PDA

View Full Version : Vue and Maya

kpwproductions
03-23-2005, 01:42 AM
I am considering buying Vue5 Infinite and I am a Maya-user - does anyone know my options as far as importing the scenes I make in Vue into Maya? I understand you can export from Vue both lightwave and 3D Studip Max scene files - is there an effective method that would allow me import or translate the exported 3DS or LWO files into Maya with textures and etc fully working as usual? Any suggestions/info would be great - thanks!

Philipstudios
03-27-2005, 03:53 AM
I'm referring to Vue 4 Professional and Maya 6.0.
I have no ideea about 5 Infinity. Well the textures from Vue, after you import them in Maya are way different. I think because Vue has an unique rendering system ; as soon as you will import the OBJ into Maya everything will look fake and CG.

Not to say that Maya has issues when importing stuff - polygons will have a lot of issues.
The camera match isn't that good - the mel script is not working in Maya 6.0

Vue it's a greath software, but I still research for a way to integrate with Maya in a convinient way for my needs and for the quality of the final result.

Anyway I just ordered Vue 5 Infinite and I let you know how it works with Maya compared to Vue 4 professional.

CGTalk Moderation
03-27-2005, 03:53 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.