PDA

View Full Version : My soldier

pat
02-13-2002, 04:55 AM
http://pages.infinit.net/shimapat/ww2.jpg

made in XSI

(...)
02-13-2002, 02:10 PM
Excellent texturing, though I question the proportions of the legs (his knees seem a bit low).

Arcade
02-14-2002, 05:29 PM
Hi!
I think it is great, but how many tri-polygons is it made of?

pat
02-14-2002, 09:11 PM
Hi arcade,

thanks for your comment, this model is 1334 triangles.

Neox
02-14-2002, 10:51 PM
please post an image of the wireframe, i can't belive that this models has more than 900 faces...

pat
02-14-2002, 11:04 PM
http://pages.infinit.net/shimapat/printscr.jpg

Neox
02-14-2002, 11:19 PM
Ah thank you, now i can see were those polygons are, wich i can't see in the texture Version ;)

the polygons on his belly aren' neccessary, and you dont need polygons on the inner sides of a joint. Pleasse kill some polys in his Face and add some to his body (especially theshoulders), cause his face is so smooth and overdetailed (but no one can see that in textured version) and the body looks kinda boxy, and please scale his hands a lotlle bit larger, they look like hands of an child not of an soldier...

but keep the good work!

Arcade
02-15-2002, 02:56 AM
Hi again!
I was just wondering what your model is going to be used for? I mean I think the textures are great!

I think it is very difficult to give constructive critisism about the modeling part because you didn't mention anything about what kind of game you are going to use it for...

For example...do you really need to have every finger represented?

//Keep up the excellent work!

pat
02-15-2002, 03:50 AM
Hi Arcade,

I did this model only for my personnal interest... It could be use for a game but I'd like to do a little movie whit it, so I have no idea for a scenario. I like " low res style " and texturing job. I want to do something else than a simple cartoon animation (http://www.multimania.com/kona3d/enook.avi) in my demo. So if I really don't have an idea for a little movie, I'll just using it to test the new xsi 2 animation features.

I appreciate your comments about the texture job, thanks !!

mcaron
02-15-2002, 10:31 PM
nice, and great texture!

I would suggest making his upper backside broader because right now he seems all equal from his belt to his armpits. Also, he is a bit too straight in the side view. The belt should be pushig in his lower back and his center of gravity should be a little more forward.
Finaly, the neck should be a bit slanted forward and the boots should be a bit rounder.

But these are just details. Your soldier guy looks cool and should end up looking almost real, except he's from the canadian army and will only do peace keeping missions and not have a weapon.

(No offence meant to anyone in the canadian army of course.)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.