PDA

View Full Version : Gl.h compilation problem

robinmitra
03-24-2005, 12:31 PM
i recently downloaded the openGL toolkit. I've Turbo C++ and whenever i try to compile any openGL program I get error in the GL.h header file. I don't have windows.h header file either. I've downloaded all the required files and placed them at the requisited locations. Please help.

Robin

Tommi
03-25-2005, 09:47 AM
Maybe you need to add the library's path(s) to the (include/library) directory list of your compiler. But I cannot tell you how this can be done with Turbo C++.
I wonder whether Turbo C++ might be too old for that anyway...

mummey
03-25-2005, 02:13 PM
i recently downloaded the openGL toolkit. I've Turbo C++ and whenever i try to compile any openGL program I get error in the GL.h header file. I don't have windows.h header file either. I've downloaded all the required files and placed them at the requisited locations. Please help.

Robin

You don't have the windows.h header file? Typically you need to declare that before you declare gl.h on the windows platform. Yes, I know its stupid. Blame Microsoft for not updating OpenGL past 1.1. :-P

Undegen
03-29-2005, 11:20 AM

Robin

I think that problem is Turbo C++. It is better to use other c++ compilers. Also you need Microsoft platform SDK . For example you can download Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition - it is all you need for learning c++ - IDE and all libraries.

robinmitra
04-01-2005, 02:47 PM
I think the Turbo C++ is very old for this stuff. So, if anyone is using good free compilers supporting OpenGL then plz give some relevant links regarding the same.
Thanx

Robin

fasteez
04-01-2005, 02:54 PM
download devcpp its a free c++ IDE ( so you can make c also ) theres mingw which is a gcc port for windows ( not complete support but enough to do opengl stuff )

peace

edit : with a link its more funny :) http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html

CGTalk Moderation
04-01-2005, 02:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.