PDA

View Full Version : chroma greenscreen studio setup

DangerousCliff
03-23-2005, 02:08 PM
i've recently started work at a production studio with a large greenscreen setup. the studio is left over from a ultimatte virtual set, however the ultimatte system is long gone, as are the personell who set it up.

so, i have a ton of lights, a green screen setup, cameras, and a studio, but only a rudimentry knowledge of chroma setup.

now, i'm not talking about compositing and effects, what i need to know is the general nuts and bolts of setting up the lights, setting up the distances, etc. and a general knowledgebase.

anyone have any advice, sketches, lighting layouts, etc., or general advice on setting up and running a green screen studio?

i know i'm being rather vague, this is not my intent- i need a starting point and a general knowledge base so i can get t his studio up and running.

thanks!

Cman
03-23-2005, 02:19 PM
Get a lightmeter with a spotmeter capability.
Light the green as evenly as possible.
Keep your subject as far from greenscreen as possible. (reduce green spill with flags as necessary.)
Use spotmeter to keep greenscreen about 1-stop lower than the keylight on your subject.

CGTalk Moderation
03-23-2005, 02:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.