PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle: Old Batmobile

GeneralLethal
09-24-2002, 11:55 PM
Hi! This is my first post here, but you don't have to spare me, I prepared myself mentally for weeks before I finally hit the new thread button.

I did that for a 15 second animation at school (you can see it in the movie gallery section of www.nadcentre.com). I did the animation with Simon Des Rosiers, but this part, the batmobile, I did completely. It was modelled and textured in Soft 3D (3.9.2) but I juste recently rendered this pic in XSI, by importing the old Soft 3D scene. In the animation, we had to composite that over a camera projection from a photo, so it still has the same lighting setup that we used for that.

Tell me what you think!

Tumerboy
09-25-2002, 01:56 AM
NICE! :P DU-NA NA NANANA NANA NA . . . BAT MAN!

Beastie
09-25-2002, 02:43 AM
sweet ass image! Old school batman, woo hoo! :thumbsup:

PureFire
09-25-2002, 03:05 AM
kewl model...but why is it skidding backwards?

GeneralLethal
09-25-2002, 06:49 PM
Tumerboy: Thanks! Nice Gir icon, by the way, did you cut out eachframe one by one?

Big D: Thanks!

PureFire: Thanks. But actually it's not skidding backwards, it was just parked in reverse.

Bjolletts
09-25-2002, 08:08 PM
Sweet stuff :p

Got to love that old Batman stuff ... Looks like you caught Batman's eh ... "Homer Simpson physique" like he hade in the old TV-series.

Great work !

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edge
09-26-2002, 08:41 AM
Great job on the Batmobile !
He looks really good, and you used a special rendering system to my opnion, because when you look at it swiftly it almost looks painted. :D

Really great to see somebody who is original enough to model an old school kick ass ride like the Batmobile.
Can you post some more views?
Oh, and not to be a critic but : the parking in reverse?..... hmmm.
I would change that part. I know Batman is fast with his ride, but I've never seen him park somewehere backwards :)

Keep it up, cheers.

ACFred
09-26-2002, 09:14 AM
Sweet vehicle. Nice job all 'round. Brings back memories. I used to have a stainless steel toy (around 12 or 14 inches long) of the TV show Batmobile. The little pipes in the back shot out little red darts. Too cool.

Again, nice job!

Oh, hey! What's with the skid mark in front of the tires like that?

Now let's see Batgirl's motorcycle next!

Alec

navalguijo
09-26-2002, 10:51 AM
I only Have a Question....

I really like the model and also the render...But it is only Render?

I mean...Did you introduce any kind of Postproduction? Photoshop?

:thumbsup:

RobinOberg
09-26-2002, 11:19 AM
60's batman is the best batman :)

*POW!*
*BOOM!*
*SPAGHETTI!*

;)

GeneralLethal
09-26-2002, 01:08 PM
Ok, no more skid marks!

Edge: I'll try to render some more views and see if they're any good. The interior is not detailed since we didn't see it in the animation. The rendering system was quite normal but maybe it's the lighting? I used a light dome for that one.

ACFred : Thanks! As for Batgirl's motorcycle, hmm maybe. Wonder if I can find as many reference pictures as I found for the Batmobile though.

navalguijo: Well, the onlything I did in Photoshop was to put the batmobile and the shadow layer together, and correct a weird specular.

RobinOberg: Kaplang!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.