PDA

View Full Version : Stupid newbie question

dragongirl
03-22-2005, 06:51 PM
I just barely downloaded this the other day.

I can't seem to find an easy way to undo a mistake I made.

Is there a specific window of buttons that has the undo, or some sort of keyboard shortcut?

Samo
03-22-2005, 07:10 PM
Undo? humm... err... there is not undo... in Object mode.

You can't undo anything you do outside EDIT mode.

In EDIT mode, yes, there is UNDO and REDO.

UNDO= U
REDO= Shift + U

And yes, is a P.I.T.A, but you get used :)

DGEbel
03-22-2005, 07:18 PM
Like most GUIs there's (now) several ways to Undo. Your standard Ctrl-Z works as well as the U key (or as Blender usually says, U-key.) Shift-U is Redo, but the way.

However - note that Undo is a bit flaky sometimes. Its still pretty new for Blender. It works best on changes to meshes, whilst in Object Edit mode (ie, press TAB or select the Mode pop-up box and select Edit Mode).

If you select the Mesh menu button now, you will see the Undo/History/Redo options at the bottom.

A very, very good habit to get into is to use the F2 key a lot! :D (Save key) Note that you can press the number-pad "+" key while the save dialog is show and it will automatically increment the version number of the file. So push F2,+,Enter frequently!

You can also drag down the bottom edge of the window at the top (there's a bold "i" button there) and you will see the Info window. Click the AutoSave button and adjust the options there to suit, for when your computer crashes!

chimpoid
03-22-2005, 07:18 PM
You can't undo anything you do outside EDIT mode.

Ctrl+Z
Undo

Ctrl+Y
Redo

Just like most apps.

Chimpoid

Samo
03-22-2005, 07:24 PM
sorry, I don't check very well all the new features :D stupid me

dragongirl
03-23-2005, 11:09 PM
Thanks. I have another stupid question.

I want to delete one of the vertices within my wire frame, but I don't want to lose the plane. As of now, when I press X to delete a vertice, it deletes the plane its on as well. Any suggestions?

steeloavenger
03-28-2005, 09:24 PM
um... im creating a game where you use the mouse's LMB to fire the primary weapon, but it has a limited amount of ammo. i want to change my controller to an expression but i dont know the name of the left mouse. my question is what is the name of the mouse button so that blender can do my expression of limited fire. (ex."leftmousebutton? AND flak>0") happy blending and PLEASE HELP ME... OH LAWD PLEASE HELP... sniff sniff

kattkieru
03-29-2005, 01:25 AM
Thanks. I have another stupid question.

I want to delete one of the vertices within my wire frame, but I don't want to lose the plane. As of now, when I press X to delete a vertice, it deletes the plane its on as well. Any suggestions?

The vertices make the plane, so naturally by deleting one you'll lose your shape. Are you trying to create a triangle?

DIA'A
04-01-2005, 12:19 PM
kattkieru (http://www.cgtalk.com/member.php?u=129608) vbmenu_register("postmenu_2096362", true);
the office ninja isn't right ! with my greets i'm not your enemy

dragon girl to solve this problem do follows

enter edit mode then select the vertix you want then press x then select vertex from the list that appears !

ok if the list hasn't appeared then you may download blender 2.36 wich have this list !

visit my site

http://www.geocities.com/zeckoman512/t1.html

a tut !

CGTalk Moderation
04-01-2005, 12:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.