PDA

View Full Version : Animation in India: Some woes too

godgodgod
03-23-2005, 11:00 AM
http://in.rediff.com/money/2005/mar/18spec2.htm
India's animation industry is seeing an unprecedented boom time, but the sector is also facing several challenges these days.

In the last few years, India has emerged as a global powerhouse in technology development. But experts say that unlike animators in countries like China, South Korea or the Philippines, Indian animators have not been exposed to animation films.

"It is a relatively new industry. Not much animated stuff is locally available in India. The only experience most animators have are from commercials and special effects fields," points out Abraham Ninan, an animation consultant working in Bangalore.
http://im.rediff.com/money/2005/mar/18spec2.jpg

Cameo
03-23-2005, 11:06 AM
I'm getting a sense of Deja-vu at this 'news' isnt this what you said here?

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=220373

karthikarctic
03-23-2005, 12:14 PM
yeah india is gr8! at animation

Pilchard
03-23-2005, 04:12 PM
I'm getting a sense of Deja-vu at this 'news' isnt this what you said here?

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=220373

were you holding a handbad up tight to your chest when you typed that. hehe

pappuftp
03-25-2005, 04:28 AM
yeah india is gr8! at animation

the price of democracy is that every body gets to speak
I wouldn't call India great at animation .. not yet anyway

Animation in the US of A is great.. funny how common the use of such superlatives is becomming nowadys

tjabba
03-25-2005, 05:35 AM
Look, Mr. godgodgod, how many Indians do you think are members here anyway? And how many of the rest of us do you really think care? Especially after like 10 similar threads in the last few months? Stop spamming us with the ups and downs of your local industry, and let's see some articles about animation in Mongolia or Greenland for a change.

Cameo
03-25-2005, 11:28 AM
were you holding a handbad up tight to your chest when you typed that. hehe

So you'd be happy to read a forum of news with only 3 topics spread over 25 threads?

Lorecanth
03-25-2005, 05:41 PM
This is spam. If I came here and blatantly advertised my company in the news section for self promotion the thread would be shut down. I see no reason to differentiate based on geography. Let your work stand for itself, post it in the gallerys. If you want to or need to mention what company you work for in your profile, fine. But stop with the grating, self praising crap.

guru-work
03-25-2005, 05:53 PM
This is spam. If I came here and blatantly advertised my company in the news section for self promotion the thread would be shut down. I see no reason to differentiate based on geography. Let your work stand for itself, post it in the gallerys. If you want to or need to mention what company you work for in your profile, fine. But stop with the grating, self praising crap.

nothing is spam...india the country is big..man power huge..only problem the proper animation environment and facilities are not available....its sad to even hear taht people have opened different bogus institutes to just fetch money from poor as well as talented indian artists.. i really pity on that ..because i am also in the same situation..

outoftheboxirritation
03-29-2005, 08:39 AM
I think this guy godgodgod is planning to start a new animation company or already started and want to make some news before he and his marketing guy comes to US for shopping.

Guys in US/UK... Be careful with all those Indians who approach you saying market is booming, Indian has this, my company has done animation for disney and all.... Even if they present an impressive showreel please cross check. Many who have no job here are starting up new new companies to make money just out of testing jobs itself. Whenever you pay a visit to this company in India, you will find lots of people sitting in front of machines with Maya open pretending that they are working. Please cross check. Call the animators in random order and put some questions. BE CAREFUL...

godgodgod
03-29-2005, 11:45 AM

I was just posting the News in the News Section which is not a spam or anything else. I am not responsible for what ever the news happen.

I think this guy godgodgod is planning to start a new animation company or already started and want to make some news before he and his marketing guy comes to US for shopping.

Outofthebox i think you must have been kicked out of jaadooworks:sad: , or you could't have made it into that company :eek: thats the reson ur makeing such a hell lot of noise against indian companies. Its ok i can understand the Fire in ur A**:bounce: . But things will go on good for you donot worry:) . as of now i am no way intrested in starting a company nor approch any other country of the projects:shrug: . So please do not assume any crap and post the same:scream: . PLease read the Guidlines before posting in this Wonderfull forum:thumbsup: . Sorry of the Irritation:love: .

s-rajesh78
03-29-2005, 12:27 PM
Compared to year 2000, right now we (Indian Animation Industry)have really improved ourselves,.... But miles to go in this CG industry afaik..

So cut this crap, and back to work my fellas, there's a long way to go...IMHO

Happy Animating,
s_rajesh78

CGTalk Moderation
03-29-2005, 12:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.