PDA

View Full Version : Remote Desktop & Painter

Haaibo
03-24-2005, 10:57 PM
When I Run Corel Painter through remote desktop the palettes in the the program are a complete mess. Is there a way to remedy this or is it because Remote Desktop is porbably using a virtual driver that is messing with the palette? Any help in this area would be great.
I'm Running painter off a seperate PC because my current setup is really taking strain running windows let alone anything else, and I need to work on a Model & Texture synchronously. Then Second machine is a spare wtih incompatible parts, so merging the two is out of the question. Basically i'm trying to find a way to lighting the load because up'ing my system strength is currently not possible.

sacslacker
03-25-2005, 07:54 AM
I use remote desktop a ton and I'm guessing that you're not going to get this to work. Not to mention the delay in your strokes would be enough to drive me over the edge. I know for certain that any OpenGL windows wont work as I've tried to open Maya from a buddies house and that was a no go. It really isn't meant for this type of thing unfortunately.

However, if you find a way, that would be interesting. I'm pretty sure you aren't going to get this to work though.

CGTalk Moderation
03-25-2005, 07:54 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.