PDA

View Full Version : Aiptek tablets

William GUiLE
09-25-2002, 11:31 AM
Hello. I've got a wacom graphire 2 and it works very well for me, but I'd like a bigger surface to work on. I won't buy an Intuos cause it costs too much and I don't need all those features -like 1024 levels of pressure sensitivity, two hundreds kinds of pens and so on-, so I considered the aiptek hyperpen 12000u, it has the same features of a graphire 2 (and an higher resolution) and is bigger (a4-size).
However, I'd like any suggestion by owners of aiptek tablets, is it a good deal or not?
And, in particular, are there batteries in the pen or not? This is not specified on the aiptek site...

thank you!

pigwater
10-12-2002, 02:23 AM
william

i have both a wacom and an aiptek both 9x12 ...so i am very familiar with them

buy it....the feel is no where near as smooth as a wacom (the aiptek feels colder, harder to the touch )

as far as levels of sensitivity though, to me is not that big of an issue...the difference between a pencil and paper to a wacom is far greater than the differenc of a wacom to an aiptek

anyways you can always adjust for any sensitivity you might feel your missing with preassure and flow levels in photoshop ( if that's where your using it) as far as left click/left click...thats adjustable in a very limited properties panel

yes there is a bettery in the pen

there not a wacom but for $120 (?) they're worth it

it's honda vs. bmw ...they both get you there just a difference in smoothness

ALITA
10-13-2002, 02:27 PM
thank you for the answer!
I'm w. guile, but I'm posting from my sister's pc.
You're right, I had the opportunity to try the aiptek and felt exactly what you wrote. In the end I went for a wacom intuos 6x8 and I think it's a great deal!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.