PDA

View Full Version : Lopping Video in After Effects

rosem
03-25-2005, 01:33 AM
I have some good video clips of some clouds that I want to use in the background of a flash video I am making.

The only problem I am having is that I want the clouds to loop over and over again, so I just need a 3-6 second clip - to keep the file size down.

Does anyone have any ideas or tutorial links for me to get started on making the clouds loop?

This is the only example I can find thats close to what I want to do:

http://www.2advanced.com/archive/v3/flashindex.htm

Let the site load and you'll see the clouds in the background looping.

Ravix
03-25-2005, 03:22 AM
hi i never done this before but seems pretty easy and theres problably more thn 1 way to do it ..
i will just animate on separete layers each cloud, but that will be my way ,, can u show us ur footage? :shrug:

andrewjohn81
03-25-2005, 06:41 PM
What they did doesn't look too hard.
Get one clip of a cloud, could even be a nice image of a cloud animated in after effects if your good. Their rolls though, so you'll need a clip if that's what you want.

Now, place it in the timeline.
At the beginning fade from transparent
At the end fade to transparent
place a copy of the same exact clip an a layer below that one. Place the end of it, not trasnparent at the beginning.
Place the beginning of it at the end right where it begins to fade. The trick is to make the video length clip off the last clip the frame before the first clip begins.

That should be loopeable.
Remember that if you only need about 6 seconds to actually show then you probably only need about a second of actual video clip to make the final video.

CGTalk Moderation
03-25-2005, 06:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.