PDA

View Full Version : quadraped tuts

wolfy2525
09-25-2002, 09:51 AM
hi there,
im looking for a tutorial on quadrapeds, does anyone know of any good ones that might help me, im using max 4.2 cheers for your help Wolfy

Peace455
09-29-2002, 03:31 AM
Hello All,

I've never heard the term "quadrapeds" before and was wondering what is it, when does it occur, I honestly have no idea what is it.

Thanks

Peace455:buttrock:

jschleifer
09-29-2002, 07:40 PM
A "Quadraped" is a 4-legged creature.. dog.. cat.. horse.. they exist! for real! :)

"Biped" would be a 2 legged creature.. human.. alien..

"Triped" would be 3 legged.. mutant.. etc..

erilaz
10-08-2002, 01:12 AM
Well, I could tell you how to set up a quadraped using the biped system in character studio... I haven't had to make one yet with standard bones.

Oh, and if you're wondering why I would BOTHER making a quadraped with a biped, it's because the shockwave3D exporter won't accept anything else!!!:surprised

What quadraped are you making? Structure can differ according to the creature.:D

wolfy2525
10-08-2002, 08:11 AM
Well thanks for the reply, alas I dont have character studio, so it makes it a bloody hard thing to do to make it out of normal bones. Heres the guy im trying to rig, ive finally rigged him myself, but its still not right so other input would help greatly

erilaz
10-08-2002, 09:54 AM
Have you foraged around the cd tutorials that came with max? I believe there's a dinosaur bone setup tute in there.

Meanwhile, here's a quick mock-up (and by quick, I MEAN quick, that's why it looks bad!).

Make sure you have your main root bones at the hip and at the shoulders (shown here in dark blue), so the pelvis and shoulders can pivot correctly.

Anybody else? I'm no bone expert by a long shot.

erilaz
10-08-2002, 09:56 AM
Oh, and as a side note, that's one brilliant creature you've done!:D

wolfy2525
10-08-2002, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the compliment there erilaz:bounce: Ive been getting down about my work, as i keep thinking its some what shit. Its mainly to do with I work for a web company, and they really dont give me anytime to work with 3d. So cheers again for the complement...

Well ive attached my bone setup for you, ive attached dummies to the joints, i think my main issue is the ik setup, which i dont have a bloody clue about. Tahnks for the quick response. Just to let you know that this is my first real attempt at rigging.

:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.