PDA

View Full Version : Binding my character causes black spots at the joint tips! Any ideas?

Wes_Brown
03-23-2005, 09:15 PM
Check it out!!

M.E.L.
03-23-2005, 09:47 PM
Looks like the normals are inverted...try selecting the mesh and choosing Edit Polygons -> Normals -> Set To Face.

Wes_Brown
03-24-2005, 12:08 AM
Thanks but I am certain it is not the normals... :(

M.E.L.
03-24-2005, 12:48 AM
Just out of curiosity...where is the character positioned in the world? 0,0,0? I remember someone having a weighting issue not too long ago in Maya where the weights began to tear and look much like yours. I don't believe it would be the weight normalization but without being able to look through the scene it's hard for me to really tell!

GlenGramling
03-24-2005, 05:47 AM
Whats up Wes!

a couple of us in class have had this same problem, i believe its some defect with your bones interpenetrating with your skin and ive noticed sometimes it renders and sometimes not, the only way i know how to fix it is to either modify your skeletons orientation, or shrink down your joint size in preferences. ill ask around to see if anyone knows of any other fix.
hope i helped :)

CGTalk Moderation
03-24-2005, 05:47 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.