PDA

View Full Version : My ongoing struggle for technique...

andreasrocha
03-24-2005, 01:10 AM
STEP 1

Well, lately I am becoming really frustrated with my painting attempts. I really feel that I can't paint at all. Sometimes it really sucks! This time I used a photo for inspiration/reference without trying to copy the photo. (She reminds me of a blonde american actress...don't know her name)
I've also watched Linda Bergkvist's brilliant Master and Servant thread and her technique inspired me.
I don't know if I should go on with this one or start with the Challenge. Anyway, here it is.

http://andreasrocha.no.sapo.pt/CGTalk/07Technique/TechniqueTesting01.jpg

Rudeone
03-24-2005, 01:53 AM
Hey andreas, I know what you mean, I have the same, sometimes I'm just not cabable to get anything good on paper or monitor, looking at some great work in here usually helps me out.

This work looks fine to me though, I like the roundness in her figure.

But I would suggest to leave it for now and get your ass working on the master and servants, I saw you allready entered.
BTW good luck with the challenge

ArtSong
03-24-2005, 03:52 AM
Hi andreasrocha

I know exactly what you mean,, i had that fase myself for a while .. sit and stare at the screen.. and do nothing.. BUT :) i saw a tutorial about someone making a forest piece.. and he/she used Photoshop // i haven't used that for a while// and showed some new brushes,, Whamm,, i want to try those brushes myself,, and actualy i started painting again :) So my thumb up to you,, for starting,, instead of doing nothing .. that really great.. and your piece with the lady is really worth continue... hope to see more of it..

And the best of luck on the Master / Servants challenge :)

Gretz from
ArtSong

andreasrocha
03-25-2005, 12:52 AM
STEP 2

Thanks for the replies...I tried to implement most of what you pointed out. I'm still not entirely happy with the face, so I will refine a bit further.

Rudeone - I really want to jump into the Challenge...this time what I have already seen really rocks!

http://andreasrocha.no.sapo.pt/CGTalk/07Technique/TechniqueTesting02.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
03-25-2005, 12:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.