PDA

View Full Version : Master and Servant 2D Entry: Yaroslav Kravchenko

Pages : [1] 2

Slav
03-23-2005, 02:59 AM
Yaroslav Kravchenko has entered the Master and Servant 2D.

Challenge Page (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/masterandservant/view_entries.php?challenger=6129)

Latest Update: Final Image: THYN
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6129/6129_1116432465_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6129/6129_1116432465_large.jpg)

here it is... i would like to thank EVERYONE whom stopped by gave me crits and comments i LOVE you all!

and a special thanks goes to lynda. for her helpful info on brushes.

cheers.

sketchfiend
03-23-2005, 04:41 AM
Hey slav, good to see you here, goodluck with the comp.:thumbsup:

Tommy Lee
03-23-2005, 05:19 AM
Hey mate! Good Luck:thumbsup:

Cheerz

Tommy Lee

Slav
03-23-2005, 12:25 PM
tommy lee, sketchfiend: i am honored and surprised to get comments this early! i shall try to make this challange a good one. best of luck to you both i cant wait to see what this one awaits everyone.

Slav
03-29-2005, 03:21 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6129/6129_1112070081_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6129/6129_1112070081_large.jpg)

This would be the idea I am going to produce into a final rendering no idea what is going to be where but I got something in my head that I would like to see rendered.

I hope to follow up with more defined images soon, but for now I am just looking at setting up the mood and will work on the characters later one in the process. Perhaps this one is a bit too mellow I am going to try to alter everything so that it’s a bit more intense

enjoy, even though there is very little.

slav.

Aethyrprime
03-29-2005, 03:35 AM
Very abstract sketch. Nice work.

Slav
03-29-2005, 07:04 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6129/6129_1112083489_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6129/6129_1112083489_large.jpg)

a possible back drop i was thinking of going with but it seems like its a bit light and not moody enough for my taste.

still working on the color.

Slav
03-29-2005, 08:22 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6129/6129_1112088129_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6129/6129_1112088129_large.jpg)

after much fooling around with color i finally like this one... but maybe darken up the horizon a bit later on.

that's that for the night sleep well all.

Slav
03-30-2005, 12:38 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6129/6129_1112146706_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6129/6129_1112146706_large.jpg)

a conceptual sketch of the creature i did a few days ago but really only got around to scanning it in tonight. any who i hope you enjoy this little update.

thanks for dropping by.
slav.

element5
03-30-2005, 12:43 AM
Just getting a place on your thread.... nice start :thumbsup:

Slav
03-30-2005, 05:19 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6129/6129_1112163596_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6129/6129_1112163596_large.jpg)

well this is going to be the line art for the creature. i am not sure what to do with him right now as for the reason being that the backdrop is not yet done but only in mere rough stages, so i am just going to post it blank.

enjoy.

Slav
03-30-2005, 05:21 AM
||)|\/||^| thanks alot for the support its not so abstract now though. :)

thanks for dopping by element5 nice to see you again. :) best of luck and again... thanks.

SideAche
03-30-2005, 05:30 AM
Hey Slav, good to see you. I really like that back view of the creature. Great structure!

Slav
03-31-2005, 02:14 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6129/6129_1112238873_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6129/6129_1112238873_large.jpg)

extended the image a bit started work on the cloud formation and misc elements in the image 2nd figure on the way.

Slav
03-31-2005, 02:17 AM
Hey Slav, good to see you. I really like that back view of the creature. Great structure!

thank you sideache i will try to finish my work this time around last time i had school getting in the way this time i am all free :D

we will see how it turns out. thanks for the support.

Arc80
03-31-2005, 02:31 AM
I'm liking your color so far dude. Your creature is very interesting to look at. can't wait to see more.

GoodLuck,
Archie

CoreyArtE
03-31-2005, 02:33 AM
whoah those colors are simply breath taking..especially the colors near the tree trunk..Wow you got a fan in me! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :scream::eek::bounce: :eek: :scream: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

maozao
03-31-2005, 02:38 AM
hey man, nice work really liked it, some awesome lightinig :)

good luck

Slav
03-31-2005, 02:03 PM
Arc80: thanks for your support and comment :)

CoreyArtE: thanks alot mate. i means a great deal. i will try my best to not disappoint. :D

maozao: thank alot mate. i am trying to capture an atmosphere hopefully a dramatic one.

best of luck to all you guys. if you are takeing part.

NOOB!
03-31-2005, 02:09 PM
whoa! this is looiking great!

Slav
03-31-2005, 02:13 PM
he he speedy replay thanks ALOT for droppin by noob.

would love to hear what some of you guys think in turms of constructive crits?

NOOB!
03-31-2005, 02:16 PM
i'm not quite sure what ur story is??

care to explain? then people will be able to give u stronger crits or ideas.

Slav
03-31-2005, 02:26 PM
you know... ill have to write one up. the idea is there but nothing orginsed and in detail. :)

i guess that's a start ... drop by later on i should have something in the next update i hope. i got some guests comming over soon and got to run around clean this dump up a bit.

high five~! any idea how long the story should be? i dont want to have to write a novel for this... maybe 300-400 words, i was never sure about that aspect of the challenge nor could i really ask anyone.

calisto-lynn
03-31-2005, 02:33 PM
wow, man, im quite impressed by your works. they all have an atmosphere. truly great...

NOOB!
03-31-2005, 02:35 PM
well u don't have to have a *story* as such,just a short description of whats happening and why its happening.

Slav
03-31-2005, 02:53 PM
NOOB: ok so no novel :D i can do a short description. thanks alot you dont know how much i needed that. just a bit of clarity. you're the best mate.

calisto: thanks once i start putting all the elements together the image it self should start taking from... but like noob said 1st i have to make witht he description :D. thanks alot for dropping by!

oatz
03-31-2005, 03:20 PM
That's a beautiful pallette you have working for you. I'd agree that you're story shouldn't be too long, but I think if you pull of the piece you shouldn't have to read the description in the end. But for now, it would be nice to know where you're going with it.

Slav
03-31-2005, 03:32 PM
oatz: thanks alot for dropping by 1st off.. also i completely agree with yuo on the story i never really thought of it like that mostly because i look at the image itself and try to figure out what's happeneing in it. never the less ill post a paragraph or so to describe roughly what is goin gon within the image. the bad thing about posting a story is that the final image is always subject to change from the ones in the beginning. i dont want to restrict myself but it would also be a nice guide to follow incase i get side tracked in some areas.

again thanks for dropping by and all your support. come back soon ... yea hear!?

Miyagu
04-01-2005, 12:06 AM
great colors! :) i want to see more!!! good luck!

Slav
04-01-2005, 12:43 AM
thanks alot for the support.

sketchfiend
04-01-2005, 01:32 AM
Awesome sketchwork on the tree trunk monster, the detail and characterisation is great, would love to see you work that into the composition somehow. The colours in the palette youre working with are probably some of my favourite colours, i absolutely love the sky at sunset. We get some awesome colours in our skys in the southern hemisphere. Keep it up slav, looks great.:thumbsup: :applause: :beer:

Slav
04-01-2005, 01:17 PM
Awesome sketchwork on the tree trunk monster, the detail and characterisation is great, would love to see you work that into the composition somehow. The colours in the palette youre working with are probably some of my favourite colours, i absolutely love the sky at sunset. We get some awesome colours in our skys in the southern hemisphere. Keep it up slav, looks great.

indeed sunsets are great. i might redraw someof the bottom elements of the tree later on (i have guests from another country to entertain right now ^_^ ) i am not liking the way the roots are flowing into the ground so that's going to have to be changed as for the monster composition i am working on the figure that is supposed to go with the creature so i just cut him how and will start on their colors asap (next week it seem like) the sun sets are mostly cut out by the sky scrapers in TO so i dont get to see that many. you are lucky for having a place where they can be clearly view'd. thanks again mate. :scream: :beer:

Morgy
04-01-2005, 11:05 PM
Whooo-ah! :applause: I've always been envious of the people who use colours so freely. I'm a graphic artist and colour like a computer: 1 flat colors 2 shading 3 ......bump mapping etc.:rolleyes: Well, I'd like to see the whole composition before to say something more. Good luck!

MechaHateChimp
04-03-2005, 06:20 AM
Yaroslav, thank you for your comments! I am going to make a few changes to my image based on them.

As far as your image so far....dude, that bg is beautiful even in its rough stage... the colors are outstanding. The creature is looking great as well, very Carlos Huantes. Im looking forward to see how you incorporate it into the background.

I feel you on not finishing the last challenge... I did the same. This time around its a little less hectic in my life so Im gonna keep motivated and follow through. Stick with it bro, with your talent, I know youll come correct with excellent work. Cheers! -J

R-K
04-03-2005, 06:41 AM
nice work on the clouds. I don't see the human character though, it bothers a bit ;D

Good colors, though you should avoid using smudge in that tree, you lose texture with so much of smudge.

Keep working!

Slav
04-03-2005, 02:24 PM
Morgy: they there, thanks for the support i have spent most of the time to this point trying to work out a color palatte mostly because that is the most time consuming elements at least for myself in any image. so i dont really know we'll see where this image takes me.

Mecha Hate Chimp: yes the last challenge was rather disappointing for me at best. i should be able to finish everything i start but in between school running around looking for a job which i have yet to find and other small misc things that had to be done i kind of overlooked the deadline. i really do detest when that heppens. but you are right, i hope for everyone that this challenge is better in all respects. again thanks ALOT for the support.

Ranath: HA! actually its on the way i want to get the bg out of the way 1st so that i can start working on the figures. i hope to do that soon! and you shall be bothered no longer! :) as for the texture ... its not there becase i didnt draw it out yet actually i dont smudge... infact i hate the smudge tool in photoshop its horrible and takes way to long for the meager results it produces. shall keep working at it.

BlackDidThis
04-04-2005, 06:33 AM
I think I could say that you have introduced a discriptive enough concept that would allow you the flexibility to change your elements as you go by.

Inspite your fantasy world depiction (not to mention the creatures!) and the palet with vibrant colours.. the hues of chrome yellow just got me to picture the portreys of the whee fields of the southern states of America with a majority of black slaves working under the hot sun.

Now that you have the story up and running, It was very intresting to hear a ocncpet falling not too far from it.

At this point it is not too easy to criticise anything. I have to say that I like the colours, and I like the sketches.

Lets see where it is all getting to!:thumbsup:

Black

wonlife
04-04-2005, 10:44 AM
amazing work ! good luck :bounce:

Tommy Lee
04-04-2005, 10:59 AM
I am impressed... very beautyfull work till now:thumbsup:

I'll just sit back and enjoy the show!

ldgree
04-04-2005, 12:15 PM
Very good history , i love the colors too.. :applause: :bounce:

Slav
04-04-2005, 10:46 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6129/6129_1112654776_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6129/6129_1112654776_large.jpg)

i have been getting closer and closer to finally starting the foreground elements (the main figures) and i have come to a dead end, i cannot decided if i should chop off the trees excess root or not. i was hoping for some feed back if it should go stay or somehow reworked, anything at this point would be awesome from you guys.

--

Slav
04-04-2005, 10:54 PM
BlackDidThis: you are right i am just working and ask for crits when i need them... as for the palette, i tried to get as close to pastel colors as i could. i have been working quite a long time with pastels and the results i like with them even more so then oils. indeed i too will see where this thing takes me... thus far however i am liking how its turning out.

wonlife: thanks alot for dropping by and your support!

Tommy Lee: Thanks alot tommy, i really started digging your work after i seen it in the machineflesh challenge ... been a fan of yourself and a bunch of other artists ever since. I must say its kind of you to stop by and support me as well.

ldgree: Thanks indeed. now i need some porage and butter.

Rudeone
04-04-2005, 11:02 PM
Hi Slav, cool story you got there. I really like those clouds in the background, very dynamic and dramatic. As for your question, I would go for the second one, it looks like it's walking and like it's a living and breathing creature, well the first one looks like a tree-creature too, but the second one has a little more life in it, very cool IMO.

Keep em coming:thumbsup:

jmBoekestein
04-04-2005, 11:28 PM
With! definitely with, more complexity and really cool gnarly look.

I really love the colours you are using! It's going to be great. :cool:

Slav
04-05-2005, 01:11 AM
Rudeone: thanks alot mate. i guess i am going to stick with it... but i really dont like the flow of that part of the tree... ill just rework it. thanks alot for the the suggestion its just what i needed.

jmBoekestein: thanks alot mate for the 2nd opinion i was not sure about it myself and could not make up my mind. :thumbsup:

chinbig2000
04-05-2005, 04:11 AM
nice work.
I really like sky colors.

Keep working! :applause:

Arc80
04-05-2005, 05:31 AM
what's up dude,

personally, i would go with B, because the tree feels more alive and it adds a certain compositional element that makes your composition stronger. It also adds a certain action and emotion to it. A is too balance and a bit static. So i would definately go with be. It's a lot more interesting to look at when there are different kinds of shapes.

cheers,
Archie

BlackDidThis
04-05-2005, 05:58 AM
I think you would be doing wise to be sticking with it (version B I mean). It has a beautiful shape.

But I have to also mark that it has a too demanding colour on it. The only problem with your settings is that everything is coloured beautiful, and jumps into the foreground. The only issue of depth would be the perspective you stayed loyal to.

I think it would be a good idea to sort of introduce tints of pale blue to the roots starting from the ground it is raising from. Sort of like adding a touch of mist.
All of this to be as subtle as you may ofcourse.. all depending on how distant you would want the tree to be.

And I believe that this would ensure that you don't have the roots interfier to the foreground characters as much.

Looking Great!

Black

Slav
04-05-2005, 07:02 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6129/6129_1112727743_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6129/6129_1112727743_large.jpg)

i finally got around this morning to sketch out the figures in their final positions and poses i am feeling really good about it now... still the right side of the foreground needs a bit of work but i have not touched it as of right now. i will probably go in and tighten up the sky one more time before i start the figures though. so to give a general idea of what’s really going to be going on in the image... i updated with this one. (keep in mind that i am yet to change the tree because i really dont like the way its flowing i like the bottom right side but the left and top just dont speak to me.) any who its yet another update for you guys so enjoy!

cheerios.

Slav
04-05-2005, 07:13 PM
chinbig2000: thanks alot for your support ill keep them comming as often as i can. :thumbsup:

Arc80: thanks alot bud ill keep that in mind when i finally start working on that thing ... as things stand right now i want to work out another form for the tree... its a big part of the image since they are stepped masters and slaves... like a stair case of the chain of life they in essance they are all slaves of thier world... and yet they come of as masters in many aspects as indeviduals.

BlackDidThis: good observation, it does kind of jump to the front... ill probably add a layer of haze to the horizon line once i finish with the sky... no doubt about the fact that you are right :buttrock: for some reason the tree just doesnt speak to me... i dont know why. there is a 99% chance i am going to change the shape of it. oh well... i hope its going to turn out alright.

Gamoron
04-05-2005, 07:39 PM
Well whatever you change about the tree to the right, I hope you don't remove it. The root system of its base looks really nice. Its very well rendered and has great depth to it. Looks almost 3d. Once you block in the characters it will probably help you decide what you want to do with it.
I bow to your sky. it looks incredible. Makes me think of Dali. I think because I always loved his skies, and I feel the same about yours. There is a lot of power to it even in its unfinished state.
:beer:

spacesnail
04-05-2005, 09:45 PM
One word : wow:applause:

Looking forward to updates

spacesnail
04-05-2005, 10:28 PM
Just one thing : your avatar remind me of a comic : Moonshadow.

Virtuoso
04-05-2005, 10:36 PM
Hi Slav........I really like the mood and tone you have set up....."B" was a great choice,,the root system is very nice and stands out.....I like the set up you have with your scene too.....The colors you have or atmosphere is really impressive,and gives off a special kind of ambiance.....I'll be looking on for more,keep this up,real nice...........:thumbsup:

AlyFell
04-06-2005, 07:21 AM
The colours in this are looking great! And yes, I'm not sure about the tree.... there should be one there, but for some reason, it seems to balance the composition in a strange way... Perhaps shift the characters to the right, and alter the trees shape slightly, or reduce its scale... Looking forward to your update! :)

BlackDidThis
04-06-2005, 07:43 AM
... for some reason the tree just doesnt speak to me... i dont know why. there is a 99% chance i am going to change the shape of it. oh well... i hope its going to turn out alright... Well they say that shaping a bonzai is giving form to your spirit. The shape it gets is a mutual relationship to how the owner controls the upgrowth, and the tree balances the undergrowth. So you have to choose the tree that has the undergrowth to your spirits liking.

Just play around with a few sketches. The tree looks beautiful, but it is possible that it doesn't fit you. I am sure the result will look great none the less.
(With a little bit of fading to the back!:wip: =P )

Still staying tuned to see more!

Black

ebrowning
04-06-2005, 04:43 PM
Really cool image- reminds me of Dali. what if you took those characters and moved them way up in the foreground, they're the focus I'm assuming, and then you can really go nuts with the tree since it will be smaller no matter what (since it will read as background). Right now you have a lot of elements that are fighting to be the focus (the sky I'm thinking is the strongest element right now). If you keep your darkest darks and lightest lights up in the foreground with the characters I think that would also help a lot.
Can't wait to see more!

ms@zx
04-06-2005, 05:50 PM
looking good~~dang~the rendition for the clouds are awesome~http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gifthe overall mood is there..keep it going!

calisto-lynn
04-06-2005, 06:47 PM
you've got great sense for colours.:)

Slav
04-06-2005, 09:30 PM
Gamoron: i am working on the tree now and will post updates soon. Dali is quite something... there was really nothing like him before he came along and nothing really that even comes close to measuring up to him now. he is by a long shot a master of the 20th century.

spacesnail: thanks alot come back soon for the updates! as for my avatar you can check out my webpage go through the gallery it will not take long... you will find the picture its from

Virtuoso: thanks alot i for some reason really like trees... and this one is no different. they are the most abstract things in nature to me... i dont really even know why i see things like that. but you are right i will stick with the vB and try to improve upon it.

Poshspice: i will try to work you suggestions into it and see how it looks. i do agree witht he fact that the figures should be a bit more centered, but since i roughed thoes in for the sake of visualizing how they will look like its better i get comments and crits now then later :) for that i thank you.

BlackDidThis: well i didnt really make sketches but i just worked on the tree for a while and i am liking where its finally taking me. i think the next update will be one to my liking. yes you are right bonzai trees are very unique and that's partially why i chose that type of tree, reflection of not only natures will... but one's own personality.

ebrowning: oh man... heavy influence from Dali this challenge from many competitors... i try to shy away from his work because i dont quite understand it... but he is something else. i will probably introduce some kind of pale atmosphere later on to bring the figures out to the foreground even more... for now its fine i think... the sky is strong but the figures are going to have ... well i guess i shouldn’t give that one away just yet :) i can only say i will do my best and hope for the best.

ms@zx: thanks alot for dropping by mate. i hope to not disappoint.

calisto: thanks alot mate.

Slav
04-07-2005, 03:46 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6129/6129_1112845578_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6129/6129_1112845578_large.jpg)

i went ahead and moved everthing to the middle... the figures are now centered and not off the the left. the tree is comming together. for now here is some lineArt.

artjunkie
04-07-2005, 10:05 AM
Really great sketches and character designs! Nice composition too... and wonderful colours! I'll keep an eye on this from now on... keep it up!

Cheers!

nebezial
04-07-2005, 10:10 AM
OOOKaaayyy I get this straaangee feeling that this will come out to be an impressive piece of work!:thumbsup:

Slav
04-07-2005, 06:42 PM
artjunkie: hey thanks also mate. ill try to do so!

nebezial: well i hope to not disappoint such high expectations! i will do my best.

Slav
04-07-2005, 08:33 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6129/6129_1112906000_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6129/6129_1112906000_large.jpg)

well here you can see some work i did on the tree... that root is still bothering me so i am going to redraw it later on i am just blocking in the figures to give myself an idea what going to show and what is not... so i hope you enjoy. as for suggestions i am am always open to em so keep them comming!

paperclip
04-07-2005, 08:48 PM
Slav, hey!
Looking great so far, I love your color choices. The hand/mouth area is hard to figure out though but I'm sure you'll figure that out:)
I'll swing by every now and again. I really like the way this is going. It's cool!
Keep up the good work. Thanks for commenting on my thread, nice to get motivation from each other, isn't it?

Slav
04-07-2005, 08:51 PM
nice to get motivation from each other, isn't it?

indeed, it comes in short supply. we little artist poeple's have to stick together :P

ANARKY
04-07-2005, 08:57 PM
Hmmm, thats quite a surreal image. Not quite sure whats going on, but I like it! Good luck!

crowley
04-07-2005, 08:58 PM
Your work on the sky and the tree is really nice: the colors are wonderful. And I love the way the branch fades in the distance. Ho, and the roots looks good to me :)

NOOB!
04-07-2005, 09:05 PM
really nice work!

teknotek83
04-07-2005, 11:18 PM
That sure is a purdy sky, you've got there! Keep it going!http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

BlackDidThis
04-07-2005, 11:28 PM
This is turnign out really intersting. I just wanted to say that they seem to be fitting in very nicely. I am wondering where it is going to be leadingt to!

Black

Zephyri
04-08-2005, 12:14 AM
Nice to see this image coming together. I won't even begin to try and decipher it, this is the sort of picture that, without any explanation, could keep you coming up with any number of explanations and interpretations. All the elements seem to be nicely balanced though, the echoing of the tree's form in the way the woman is posed is a lovely touch. The extra left hand root of the tree seems to interefer a bit with her form, but I think if you remove it completely the tree would lack sufficient weight at the bottom.

The twisted distortion of the monster is a jarring counterpoint o the beauty of the girl too, again, hints at all kinds of interpretations, one of the reasons I love symbolic and surreal art, it actualy makes you stop and look and think, rather than just gloss over. Great work, it would be nice to see something like this do well in the final judging of the contest, as your techincal skills are up there with the best.

Arc80
04-08-2005, 01:41 AM
What's up dude,

Cool. This is coming out nicely and i do agree that it is looking kinda surreal... i like. I'm a big fan of surrealistic paintings (like Dahli). This is going to be a really good observation piece where you have to take your time and try to decipher the hidden meaning. Can't wait :thumbsup:

cheers,
Archie

Slav
04-08-2005, 03:10 AM
ANARKY: thanks allot for your support i had an explanation up on one of the posts i guess ill have to keep reposting it with the updates. thanks for that note.

crowley: thanks alot for your comments they do wonders for my self-esteem :)

NOOB!: thanks mate.

teknotek83: i will try my best right now i am kind of stuck i need some reference so might stall for a bit on the next update.

BlackDidThis: thanks alot for your support but for the life of me mate... i myself dont really know where this is leading me too...

Zepyhri: you know my original idea has changed so much since i 1st started drawing this .. well not really visually but maybe the story behind it... i like dynamic poses and creatures... anything that really speaks to me skies... moods stuff like that. actually that's the root i was talking about in the prior posts i am going to remove it and redraw something in its place... i dont think keeping the same feel of the image is going to change much since the root is now blocked by the figure... so ill add something else in its place but that issue is defiantly noted. as for everything else i dont think i will make the finals i never do... ever since the machine flesh challenge but doesnt mean i am not going to give it a try and hope for the best. in the case of my skills... actually i have started "CG" last year... and since i am young (compared to thoes in the field i am going to be 21 in about 20 days) with no real kind of name to myself i think this would be a great place to start showing off my art / conceptual capabilities and illustration skills in general...

Arc80: thanks again for your support mate... i will try to keep it light if i was aiming for a surreal work this would be filled with little things that hint on issues that range from life to imagination.

thanks again for the support everyone i just hope i can fill the shoes of expectation for everyone.

kornel
04-08-2005, 08:49 AM
You have a strange but interesting concept... I like it, even the colors too...

I'll keep my eyes on you

best: Kornél

(sorry for my poor english)

Slav
04-08-2005, 05:15 PM
HA! its quite alright mate... i dont mind at all... art has its own language and its not that of speach.

yea it diffrent to say the least and since i chosen a difficult angle of the face to render ill be caughing up flem and blood for a while till i get a girl i know to make me some reference!

other then that i hope it will start comming together nicely soon! :D

Gamoron
04-08-2005, 10:29 PM
Wow, Slav. Sweet and strange. Love it. Keep it coming, it's all looking good.

Maipiu
04-08-2005, 11:18 PM
Hi Slav,

i have seen your work in this threat,and i will say you that i like it really much.
I`m really courios of your final work....you are an really good Artist i think!!http://www.cgtalk.com/images/icons/icon13.gif

Greetings about Germany

Sandro Falcone FASA

SoniaNotRed
04-09-2005, 01:53 PM
Hello, Slav!

I just love that tree!
Great motion on the characters, too.

Good luck!:thumbsup:

black_bird
04-09-2005, 02:27 PM
thanks for posting on mine... I'm keeping it coming... so many project, so little time. Thought I'd check out yours... very surreal. I'm not exactly sure of where its going.. but I agree, the colors are great... I love that tree in the background! It totally looks like its going back into space and the lighting is awesome! keep up the good work!
-Black_bird

Slav
04-09-2005, 07:16 PM
Gamoron: thanks alot mate. had an accident the other day... i was working on the female figure and painter crashed on me... currupted the fire i was working on. i still have a backup but its not as upto date... sadly i have to start from the line work which i am going to redo anyways. :)

FASA: thanks alot for dropping by i hope i pointed you in the right direction with your thread and again... i cant thank you enough for your support.

SoniaNotRed: thanks alot for dropping by and taking interest :scream:

black_bird: yea after i get the figure's pose down the famales that is... i will start working on all the other misc element that i want to introduce into the foreground. right now its still in the workings :)

---

instead of breaking my computer out of frustration due to the latest setback... i deciided to take a little break the other day and just relax and watch tv talk to people... that kind of stuff.. little to my surprise my dad disagrees with my thoerys of what work is so we ended up getting into a big fight so no updates as of yet. but ill try to get some going as soon as i feel them worthy of 2ndary eyes.

NOOB!
04-09-2005, 07:17 PM
UPDATE!!!

before me and ur dad tag team ur ass!

lol joke.

Slav
04-09-2005, 07:20 PM
NOOB: LOL... yea i am trying oh man nothing like humor to lighten up the mood of extreme tension. thanks mate.

Arc80
04-09-2005, 08:51 PM
HAHAHA!!! That is so freakin funny... you can definately count on NOOB! to lighten up the mood definately. Yeah, put more updates bro.

cheers,
Archie

THE Wizard
04-10-2005, 12:35 AM
you know what's bad?! I have no crit. on this piece of art... I LOVE it so far! Nicely done...

grafik
04-10-2005, 06:52 PM
Hi

i like this set, good work on the colours, good luck

my MASTER & SLAVE:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?p=2138465 (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?p=2138465)

W-I-L
04-10-2005, 06:57 PM
nice stuff/.... scary.. colours are great and the composition works... good

Slav
04-10-2005, 09:22 PM
Arc80: yep great follow indeed. thanks for dropping by.. :) i will soon.

THE Wizard: thanks for your support mate. i will hope to get some updates later on today.

grafik: thanks alot for dropping by.

W!L: thanks for your support mate. come back soon!

Virtuoso
04-11-2005, 12:15 AM
Looking at your picture set up I got to thinking you could possibly create another tree like the one to the right.......They could both twine and twist there way towards one another,kind of meeting which each other in the center.........from left to right......I think they can give a nice frame to the rest of your creations......Ok.....just thinking out loud Slav......See you when you update....:thumbsup:

Slav
04-11-2005, 04:41 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6129/6129_1113194483_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6129/6129_1113194483_large.jpg)

this file is now in 3 seperate .psd files each around 300mb(uncompressed)... i had to do it this way because i only have 512 megs of ram :(

anywho this is after i lost the file with my original figure work, 3 days of reworking the figure and the foreground i am really liking the ways this is turning out. i have yet to work with the creature as of this point.

Arc80
04-11-2005, 11:04 AM
:scream: she's not wearing any underwear... hehe. Nice bro. She is looking really nice. I love her clothing and how it flows. The foreground elements are also blending in nicely with the whole background. Suggestion, the tree you have on the back, the edges in now very sharp, so you are loosing the sense of depth to your piece. So you might want to soften those edges. Oh yeah, just a reminder, don't forget to grab the same colour of lighting that you have with your piece and lay it on her. Looking great bro.

cheers,
Archie :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Beaner
04-11-2005, 11:53 AM
That beast is disturbing...me like it. I can't wait to see what this turns into! Good luck!

calisto-lynn
04-11-2005, 12:54 PM
nice work, i really like the girl, but she seems a bit cut off..

doin' great!:thumbsup:

Slav
04-11-2005, 07:42 PM
Arc80: last time i checked no we where not born in undies... :D but yea... good call on the tree i really should soften it up a bit the question is where and in what style... i guess ill work on that one later just want to get the detail at this point out of the way and leave the final touchups for the last streach. as for the girl looking out of place... that's because she is at this point... the price you pay for not having enough ram.... :) i had to draw her in a seprate file and copy/paste her in when i complied the preview... still i forgot one layer which i think i mentioned. none the less... consider all noted!!!

Beaner: thanks alot for dropping by and given me your support!

calisto: i know since i drew her in another file i kind of need to blend her in now... :) so i am working on that now. thanks for droppin by.

NOOB!
04-11-2005, 07:52 PM
i think the whole piece is a load of crap cos i'm jelous.

hahaha.i've sed that in many threads.

i luv it really.

last time i checked we weren't born equipped with pube shavers,i guess u let that slip with ur lady here.

hah!

Slav
04-11-2005, 07:57 PM
HA! shhhh... its better that way... "last time i checked we weren't born equipped with pube shavers,i guess u let that slip with ur lady here."

i shall keep at it. hopefully i will make it better.

Virtuoso
04-11-2005, 08:01 PM
Really coming along.....exceptional coloring of the lady.....growing up into something special...:arteest:

arkinet
04-11-2005, 09:32 PM
wowiee... awesome dude, i like the girl, can i borrow her? hehehe, really, i like the skin tone, clothes, etc., you really got it man... your beast's really weird, thats another word for unique:D ... great job!

THE Wizard
04-12-2005, 12:51 PM
AWSOME COLORING ON THE LADY, man! FANTASTIC!

Adamos
04-12-2005, 12:56 PM
Wow!

Vibrant colors and excellent action here! Looking forward to the final. You also did a magnificent job on the BG, just like Artjunkie! Really monumental! Love it.

I see the characters are waiting to be funked up, so I'll be checking on your progress later!

c-ya

Adam

noahwood
04-12-2005, 01:43 PM
Wow, I'm in awe of your rendering! It's coming along extremely well. The lighting is beautiful and the woman's figure is really exquisite. I can't wait to see what your finish looks like :)

Noah

Aradiael
04-12-2005, 02:03 PM
damn, but it's coming out incredible!:eek:
magnificent work on her, you have my compliments:thumbsup:

thanks, you gave me new fresh energy to use on my artwork. It seems I have a lot of hours of work in front of me....:banghead:

Gamoron
04-12-2005, 03:41 PM
She looks hot and very classical. Very contemporary. you've done a superb job on her Slav. I just wish she wasn't blocking that beautiful sunset you painted. This is looking very good. Excuse me everyone I have to go to the bathroom...

NickiB
04-12-2005, 04:20 PM
Had to give you a view - nice linework and great colourwork. The lady looks cool, awesome fabric - looking forward to next update!

spacesnail
04-12-2005, 09:15 PM
Wow better and better

Nice works on the lady:love:

lasting memories
04-12-2005, 09:33 PM
nice posing

BlacKeri
04-12-2005, 09:55 PM
Oh my goodness. That is definitely one of the best entries to the contest I have seen!
The woman is totally unbelievably well shaded, such realism! And surrealism at the same time. Just WOW.

Slav
04-13-2005, 12:02 AM
Virtuoso: i changed the lighting in the forground to something alot cooler but i guess all will see in the next update!

arkinet: NO SHE IS MINE! hmm no i am just kidding just dont wreck your monitor doing so :P *joke* thanks for all your support mate.

THE Wizard: i am happy you like it mate. and thanks alot for all your support.

Adamos: there is a bit of work to be done on the bg but none the less the only near finished elements are the figure and the sky at this point and time i dumped the pose of the creature and going to render out a new one this week.

noahwood: well sadly it will not be finished for quite some time. so bare with me there is much to do and little time to waist. :arteest:

Aradiael: i am happy to be a help with your inspiration now if i could find my own... i have to redraw the creature for the 4th time. :shrug:

Gamoron: thanks alot mate... she was kind of frustrating to paint.. considering that i have had limited reference too...

NickiB: sadly the linework to me anyways is completely usless i have never used it in this image is either for placing purposes or just pre vis rendering.

spacesnail: yea i have had a terrible time trying to get a preddy lady going for a while... i hope this breaks my streak.

lasting memories:thanks come back soon!

BlacKeri: i am very falltered. i shall try to not disappoint you or anyone else with the final image.

beelow
04-13-2005, 02:17 AM
Visually this a powerful image. I like it a lot. Keep up the good work.:thumbsup:

Slav
04-13-2005, 03:53 PM
beelow: thanks alotf or the support mate. i need a break though... i went through pages upon pages in my sketchbook trying to work out a decent pose 1st for the girl now its happeneing all over again for the creature.

suk-grigorij
04-13-2005, 04:49 PM
Good work, mate.:thumbsup: Do you speak russian?

Arc80
04-13-2005, 04:58 PM
Hey SLAV. Just wanted to drop by and say thanks for the suggestion. "Ahem" i posted the new piece that i'm also workin on... hehe. Still waiting for you update :D

cheers

arkinet
04-13-2005, 05:08 PM
i would suggest that you work on the relationship between the beast & the woman... kinda, fuzzy w/c is w/c... awesome job though:thumbsup:

Niorger
04-13-2005, 05:25 PM
this is just great man :)
the girl and the clouds are amazing !
good luck bro :)

Slav
04-13-2005, 07:17 PM
suk-grigorij: hello thanks for your support, yea i speak russian but i cant read or write since i left when i was 4.

Arc80: cool ill have to go check it out thanks for the heads up.

arkinet: well i written in my 2nd last post that i didnt like the monster and i was changing his pose, just incase you didnt run through it but its alright mate... ill try to get updates for everyone. :thumbsup:

Niorger: thanks alot for dropping by... thanks for the support and all other such things :)

crowley
04-13-2005, 07:36 PM
I hate you sooo much ;)
This is getting absolutely awesome. Can't wait to see more :thumbsup:

eparts
04-13-2005, 09:46 PM
this has improved alot since my last visit! I am impressed by your level of detail and realism on the girl in the foreground. i love her pose.. looking so playful and still ignorant. her clothes are so good shaded! interresting background with the shifting sky
keep it that way and the image will rock!

Rook
04-13-2005, 11:26 PM
Those skin tones are looking pretty cool.

Slav
04-14-2005, 10:42 PM
crowley: thanks alot mate i am working on the creature ... for the 4th time around. so ill post some updates when i am done the lines.

eparts: thanks for your support mate... i will try to not let anyone down and will work as hard as i can to get this thing done.

Rook: thanks for dropping by.

Mordalles
04-14-2005, 11:00 PM
simply fantastic. 1st time i see youre thread, and im so glad i did!

korayarts
04-14-2005, 11:56 PM
I like your consept and coloring...keep it up...good luck..

Trower
04-15-2005, 12:05 AM
Although I haven't come to any hard and fast conclusions surrounding the beast within your piece... I have to say that the female and almost every other aspect are shaping up superbly.

I am expecting to have my personal-tastes-wthin-fantasy-art, challenged by your piece... with you and your work reigning victor.

Best of luck, lovely work.

Respectfully. :)

Slav
04-15-2005, 03:13 AM
Mordalles: i am glad you decided to drop by too! come back soon!

korayarts: thanks for all your support.:)

Trower: thanks alot mate... i cant really ... nor want to ... start think about how many hours i have spent to this point getting this image to where it is... or how many more hours are ahead of me... but i shall do my best to just finish. :thumbsup:

jugeras
04-15-2005, 03:55 AM
its coming along reallly nicely especially the lady. cheers man

kaparo
04-15-2005, 01:24 PM
Hi Slav. I like your piece a lot! Very surreal and theatrical. I like the little elemnts and people around the slave in the ground as I could see in your lineart. The girl is amazing. Great body movement, volume and color. I just feel that they do not interact too much. I woudl prefeer if the alien will be facing her in some servant attitude or something. Well, just a comment. It is going great anyway! Congratulations!

DelanoyaR
04-15-2005, 02:18 PM
good sketchs good technique. I liked the girl figure.
Keep up good work pal . . .:thumbsup:

Enayla
04-15-2005, 02:43 PM
So beautiful and so energetic! I just love her pose!

I'm a bit hesitant about her skin colours, though - don't get me wrong, they're stunning, but they don't entirely seem to fit into the image (most of the light being orange-toned, it seems, and her skin being quite bluish). Maybe try to bring in a bit more orange or red into the skin tones, while still keeping them pale and cold in colour.

Stunning work, either way :]

Neozoom
04-15-2005, 02:51 PM
mm I love the girl.... but anyway somethin hurts me...

Have you really painted the girl? because you putted this picture without any WIP on the girl before ... we see it finish altought the rest isn't.. and seeing the sketch of the monster and your other works (by searching on cgtalk...) I can't see how you could paint this...

Even I am wrong... It is just a question... because I feel strange about it... nothing is finished and you put all at once the girl finished and painted nearly as enayla's level :)
you might outdid yourself to do this...

It is possible after all... i just want some precision... or even some wips of the girl?

Hope I don't hurt you man ... ;)
anyway great composition...

artjunkie
04-15-2005, 05:00 PM
Wa-hoo! Dude, I'm impressed with how far this has come since last I visited! Keep goin'... this piece is going to be killer!!!

Especially love the new pose for the woman... very classical feel and nice drapery! That's something I'm gonna struggle with in my piece... damn fabric! LOL.

Will check back for your updates...

Cheers!

suk-grigorij
04-15-2005, 05:38 PM
C'mon update. Wanna see what you got more.

My M&S thread http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=224891&page=1&pp=20

Aethyrprime
04-15-2005, 05:51 PM
Looking good. Sorry to hear about your file loss.. happened to me last challenge. This time I have been more careful... :) Great work on that figure....hella good painting... looking forward to the rest.

Slav
04-15-2005, 07:32 PM
jugeras: thanks mate... i will update soon!

kaparo: i have actually took that advice i think someone siad that before (earlier post) that they should interact more so i was forced to reword the creature for the 4th time from scratch. ill post updates on that as soon as i block the thing in... line work for him is done.

DelanoyaR: thanks for all your support! come back soon!

Enayla: thanks for dropping by linda it means a great deal since i really admire you as both an artist and person. when i posted this peice there was a layer missing ... so to describe it generally there is going to be another light source infront of her ... cool white light that's why she seems off right now... much work to be done on here toning and other such things. i feel ill thinking about how much work is left on her. :( but anyways i really do hope you come back and visit once i get new updates going. :thumbsup: would mean alot.

Neozoom: actually since i really have no name i get asked that quite a fair bit... so i really dont know if i should be flattered or insulted... but i could post some detail, line work and sketches i did when i was making here i hope that helps. i was just too frustrated to make updates because it was right after i lost 8 hours of work on this image... stupid painter crashing... thanks for dropping by.

artjunkie: thanks alot for all your support mate! i really hope to get some actual progress updates going soon... stupid school KOTOR and new galleries that opened up down here are stealing my time like its nothing. :-\

suk-grigorij: i want too but there nothing worthy of updating as of right now... just working out some colors issues and pose issues... background and stuff like that too... when i do i hope its going to be a major one :)

||) |V| |^|: yea man... its a real bummer considering that i saved and everything... painter crashes and currupts the file last used... its TERRIBLE! NEVER again with painter 8 :(

Neozoom
04-15-2005, 07:39 PM
OK SLAV ;) no prob I believe you . And I really know those stupid painter crashes ... :/
sace every 20minutes guy :)

anyway i love your comp.
Don't feel insulted please... it wasn't the aim...

see ya

Slav
04-15-2005, 07:42 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6129/6129_1113594147_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6129/6129_1113594147_large.jpg)

here is some line work i did for the female figure it shows some of the sketches i considered when i was designing the character. since it was pointed out that i have no WIP of the female figure i decided to update a step behind... i scanned some sketches of the actual line work i used to make her.. and other sketches that i thought of maybe using.

Slav
04-15-2005, 07:57 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6129/6129_1113595061_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6129/6129_1113595061_large.jpg)

here is a 100% capture of a couple of shots on the female figure :)

Korline
04-15-2005, 09:33 PM
really nice looking piece, stunning looking girl, want to see how all this gona blend together

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=224972

victim335
04-15-2005, 09:36 PM
Great! Like the concepts, and composition reminds me of Salvador Dalis famous 'dream...'. You got me interested. Gonna read the whole therad from the biginning on my spare time ;)
[and uh um, just curious you have some very interesting name and last name for a canadian - udachi tebe bratan - if you know what I mean :)]

arkinet
04-15-2005, 09:38 PM
nice detail slav, that clarifies some doubts... excellent!!

Agent-Orange
04-15-2005, 10:23 PM
I like the lighting you got going on ..

Are you going to make the dark clouds stormy with lighting bolts ???

Awesome work

Slav
04-15-2005, 10:25 PM
Korline: HA! you and me both pal... i have no idea sometimes where this image is taking me.

victim335: dali is a great man indeed. but i am not hinting towards any of his work. i think he is unique and honestly if i even did say that i saw the world like he did... and had a style of art resembling his own... i would be untruthful.

arkinet: yes i hope it does too... i just try to eliminate any kind of doubt, especially on this matter.

Agent_Orange: i just noticed your post and honestly would like to address it... so that you dont feel like i ignored you. no there will not be any storms in this image... the left side is as things look now completely dedicated to the creature and maybe some backdrop to push a few elements back... i am quite happy with the sky but there will be more elements that will block out more of the sky on that side that's why i dont think there is a need to refine it further.

Arc80
04-16-2005, 02:52 AM
Bro, thanks for the critzs on my stuff. No critzs here. Just want to say Man, you got some nice quick sketches there and the details on her dress looks really nice. You can really tell what the fabric is made out of. Very nice texture painting on that dude. I can't wait to see the whole piece bro. :thumbsup:

cheers

BlackDidThis
04-16-2005, 08:55 AM
WOW!!

Nice photograph.. errr painting of the girl.. the texture and settings in her gown is outstanding. But at the moment not really complimentary to the rest.. or vise versa, the rest being not too complimentary to her.. are you planning on blending things in? Or do you like the shcoking feel she gives out, demanding us to believe it is a pasted photo than anything else?

Things started out odd, and are sure keeping to that pace.. but with well talents in display!:bowdown:

Great so far!!

Black

APHA
04-16-2005, 09:04 AM
I see some wild forms, nice compositions...
GoodLuck!

NOOB!
04-16-2005, 03:04 PM
dali is a great man indeed. but i am not hinting towards any of his work.

u have lost my respect.

:twisted:

calisto-lynn
04-16-2005, 06:21 PM
cool stuff. i love the fabric.:)

element5
04-16-2005, 11:08 PM
Enloying the process Slav Colouring looks great :thumbsup:

Zephyri
04-17-2005, 01:14 AM
Wow... that is incredible. If I said earlier that it would be nice to see this do well in the challenge, then now, surely it deserves to! This is turning into one of the best entries around here slav. The shading of the woman and her clothing is nothing short of masterly, I just adore the green and blues you've got in the lower half of her dress. Repeating the root forms of the tree under her is another nice touch to bring unity to the over all image.

If you get the rest of it finished to the same high standard as the background and the woman, damn, it will be simply amazing. I have to ask, did you use any reference when colouring the woman? Because if that's straight out of your head, there is no hope for me! You're an inspiration, keep up the amazing work.

goktugg
04-17-2005, 01:42 AM
firstly very nice and so cool detail.:thumbsup: i like so much..
.your sketchs are looking good...*nice drawings and coloring....good luck mate!... i`m looking forward to see your next update:)

Slav
04-19-2005, 03:57 AM
Arc80: thanks allot mate... and again thanks for dropping in for the check up.

BlackDidThis: yea... thanks for the vote in confidence... instead of arguing however ill just keep working on the image. never the less thanks for coming by and checking out the update.

APHA: thanks mate. you too.

NOOB!: well that sucks... i cant really tell how i did but ok... carry on. :)

calisto: thanks for the support come back soon!

element5: thanks mate... i thank you for stopping by, it means a great deal.

Zepyhri: thanks for dropping by 1st off... i have a custom palette i use for the the skin tones... darks shadows usually come from the surrounding area near the figure... i used a reference for the fabric i stole my sister shirt and took some towel for the lower gown... as for the rest of the body... nothing more then a mirror and few photos i took of my friend.
honestly i think i over worked the female and i would really hate to work that long on the creature but as things stand right now i sure as hell have the time... so why not. :)

goktug: thanks for the support mate. come back soon for the updates.

-00-

well ill try to get an update mid this week if anyone is still interested ... i figured instead of my justifying myself to everyone ill just keep working. any who... ill go back to doing so now... cheerio!

wonlife
04-19-2005, 06:01 AM
Your updates are impressive, keep it up :thumbsup:

BlackDidThis
04-19-2005, 08:19 AM
"Instead of argueing"? You lost me there.
I totally agree on you keeping on working on the image... But I hope you didn't see anything to be argued about in what I wrote. As really none was intended.

Good luck!

Black

PeterSanitra
04-19-2005, 09:34 AM
Very Good! one of my favorite!

Slav
04-19-2005, 02:50 PM
wonlife: thanks for the support, and will try with the updates.

BlackDidThis: i guess, but i have really been on edge with all of this. oh well i got to keep my composure. thanks mate.

Darkone2652: thanks mate... come by again soon!

TheFirstAngel
04-19-2005, 02:55 PM
awesome work Slav. love the way it turns out, the female looks most sensual and sweet, and the towels have a great flow. the composition works well and i love the all over flow you're painting things out, short, rocks!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
keepi it up mate!

spacesnail
04-19-2005, 03:18 PM
Speechless.....

Finally i found what your picture reminds me of: "The afternoon of a Faun", Shakespear i presume :wise:

Go go go

Slav
04-20-2005, 07:16 AM
the1st_angel: thanks alot for checking it out mate. means a great deal. little to say about it but i changed so many things... that its just changing the whole tone of the image. so just sit back and enjoy the ride!

spacesnail: thanks man ... t'is a great compliment to hear after the bashing of my image. i admire shakespear very much... a true master unlike anyother.

Slav
04-20-2005, 07:26 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6129/6129_1113981970_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6129/6129_1113981970_large.jpg)

changed the creature again... didn’t like the fact that she was more erotic then a caster so i changed the position of her hand ... added a few background elements. Flattened some layers by mistake, mostly due the computer speed. This image i captured a few days ago well.. no more like a week ago now... but its going pretty much in the same direction at the moment with different colors for the creature ... the girl just has a more defined arm hand face ... going to work more on the roots see if i can fix them up ... i don’t like the way they are coming out.

that's all for now. cheerio.

Muttonhead
04-20-2005, 07:30 AM
Wow, this is a neat piece!

My only suggestion is to bump up the blue values in her face because right now, her face looks like it is lit with a white light, as compared to the blue light on the arms, and I would assume her face would catch the same light as the arms.....

Also, I know this is subjective, and maybe I am the weirdo for noticing, but one of the root branches from the tree behind her appears to go right into her rear, and then it seems to terminate there. It is just noticeable because that branch seems to go out vertically more than any of the other branches.

Can't wait to see where this goes!

-Sean

xric7
04-20-2005, 08:29 AM
:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:
i lovvvve this
wonderful work!!
can't wait to see more

my master and servant 2d
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=227677 (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=227677)

JimmiMak
04-20-2005, 08:43 AM
As has been mentioned on this thread already.. the girl is almost photo-realistic, some fantastic detail going on!!.. I think once you nail the creature, you will have a really strong composition... Just out of interest, is the girl floating?.. Just from a "laws of physics" point of view.. which I suppose should never be applied to art, she appears to be unsupported:shrug: .. Let me know:D !

I like the creature as it reminds me of the massive one eyed sword in that game that used to be on the SEGA-Dreamcast (don't ask me what it was called, was like streetfighter with sticks lol). Nice idea!

As to the actual relationship.. I think I need to read your explanation on it, as I'm yet to "feel it" just by looking...

Hope to see updates soon as this is turning into a really high quality entry!!

Regards
Jimmi:thumbsup:

tuck
04-20-2005, 09:45 AM
Really like the way u work on for the color.:thumbsup:

Rudeone
04-20-2005, 11:08 AM
wow, great progress man! I really like how you rendered the girl, the sky is looking great!

birdybear
04-20-2005, 02:18 PM
You have incredible lighting and I think your composition is getting stronger. Wow! :applause:

Arc80
04-20-2005, 03:06 PM
Oooh, what do we have here, a cool light source. Very nice, it's a good way to grab the audience attention. I like what you did at the background too. Awesome add ons dude.
Just a small critzs, the right arm of the female is a little thick and watch out for tangency with the background tree and the moster's thingy. You'll see it in the middle of the page.
Other than that, you're piece is looking tiiight. I can really feel the depth now that you added some elements on the background and foreground. WICKED :thumbsup:

cheers :buttrock:

Falcorr
04-20-2005, 03:08 PM
Great work!

Really confusing looking character you have there.. Dont understand it a bit, but ill wait and see :thumbsup:

Very nice rendering on the human. Wouldnt mind to receive all your leftover skill.

Slav
04-21-2005, 12:48 AM
Muttonhead: what awful timing you have for noticing such details... i cant do much on changing it now because i flattened the tree layer by mistake.. :( but as for the rest of the suggestion you have ill must say those where defiantly something’s i was going to look into working out. Thanks for the impute it.

xric7: thanks for the support... i will post updates but i don’t think its going to happen anytime soon.

JimmiMak: well about the roots they are not fully worked out yet as a matter of fact the characters in general are only maybe 20% done... if i was even able to say how far along they are from 1-100. Physics? i only apply those when i work in 3d. i like my 2d to defy anything humanly or physically possible. Period. :) and for the photorealism, if i knew it was not allowed then i would not go after it... but since there was nothing of the sort stated in the rules... here you have my visualization. the relationship between the female figure and the creature is mostly going to be based on the vortex is not done... so you are going to be waiting for that one... lastly i never really played console games back then... i was more into the whole doom franchise... so i would really not know what you are talking about. never the less thanks for dropping by and sharing your opinion.

tuck: thanks for the support mate. come back soon!

Rudeone: Thanks alot there is much work to be done on the female figure however... so sit tight and ill lavish you with updates! :)

birdybear: yea... i hope i will tie them together but right now i have to concentrate about renering them out instead of the light effects are to come.

Arc80: "ust a small critzs, the right arm of the female is a little thick and watch out for tangency with the background tree and the moster's thingy. You'll see it in the middle of the page." ... if you could explain to me what exactly you mean by that it would be nice... i never took lessons on composition or anything else for that matter... just draw what i see ... and use reference where you can(the extent of my lessons).

Falcor_: well its just practice, practice, practice... that and a little bit of creativity. :) Thanks allot for your support mate come back soon!

Agent-Orange
04-21-2005, 01:01 AM
WOW

Your detail is really coming out,, very moody too.

that tree is wicked

spacesnail
04-21-2005, 12:46 PM
Better & better & better & better :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
And the girl is great great great:love: Ouch! no honey, this is just a picture ! Ouch!
Keep it up

olya
04-21-2005, 04:22 PM
Great work!:thumbsup: :applause: ochen krasivo i neobichno!!

arkinet
04-21-2005, 04:30 PM
you rule slav, stil i really find your creature really creepy:twisted: ... bad monster! bad! bad!! get away from the girl!!:argh:

Arc80
04-21-2005, 10:15 PM
Hello my friend,

About the tangency issue, it's when two lines or edges meet exactly at the same plain. It makes you loose your depthness, which you have with the left tree from the background and the monster from your mid ground. If you see their edges meet right smack in the middle. Just overlap them and it'll be fine. Oh and her right wrist (not the fore arm) is just a tad bit thick if you compare it to the left.

Truely sorry if i'm sounding to anal or like a professor. I didn't mean too. I'm just really trying to help out.

cheers :buttrock:

Slav
04-22-2005, 01:07 AM
Agent_Orange: thanks for dropping by again mate. glad to see you around.

spacesnail: le sigh... i changed the girls face... 2 times already since this update. watched mcgregs video 2 and 3 sadly its the only ones that my school had... at anyrate... wonderful info from him... great stuff for conceptual work that i had to work into the figure a bit late in the game but i hope everyone likes when i post some updates tomorrow. had an art bug so i worked on it today.

olya: siba. we need to stay away from the ordinary you know! plain = bad. :scream:

arkinet: thanks man... i dont really know what to say... damn thanks mate... it means a great deal.

arc80: read your pm. which i am sure you will :D

Agent-Orange
04-22-2005, 03:18 AM
I do my best.

I wish my thread would get some replies..

I guess you have to be on here for awhile. Do not, still tryin to figure it out.

TheMagnetic
04-22-2005, 06:06 AM
your work is absolutely gorgeous!!! man. the attention to detail...... the hair....in need some toilet paper..goodness. I small small small crit; I would ad some blue tint to her cheek in the same way its on her arm..but my goodness..!

TeemuR
04-22-2005, 08:03 AM
Your work has great flow going on! Feels light as a helium. ;) You surely seem to know what you're doing with your work... :cool:

Slav
04-22-2005, 09:18 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6129/6129_1114161530_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6129/6129_1114161530_large.jpg)

some more changes.

i got the feel of the image down and now i am starting to like the overall painting. Much work is left but its starting to kind of come together...

Slav
04-22-2005, 09:25 AM
Agent_Orange: i guess i got lucky but i also guess its a matter of interest... art is for others aswell as for yourself...

TheMagnetic: well thanks for dropping in mate... did some work on it tonight. so i hope some major problems are finally resolved.

TeemuR: stick around for some updates then. but truthfully... i really have no idea where this is leading me mate... i had an idea at 1st but now the image is 99% in auto pilot i might be behind the wheel... but its the driving force.

monsitj
04-22-2005, 09:31 AM
wow! amazing stuff here! your color rendering is awesome! I have some point , when I look at your image from far distance, I see 3 element at equal wieght , monster , lady , and dead tree , maybe you have plan to push the far tree back with fog or color ,
can't wait for monster!

W-I-L
04-22-2005, 11:52 AM
wow.. this is realy coming along nicely... love te colours runningthroughout..

nebezial
04-22-2005, 12:23 PM
there are a lot of good elements on this work i cant crit till u bind them properly cause for now there are too much gaps which are difficult to visualy connect, i have difficulties of catching the design of the demon. dont get me wrong it looks fantastic, it is just different cause the girl is getting too much of mine attention:twisted: , but seriously dude, what were u thinking, u made that girl and presented her practicaly finished, things like that can get u into trouble in the judging, try to dig up some older versions, i read that some had doubts, i myself dont, i analyse stuff and urs links nicely, but take it into consideration, this is a friendly advice, it is an awesome work ,toogood to be messed up with a stupid thing as nonconstant posting, why do u think i post so often, u got great skills, but judges will be looking ur posts, cause they donnt know us, they look for things that point to faking and as i said u got a too good work here to lose the chance with a stupid doubt, keep it up slav and let me repeat i myself have no doubts:thumbsup:

calisto-lynn
04-22-2005, 12:29 PM
yeah, mee too! i agree with nebz. there is something i don understan on ur picture: the girl who holds the light looks so absent like she cant see what kind of a creature is behin her. the pose itself is maybe too dramatic, and it makes me confused a bit. anywal it looks all great, though!:thumbsup:

BaronImpossible
04-22-2005, 12:32 PM
Nice. It's not my style so I can't really offer advice, but it looks amazing so far.

Slav
04-22-2005, 06:26 PM
monsitj: yea the tree will eventually fade more and more into the background till i am happy with it.

W!L: thanks taking the time to look at my threat

nebezial: that’s alright... mate i know i kind of jumped ahead, but like i said it was out of frustration. yea i over worked the girl... things like that happen. i kind of figured that judges will probably not like what i did but none the less i tried to dig up what i could... maybe when i get a bit more RAM these small problems will go away... but for now ill just sit tight and paint. after all its what i do regardless of what anyone says. i know its good to have allies here and i thank you seeing past it.

calisto: i don’t know mate.. i really cant say much to that... i feel the characters came out as they did... i am not going to force them into logical poses if the whole image doesn’t make sense.

Baron Impossible: thanks for comming by never the less!

nebezial
04-22-2005, 06:29 PM
keep it up man, sc#$w the evil tongues, :thumbsup:

Slav
04-22-2005, 06:33 PM
nebezial: amen to that brother :scream:

Arc80
04-22-2005, 07:27 PM
Seriously, this is awesome. I see what they are trying to say about the girl. Honestly, i think you did an awesome job on her and i think it matches your overall piece.

You know, YOU, ADAMOS, and BLACKdidTHIS have this amazing modern approach to Fine Arts and the interpretation is so wide range when you look at it. And that's why it's so nice to look at your piece, becuase the interest doesn't go away. You just keep adding and guessing more about the story and what it signifies. I works, it just BRILLIANTLY works. Keep going man, you have my support on this one too. BRAVO!!! bro :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

cheers,

Slav
04-22-2005, 08:18 PM
arc80: thanks alot man it means a great deal. in fact i really dont know waht i did i just draw :-\

anywho back to drawing.

jeromoo
04-23-2005, 01:00 PM
Whoa man, it looks like a photomontage than a painting right now. So I am unable to give you any crits because it is not finished. But try to give some more substance of 'master and servant' into it. The beast looks like it is in agony from the glow of the amulet the lady is holding. In so much agony that it wants to slash her for that. :D

Oh yeah, that beast looks very similar to the Abe's monster form from Oddworld.

Gamoron
04-23-2005, 06:05 PM
You're either high or you're able to look into some other dimension. That is one wicked image and one crazy assed creature. I'm not happy with everything in your image though. I am very disappointed with you Slav for giving your gorgeous beauty panties. Now I realize that in my own image I talk about how sex is warping the minds of our youths and is too accesible to them but did you really have to go and do it! That was my favourite part. :sad:

:beer: :beer:

SEL
04-23-2005, 08:38 PM
Hey Slav this is really top notch stuff, that girl on the tree stump is really amazing, and the clouds really help the overal scene. Great pencils as well on the alien creature thing. This may look almost photoreal if you continue at this pace by the end, great work!

SEL

Slav
04-23-2005, 08:53 PM
jeromoo: well thanks for dropping in... cant really help you... since this is no "photomontage" but perhaps my vision of master/servant is diffrent from yours... never the less sit back and enjoy. and thanks again for sharing your thoughts.

Gamoron: haha! man common you know i would love to keep her as she was but i am actually thinking of bring her shirt down more so it would be sort of like a gown... no idea... but no bottomless girls for this challenge :( but yes... nothing finer then a beautiful woman. *le sigh, how i wish my dreams where reality* oh well. i dont know ill probably work on getting rid of that tree or at least dimming it down... and after that is done the creature should come to life. (mp me what you think is wrong with it... or send it via gmail slav.san@gmail.com, that would rock i have been looking at this thing for days on end and honestly its blurring together for me.)

SEL: thanks alot mate. since a really early age i was always conditioned to draw what i see... and i guess its something that grew on me.. photoreal as you say is nothing but a word to me... since in treditional mediums (even at very large sizes 30"x40" canvas) i was never able to capture half as many details as i can digitally, i go nuts. <3 cg is very quickly weaving it self into my life and i hope it will remain my career to the very end.

NOOB!
04-23-2005, 08:59 PM
f**kin hell slav looking excellent.

SoniaNotRed
04-23-2005, 11:49 PM
That's it, you've got my vote!
I just love the way you lit up her clothes! :drool:
And I love the clouds. And the tree fading into distance. And...

Dulshad03
04-24-2005, 04:10 AM
DUDE. Great fabric work. I know this is gonna be great. It has a great surrealistic look.

Keep it up man.

Octothreat
04-24-2005, 04:39 AM
Wow.. This is amazing!:scream: Incredibele colors and composition!! So imaginative... Great work!

TheFirstAngel
04-24-2005, 05:05 AM
crazywicked! love the piece :scream: keep on rocking!!!

vilius
04-24-2005, 08:57 AM
wow! your sky is the best i've seen.. trully awesome;] the creature looks odd and wierd, i gues it suppose to look as wierd as possible, can't wait to see it coloured;] the tree looks FANTASTIC!! good luck man

calisto-lynn
04-24-2005, 09:15 AM
i love ur colours!:D

Slav
04-24-2005, 04:26 PM
NOOB!: been a while since you came by so i am glad to see you back! thanks a bunch.

SoniaNotRed: the tree i think will be pushed even more so in the back once i add some fog to it... should look mighty nice. thank you very much for your support it means a great deal!

Dulshad03: thanks alot for the support mate. i hope ill not miss the deadline but next week i have to go out and buy more ram so that i can finally compile the whole image together ... right now its in 2 files each 120 megs. i need more RAM soo bad

Octothreat: i kind of was inspired by Francis Tsi's machineFlesh challenge entry... i LOVED the vast openness of the environment he created but i didn’t want to make a desert so this is the next best thing... have a forest and GIANT trees to make it seem like a vast creature beyond the tropical terrain i at 1st thought of making cities out of these trees but i now realize that its a shame because you would not be able to make out any detail.. due to fog... and atmospheric mist.

the1st_angel: thanks allot mate i been keep an eye on your piece its very nice ... the ejyptian feel in it astounding.

vilius: well the creature is there to contrast the girl... she is all elegant sleek and sexy while... well the creature kind of speaks for himself. ill probably not post updates until i get my ram which is next week and after that its going to be a sprint to the end.

calisto: thanks ma'am. thanks muchly for dropping in and saying hello.

Aethyrprime
04-24-2005, 08:10 PM
looking pretty cool so far.. keep working..

daadaa
04-24-2005, 08:55 PM
hey, i really dont have anything important to say, just that what u have so far nearly suffercated me when i gasped in astonishment! anyway emmm... dont really need to say good luck really cus obivously someones won, but good luk anyway :P

THE Wizard
04-24-2005, 10:43 PM
You are the MAN, man:) Fantastic coloring on that girl, and the Thing-Dude - Wow!

LouisBrowne
04-25-2005, 02:30 AM
Awesome, awesome, picture! I wish I could weld a wacom pen as you do.

As daunting as the task may seem, I think you should go ahead and repose the characters. A clearer view of what's going on in the image is needed > The characters need to be given the impression they’re responding to the presents of the other.

Keep on trucking

SoulDolls
04-25-2005, 03:24 AM
Cool!
I'm love it.

Slav
04-25-2005, 06:26 AM
||) |V| |^|: thanks for dropping in mate.

daadaa: thanks for the support but i am going to need every bit of luck i can muster. :)

THE Wizard: thanks mate... well all i can say is more ahead. :thumbsup:

Louis J. Browne: well i painted for about 14 years before i started to transfer completely to cg... so i get by alright when it comes to this stuff... transferring is hard but essential. as for the poses... i actually like the idea i had... its strange but i got inspired while smooth skinning a 3d character i was working on a few weeks before the challenge when any given vertex has a skin weight blow 1 it gets placed closer to the 0,0,0 axis... distorting spin on... (btw to repose these characters is no problem because I have the colors down at least for the female figure but I just have a different idea in mind, that’s all.. I hope you don’t mind or anyone else for that matter.)

xric7
04-25-2005, 03:18 PM
great

AirbORn
04-25-2005, 03:20 PM
I absolutely hate myself for not checking out what everyone has been doing these last few weeks. Slav, your piece is just amazing. I cannot stress this enough. It is very beautiful and there is still so much more to experience once it is done. I wait patiently for the next update. Take care!

Virtuoso
04-26-2005, 06:57 AM
Wonderful progress Yaroslav.........It flows and is done with a fine touch....the drama,and motion,,,,the skills too are quite apparent......very well done.....Real nice to come in and see develope......These are for you......:thumbsup: :thumbsup: ......and also this for the hard work.....:beer:

calisto-lynn
04-29-2005, 07:43 PM
grat work, slav! it all looks great! it really started to come all together nicely! keep up! cant wait to see that beast coloured!:thumbsup:

Art2
04-29-2005, 10:24 PM
Just wanted to say:

whoa!

maurodelia
04-30-2005, 12:00 AM
the sky and the woman are amazing !

Arc80
04-30-2005, 05:24 AM
WHAT!? still no update... somebody's been lazy, hehehe. Will be back later bro :argh:

cheers

abourabe
04-30-2005, 04:14 PM
very nice composition and excellent colors
good luck !

Slav
04-30-2005, 10:11 PM
xric7: thanks for stopping by.

AirbORn: i will do mate. thanks alot for dropping in :scream:

Virtuoso: there are actually 2 things i found out in the woman that i must now fix... so will be quite some time before updates... thanks alot for reading my thread.

calisto: thank you so much for the support... but there is much work to do and i have no desire right now to start...

Art2: thanks for the support! come back soon!

maurodelia: well lets just hope when its done its going to look good. :)

Arc80: no mate sorry for that... i put this aside for a week now for school work. i dont want to fail, i have been taking the same classes for far to long and now its time to move on. might be some time before there are more updates but i am asuring you i am alive... and kicking.

abourabe: thanks for your comment! come back soon.

---

ok on that note i am as you all know if you have read the responses that i have given poeple have FINALLY got 512 mb more in RAM... so now i finally compile this image into one whole and tie everything together! i am excited but because i am exhusted i lack the desire to slave away at this right now. so ill probably work on it during the week but for now i say toodles... and till the next update .. STAY TUNED!

no really... if you leave ill come to all your houses and CUT you! *just joking* :love:

cheers to all.

lutzw
05-02-2005, 12:37 PM
Hi Slav.
Just dropped by to check out your work. Very promising. As I see, you already got heaps of comments and advices, so I just wish you good luck to finish everything in time...

Just like nebezial I hope that you can finally connect all the visual elements that still feel a little bit disjointed. I guess the final coloring and lighting will play an important role here...

Cheers,
:) <- Lutz

NOOB!
05-02-2005, 02:47 PM
oy! slav,more!!! update!!!

Koekebakker
05-02-2005, 10:26 PM
Haven't seen this one before. The sky in the back is already looking great. Nice colours, surrealistic atmosphere. I'll keep an eye on this one, good luck. :)

dekal
05-03-2005, 07:10 AM
i really like it.

kornel
05-03-2005, 08:53 AM
Keep painting Slaw! Your background is my favourite! I wish you many power for the finalizing of painting...!

cheers: Kornél

(sorry for my english)

Slav
05-08-2005, 03:18 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6129/6129_1115522298_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6129/6129_1115522298_large.jpg)

a much over due update. i might rework the face of the monster but at this point i am happy with it. i did some work on the girl and timmed down the tree still a few things to work out in the top left hand corner but this is comming together ... should be done by the end of next week.

Slav
05-08-2005, 03:25 AM
lutzw: all in due time mate. thanks alot for dropping in and commenting :thumbsup:

NOOB!: granted. :)

Koekebakker: thanks for your kind words. come back soon!

dekal: thanks alot. i am glad you do. hope to see your around.

kornel: going to need it now...

--

over the last few days school was just overwhelming so i am jugling everything around me and i only hope this doesnt affect my grades. however i did find some time to update this image and i hope to get it done on the nights of next week.

i hope everyone enjoys this as much as i am ONCE again starting to.

Arc80
05-08-2005, 03:46 AM
whoa... un update from Mr. NIBBLES... hehehe.
Looking sweeet bro. That creature is freaky as hell...LOVE IT and i really like what you did with her outfit. The sky at the back looks gorgeous :thumbsup:

I don't know what else are you going to do with it, but whatever it is... just finish the damn thing :scream: Oh and forget about college :twisted: (Just kidding)

cheers bro :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

kornel
05-08-2005, 11:26 AM
Wow! Thats really scarry... but getting be ready - congrats!

keep painting!

cheers: Kornél

xric7
05-08-2005, 12:14 PM
hi..Slav.
greeeeeaaaaaaaaaat work!!!:thumbsup: :bounce:
gl.

Slav
05-08-2005, 07:03 PM
Arc80: hahah all in good time. i have two projects due next week... i hope i dont loose all my hair worrying about whats going to get done 1st and for when. ill probably update a few more times... wouldnt want insidents of the past comming back to haunt me.

kornel: THANK! come back soon i hope to have it done ... now i only need to find the time to get it done in. :)

xric7: thanks alot for the support and best of luck to you as well. come back soon!

NinjaA55N
05-09-2005, 05:33 PM
Very nice pic and so strong on colors and rendering. I have some problems with reading the monster, specially its upper part, but the girl is so very well rendered that it hurts :D And the background... job well done :)

Slav
05-09-2005, 05:57 PM
NinjaASSN: thanks man.. the monster is not done yet though so if you can please bare with me while i bring him into tip top shape. :) muaha! soon it shall be done. thanks dropping by man. :scream:

vinegaria
05-09-2005, 06:21 PM
this is one of the best entries i saw here and one of the best pics i saw ever actually. amazing job.. especially the lights and shadows on the girl are fantastic!

ogar555
05-10-2005, 08:26 AM
That's one ugly creature... eeeew!

black_bird
05-11-2005, 03:39 AM
It's been a while since I checked up on yours! It's beautiful!! I love the woman.. he skin tone and fabric are painted wonderfully... so life like.. the sky and the rest is the background looks great.. I'd still work on the monster a bit.. his anatomy seems soft.. I think it could use some harder edges and shadows to bring it more volume.. can't wait to see it finished!!

-Lisa

agios
05-11-2005, 09:38 AM
Hello my friend, i like the girl too much and the pose and the background are all well done, but i think there is something in the creature that dont come well for the overall...good luck

Primus
05-11-2005, 10:08 AM
I agree with blackbird's comments. Everything is well done except for the Monster who seems to be out of place in the scene. Perhaps due to the nature of the lighting? It seems to be different from the girl (who is wonderfully rendered by the way). Excellent work so far!

arLutiK
05-14-2005, 08:57 PM
yaroslav, your image is looking amazing, very impressive work on the woman.

nebezial
05-14-2005, 09:22 PM
please finish it, the monster is sick... in a good way:thumbsup:

xric7
05-14-2005, 10:47 PM
very impressive!!:buttrock:
love your ur style and characters so much.
especially the the girl.her pose and face is a+++..

THECLYKE
05-14-2005, 11:20 PM
SINISTER STYLE MY FRIEND....YOU GOT IT GOIN ON

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=239415

Slav
05-14-2005, 11:28 PM
vinegaria: thanks man. thanks for the support.

ogar555: :) i love him too. i tried to aim at the 100% opposite to the girl... contrast.

black_bird: well he is not done but i will for sure work on him more thanks for the comment. been swamped with homework...

agios: thanks for the imput, but it would be nice if you can elaberate more ... not just shoot him down. thanks for dropping by.

Primus: thanks man... yea the creature is not done yet... but he will be soon i will try to work out most of the light issues... and get him screaming for the final stage of the challenge!

arlutik: thanks for dropping in mate. come back soon!

nebezial ahh man you honor me with yet another visit. yea i need to dont i? :)

xric7: thanks alot mate. come back soon... again thanks for the lovely comment.

THE CLYKE: thanks man... much needed selfesteem boost :)

Virtuoso
05-15-2005, 09:17 AM
Hi Slav..... You have done yourself proud here....looking really nice on all fronts,intense,nice color choice,great lines......nice motion.....Just a real nice job,just coming by to drop off two of these :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ....and wish you luck on the last steps......see you when you finish...:arteest:

Belhaven
05-15-2005, 09:48 AM
very smooth and clean painting. looking good, but i have a question... based on the picture alone, i cant tell who the master or servant is. im also having trouble reading the form of the monster.... or maybe that is the point. but otherwise, it looks cool.

Arc80
05-15-2005, 04:07 PM
Hey Nibbles, you better hurry up, unless you found a way to control time :D You have people here waiting for you to finish. So rush, rush, rush. Paint, paint, paint :wip:

will be waiting bro. Hope school is going well for you there dude. Goodluck on that too my friend.

cheers

NOOB!
05-15-2005, 08:59 PM
amazing job! slav,really surreal,pure excellence!

Agent-Orange
05-16-2005, 12:34 AM
It is coming together nicely.

Keep up the good work

MaxLarin
05-17-2005, 08:06 AM
Fantastic work. I adore surrealism, moreover and in excellent execution !

Shelayu uda4i :)

xric7
05-17-2005, 08:44 AM
hey..Slav.:D
Hey Nibbles, you better hurry up, unless you found a way to control time :D You have people here waiting for you to finish. So rush, rush, rush. Paint, paint, paint :wip:

cheers.:bounce: :buttrock:

nebezial
05-17-2005, 09:17 AM
oy, drink a barrel of cofee, i dont care just finish it!!!:bounce:

arkinet
05-17-2005, 04:53 PM
you slacker you... hehehe hurry up dude... ok m cheering you... Go slav! go slav! go slav!

beelow
05-17-2005, 05:00 PM
Nice stuff, Slav. Good Luck...homie!:thumbsup:

Slav
05-18-2005, 12:17 PM
Virtuoso

Belhaven

Arc80

NOOB!

Agent_Orange

Max Larin

xric7

nebezia

arkinet

beelow

thank you ALL!

i have no time to replay indevidually but i am only going to say that its almost done ... i was not able to tighten up the monster half as much as the girl... but i still LOVE the way he turned out. a few more hours work on this and i am going to upload the final image. i took a day off for this (from everything.) :banghead:

Slav
05-18-2005, 04:07 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6129/6129_1116432465_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6129/6129_1116432465_large.jpg)

here it is... i would like to thank EVERYONE whom stopped by gave me crits and comments i LOVE you all!

and a special thanks for goes to lynda. for her helpful info on brush.

cheers.