PDA

View Full Version : Master and Servant 3D Entry: marcelo eder

Pages : 1 [2]

mecman
04-16-2005, 03:43 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6043/6043_1113619427_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6043/6043_1113619427_large.jpg)

Hi friends.
Firt steps with the new environment...A cave!
Thanks to all!

gra7
04-16-2005, 04:35 AM
hey mec !! very good man...

soh acho q qndu c for joga ta faltandu um tom mais vermelho no ambiente..
best luck brother.. t+

monsitj
04-16-2005, 05:16 AM
nice update ! I like detail of your model!

Neeno
04-16-2005, 05:37 AM
:applause: great update mec.. looking fantastic.. the dull shadow in the middle of the cave behind the characters is subtle yet gives such a good effect... the caves look awesome.. fantastic mec.. would love to see more man.!!

alex.h.
04-16-2005, 06:02 AM
great environment mecman,are the cave going to have loads of small creepy things in it to ?.
see you later and :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Wandddo
04-16-2005, 06:44 AM
Hi Mecman! I liked the new environment, but you could increase more details in the ground... more stalagmites... keep it up friend :thumbsup:

Cya

alexfalchi
04-16-2005, 08:29 AM
:bounce::bounce: wow what I look here??!! nice update frienddddd nice work!!...I like enviroment, like the character...

LIKE THE SCENE ALOTTTTTTTTTTTT!! more moreeee:thumbsup:

Alex.

BlackDidThis
04-16-2005, 08:58 AM
heheey.. yes I can smell Dante all over this time :)

It's looking good all together now. I think they really fit into this new environment.

Mec; would it be very difficult in this stage to make a sort of ramping wall and have it sort of crawling down it and grabbing the guy? Actually hving it's torso just about the same. Just the legs on a wall instead of the ground.
It's just a thought.

As usual, it is all going disgusting! Can't wait to see more

Black

javaejderi
04-16-2005, 11:48 AM
Salute,
I like the texture work, really great..."Clive Barker" you said? Yeah, your references are also great...waiting for your more details in your progress, just get into the micro, tiny details like veins, nerves, gore droplets etc...
Keep it up!!!:buttrock:

overcontrast
04-16-2005, 01:19 PM
man wen ever i c this work of ur... it kinda gives me weird feelings in the stomuch... really bone chilling... keep it up man :thumbsup:

alexfalchi
04-16-2005, 06:25 PM
wher is my friend??!! wherrrr:bounce:

alexfalchi
04-16-2005, 06:32 PM
ops you ave change your avatar??!! well you are nice boy mannnnnnnnn:scream: :bounce: :scream:

ahahahahahahahahahaha sorry mate!!:thumbsup:

mecman
04-17-2005, 02:03 AM
Arco, Fernando, Martinez ( boa man, vou te mandar uma mp), Daniel,goktug, Adriano_Zanetti, suk-grigorij, gra7, monsitj, Neeno, alex.h., Wandddo, alexfalchi, BlackDidThis, J++ Dragon, overcontrast : thanks a lot my freinds!! You´re great!:applause:

alex.h.: Yes mate! I wanna put some more disturbing things on the walls!! haha, thanks mate!

Black: Hey man, thanks a lot! Your suggestion is great! :bounce: I´ll try to make this! just need the time! haha, thanks man!:thumbsup:

Alex Loco Falchi: hahahaha, yes my friend! I changed! That photo was weird! I was drunk...:D hahaa
See you mate! and thanks for the constant support!!:bounce:

mecman
04-17-2005, 02:34 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6043/6043_1113701669_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6043/6043_1113701669_large.jpg)

Hi friends...composing the scene..

alexfalchi
04-17-2005, 02:44 AM
:bounce: :bounce: update update mate!!.....well well nice compisition friend I really like this scene and you know specially I like your shader skin!!
Ok marcelo keep this scene so STRONG....and i'm wait for MORE!!

Alex.

Poisen
04-17-2005, 04:05 AM
wow! this is really comming together mecman,its been awhile since i checked, :twisted:
sick and twisssssteddd, my fav! really like all the little details youve been adding and the environment really adds to it, keep hammering at it!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Wandddo
04-17-2005, 05:43 AM
Hi Mecman! ta muito legal cara! Gostei da comp q vc fez agora, acho q o chão tb ficou bem mais legal assim parabéns acho q c ja ta quase finalizando o job aí :thumbsup: legal mesmo
abraço

Maxko
04-17-2005, 08:22 AM
great atmosphere and textures :) GO! GO! GO!

Virtuoso
04-17-2005, 08:45 AM
And this comes from an architect .......I wonder what houses/buildings you have designed......Spooky horror ones right?;)

You have a finished product it seems marcelo........Real close,lots done,and you have done a good job......way too creepy and eerie for me.......but it's fun to get spooked now and then......Keep it up,your way ahead of the finishline.....:arteest:

DaddyMack
04-17-2005, 08:45 AM
EEEEyyeeeewwwww, makes my skin crawl...Well done mecman:thumbsup:

d-tox
04-17-2005, 10:54 AM
damn that looks painfull. YOu've got a really great mood going on there, looks great!

suk-grigorij
04-17-2005, 01:05 PM
Ha, great stuff. Maybe you could make the skulls on the floor a bit whiter (just a bit). Cause now, they are some kind of lost. I spent about 6 or 7 secunds to understand that there are skulls on the floor.

Good luck

mecman
04-17-2005, 06:10 PM
Alex: Thanks my friend!!! I´m glad you liked!!:thumbsup:

Poisen: Thanks a lot Poisen!!! I wanna put more details, thanks a lot my friend!!

Wanddo: Valeu bro!! curti tb! Agora esta quase, mas quero fazer mais coisas! Valeu bro!

Maxko: Thanks a lot mate!!!:thumbsup:

Virtuoso: hahahaha, It´s Weird, isnt it?? But some boring clients deserve this kind of house! ahaha
Yes, I think the main body of the work is done! now I´ll add more details! thanks a lot Virtuoso!!:thumbsup:

DaddyMack: Thanks a lot mate!!!:thumbsup:

d-tox: Thanks man!! Gld you liked the mood!!

grigorij: Thanks grigorij! My intention was to make it seens like they´re covered with dust! thanks mate!

alex.h.
04-17-2005, 06:15 PM
wow, more lovly no skined ,creepy and great sculls and a cave you never want to go in to if your name isent mecman. great work mate and :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

banzato
04-17-2005, 08:56 PM
This is geting bether and bether. Great texture. What are you planing to do in the final month? I can't see the master or the servant, dont you need a human in this scene?

Vai fundo que esta ficando muito legal.

BlackDidThis
04-17-2005, 10:25 PM
It's said to hang the meat a few weeks for it to flavour better... I think your guy took it a little bit too literally :surprised
It's all getting together... woow the contest is sure proving more and more intresting isn't it?

Mec, I know I keep adding more stuff, but the fingers in his hand holding the torso, and the poor guys ribs seem to be a bit too simiallar. From far infact it looks like he has 4 fingers instead of two.
Would it be possible to like bend the fingers to hav him grab or something like that to make it a bit more diffrent than the ribs? Or to move it a bit more up/down?

Inspite the amount it sickens me, it is really great to watch your progress. Really anxious to see things develope. I really liked your thin touch of adding the millipedes crawling on the ground! They so add to it! Ooops.. the skulls right under/infront of her have interpenetrations! Nothing that can't be handled actually.
I agree that the skulls are not noticable.. but I think that was your intention wasn't it? I thinkn it is better that they are not obvious details.. but details shall anyone look deeper.

Going GREAT! (And SICK)

Black

goktugg
04-18-2005, 11:59 AM
good environment`mate!:)

alexfalchi
04-18-2005, 04:00 PM
And here no update?? no party man!! ehehehe:thumbsup:

dcmoutinho
04-18-2005, 04:17 PM
good composition Mecman !!!:thumbsup:
very nice !!!

sumawut
04-18-2005, 05:50 PM
:bounce: Hi! mate:bounce:
:scream: Oh very frightful in work.:twisted:
:applause: very great work mate. :thumbsup:

ilusiondigital
04-18-2005, 07:18 PM
Love your render, nice picture, grotesque but very well done. I really like, different style

My M&S http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=229417

Neeno
04-18-2005, 07:19 PM
*shivers up spine* ... im scared.... :buttrock: great work man composition looking tops :thumbsup:

praguer28
04-18-2005, 07:45 PM
Good to see a brazilian friend here! Good texture, idea... the ilumination could be more opressive, what do you think? Anyway, your job is growing great! Go for it, man!

http://img214.echo.cx/img214/4175/3dblender6se.jpg

HOON
04-18-2005, 10:01 PM
powerful image!
^^

alexfalchi
04-19-2005, 08:21 PM
Sorry MATE can I have one update please?? I need:thumbsup: ahahahahaaa

Alex.

bealobo
04-20-2005, 10:17 AM
wow, very impressive, and... though I like gore and stuff this is a bit... Well I don´t know how to describe it. lol

ok! good work! it looks awesome really. :thumbsup: congratulations!
I think adding more detail in the main claw would be a good idea, looks a bit flat.

mecman
04-20-2005, 05:03 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6043/6043_1114013025_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6043/6043_1114013025_large.jpg)

Hi friends!
Just some photoshop corrections, and a better integration of the female servant with the ground!
Thanks a lot mates!! I´ll reply each one later, now...back to work...thanks!!

Maxko
04-20-2005, 05:35 PM
Incredible work :) I am really scared .. :)

Heber G Conde
04-20-2005, 05:55 PM
Hi Marcelo,
Great to see how you finished the contest, and very well done!

I like a lot of the background and the whole color balance over the scene.
The "bugs legs" are really great too! So is the speculars and the SSS feeling on the skin shaders.

The woman is really interesting! Great mix on the chest of bones, flesh, muscles and internal organs (I don´t know how to say "intestino"!).

You work great with ZBrush, my friend! Is this a 2.5d image or it´s already in MAX?

Really great Piece!
Congratulations and good luck!
Best Regards!

Heber

alexfalchi
04-20-2005, 08:09 PM
Well, well and well....look nice nice friend...just like this work and now look more better with this corrections:thumbsup:

Keep up friend and:bounce:

Alex.

Rémy Malin
04-20-2005, 09:04 PM
Hi . Very beautifull... but so dirty! Good job (I m afraid!)

Mordalles
04-20-2005, 09:35 PM
real gory pic. i like it. and i like the background as well. those rocks are well done.

WimH
04-22-2005, 10:54 PM
Hey mec. the image need some corrections. All the skulls are looking to the front, I should make some different skuls into it. The tongs of the devils are too smooth to my oppinion. And make some more depth into the image. the back ground is a little to flat. But thats just my oppinion, You dont have to change a bit if you like it so far. Good luck.

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=224025

neo_sk8rider
04-22-2005, 11:29 PM
Hey Mec .. wow man, you really did a good job here.. Congratulations mate... :thumbsup: .. Keep working bro and you will be there, where everybody wants to be.. :buttrock:

Cya,

Neo.

mecman
04-23-2005, 02:43 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6043/6043_1114220626_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6043/6043_1114220626_large.jpg)

Hey friends! Thanks to all!
Here goes a new character...the sinner´s hunter(very, very, very wip), and a new light test, hope you like it!
thanks in advance!

dcmoutinho
04-23-2005, 03:56 AM
great snake modeling !!!:thumbsup:
keep going

makaron
04-23-2005, 07:39 AM
the snake lifts up the whole image, he´s looking good there in his corner... :thumbsup:

mecman
04-23-2005, 07:43 AM
Alex H: hahaa, thanks a lot my friend!!

Banzato: Thanks mate! But I have humans....one and a half! hahaha

Black: Hey my friend! Thanks a lot for your nice observations! it´s very important! I didn´t notice the interpenetrations!!:banghead: thanks a lot!! And nice that you notice the milipedes!!!
The fingers I must add the nails! I think it´ll be better after this!!
Thanks a lot mate!

alex Falchi: hahaha, tahnks a lot my friend! I´m really happy You´re following my entry!

Daniel: Thanks a lot my friend!!! :thumbsup: I´m glad with your support man!

sumawut: thanks a lot mate!

Ilusion: Thanks my friend!!:thumbsup:

neeno: hahaa, thanks a lot mate!!

praguer28 (http://www.cgtalk.com/member.php?u=117258) : Thanks man! I agree with you! I´m testing different light sets! Thanks mate!!

Hoon: thanks hoon

Beatriz: hahaha, I know what you mean!! me too! Thanks a lot! I will work on the claws, must make the nails!! Thanks a lot Beatriz!:thumbsup:

Maxko: Hey friend! Thanks a lot man!

Heber: Thanks a lot my friend!! I´m really happy with your visit! It´s all z-brush!! No max this time, just to make some modeling, but the render is z-brush! thanks!!

Remy: Thanks a lot mate!

Mordalles: thanks my friend!!

Crapple: Thanks mate! but i think it´s ok the way they are! Thanks a lot my friend!

Neo: Thanks my friend!! One day who knows, but now i don´t have the skills to this! It´s just for fun! Thanks my friend!

Makaron:Thanks mate! I agree with you!!:D thanks!

Thanks to All! You´re great!!:applause:

alex.h.
04-23-2005, 07:47 AM
yes,yes, i like it,great mate. see you and :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

alexfalchi
04-23-2005, 10:18 AM
wowo my good friend..this is niceeee! nice update mate!nice new character my friend and nice ligth!! soooo goooood my friend keep keep strong:thumbsup:

Alex.

todesco
04-23-2005, 08:50 PM
hey mec, the snake is very good, i like the lightining too

cya

mecman
04-24-2005, 06:03 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6043/6043_1114318980_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6043/6043_1114318980_large.jpg)

Rotting the Snake : )
the textures are just ilustrative!
Thanks friends!!

Kenzor
04-24-2005, 12:38 PM
The snake is cool:thumbsup:

One crit though with the main picture…. I’ve been looking at for a while now, and I find it really hard to distinguish the spidery demon from the man hanging by chains. Is there any way you could separate them more, with shadow or colour? Or even better by repositioning them? At the moment they seem to be one creature:shrug:

alexfalchi
04-24-2005, 03:19 PM
wow mate nice really nice update...I like the details:)...keep it so my friend:wip:

Alex.

Miyagi
04-24-2005, 05:26 PM
E ai Marcelo, bele?

Well detailed model:thumbsup: ...Did you think about meet a psyquiatrist?:rolleyes: ...I'm surely here to see whare it will go?

Um abraço!

MyMasterAndServant (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=224272&highlight=Rogerio+Masao)

goktugg
04-24-2005, 07:42 PM
crazy!!...nice snake model with super*extraordinary skin texture..:buttrock: !GREAT!
keep it up`mate!:)

Maxko
04-24-2005, 10:13 PM
really nice textures and model :). I like it my friend :bounce: continuee :bounce:

bealobo
04-24-2005, 11:27 PM
great snake!

by adding more characters you´re making the composition more interesting, like with more relationships to show...
I find the first compo. remind me to some catholic theme paintings and also to some of rembrandt paintings, with contrast, flesh, tortured souls... :thumbsup:

JRBRAZ
04-25-2005, 02:32 AM
The snake is cool:thumbsup:

One crit though with the main picture…. I’ve been looking at for a while now, and I find it really hard to distinguish the spidery demon from the man hanging by chains. Is there any way you could separate them more, with shadow or colour? Or even better by repositioning them? At the moment they seem to be one creature:shrug:

This is exactally what I will say ...

Cara tá tudo ficando muuito bom, as texturas estão ótimas, mas realmente tá dificil de entender onde acaba o servo e onde começa o mestre ... o corpo dos dois na parte de baixo estão ficando muito juntas, acabam parecendo ser a mesma pessoa. Acho que principalmente por causa da cor da pele, que o corpo do de aranha está com um tom mais parecido com o do servo do que com a do mestre ...

Neeno
04-25-2005, 05:51 AM
snakes looks great man.. he looks really umm whats the word ..... Minced! lol.. great work

safe05
04-25-2005, 10:02 AM
Really like the snake, man! Cool design and gruesome colors. :) When compositing him with the others, watch out for the material. It blend him in with the rest too much. Nice direction, and keep rockin. :buttrock:

eddieellis
04-25-2005, 02:26 PM
your still a sick puppy !... keep it up dude, im liking it allot :twisted:

Gianluca
04-25-2005, 02:54 PM
and go!! always better the texturing than this wip.

satch919
04-25-2005, 03:14 PM
Now thats evil! I love it. Great work so far.

gustavobenites
04-25-2005, 03:18 PM
wow! I like it. Great work man! nice shaders and model.

hugs,
gustavo benites

mecman
04-25-2005, 03:58 PM
Alex H: Hey mate! Glad you liked!! thanks a lot!!

Alex Falchi: Maledeto! ahhaha, man, I´m very glad with your constant support!!! thanks a lot my friend!

Todesco: Hey mate! thanks a lot man!

Ken t: thanks man. Yes, I agree with you...Now I see this too...I´ll try to improve this! Thanks a lot!

Myiagi: Valeu cara! muito obrigado!

Goktug: :D thanks a lot my friend!!!

Maxko: Thanks my friend!! thanks a lot!!

Beatriz: Thanks a lot Beatriz!! Glad you liked!!! I think the composition looks more complete now with this new "servant"! thanks a lot!!

Braz: Pois é man, é verdade...vou ter q reposicionar ou mudar as cores....mas vou ter q arrumar isso! valeu cara! abração!

Neeno: ahhaha, yes! Thanks a lot my friend!!

safe05: Thanks mate!! thanks a lot!

Eddie: Oh yes mate, always sick! hahaha, thanks for your visit!

Gian: Yes man, no doubt! thanks!!

satch919: Thanks a lot mate!!

Benites: valeu man!! brigadão!!

Thanks a lot for your fantastic support my friends!! As i said before, this is the best part of the challenge, the nice people i meeting here! Thanks a lot!:applause:

BartokDesign
04-25-2005, 07:17 PM
insane snake texture.
:scream:

banzato
04-25-2005, 07:46 PM
Hello Mecman, your work is very interesting. I think you have a good job on hands and your target now is the final composition. Try to realy show us who is the servant and who is the master. But i know what you trying to do, its a good idea.

Looking your job i think you could refine some proportions and some definition muscles of the bodies and change some poses, but this is only tests, if you could do, do it. We are here to help you. In overal this is a good job and i realy want to see the final image. :thumbsup:

Virtuoso
04-26-2005, 12:22 AM
Busy Marcelo...always busy marcelo.......Nice to see too.....:thumbsup: ......I believe you have the most skin crawling themed entry here...very vivid.............very intense and creepy.....Also well done.....an overall nice job on all fronts....lots done too.....no easy task......Plus the effort and passion behind this all is quite effident...There are only a few that have as much as you marcelo....keep working..best on the compo final.....I'll be looking in for more...as you get to final.....not far now......:arteest:

Tremoside
04-26-2005, 01:53 PM
Ahhhh...let me :bowdown: those rotten ugly snakes!! :drool: piece of my heart :buttrock:

MORE MORE MORE! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
You are the best of frightenin' ! No doubt!

Matt-Bortolino
04-26-2005, 04:59 PM
Truly horrific, brilliant texturing :) I liked the earlier version of the body with the eyeballs- makes him look like he's still aware of the suffering (they are the windows to the soul after all). Also I preffered the landscape background, which adds more epic depth & scale than the cave. Can't wait to see it all come together...

edinhotux
04-26-2005, 06:08 PM
hi man..
insane, insane..
my god.
very good.
congratulations

Wandddo
04-26-2005, 06:13 PM
Hi Marcelo! Very good work in this snake... the textures are great! keep on going my friend :thumbsup:
abraço

alexfalchi
04-26-2005, 07:33 PM
Go marcelo go more updates:thumbsup:

AIR
04-26-2005, 08:11 PM
LIKE ONE OF THE GUYS SAID,,insane insane insane insbsbaneebe :drool:
This roting snake is amazing stuff honestly,,just supperb.
Holy s...t,Usualy i dont trashtalk but now i gotta use the opportunity,keep it up!! :)

mecman
04-26-2005, 08:32 PM
Hey friends! good evening!

Bartolo: thanks man!!!:thumbsup:

Banzato: Thanks a lot my friend! I must try something new, I don´t know if I´ll have the time, because as you know, I wanna make another background! But I´ll try! even if just for fun after the challenge!:D

Virtuoso: Michael, thanks a lot for your nice, nice words!! I´m realy happy with your comment! It´s very encouraging and gives the force to continue!! Thanks a lot my friend, means a lot for me!!:applause:

Tremoside: Hey friend! Thanks a lot for your fantastic support! I´m really happy you liked!!:thumbsup:

Bortolino: Man, I´m thinking to return to the open eyes...I´ll make a test and post here! thanks a lot!

Edinho: thanks a lot my friend!

Wanddo: thanks mate!!! thanks a lot for your support!

Alex: hey loco!! thanks a lot mate! I´ll try some ups tonight! thanks mate!:thumbsup:

Air: Thanks a lot my friend!!! I´m really happy!! Your beast is awesome too mate!! thanks a lot!

Thanks my friends! see you soon

alex.h.
04-26-2005, 09:45 PM
soon we get some more great slime things ye ?. see you mate and :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

gu
04-26-2005, 11:21 PM
Go, go go go Eder, I really like the work and I can say that is the one of the works that shocked me, I like it very much, keep us updated with more flesh in the air!
See ya man!

Gus

gjpetch
04-27-2005, 06:16 AM
Gross.... cool work.
A couple of little crits: It looks to me like you jumped into detailing your models without perfecting the overall forms as much as you could have. The anatomy looks a little bit "sausagy".
And it seems a little strange that all the sculls are all facing forwards.
Its a pretty unrelentingly nasty image, I think just the slightest injection of something NOT horrific would be a real relief (plus an interesting contrast) in the image.

Have you ever seen the illustrations of a guy called Wayne Barlowe? He's made some really unique and believable illustarions of hell.

Cool work on the detailing and shading, keep it up.

BMAXTALK
04-27-2005, 07:50 PM
hello macman good luck....

heehee very good....

that it tortures.......

fot the brazilian....

go brazilian.....

mecman
04-28-2005, 02:41 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6043/6043_1114652484_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6043/6043_1114652484_large.jpg)

hi friends, thanks a lot. Here goes a light test. Again I need your opinion!! Which composition is the best??
Thanks a lot friends!!

Maxko
04-28-2005, 02:50 AM
Nice to see you again :).
Marcelo... :eek: Marcelo... :eek: !! INCREDIBLE WORK! :)
..and I think.. The picture at the bottom is the better one.. :thumbsup:

gu
04-28-2005, 03:03 AM
Well well well, from hell this scene!! I think the lighting is too bright for a scene like that, but you´ve told me the reason for it!:thumbsup:
No critics for the modelling, zbrushed very well!
Congrats man, I like your work

Gus

Neeno
04-28-2005, 03:06 AM
oh yeah marcello.!! thats what im talking about... how much does that add to the scene.. and that snake my god i love it!! great progress dude!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

sioyong
04-28-2005, 03:15 AM
wow, awesome work .i agree with maxco, the bottom look better but need a bit more contrast,i think.

Wandddo
04-28-2005, 03:25 AM
Hi Mecman! Certinho? The first image test seems better... maybe a soft back light on left image's side help in this scene... It' only idea... great work man :thumbsup: keep on going
abraço:thumbsup:

alex.h.
04-28-2005, 03:30 AM
great work mecman, i think the shadows works better on the top on, but tone down the lights alittle. see you later mate and :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

alexfalchi
04-28-2005, 09:17 AM
Wowow mannn looking very nice the first one...for me muth natural and realystic..very well done Marcelo, nice details!! yes no dubs for me the best is the first one.

keep strong my friend:thumbsup:

Alex.

xric7
04-28-2005, 09:57 AM
oh..god
i realy love your hell.
great work.:buttrock:

bealobo
04-28-2005, 10:39 AM
hi marcelo,
I think the composition 2 (bottom) looks more flat and less interesting but thought the composition 1 has a good contrast an is directing the viewer throught the picture, has got a really intense light coming from one side and there´s no reason for it.
I mean: I prefer the one on the top but the light that is coming from the right... what light source is that? is it justified?
I don´t know, but maybe you can make this light source to be from a fire of hell or something (on orange color), and to be less directional. how's that?
I don´t want you to misunderstood me, because the work is looking great as it is but as you have the time to test more, I think you should. The colors are very similar in all the figures and I think I´d go for the lighting to impress importance to them (wich one is more important for the story?).

Good work!

eddieellis
04-28-2005, 10:56 AM
Hey Mecman, looking great my friend, but still think that the leg is alittle too fat for such a loss of matter....

Love your work though dude... keep it up :thumbsup:

Heber G Conde
04-28-2005, 02:48 PM
Hi Marcelo,
Great job!
I prefer the first one, I like the contrast of the image!
I like the snake too!

What about the background? Where are those great rocks?!

Good job Marcelo!
Keep Rocking!

Heber

banzato
04-28-2005, 04:24 PM
Hey Marcelo. Your work is much bether. Exelent idea with the big snake. Now your scene is more dark, i can feel more emotion. I know you will try a new background, go and show us the result. I think the 2 images are ok but i feel death in the botton image. Why not put some blood? Keep going, this is geting bether and bether. :thumbsup:

BartokDesign
04-28-2005, 05:20 PM
I prefer the darker scene , but I think the shadows could be denser , like a black mass with the imagens coming from it.

just an idea.

keep on it.

Kenzor
04-28-2005, 10:27 PM
hi Marcelo

I think the top high contrast image is definately better.

My only crit would be the that the woman seems to float a bit and not interact with the floor. You could have a look at her shadows on the ground.

Also I had a quick play with image in photoshop. IMO the compostion works better if the chains are darker and fade to black at the edge of the image. It helps keep the eye in the center of the frame.

All in all though great work.

Virtuoso
04-28-2005, 10:37 PM
Oh...............Creepy.......surreal......and done quite nicely marcelo......I prefer the bottom picture......I think at this stage it's all about final tweaking......I think also you could work a bit on the muscle definition,add some cuts,some defining lines.muscle tone,muscle seperation......Just a few minutes of tweaks,and you will be there........:arteest:

.......you are real close.....you lucky guy.....Not like some of (Me ;) ).....who will fight the good fight right down to the last hour or so.......;)

.............I'll be looking in for you're final touches......nice job here,nice efforts too,and i like the passion.......That is always a big extra.....:arteest: :beer:

infinita
04-28-2005, 10:50 PM
Wow... very nice

dcmoutinho
04-29-2005, 01:30 PM
very nice Mecman !!!:thumbsup:

- eu prefiro a segunda imagem, pois, as cores do cenário contrastam melhor como os personagens, mas, as duas estão legais

good look

goktugg
05-01-2005, 02:10 AM
very good light test!..

ilusiondigital
05-01-2005, 10:25 AM
Very good Mec, i like the new character the snake

BlackDidThis
05-01-2005, 09:51 PM
I don't know what has been happening.. but I seem to be not getting notifications for a variaty of threads I had heeart to follow up on!
Yours being one of them.

As much as I totally missed out on the snake being created and developed I have to say that it was a good idea and nicely executetd. It ensures a better unity between the elements of the scene.

I just went down to take another look at your image before closing things down.. but the uniformness of the specularity for every object is sort of being much more obvious now. Would it be possible for you to also map out your specularity per element?

Things are settling more and more into place.
Of your two options.. Ithink the one in the bottom pushes the girl more to an isolated distance from the other two. Thats the only basic diffrence that I can say catches my eye. I don't know if you would want to be pushing her or if you would want to do the opposite.

Well it's all going great... good luck! :thumbs up:

Black

alexfalchi
05-02-2005, 03:53 PM
come on friend put more updates!!:thumbsup:

praguer28
05-02-2005, 06:57 PM
Very good work in textures... i think you could put more shadows to make the scenery more dark, misterious, even losting a little detail... Anyway, go for it!

My thread:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?p=2232477#post2232477

Versiden
05-02-2005, 07:06 PM
dude, you've definately got my skin crawling here.. nice work. Very dark and horrific man :thumbsup:

mecman
05-02-2005, 09:14 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6043/6043_1115064846_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6043/6043_1115064846_large.jpg)

Hi friends, thanks to all!
I´m testing a new background, incomplete yet, but, what do you think? More interesting than the cave? or the cave is better?
Thanks a lot mates!

mecman
05-02-2005, 09:20 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6043/6043_1115065194_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6043/6043_1115065194_large.jpg)

The cave is here, with the new character. thanks a lot my friends!

Wandddo
05-02-2005, 09:21 PM
E aí Marcelo,td certo? Bem legal esse background, gostei do nivel dos detalhes q vc colocou, mas vc vai dar uma completada no espaço em preto ainda, não?
Eu achei esse fundo aí melhor q a caverna, mas completa ele aí... :thumbsup:
gde abraço

Virtuoso
05-02-2005, 09:26 PM
Hi Marcelo..............well I think the cave fits better with the color theme......But......I do like the "Giger" like setting too,the honey-comb grill type setting is nice too........I think I'll leave this to you and others opinions......for me it's really a toss up.......Both are quite appealing and right for you're scene......are'nt you lucky.....You have two nice choices.......Now thats a good problem to have......;)

.......Best of luck Marcelo........:arteest:

BlackDidThis
05-02-2005, 10:38 PM
I think definately the top one.. but with more reds introduced to the BG and with a bit more cold blues intreduced to the characters.
The reason I would go for the new one was because the old one was burrying your figures more to compair... And this is sort of more convincing to expect chains hanging from it all around.

Not complete you say.. can you hint us to whats going to be positioned in the blackness? once again blackness?

Well at least my point of view.

Black

alexfalchi
05-02-2005, 10:39 PM
Hey Marcelo really nice updates mate!!...I really like the new cave, looking more better ..here you have really amazing details..good job friend compliments:thumbsup:

Alex.

mecman
05-03-2005, 03:15 AM
Hey friends, thanks a lot for your nice, nice support!! I would love to answer each one, but the hurry to end the models gave me a painful injury in my hands...:sad: but I will make everything to finish this work!! thanks a lot for your nice support mates!:applause:

banzato
05-03-2005, 03:37 AM
Exelent job. What about some blood in this scene? Nice composition too. :thumbsup: Opps, i saw that giger style... its very good. Try to put the cave togeter. Keep going.

AIR
05-03-2005, 08:58 AM
Dude,,this is good stuff.Really horrifyc.
I dont want ot dream this,that's for shure..U did good job with the snake. :thumbsup:

ilusiondigital
05-03-2005, 09:34 AM
Better and better my dear friend

safe05
05-04-2005, 01:30 AM
Looking good, mecman. Like the changes made to the main beasty and the addition of the snake. Much more balanced composition. The woman's left shoulder seems to blend into the snake a little much, but otherwise top notch work. :thumbsup:

mecman
05-04-2005, 04:08 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6043/6043_1115176111_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6043/6043_1115176111_large.jpg)

Hail friends!
This is the (almost) finished composition...I´ll add some details but I think it´s 99% done. Thanks a lot for the nice support!!

gu
05-04-2005, 04:16 AM
Wow, is just remaining a butcher to cut all these flesh!!haha

very realistic, very good lighting and modelling!!!
amazing wip!!!

congrats man!!

tá do caralho marcelão!

Abs

Gus

alexfalchi
05-04-2005, 10:29 AM
Hey Hey my friend Marcelo...nice update looking here. nice details you have make..
go marcelo go..amazing work big friend!! keep it always strong!!:thumbsup:

Alex.

ilusiondigital
05-04-2005, 11:07 AM
Wow mate, this background is much better, congratulations Mec

darko.romanov
05-04-2005, 12:04 PM
:eek: simply wonderful :eek:

bealobo
05-04-2005, 11:32 PM
well done!
:thumbsup:

Kenzor
05-05-2005, 12:32 AM
I really like the new backdrop. The giger stuff is really cool. :thumbsup:

CRIT. There two strong lines (one vertical and one horizontal) going directly across the middle of the picture. This is not good for your compostion as it splits the frame up. Strong lines are better located a third of way across the picture.

You could consider moving the central beam. and re-framing the picture slightly, possibly darking the edges to keep the eye focused in the center.

I hope this helps.

banzato
05-05-2005, 01:05 AM
Hey, well done. This is your style man. Amazing... that black area is exelent.

Im thinking here...
what do you think: "torture" machine holding the chains (mechanical parts) _ just to improve your exelent work. Just an idea. :thumbsup:

Congratulations. :applause:

Wandddo
05-05-2005, 04:57 AM
Excellent work on background Mecman!!!:bounce: Really nice details... beautiful final work... congrats! :thumbsup:
abraço

JRBRAZ
05-05-2005, 06:05 AM
Hey really cool background ... is getting better and better ... :bounce:

I just think the Master is too little... he is lost in the middle of image ... I don´t know if it´s possible, but if you scale high the master and make him bigger, maybe 3/4 of the high of the image, could make the master more imponent ...

Ou ainda uma outra ideia, é deixar o demonio-aranha lá mesmo, e fazer uma aranha mãe, como mestre de todos ... Vc poderia usar as mesmas pernas, e só fazer o corpo ... Um lugar que estava pensando, seria coloca-la de cabeça para baixo, na parte de cima da imagem, olhando para todos seus escravos, inclusive, o demonio menor, que poderia ser seu filho ...
Ah sim, independente disso, acho que ficaria legal uns cantos com teias, e talvez com uns cadaveres em cazulos, já que o mestre é metade aranha ... :thumbsup: Vc poderia colocar alguma coisa no primeiro plano tb .. acho que a ideia dos cazulos pendurados, se encaixaria muito bem ...

suk-grigorij
05-05-2005, 03:13 PM
Crazy stuff. I like it.

praguer28
05-05-2005, 07:18 PM
It´s getting better... Good work!

My thread:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=231948

http://img175.echo.cx/img175/7494/3dbrazil5uk.jpg

navylete
05-05-2005, 11:23 PM
Hi, I think all chains are too straight. Of course it is possible but there must be an force to do it so and I cannot to see there - the corpse looks too rezignatet, without any feel of rage, resist, no energy to make chains straight....
No more mistakes for me there, the rest is perfect - good luck

dcmoutinho
05-06-2005, 04:49 AM
great composition man !!!:thumbsup:

good look

neo_sk8rider
05-06-2005, 07:19 AM
Hey Mec You Bastard :bowdown: !!! Nothing to say bro.. You´ve been doing a pretty good work in the challenge my friend :buttrock: .. Keep it Up the fantastic work.. and dont drink too much beer in the weekend okay? hauahuahaa.. :beer: !!

Neo.

Virtuoso
05-07-2005, 01:13 AM
Really coming out very nicely marcelo......You have done a fine job here from start to "Near finish".......I like the choice for BG,in the end it is most fitting......I also like the idea "JR.BRAZ" brought up of scaling the master up.......Something that you could consider.......Anyways,,,,,you have a nice piece and showed some interesting and creepy skills here.....All the best to you with you're final touches...I'l be looking for that final soon looks like.....Best of luck to you.....:arteest:

overcontrast
05-07-2005, 01:53 AM
nice work man.. it still looks damn scarry to me.... wish u call the best :thumbsup:

mecman
05-09-2005, 04:54 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6043/6043_1115610845_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6043/6043_1115610845_large.jpg)

Hi friends!! Thanks a lot for all kind words,support and crits! Unfortunatelly, I don´t have more time to make adjusts or change anything else....a lot of work to do this month...so, I must stop the challenge now...
But again, thanks to all of you! I had a lot of fun and met nice people here!That was the best part of the contest for me, you´re great friends!
Hope to see all of you in the next challenge!!!

In this final composition I decided to cut the scene, to give more attention to the characters. Hope you like it!

See you mates! Best wishes!

alexfalchi
05-09-2005, 12:25 PM
MARCELO...final scene??!! wow my friend niceeeee..you strong!!

really lovely work my friend...have best look marcelo...you have make alot passion and really good job!!

good luck friend!!:bounce:

Alex.

Lemog
05-09-2005, 12:29 PM
I lose some update, but the last one is very amazing... impressive masterpiece for a very strange but interesting mood... congratulations Marcelo... hard work done... you can be proud :thumbsup:

gu
05-09-2005, 03:01 PM
Fabulous, full of flesh and violence! Amazing final scene! Best wishes and good luck for you man!

Marcelão, ficou 10 cara:applause: :buttrock:

Abração e boa sorte!

Gus

banzato
05-09-2005, 03:13 PM
Exelent, one interesting thing that i see here is that your work have style, a good style for me because i love this things. Death, Power, Master, Servant, Fear. I can see all this things in your job. :applause: :buttrock:Good luck.

Just exelent and i hope to see you in the next CGTalk Contest :thumbsup:

Heber G Conde
05-09-2005, 03:20 PM
Hi Marcelo,
I really like it! Great Background - cool ginger style!
Great Shader! I love the flesh tones! Cool color balance over the scene.

I think it´s working fine! Congratulations and Good luck!
Best Regards
Heber

JRBRAZ
05-09-2005, 03:21 PM
Very good. Finally finish :eek:

I´m feel for you don´t have more time to continue improving the scene, because I know you have some good ideas to apply ... but that´s ok. I know it was for a good reason. :thumbsup:

Gianluca
05-10-2005, 04:39 PM
nice final image, worthy to be inserted in a film of Clive Barker. :thumbsup:

Virtuoso
05-11-2005, 12:23 AM
nice final image, worthy to be inserted in a film of Clive Barker. :thumbsup:

..............Yes very true......:thumbsup:

.............. Marcelo........you did it...you won the fight to the finish line with a nice (But creepy ;) ) entry.......... The last environment choice you made was a good one too......You should be proud at the work you accomplished and finished,and you showed some nice execution and some real nice passion and love for what you did here......It was great meeting you here,and I sure hope to cross paths with you again in the future marcelo.......well done,and congrats on a real nice job......:arteest: :arteest:

Lemog
05-11-2005, 05:45 AM
Well done mate... and now... we have an another masterpiece in the challenge... :scream: hahaha that's great Marcelo... disturbing for me, but great :bowdown: respect...

dcmoutinho
05-12-2005, 01:44 PM
Great scene Mecman, congratulations :applause:

good look !!!:thumbsup:

Martinez3d
05-13-2005, 04:15 AM
Great Mecman! Impressive image you got there man! Disturbing, but impressive ;)
Congratulation man, you deserve it!

Good luck,

Rafael Martinez

Wandddo
05-13-2005, 04:20 AM
Mecman, once more congrats to your great work and final image... and I wanted to thank all the help that you gave me in my entry :thumbsup:
Vlw Mecman, I hope to see you in the next challenge :bounce: :thumbsup:
Good luck
gde abraço

eddieellis
05-13-2005, 04:17 PM
grate work my friend, nice and grusome :thumbsup: :buttrock:

ilusiondigital
05-13-2005, 04:41 PM
Fantastic final image Marcelo, congratulations and good luck mate

DaddyMack
05-13-2005, 11:10 PM
Hey Mec, well done creating a bizarre and icky piece here man! The foreground is amazing:thumbsup::thumbsup:

BlackDidThis
05-14-2005, 07:14 AM
Well no worries.. not too much to add as it is anyways.. just personal touches that some may have done diffrent.

your image and it's elements are very good as they are. It is a pity that you won't be able to work on any furthur, but you have already done so much for it.
I am glad you had fun in the making.. as we definately had alot of fun watching you in the process! :)

Good Luck Marcelo;

Black

arLutiK
05-14-2005, 09:05 PM
Marcelo, glad to see you are done, very good work on the details, the scene is really creepy.

Very nice work :thumbsup:

mecman
05-15-2005, 07:17 AM
Hi friends, thanks a lot for your nice words! I´ll try to answer each one since my last words, hope i don´t forgot anyone

Alex H: thanks a lot for your constant support in this challenge! Hope to see you again in the next contest!:thumbsup:

Gus: valeu cara pelo apoio!! vou estar torcendo pelo seu no 2d! nao desanima nao!!

Greg: thanks mate! the intention was to make some realy nasty and disgusting image, so, no relief this time! haha, thanks for your tips and crits!

Bmax: Valeu bro, brigadão

Maxko: Thanks a lot my friend! Nice to see your support and thanks a lot for your opinion!

Neeno: Thanks mate!! I´m really happy you liked the new features on the scene! Thanks a lot for the constant support!

Sioyong: thanks a lot for your opinion!!

Wanddo: thanks my friend! thanks a lot for you support, it was very important for me mate! and good luck too!

Alex Falchi: Thanks a lot my good friend! It was a pleasure to meet you here, and now this contest gave me a really great friend! Thanks a lot for your constant support!!:thumbsup:

xric7: Thanks a lot mate

Beatriz: Thanks a lot beatriz! The light source was some kind of fire, but unfortunately i have no time to make it...so many things to change...but..:shrug: Thanks a lot for your opinions and sugestions!!!

Edie: thanks a lot my friend! Your presence here was a pleasure! Thanks a lot mate, and see you on the next challenge:thumbsup: !!

Heber: Cara, muito obrigado pela presença, curti muito ver vc por aqui cara!!Grande abraço e ate o próximo churras!! hahaa

Banzato: Valeu pelo apoio e presença constante aqui cara! brigadão mesmo!!

Bartolo: Valeu bro!! Pena que vc nao participou desse, mas valeu mesmo pela presença cara!

Ken t: Thanks mate, you´re right, in that composition the floor is without shadows!!:D thanks a lot for your words!

Virtuoso: Michael, your nice words always gives me the strenght to cary on and finish this work! Thanks a lot for your opinions, it was a plesure to meet you here too! and i hope to see you again on the next challenge my friend!:thumbsup:

Infinita: thanks mate!!

Daniel: Muito obrigado pela presença e pelas sugestões man, muito obrigado mesmo!!! fiquei feliz que vc acompanhou! abração!!

Goktug: thanks a lot for your support mate!!

Ilusiondigital: thanks a lot my friend, thanks a lot for your words and constant support!! It was a pleasure for me!!

black: Man, thnaks a lot for your support, you always gave me nice tips and suggestions and i have no words to thanks your help!! thanks a lot my friend!!

praguer28: Valeu cara! obrigado mesmo!!!

Versiden: Thanks a lot mate!! I´m glad you liked!! thanks a lot for your nice support!!

Air: Thanks a lot for your interest and kind words my friend!!

safe05: thanks mate!! Glad you liked! thanks a lot for your visit!!

darko: Thanks a lot mate!! thanks!!

Braz: Cara muito obrigado pelo apoio constante e pelas sugestões, queria de verdade ter feito a maioria delas! :cry: valeu mesmo bro!! e ate o proximo!!

Suk: Thanks mate! It was a pleasure to meet you here and see your nice work!! thanks a lot!!

Navylete: Thanks mate...I think the weight could do that...thanks a lot!

Neo: Valeu bro, brigadão pelo apoio constante!!!Grande abraço!!

overcontrast: thanks a lot mate!! thanks for your nice words!! glad you liked!!

Lemog: Thanks a lot for your visit lemog! I´m realy glad you liked!!thanks a lot mate!! your work is stunning!!

gianluca: hahaha, thanks a lot mate!! Thanks a lot for your visit and kind words!!

Martinez3d: Valeu bro! legal que curtiu!! obrigado pelo apoio no contest!!

Daddymack: thanks a lot for your nice words my friend! And thanks a lot for your support!!

Arlutik: Hey mate, thanks a lot!! glad you liked!!

thanks a lot my friends!! Your support were amazing!!! thanks to all of you who spent some time writing in my entry! it was very important for me!! thanks a lot!!

mecman
05-15-2005, 07:59 AM
the history ..inspired by an old horror game....Kult

My intention was to recreate a world that lies beneath our world, a twisted maze of organic corridors, a borderland between madness and death, where horror and pain feed dark creatures that roam on our cities searching for new preys they needed for their own survival. The pain and horror of the poor preys gives force and powers to these demons, keeping these servants alive under torture...serving with pain and fear...in a twisted relationship of servitude.

In this scene i recreate this torture chamber, with the master demon torturing the human and feeding himself with the servant´s fear and pain. We can see another human, with her mind torn apart and destroyed, after a long time of servitude under torture...the big snake is a lesser demon, used by the great master to hunt the humans above the chambers, bringing then to an endles suffering...

alexfalchi
05-15-2005, 09:01 AM
Nice story my friend Marcelo...nice work you have make here.....

hope we see in the next challange my friend.....:cry: best luck, best luck!!!

Alex.

Virtuoso
05-15-2005, 09:41 AM
Hey marcelo......the story adds to the picture,good job.And now you can relax while guys like me have to work 24 hours a day to finish......;) .....Nice to see you gain....and I know we will be meeting again.....all the best to you once again....:arteest: :arteest:

goktugg
05-17-2005, 09:37 PM
So FRIGHTENING!!!...but GREAT STUFF!!!:thumbsup: Awesome Work!
super*extreme details(perfect modelling*texturing progress!)
shortly Good Wip!

Congratulation | Good Luck!:)

mecman
05-18-2005, 02:42 AM
Hey my friends, thanks a lot for this amazing support...Alex,Michael and Goktug, thanks my friends! See you on the next challenge! haha
Thanks!:thumbsup:

alexfalchi
05-18-2005, 06:36 AM
of course my friend...next challange!! best luck to you my best friend!!:thumbsup:

alex.h.
05-18-2005, 07:18 AM
great work mec man, love it scary and yeeeee slimyyyy, see you mate :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Matt-Bortolino
05-18-2005, 05:04 PM
Disturbing & horrifically detailed, but in a good way :scream: Love it, well done!

theuni
05-22-2005, 10:37 AM
Hi Marcelo,

really nice artwork you produced here :thumbsup: I like the creepy feeling the image sends out :)

alexfalchi
05-22-2005, 07:10 PM
For my good friend..ones again best luck!!:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
05-22-2005, 07:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.