PDA

View Full Version : Character- Beauty and beast

insanepoly
09-24-2002, 06:46 PM
http://www.starhub.net.sg/~hand/images/rider005.jpg

After a delay of many months, I glad to say I have finally finished this little project of mine. The concept was initially created for the Beast of Burden challenge which unfortunatley I was never able to complete.

De-Cypher
09-24-2002, 07:15 PM
fantastic!!!!!!

Frank Dodd
09-24-2002, 07:33 PM
Great image, I saw the WIP work on this and to be honest I preferred the more aggressive lighting you used in the WIPs it brought the best out of both models. I find the lighting in this a little 'dead'. Great work though just needs to have the lighting livened up I think.

Dr-spline
09-24-2002, 08:45 PM
Perfect! now im just wondering whats under that belt

Riptyde
09-24-2002, 09:14 PM
The right arm and hand doesn't look relaxed enough. (IMHO)

Riptyde

Rhid1en
09-25-2002, 12:02 AM
Amazing work as always! This one turned out really great! Only thing I can think of that you might want to do is either reposition her right hand, or at least move the thumb down slightly so it looks like it's resting on her thigh. Right now it just looks a little unnatural. You may want to also burn in a shadow to ground it and the transition from her butt to the saddle better. You're work is always very inspirational, don't know how you find the time to work on them so quickly either, but keep them coming!

insanepoly
09-25-2002, 07:18 AM
http://www.starhub.net.sg/~hand/images/rider006.jpg

Here it is again, under different lighting condition. Colors were desaturated and adjusted in Photoshop.

Frank Dodd- I know the lighting's a little dull in the first one- I was actually trying to match it to the background, somehow it just looked out of place with strong lighting, which is why I have decided to change the background.

Riptyde- yeah, I know the posing is kinda odd and unnatural on the right hand.

Rhid1en- actually I thought the progress was really slow on this piece, luckily for me, I managed to find some downtime inbetween projects to finish it. I also had to fight the temptation to enter the current CGTalk challenge, maybe now I can enter it with this thing off my mind.

Sharky
09-25-2002, 07:55 AM
the pose of the woman is better than in the first post, but I think the first lighting gived her a better color for the skin

ivanimal
09-25-2002, 12:28 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: First one is better

PokeChop
09-25-2002, 01:58 PM
I agree that the first rendering lighting is better and the second rendering pose is better. Combine the two and BLAM! Excellence! Wonderful work by the way. Just bein' nitpickie...

brandon3d
09-26-2002, 10:36 AM
Waouhh!!
Nude girl and a dino....Sooo original :thumbsdow
the gun looks like a toy.
Leather pieces are good.
PS: is it "Earth wind and Fire " the dino is listening ????

tkay
09-26-2002, 10:55 AM
Hey, Brandon (from beverly hills 90210, i suppose). Show us something better you´ve done... ;)

Awesome work!

insanepoly
09-26-2002, 11:50 AM
Sharky, ivanimal- I used warm lighting for the first piece, I guess that's why it plays better on skintones. But overall I felt the lighting lacks contrast whereas the second one is overly strong. A combination of the two ligthing scheme should improve things.

PokeChop- Yes, I do intend to do a combination of the two and probably work a little of the background when I find the time.

brandon3d- I guess this is not your cup of tea. Earth, Wind and Fire? What's that?

tkay- thanks.

Sergey B
09-26-2002, 12:21 PM
fantastic work:bounce: :) :) :)

Swissphil
09-26-2002, 08:42 PM
I vote for the first lighting and the second pose too. :thumbsup:

Awsome beast!

freemind77
09-26-2002, 08:49 PM
OMG AWESOME! just add some redish bounces light (just to sligthly define the edges of chars and to soft beast neck ,to add some interesting atmosphere to piece, blue one from sky would add some mood too and u are done. definitely 2nd one pic!

Charles

slaughters
09-26-2002, 08:51 PM
The color tone of the second image is better. People need to stop focusing on just the single character of the girl and look at the entire image. I find that the blue background sky adds a much more dramatic color impact to the image. I also think the dinosaur textures came out much better in the second image.

As for the girls skin color, it might work if you keep the blue background and current light intensity, but changed your sunlight to a more yellowish orange tint instead of the bue.

JasonA
09-27-2002, 06:30 AM
Looks great IMO :)

Personally I think the first pic was way better too. The overall palette is more consistent, which I like. I think that your fill light (to the left of the pic) could be a bit stronger in it so there's less darkness on the dinosaur. As t o the second one, well I find it to be somewhat harsh in contrast.

Also, just a compositional point, I'd lift that hat up just a tad so we can see her eyes... I think it would add more drama to the pic.

:thumbsup:

facial
09-27-2002, 07:49 AM
I wanna see her face. come on, focus on her face, post up some local images.
Well done. :thumbsup:

insanepoly
09-27-2002, 08:54 AM
http://www.starhub.net.sg/~hand/images/rider008.jpg

JasonA, facial- here's a closer shot of her with the eyes visible.

Thanks for all the critiques and suggestions but for the time being, I will shelf this project as I want to get started on my new short. Who knows when I'll get back to this again, but it was a nice little project to get me aqquainted with some of Max5's new tools and features.

Anyway check out my Butt Ugly Animator-http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22574

No more naked chicks... for the time being anyway.

TIO_MATT
09-27-2002, 08:55 AM
THE SKIN IN THAT WOMAN DOESNT FIT TOO MUCH WITH THE REST
I THINK U GIVE TOO MANY DIFFERENT COLOURS TO THE SECENE
BUT ALL TOGETHER DOESNT MATCH..CORRECTLY..IS ONLY A CONSTRUCTIVE CRITIC.....:hmm:

slooper
09-27-2002, 09:28 AM
I looked and looked and looked (it's a tough job but...)

Finally I saw it :

For a girl who seems to be very comfortable riding around in bikini armor (contradiction in terms?) on a reptilian creature, her skin tone is awefully reminiscent of my upper thighs on a cold morning.

Give her a tan man!!

And where are the callouses? If she's half as old as that hat she's wearing, we should be seeing some serious abrasions etc..

Great job all around! :applause:

slaughters
09-27-2002, 11:39 AM
Kind of funny. After the close up I was just thinking,

"I do not want to see the bottom of her butt, just think what monsterous calouses she must have back there to be able to ride around in a saddle while wearing essentially a thong bikinni"

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.