do. Eobar does his best to ignore young Diado but when he really gets
On his nerves ( usually by doing some foolish prank on the mage) he will do something
especially cruel like making Diado balance a 25 kilo Book on his back while he wishes
to study an particularily lengthy enchantment. He may have to be forced to have him
as his apprentice but he sure doesn’t have to be nice about it.

sypherr
05-23-2005, 02:23 AM
Great work Jakub, i love the dragon with 2 heads smoking.

CGTalk Moderation
05-23-2005, 02:23 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.