PDA

View Full Version : Master and Servant 2D Entry: linda lukšić

Pages : [1] 2 3

calisto-lynn
03-22-2005, 07:43 PM
linda lukšić has entered the Master and Servant 2D.

Challenge Page (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/masterandservant/view_entries.php?challenger=6021)

Latest Update: Final Image: FINALY!!
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6021/6021_1116352401_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6021/6021_1116352401_large.jpg)

here is my final final image. think its ok now. there is still time so feel free to tell if something is wrong..my eyes fell of so i cant see for myself! thanx alot for the great support, comments and critics. u have all been a great help to me. i hope ill see u all in the next challenge. ILL DEFFINITLY PARTICIPATE AGAIN!!lol

nebezial
03-23-2005, 07:06 PM
jeeepooo:) jojam good luck kupo:thumbsup:

calisto-lynn
03-28-2005, 11:45 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6021/6021_1112010347_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6021/6021_1112010347_large.jpg)

still working on the story for this work, my computer is busted, and under repairs, so till its fixed, ill do sketches, right now i am on my boyfriends computer working

NOOB!
03-28-2005, 11:46 AM
nice sketches,i'll wait for more!

nebezial
03-28-2005, 12:00 PM
:bounce: I jaaa bi radiooo, Great concept, this looks like serious lighting potential:thumbsup:

OKMER
03-28-2005, 12:03 PM
Yeah,welcom and good luck and loads of fun!!!
Nice sketches and indeed this is going to be a lightshow!
LAter

calisto-lynn
03-28-2005, 05:27 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6021/6021_1112030825_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6021/6021_1112030825_large.jpg)

hello again folks! here i made an update, i'm curently working on the skin shading, and shadow analisis.
i want to thank ya all for your comments, and encourangments.

stevesherrin
03-28-2005, 07:19 PM
I hope you can translate it well into 3D. I love the emotion conveyed by the sketches- you are one of the few I've seen that haven't overlooked that aspect. Good luck and keep up the good work!

Reinier
03-28-2005, 08:02 PM
Looking good :thumbsup:

Wondering what the story is behind this scene :) awaiting updatesss

~ Reinier

nebezial
03-28-2005, 10:00 PM
Whoa, serious ps skills . i liiikees, it has this strange vibrating aura thingie, well keep it up:bounce:

NOOB!
03-28-2005, 10:25 PM
she has a vibrator nebezial?

OOOh a vibrating aura...my bad :thumbsup:

lookin gud calisto!

calisto-lynn
03-28-2005, 10:35 PM
thank y all for comments. about the story, it's on the way.ill keep u squirming a little more hehehe:twisted: *think* *think*:banghead: ahem.. wow i thought this wibrating aura is only to be in the sketch, but i think ill use it now tx!:love: and for u NOOB... A VIBRATOR??!! now is that a way to talk to a lady? now kiss the boot or ill spank u!:wip: :blush:

NOOB!
03-28-2005, 10:40 PM
i'll kiss the boot,but can i get spanked anyway??

hahahhaha.i'm jus playin!

i'll look out for u next update,take ur time though.

calisto-lynn
03-29-2005, 10:59 AM
well, thank u NOOB u will get spanked..hehe im playin too..

well i finally, so y all have to be satsfied with that plus my comments, on yours works, since i mentioned that my computer broke down, and i have nowhere to draw...*sigh*:sad:

my story poked me all the way while i was doing the sketces so had quite some time to think about it... i imagine it would be a love story actually, in which you can't really tell which one is the slave, and which one the master. they are somewhat even.
i think that we as humans are dependant on each other..the slaves are dependant on the mercy of ther masters, and masters are dependant on the slaves servces.
she is supposed to be a slave of her own feelings. i hope that i expressed good emotion on her face, if not HEEEELP...SUGESTIONS PLEEEASE!! she has feelings for him, but their time has come to an end. she is in pain, not wanting to let his hand go, he is her light in darkness, her master. the "master" has his own weaknesses. he s not very fond of her, but he is bond to her. he' s a slave of his consience, he doesent want to hurt her. the look on his face is distant, he suffers too, as if he lost his freedom... well tell me what y all think, i thank u in adwance, y all are always a great help! :love: i love y all, people...

nebezial
03-29-2005, 11:02 AM
AWWW everybody is getting spanked here.... NOOB... Calisto.. GET a ROOM!:twisted: oh , yeah, i like the story:thumbsup:

calisto-lynn
03-29-2005, 11:05 AM
whoa! comments ALREADY? and yust went to get coffie.. dont worry neb...i can spank u also..:twisted:

nebezial
03-29-2005, 11:13 AM
YAAAY what an honour:rolleyes: hehe oh ... WHAT!? NOOB IS STILL HERE? man what are you writing, a new testament?:D

calisto-lynn
03-29-2005, 11:20 AM
heey nebezial now look what you've done!! you scared him away!!:sad:

NOOB!
03-29-2005, 11:52 AM
actually i was reading,then i went to work on sum of my colouring...and didn't come out of the thread....sorry.

i like the story concept,but i wud have to see more art and plans to see where u can go with it,right now i think u need a more dynamic pic,try a different angle for both characters.

we don't need a room,public is fine.:buttrock:

keep goin! i'll check back later.

ms@zx
03-29-2005, 12:23 PM
hmm..nice concept but i'd go with noob comments here,try some different angle perhaps.do u think they need some garments on,does the story really needs them to bare their skin?just an opinion:)would love to see more!

nebezial
03-30-2005, 11:50 AM
i agree with ms@zx , i think some well designed clothes would contribute greatly otherwise, i would crit the composition but i know from my own example, that there is that canvas sizs thing in photoshop, im sure ull use it well:thumbsup:
ČEP JOJA:love:

calisto-lynn
03-31-2005, 01:59 PM
thank ya all for your suggestions, i will use them.:bounce:

THE Wizard
03-31-2005, 10:23 PM
Ovo zaista izgleda lepo, i hteo sam da ti dam nekoliko sugestija, al posto imas decka necu!

Salim se:) Ovako, mogla bi da im stavis oko zglobova lance i okove, i obuces u malo iscepane krpice i umesto fenjera stavi tipu noz ili neku motku , a u pozadini nacrtaj nekog mrtvog coveka, zmaja, cudoviste, ili sta god sto bi pretstavljalo njihovog gospodara... Tako bi imala solidnu pricu i ideju koju jos nisam video na sajtu, jer svi crtaju slike u kojima Masteri dominiraju Servantima. Ovo bi moglo da bude pravo osvezenje. Nadam se da te nije smorio ovaj post. Ukoliko ti se svidi ideja i treba ti mala pomoc oko necega, imas moj link (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=225858)

Srecno (Sretno), Bog!

calisto-lynn
04-01-2005, 10:38 AM
hehe hvala na sugestijama.:D nisi me zbunio, komp mi je u kršu pa se za sad dopisujem sa kompova na faksu. imala sam već ideju sa okovima pa sam ju odbacila, ali tko zna..mozda jos ukomponiram:bounce: SREĆNO i tebi:)

NOOB!
04-01-2005, 10:51 AM
KOJE SRANJE!!!

:thumbsup:

calisto-lynn
04-01-2005, 10:59 AM
:) uuuu now i see why nebezial needed to translate to croatian...i know, i know its not far to talk on croatian with other people, becouse others feel left out. i promise i wont do it again.

Sorry NOOB, everyone..

nebezial
04-01-2005, 11:14 AM
YAAY my translaton is put to good use, Calisto work !:thumbsup:

TheFirstAngel
04-01-2005, 11:39 PM
dobru noc, didn't get a word of the croatian, lol, but i like your work a lot. wish you good luck and lots of fun. keep it up!:thumbsup:

calisto-lynn
04-04-2005, 01:19 PM
...aaaah..finally.. i got my computer repaired...it will be a hot night tonight!!
:bounce: ...and with no kinky thoughts..please :twisted:

nebezial
04-04-2005, 08:31 PM
uuu a hot night eh... lots of UP dates eh:wavey:

calisto-lynn
04-05-2005, 10:11 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6021/6021_1112692278_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6021/6021_1112692278_large.jpg)

this is still just a sketch, i listend to your advices...sorry wizard, no dragons yet..so i shanged the pose a bit, and i tried to make her look a bit more dramatic.the thing she\\\'s pulling is his skirt, or robe, or something like that. well i still have a hard time with putting shadows..but practice makes perfect i guess. she will be put in woods, but im still in pain with composition...

NOOB!
04-05-2005, 11:36 AM
nice! keep at it!

calisto-lynn
04-05-2005, 07:52 PM
NOOOOOOB is back!!! im so happy!! where were u man all this time? i couldnt find u these days anywhere.. hope u sent another thread. cant wait to see!:bounce:

NOOB!
04-05-2005, 08:05 PM
i'm taking a break from replying to peoples work.

i need to focus on mine for now,look out for an update this weekend,i haven't changed anything since the last time u saw.

urs is looking great,i see a little nebezial inspiration...

GhostInTheMachine
04-05-2005, 08:05 PM
looks like its coming along nicely, the last one is pretty good tho her leg is a little on the massive side. :D
gl with it

THE Wizard
04-05-2005, 11:12 PM
Ohh, coloring... nice... Keep it up, there's more to be done, and you're doing it fine...:thumbsup:

Lepo, lepo!

AlyFell
04-06-2005, 08:37 AM
Lovely washy paintwork, and the colours are working well! Looking forward to you final composition Calisto! :)

calisto-lynn
04-06-2005, 01:28 PM
to ghost in the machine: tx, im practicing colouring a bit, yeah i think ill change the whole pose, and not only the leg, i have another idea on my mind.

to NOOB: yeah i admire nebezials work, he has the knowledge of anatomy, colouring...so it makes me work even harder then i usualy do. it shows me how i suck, so i have to practice, but in my own way. y know to take only what i need...

to wizard: thank u wiz, im sure it is a lot more to be done, so like japanese would say: benkyo, benkyo! (study, study- i think) :D

to poshspice: thanx mate, you'll see it soon..(well as soon as i sort my ideas..)

nebezial
04-06-2005, 01:35 PM
AWWW im fluttered:rolleyes: ... U DONT SUCK!!! it is a great colourwork, cant wait till u take it to the next stage... wonder what the overall composition will be like decrease the shadow contrasting on the back, the first rule is keep it simple:D ... and then complicate the hell out of it by setting ur brush to overlay mode and add a million more colours mwahahaha aaand then computer collapses...RIIIGHT

Arc80
04-06-2005, 01:38 PM
your sketch is looking good so far. A little flat but it communicates whats going on with her.
I would love to see the whole composition though. keep in coming

cheers,
Archie :p

calisto-lynn
04-06-2005, 01:39 PM
can your computer take layers... mine can!! mwahahaha...

um..anyway it is an honour to take coments from you.. i am not worthy of thee..:scream: and i.. i thank you..and..um..i..i..ithink i love you...:love:

calisto-lynn
04-06-2005, 07:17 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6021/6021_1112811442_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6021/6021_1112811442_large.jpg)

here is the sketch of the second part of the picture...well... the face. i hope he doesent look like a girl, cuz i had a hard time drawing his face. my tendention was a japanize like alan rickman thingie..aww well.i have lots of things in mind so i just wanted to finish the first idea. please comment, crit, anything..

nebezial
04-06-2005, 07:24 PM
muuuch better, great expression...u love me?:love: jojam, to te ja pitam!!!

GhostInTheMachine
04-06-2005, 11:32 PM
he does look a little like a girl... try referring to The Princess Blade film (do an image search or something). Takashi in that film looks very similar to what i think your heading for with your character.
hope its some help :)

THE Wizard
04-07-2005, 01:28 AM
COOL!

Ali mislim da trebas malo da mu prosiris bradu, nekako mi je uzana... Ili hoces da postignes manga-final fantasy still, u tom slucaju je kako treba... vozi!!

calisto-lynn
04-07-2005, 10:06 AM
to GhostInTheMachine: yeah, tx. i can get rid of manga in any of my works, my style might be a little different, but i looove their style. im trying to do something in between, but i dont want my males to look like girls.. back to work.. tx for the comment.:applause:

THE Wizard: mislim da ću mu proširit bradu, volim final fantasy, ali ne volim njihove gl. likove. brrr..a bit girly, yeah... volim anime i mange, zato je brada šiljasta...aww just cant help it..:eek:

nebezial: tx nebie..:)

grafik
04-07-2005, 11:12 AM
I like your concept! it has pontencial, keep up, i will be watching your work... good luck!:thumbsup:

my MASTER & SLAVE:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?p=2138465 (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?p=2138465)

Arc80
04-07-2005, 11:38 AM
what's up Linda,

Thanks for checking out my thread.

Okay, i think his neck is a little thin. The facial expression is cool. If you widen his jaw line instead of making it pointy (which is mostly a japanese anime style) i think that should help it out. I'm a big fan of anime too. Keep it coming.

cheers,
Archie

calisto-lynn
04-07-2005, 01:38 PM
thanx archie:D
i apreciate your sugestion!:)

spacesnail
04-07-2005, 02:22 PM
Hello,

nice job on colouring.:thumbsup:

Since I've quickly read your thread, may I do a little suggestion.
After reading the background story, it made think of the relation between soulmates.
Maybe your romantic vision would figure out some kind of souls tied with each other, trying to get away but able to do so. Hope you understand all this (my french brain is a little fuzzy).

Cheers

Snail

THE Wizard
04-07-2005, 05:23 PM
hehe, ako pokusavas da izvuces anime stil (sto bi bilo fenomenalno) pogledaj vampire hunter bloodline, vampire D-a, glavnog tipa... On je onako, tipican anime al je do jaja!!

P.S. Ukoliko nemas njegovu sliku reci, mogu da ti posaljem neku, ili pak divx (samo da me ne uvate da valjam pirateriju!:twisted: )

Reinier
04-07-2005, 07:55 PM
Hey Calisto, You asked a question about the DSG in my thread but i think its more convenient for you when i post my reply in yours.

Nice that you want to join :D. Nope you dont have to sign up or anything... Everyday a new thread with a particular topic is made by the Forum Leader. then you make a sketch about that topic and post it in the thread. these are the rules...:

These are the rules:
* Post only your FINAL piece on this thread, based on the topic on the thread.
* RESOLUTION : The image can have any aspect ratio up to 800 x 600
* They can be done on any medium.
* If you wish, you can add a brief text description about your piece.
* Only original compositions. No "tributes" or plagiarizing, unless is it an integral part of the challenge.
* The topics will be posted every day between 10:00 - 12:00 am US EST.
* The artist also has to post total length of time it took (Thanks Clanger for the idea) and program used.
* Only final pieces can be posted on the thread. They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.
* Any piece caught breaking the rules will be taken off the thread.
* The topics will be picked at random from the list on this thread
(The author will be given credit). So guys keep them coming.
*You can add multiple entries, but please dont post WIP (Unless you intend to update them). NEW RULE!
* Ill post ANOTHER thread to quantify and track WHO has participated the most on these threads.

-R

When you take a look at the DSG thread i think everything will be clear enough.

Work on the challenge is going kinda slow these days... work work work. but thanks for the nice comments though. :)

Reinier
04-07-2005, 08:39 PM
I like where you are going with you drawing... Very nice colors. yes he has girl features in his face but the first time i saw it, i did not think it was a girl. On the other hand... i may be a bit used to seeing these kind of faces in for example final fantasy :P .

And to be honest i do think it can look very interesting. (the paintings by Linda Bergkvist come to mind)

Keep going... i will keep an eye on this. :thumbsup:

~ Rnr

calisto-lynn
04-07-2005, 09:03 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6021/6021_1112904230_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6021/6021_1112904230_large.jpg)

here i drew a litlle concept of the background, just to let you on the basic rough idea, ill proabably change it several times again. do you think night would suit my painting better? i personaly do.

NOOB!
04-07-2005, 09:06 PM
nooo. no dark ness,it looks sexy the way it is.

just like me.

*random mirror breaks*

calisto-lynn
04-07-2005, 09:36 PM
to spacesnail:
thanx for commenting, yeah thats just it what i had in mind, a love story, soulmates. im so happy somebody understands the story, actually i was the one that made the story fuzzy cos i was in a hurry also. tx again!!:bounce:

to THE Wizard: ajme hvala ti na ponudi, Vampire D sam gledala i ful mi je super, a ovaj drugi nisam, ali mislim da ću ga uspjet nabavit. nebih htjela tebe uvlačit u nevolje. ali slike bi mi super došle.:D hvala ti puno!;) kad nabavim taj drugi anime javit cu ti dojmove, a i vjerojatno ćeš vidjeti i kakvu promjenicu na mom stilu!

to Reinier: tx for rules and everything, and tx for comments. yeah, im actually going a bit manga, but not too much, yeah something like final fantasy..even though i never liked main characters..they were all blond..well except for squall..i liked him..even though he wasnt a wery talkative person..:D

to NOOB! i so glad you're back again, you sexy beast.. you've better posted something this time, or there will be more punishing spanking for me to do. dark ness? you mean the background? i dont know, ill post it in night colours again, and well see which one will suit me better. tx for commenting!:D

to grafik: tx mate, good luck 2 u 2.

NOOB!
04-07-2005, 09:50 PM
to NOOB! you've better posted something this time, or there will be more punishing

uh oh.....:eek:

*runs*

beelow
04-07-2005, 10:31 PM
I like this concept. It is very soothing when I look at it and like the colors too. It is very dreamlike. It reminds me of Final Fantasy7.:thumbsup:

Mordalles
04-08-2005, 12:06 AM
the background looks really great, and yeah night would be better, some nice moonlight in the water.

Arc80
04-08-2005, 03:05 AM
Cool. The background is looking nice. Very calm and peaceful and with a little touch of mysteriousness. I would definately go with the Moon to give a nice ambient light. It'll also be a good effect if you put the reflection of the moon on the water. It can help steer the viewers eyes on your focal point.

cheers,
Archie

nebezial
04-08-2005, 07:54 AM
the back of the work has a good spacial feeling, it is deep and mistical, the lower part with the water though lacks the depth and seems to force itself upon the composition, try adding more plans, it looks extremely promising for now, u just have to tweak the holes :thumbsup:

calisto-lynn
04-08-2005, 09:20 AM
to beelow: tx, yeah, i notced yust now that u mentioned it, it does look a little like the place where they put aeris. the 7 is one of the best sequales to me. it has great backgrounds.:D

to Mordalles and Arc80: tx guys, i think i ll do something about it. actually, my first idea was to put it in the night, with moonlight, and the master holding secondary source of light, a lantern filled with fireflies. it would give a nice contrast to the painting.:) well off to work..

to nebezial: yeah i know the front part is a bit confusing, im still wondering where to put my characters.. dont worry ill tweak the holes, ill proabably go for the nighty atmosphere, and change some things...:applause:

calisto-lynn
04-08-2005, 11:05 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6021/6021_1112954705_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6021/6021_1112954705_large.jpg)

well as promised, i said ill change the colours, and i think it is a much happier solution. i couldnt say its night, more like morning.. ill change it again.also i made, a shore in front. there\'s a lot of work for me to do. i m wondering what do you all think of it now.it\'s not final, of course.. tx everybody!

nebezial
04-08-2005, 11:08 AM
looks better but the first plan still looks a bit forced out, maybe something with the perspective, try adding a nice boiulder:D colour scheme shows a great improvement keep it up!

calisto-lynn
04-08-2005, 11:14 AM
nope! i think ill put a log on which she will be sitting. patience nebie!:arteest:

nebezial
04-08-2005, 11:18 AM
a big robot maybe:D , no i think i got it , ur perspective point is too high, lower it for about one fifth of height, that should do it

GhostInTheMachine
04-08-2005, 11:21 AM
the setting is looking very nice. the hint at detail in the tree branches (centre top) looks really good.

element5
04-08-2005, 11:43 AM
Hiya saw you over at nebezial thread thought I would come and see what you were up to :)

Nice going so far I do like the first background colours, maybe a little contrast would be nice.

Cheers Mark

ralphmanning
04-08-2005, 04:18 PM
Looking really good here so far - I like that background a lot. Keep up the good work!

grafik
04-08-2005, 05:23 PM
Hey! i really like this background u're working on, it's looking great!!!:) good color scheme u re using, it got cool mood!!!

keep up:thumbsup: tx for watchin too

my MASTER & SLAVE:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?p=2138465 (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?p=2138465)

NOOB!
04-08-2005, 09:26 PM
nice background.

i'd live there.

calisto-lynn
04-08-2005, 09:48 PM
to nebezial: yeah, and maybe a giant donut terorising around sayin "boooga" all the time..:D but tx for the other advice, ill see what i can do.

to GhostInTheMachine, Xeophex,grafik and element5: tx for advices, and comments:)

to NOOB: tx mate, so would i...sigh

NOOB!
04-08-2005, 09:49 PM
sigh

did i say sumthin wrong? :sad:

calisto-lynn
04-08-2005, 10:21 PM
no, no, no! absolutely not. it has nothing to do with you. its like, if i build a house there, i'll ruin it. i love nature and want keep it way it is: beautiful by herself.
tx noobie.:)

am7
04-08-2005, 10:29 PM
Hey man! you'r concepts are looking good! :) Perhaps you should put some dark silhouette's in the front (like some treeroots or something) to get a better contrast and also frame the focus to your characters when you include them.

Keep it up!

calisto-lynn
04-08-2005, 10:36 PM
whoa, you must have some supernatural powers. thats just what im working on!:)
a log, covered in plans in first plan, and roots, and all kinds of stuff like that..:D and im having some great time!

spacesnail
04-08-2005, 10:46 PM
Hi Calisto

Nice mood with promising background:thumbsup:

maybe you can draw some haze coming from the water. This would add some aerial perspective and may help silhouetting the characters. Will you post a rough study with th etwo characters ?

Yours

Snail

calisto-lynn
04-09-2005, 06:18 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6021/6021_1113067089_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6021/6021_1113067089_large.jpg)

oww..my eyes. i\'ve been doing this sketch whole day, and my eyes poured out...well i hope you like their designs..if not.. well as usual:crit, crit, crit!:-)

NOOB!
04-09-2005, 06:30 PM
they look great,

however the head on the guy looks really painfull,is it possible to turn ur head that far and hold it there, without moving ur body?

calisto-lynn
04-09-2005, 06:34 PM
yeah, ur right ill fix it . tx!

calisto-lynn
04-09-2005, 06:35 PM
yeah, you're right. ill fix it. tx:)

NOOB!
04-09-2005, 06:42 PM
*cough*i made an update in my thread*cough*

Arc80
04-09-2005, 06:53 PM
Yeah, his head is looking like he is on a profile post. Like the colour choice and that glowing thing looks like it's another good light source. I like the details on her outfit so far. She looks a little small compare to the guys size and hieght.

cheers,
Archie

THE Wizard
04-10-2005, 12:04 AM
great feel for colors, but as above is said, head... o no no no... too much out of human posibilities:)

Slav
04-10-2005, 12:38 AM
i like the newest update ... animeish... but i am definatly digging the subject matter.

AIR
04-10-2005, 01:21 AM
Hej lindach,nekako mi se vise svidjala originalna zamisao,,ovdje ischitavam dosta autoportreta,,,,And u should try wining this challenge so u can finally get monitor with normal rgb highlight. :) :eek:

ms@zx
04-10-2005, 06:59 AM
hie calisto,nice update on the latest one,i think the proportion of the guy's head seems alil too big compared to the gal infront of him..its still a good one all and alll:)keep this going~

calisto-lynn
04-10-2005, 10:33 AM
tx all, for comments, yeah i think ai got a little ahead on myself..a bit in a rush. dont worry ill fix everything. right now im trying to think about a new pose for him, yeah this one is a little deformed. and he seems like he cares too mush, and he should be the master!:D

sorry for not being on the net, and not visiting your sites, ill do it on monday. i have too much work right now. cheers!! work, work, work!!!:arteest:

calisto-lynn
04-10-2005, 08:39 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6021/6021_1113161964_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6021/6021_1113161964_large.jpg)

ok,so i changed my concept a bit, here is the basic layout: she, the servant, has been talking all day long, and annoying the hell out of him, the master, so he loses it...
"ok! you have been yapping your mouth off the whole day! so what im gonna do is im gonna wham this fireball right into your face, and make u eat it! will that make u shut up for one damn minute?!" -sooo.. how do you like the new concept? :-)

grafik
04-10-2005, 08:46 PM
Lol!!!:D funny story!!! eh eh

i really like how this is going!!! good work on colours and lights, u also improved the figures proportions in this last one! keep up!!!

MASTER & SLAVE:

NOOB!
04-10-2005, 08:52 PM
haha great story.

and its lookin excellent!

nebezial
04-10-2005, 09:04 PM
i love it!!! WHAM, eat fire u yapper!!:twisted:

THE Wizard
04-10-2005, 11:08 PM
Well, I sure ain't gonna try to piss you off... so... it's... ugh...good. No, no...don't shoot me, it's grreeaatttt:applause:

Junacina, puca fireball na zensku - e da mu JA pokazem sta je fireball... Samo da nadjem magicni stapic...

GhostInTheMachine
04-10-2005, 11:33 PM
hmm... kinky ;)

good work linda, like the fireball.

calisto-lynn
04-11-2005, 09:06 AM
to grafik: tx man.. hehe i like it myself, well it was thoght out in five minutes, and laught for 2 hours!:D

to NOOB! hehe thanx!

to nebezial: take that!! iscuri!!

to THE Wizard: yees tremble!! the oath..its ominous...onda, sta mi nije odgovor divno besmislen??:)

to GhostInTheMachine: tx man!!:)

dloots
04-11-2005, 09:14 AM
Cool concept and update your work is great, the only thing that I would suggest is maybe making him look more angry or upset, unless this is not what you are going for. Keep the the updates coming.

Good luck

:applause:

Zephyri
04-11-2005, 12:00 PM
This is looking to be something pretty special... I adore the colours you've used in the background, and the story adds a nice touch. Though to be honest, I wouldn't have come to the conclusion that he was really angry just by looking at the picture. She looks kinda down, rather than intimidated, and his body language and expression aren't saying "I'm pissed" to me particularly. I think if you perhaps put some movement into his body (even down to just putting some movement into his hair, like he's swung his head, snapping at her, pull his arm back like he's about to let fly with the fireball) and work on making his expression a bit more snarly. Try pulling faces in the mirror, get as extreme as you can with mad, then perhaps have her shrinking back from him, as if he's just snapped because she's been prattling on all day, she's not likely to expect his sudden outburst. But aside from that, I really love your colour palette and style, it's very painterly. Keep up the good work!

calisto-lynn
04-11-2005, 02:26 PM
thank u dloots ill see what i can do. the thing is i made up a story out of fun, so i dont think it should be a subject for a contest, it doesent seem serious, however i like it in a way. its different..somehow..

Zepyhri i thank u also, well as i said before, i made a story out of fun.. but i thank u for the comments, you intried me to go on a totally different direction. this should be interesting..

Arc80
04-11-2005, 02:37 PM
HAHAHA, that's really funny. Me like the way you think. The update is looking great. Love the colours and the background. WICKED :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

cheers,
Archie

Zephyri
04-11-2005, 03:36 PM
d'oh! Sorry.. I'm slow on the uptake at the minute... full of head cold. In that case ignore all my blundering comments!

calisto-lynn
04-11-2005, 03:48 PM
no no no! Zepyhri, your comments are very welcome, ill proabably use them to see how am i going with expressing anger, and similar emotions, fear..and so on. i thank u for the comments, u gave me great advices, and so did all others. ill soon post my next thread, and ill make it out of this story..and i would be glad to hear your opinion.:wavey:

Arc80 tx buddy:)

Eterna2
04-11-2005, 04:57 PM
this is looking awesome :)
but i feel that the guy seem to be kinda distracted? not focusing anywhere?
And his left arm looks kinda odd, the one holding the light.

birdybear
04-11-2005, 07:42 PM
Hey, cool entry. I think if he's going to be that "demanding of the servant" then perhaps he needs to look a little more mad, not unlike the comment above by Zepyhri. Great colors and mood established as well. Can't wait to see more posts. Good luck

spacesnail
04-11-2005, 08:00 PM
Hey linda
funny story... makes think of one of Cerebus' fine reply (if you know Dave Sim's comic book):thumbsup:
Anyhow, all your picture is getting better and better

Keep g:bounce:ing on

GhostInTheMachine
04-11-2005, 11:56 PM
thanks for your nice wurds on my thread - appreciated! :)

its good but i think you could do with making this slightly more comic... she looks like a victim rather than being irratating. maybe you could have him clicking his fingers and you see her over his shoulder being shuttup by his magic.. like seal her lips or a big apple suddenly appears in her mouth.. something like that. you could really have fun with the expressions that way.
...or he could spank her...:D hehe.

i like it tho. :thumbsup:

SavageCreature
04-12-2005, 05:16 AM
I really like the woman's pose. Excellent portrayal of emotion through body language. Looks a bit too ominous for a woman who won't stop talking, maybe.:D

MDN67
04-12-2005, 12:58 PM
I like the ambiance of your last sketch, the choice of color is very good and i hope you'll choice this, good work

calisto-lynn
04-12-2005, 04:09 PM
haha tx everyone. now i see it. he has the face like: you hold still, while i gently wham my fireball into your head:D tx for comments, i was a bit busy yesterday so i couldnt fix it..:)

ms@zx
04-12-2005, 05:02 PM
hey there,pretty good one on the latest piece,i kinda like the fireball particle effect.just one thing i find it alil odd..the guy has quite a gap between his eyes.just for me i think:)it could be the way u want it

ebrowning
04-12-2005, 05:20 PM
Nobody seems to be commenting on the background, so I will. Since it occupies so much space, you have an opportuinity to really do something wonderful to frame the figures- and maybe advance the story. The colors are great, just make sure to deal with it sooner rather than later.

As far as the story goes, it reads more like the girl is frightened by the power he has in his hand, and doesn't trust him. He looks like he just wants to show her the energy ball, not nessesarily shove it in her mouth.
It's really coming along though, that last update was great!

Thanks again for popping by my thread, BTW!

Slav
04-13-2005, 04:50 PM
hi there i just wanned to drop by and see some update. if i could give a suggestion, the background seems too mono tone... color of it is fine but there is not diffrence in tone. maybe you can break an opening in the distance somewhere like an enterence to thier cave and force some light through that opening. just a thought. keep working on it:thumbsup: .

jugeras
04-14-2005, 10:04 AM
concept hmmmm. an extra baddy behind might tell a different story. but its always cool to have a sense of humor - even though dark.

i like your choice of colors. tnx for passing by. cheeeeers!

calisto-lynn
04-14-2005, 11:13 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6021/6021_1113473583_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6021/6021_1113473583_large.jpg)

here is another update. i was studying the facial expressions, so i didnt really concentrate on details and background. suggestions are most welcome, im havin' a hard time..thanx in advance!:-)

nebezial
04-14-2005, 11:18 AM
this is a great improvement in the facial expressions, but she looks ready to sing IIFF I HAAD A BRAAIIN see what i mean, a good back portion of her skull is missing, but overall great improvement, Čepu se sviđa!:thumbsup:

NOOB!
04-14-2005, 01:38 PM
the guy needs more chest,looks flat at the moment.

apart from that its looking great.

calisto-lynn
04-14-2005, 05:07 PM
jugeras: tx, pal!:D

Slav: tx for the suggestion, on that last update i didnt really bother to make a bacground, i just didnt want to send a blank paper. well the bacground will be nighty, but im still workin on it. tx.:)

ebrowning: didnt really bother with backgroud on the last one, still working on it. tx for critics, and suggestions:D

ms@zx (ms@zx): i fixed the gap between the eyes, and i made him a bit more angry. tx:D

nebezial: the skull was too big in the first place, so when i erased a part..i got a bit carried away..:shrug: tx for comments nebie:love:

NOOB! i know, i know didnt really work on the details, i wanted to try out the expressions first, but thanx..ahh its the most boring part of all..hate making chests..:D ;)

Arc80
04-14-2005, 05:22 PM
Wow... you are improving eveyday. Things are looking nice and your colouring is becoming a lot better. The more you play with the facial expression, i think the more it gets better and better. Just some minor proportion issue, the skull of your female is a little small, especially the forehead section. Her hair is loooking NIIICE. i like how you are rendering the hairs.
Keep it up. BRAVO!!!

cheers

NOOB!
04-14-2005, 07:00 PM
why do u hate drawing chests?? can't u draw them?

i will send u a nude pic of me to help u.

:thumbsup: hahaha.

Zephyri
04-14-2005, 07:17 PM
this is a great improvement. Lovely job on the woman's body language and facial expression, you really get the sense that his anger has come out of the blue. Same with the guy, though you could maybe go even more extreme, really furrow his brow, push the flesh over the top of his eyes, making them angry and slanted looking. You might want to check the position of his hand on her chin (a pose that's bloody hard to pull off, as I've tried numerous times), something doesn't look quite right, but I can't put my finger on exactly what. Might just be me though! And defintiely add a little to the back of her head... her skull's just a bit too short.

Other than that, it's coming on a treat! Keep it up!

NOOB!
04-14-2005, 07:35 PM
this is a great improvement. Lovely job on the woman's body language and facial expression, you really get the sense that his anger has come out of the blue. Same with the guy, though you could maybe go even more extreme, really furrow his brow, push the flesh over the top of his eyes, making them angry and slanted looking. You might want to check the position of his hand on her chin (a pose that's bloody hard to pull off, as I've tried numerous times), something doesn't look quite right, but I can't put my finger on exactly what. Might just be me though! And defintiely add a little to the back of her head... her skull's just a bit too short.

Other than that, it's coming on a treat! Keep it up!

its coming on a treat?? what are u ....80?

lol j/k

AlyFell
04-14-2005, 07:48 PM
Each development looks better and better. The emotion between the two of them is portrayed reaaally well! How about having him twist his head more toward us, while looking into her eyes in an intimidating way. At the moment he's kind of straight on... if that makes any sense! :hmm: Emotionally the girl works best for me in this version:

Girl Pose (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6021/6021_1113161964_large.jpg)

Wibble...

calisto-lynn
04-14-2005, 08:10 PM
Arc80: tx archie, i'll fix the head.:D

NOOB! :surprised(i will send u a nude pic of me to help u.) :drool: yum!

Zepyhri: tx, u always have good comments, but i dont really want him to destroy her, i d want him to just show her what the consequences will be if she doesent shut up. a threat. she has shut up, and now she is quite suprised..afraid in one way.. well maybe ill play around some more and try to make him look more annoyed other than angry.. maybe an eye twitch!;)

Poshspice: tx ill try numerous variations.. im quite happy with that pose also..:D

pushav
04-14-2005, 08:27 PM
Now she is hot! I enjoy your progress so far. I shall see this thread until the end.:buttrock:

NOOB!
04-14-2005, 08:46 PM
cmon linda lets see a photo of u in the avatar.

then we can discuss nude photo trading :twisted:

lol!

calisto-lynn
04-14-2005, 08:57 PM
pushav: tx buddy!:)

NOOB! ok, ok, but u'll be sorry im not that beautifull. only for a short while im not fond of putting photos in my avatar. im more of a cartoonish, comic book, anime- manga person :D

NOOB!
04-14-2005, 09:00 PM
pushav: tx buddy!:)

NOOB! ok, ok, but u'll be sorry im not that beautifull.

everybody is beautiful with a little photoshop editing....u think thats my real eye colour?mwuahahaha...u think my skin is that clear...mwuahhahaha

i think not.ah the joy of editing.post a pic so i can edit u.lol!

ChrisThatGuy
04-14-2005, 09:15 PM
... You might want to check the position of his hand on her chin (a pose that's bloody hard to pull off, as I've tried numerous times), something doesn't look quite right, but I can't put my finger on exactly what. Might just be me though!...

I'd say try turning the hand so that the viewer can see more of the side of it, and can see the bend of his wrist, and bring the elbow in a bit. At the angle you have it now, it would be awkward for him and have no strength.

Nice work so far.

calisto-lynn
04-15-2005, 12:32 PM
NOOB! hehe dont worry, neither anm i. hehe i do a little photoshop tricks myself..i just gotta find a photo..im not very fond of my camera..:)

ChrisThatGuy: tx, man. ill do my best!:D ill soon have to start on my lineart..

Tasty-K
04-15-2005, 12:49 PM
i like the guy expression,he does indeed looks angry.however the proportion for the profile view of the gal seems alittle off.i'd sure like to see the more of urs:)

am7
04-15-2005, 04:42 PM
This looks great! :) I really like your skin shades. Keep it up!

Neozoom
04-15-2005, 08:04 PM
hey calisto!!!

very nice work! can't wait to see the line art and the finished pic :)
(it make me remember I must do mine... --* )

PS : you are nice girl :D

see ya +

NOOB!
04-15-2005, 08:46 PM
PS : you are nice girl :D

yeh..come here calisto!!! *squeezes her* isn't she cute...

bwuahah!

Neozoom
04-15-2005, 08:59 PM
LOLLL NOOB !!! :scream:

you see man , if someone like a judje was seeing us , we really wouldn't look like contestants for a big internationnal contest HAHAHA!!!

anyway ^^ nice thread here too...

With nebezial , NOOB , W!L and Me...
Calisto , I proclame you the FIFTH ELEMENT of the victory heheh :D

calisto-lynn
04-15-2005, 09:00 PM
aww..guys that's soo sweet..:blush:

Neozoom
04-15-2005, 09:04 PM
NANana... you deserves girl :D

can't wait your news updates :)

I think you shouldn't spend too much time on the sketches... sketches are here to give idea... not to impress some people (but it is quite useful sometimes :D)
start lineart and be careful... more you go forward in the creation , less the errors are importants for final viewing...
So the firsts steps are BASICALLY ESSENTIALS :)

W-I-L
04-15-2005, 09:15 PM
With nebezial , NOOB , W!L and Me...
Calisto , I proclame you the FIFTH ELEMENT of the victory heheh :D

Hey man.. i am a lone ranger, a vagabond, not part of no dham group.. what are we superheroes!!? lol

Nice stuff linda.... Keep pushing it.. the colours you ahve are nice... more please

calisto-lynn
04-15-2005, 09:18 PM
yes i want to be the fifth element!! HAPPINESS!!!:scream: :D :D :D :D the five of us will concuer the world!! MWAHAHAHAHA!!:twisted:

nebezial
04-15-2005, 09:21 PM
Yes World Domination!!!

W-I-L
04-15-2005, 09:23 PM
Can't . . . we . . . all . .. just . .. get along? (said in best captan kirk voice)

W-I-L
04-15-2005, 09:27 PM
but if we are too take over the world we will need a good look. one of us with too much time on our hands should design our costumes for such a task...

Neozoom
04-15-2005, 09:27 PM
Nebzial , NOOB , calisto and W!L
PUT "WORLD DOMINATION" in your custom title :D

GhostInTheMachine
04-15-2005, 09:53 PM
hey calisto! this looks muuuch better:thumbsup: - you have the pose and expressions mapped out now and im sure it'll look really good once your done!! :D

pushav
04-15-2005, 10:17 PM
Yeah the facial expression is great.

ace4016
04-15-2005, 10:28 PM
Nice concept you have going here. I think maybe the nose area (like the cheeks) needs a little scrunching, his face looks to relaxed, like he's saying err (hope you understand what I said, I'm not sure I did). Hope to see more updates soon.

LouisBrowne
04-16-2005, 04:35 AM
Yeah, << Them heads are looking real neat now. Esp. the geeza. Liking it!!

Cool name >> World domination, is that you boyband (++1girlie)name ;P
I'd audition but I'd look like your pups standing next you peeps.
You peeps tear me up ¬ > good seeing artist coming together like that > I'm all warm inside now :)

element5
04-16-2005, 04:46 AM
Hiya Leelu ...hehe I mean calisto. Sorry I have the franchise on the 5 elements....LOL

Your latest pose looks great, I have a similar pose on my Challenge piece :)
More updates please :bounce:

OrO
04-16-2005, 07:42 AM
great facial expresion on the girl!:thumbsup:

calisto-lynn
04-16-2005, 11:55 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6021/6021_1113648940_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6021/6021_1113648940_large.jpg)

i made a change to the poses.. i decided to make a lineart out of this idea, cus it something ill have to do sooner or later.
im in love with colours so ill soon replace it, it s crappy..

LouisBrowne
04-16-2005, 02:55 PM
Yeah, the dude's hand was bothering me before >> Looking much tighter

NOOB!
04-16-2005, 03:17 PM
there seems to be a fault in my custom title,i can't fix it.

ahem,this is looking great ,are u gunna change the pic again?

Neozoom
04-16-2005, 03:21 PM
Calisto!! I sent you a PM^^
wait an answer :p

anyway , nice sketching :)

grafik
04-16-2005, 04:31 PM
Hey! humm, u made lots of changes...it's good, more dinamic scene this one... cant wait to see those colours, keep on :D

my MASTER & SLAVE:

nebezial
04-16-2005, 06:27 PM
he s saying, say aaaaa:D , jind pošalji mi moju fotku

calisto-lynn
04-16-2005, 06:35 PM
GhostInTheMachine: tx..the only problem is to stop..cant decide what to do..:eek:

pushav: thankye!:D

ace4016: tx i know what u mean..well i made a lineart..i changed his pose completly so i hope ill stop with sketches now, and finaly start on the final image..:)

Louis J. Browne: tx.the hand was a bother to me also..i couldnt fix it..im glad it looks better now..:)

element5: cute franchise..i like it!:D

oro: thank u!!:)

NOOB! aww too bad.. o well..we all know u dominate the world with us so i guess its ok. maybe we should all become pie lovers!:D i hope i wont change anymore..gotta start on my work or i wont make it..:arteest:

Neozoom: i send a PM to you too!:)

grafik: tx, man i hope is final now..i know i can always do better..but if i dont stop now i wont make it..:)

calisto-lynn
04-16-2005, 06:37 PM
to nebezial: poslala sam ti. sta nisi dobio?

THE Wizard
04-16-2005, 10:49 PM
Cool outfit with the chick!:drool: Thou I think you should fix guys look at her, not the fireball...

Arc80
04-16-2005, 10:56 PM
Hey, that's a pretty good line art using the wacom table. Pretty cool. Umm, I agree with WIZARD, you should make him look at her instead of the fireball. I like their expressions.
Keep it coming. :thumbsup:

BTW, thanks for dropping by at my thread.

cheers

calisto-lynn
04-16-2005, 10:58 PM
tx guys!:) and umm i dont have wacom..

Neozoom
04-16-2005, 11:02 PM
you draw at mouse? oO

calisto-lynn
04-17-2005, 12:00 PM
no i actually have a small genius tablet. its not seethrough, is not big but it does a great jog. i dont know what would i do without it!:)

oh and one thing i always forget: i want to thank everyone for your support, it means alot to me.:love:

Neozoom
04-17-2005, 01:09 PM
hahah world domination's team never let his members in the shadow... :D

;) go work now!!
lol :p

calisto-lynn
04-17-2005, 04:52 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6021/6021_1113753136_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6021/6021_1113753136_large.jpg)

i ve started colouring my lineart, im still not sure about my final image, so after i make the guy ill send all my works together and hope u ll give me some sugestions on which sketch to choose. this is not a final background.

Arc80
04-17-2005, 05:03 PM
Hey, cool. The female character is coming along nicely and her outfit has some cool design going on. I like the choice of colour for it too.
I know this is not your final piece like you said... but i like the old background. It fits more with what you are trying to tell to the viewers. This background you just made is too scenic and has a lot of information for such an intimate piece that you have. But i would still work on this background for personal stuff. It looks really cool and has a nice sense of depthness. The colours works too.

You improve a lot everytime. That's awesome and keep it up. :thumbsup:
cheers

nebezial
04-17-2005, 06:17 PM
msn iraj mi malu verziju da ti postavim neke anatomske korekcije. it looks very cool:thumbsup:

Neozoom
04-17-2005, 06:31 PM
NICE!!!

very cool colors! Ha you're all going so quick ^^
I'm the only one being back away... ^^*

anyway : be careful on the anatomik prospects...
the head of the gil is a bit too flat on the back. ;)

good work anyway , can't wait some detailling ...

NOOB!
04-17-2005, 07:21 PM
msn iraj mi malu verziju da ti postavim neke anatomske korekcije. it looks very cool:thumbsup:

hey i understood the word *anatomske* hehehe

hey calisto i'm noticing a few anatomical issues also,actually its more proportions than anything else.

as in head too big for body
stomach/waist too long etc.

work on those.

spacesnail
04-17-2005, 07:46 PM
Hi Calisto

tsk tsk tsk, anatomy ? :eek:Bulk crits : the girl's waist is a bit too long, back of head a little too flat ... man : too short arms, as a master, he sould have bigger shoulders, waist too long...:eek:

Okay, i was a little rude. I do like your coloring :thumbsup:

Keep going on, Mademoiselle

Neozoom
04-17-2005, 08:04 PM
HERE my dear calisto^^

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/neozoom/6021_1113753136_medium.jpg

the head of the guy a bit too long... His body VERY too tall!! 8times the head in an adult^^
the girl have better proportions but her head is too flat and the torso was too curved^^

I setted the bones for you ;)
hope helping a lot

calisto-lynn
04-17-2005, 08:46 PM
tx neozoom, guys lol! :D

nebezial
04-18-2005, 11:21 AM
uuuuuuu neozoom got into anatomy:thumbsup:

xric7
04-18-2005, 04:13 PM
great work:)
beautyful colour

my master and servant 2d
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=227677

pushav
04-18-2005, 08:25 PM
Yes I like this so far. It looks like that the guy's pimp hand is gonna power up. Keep it up. By the way, she's hot!

BlackDidThis
04-18-2005, 10:41 PM
I have been reading through your thread for a while, and have also tried to spare my time into each of your posts. Since it is more the emotion that is in description here rather than the technique.
I have ALOT to say, and even by my trying to summerise them all. I am sure it will take some while. So sorry prehand for spamming your thread like this.

I honestly liked your concept story written in the first. And have personally lived an exact situation, where my pride and politeness burdened me to not be able to turn down a beautiful person whom I did not love. It is a perfect capture of a 'within' story of a master and slave.
Definitely one that none of the threads I have read through so far has showed the care to lean onto.
And once again through my own memory of my feelings at that stage of my life. I think you had actually nailed it in your very first sketch that you started your thread out of. I understand the need to sort of capture more dynamism in your image. but with enough preparation there is a lot of story in silence.
From your own words;"...in which you can't really tell which one is the slave, and which one the master. they are somewhat even.
i think that we as humans are dependant on each other..the slaves are dependant on the mercy of ther masters, and masters are dependant on the slaves servces...."
I think by that line alone you had perfectly caught the whole story of what it is all about. Maybe it is because I lived an EXACT situation for so long, but that is literally how it all goes.
And in your later sketches.. you are starting to make if more obvious to having the male a master.
Okay in a deeper form it is to question who is really a slave and who is really dependent. But than that would be a fact for all of the entries in the competition.

I know I have made it sound much more complex than meant. But as I read through your thread page one upwards. I sort of witnessed the loss of a lot of things that were special me about your entry. I agree that you have chosen a difficult subject, but you have chosen a beautiful one. A very beautiful one. I really hope you know where you are taking all of this.

As for your sketches and compositions:
My favourite would remain the very first I think. There are small bits that I liked in the most of them. One thing I think I should sort of draw your attention to is to not have a closed environment. As in for you to have an open air.. a far horizon ... a something for the male to have an option to go to, her being the personal burden of his stance. Like an ex-astronaut that stares at the skies, or a nomad on the peaks of a crescent observing the next to come.
I think the versions were you had the inner hate pushed inside were better depicting things, as it would allow you the flexibility to add an easier emotion onto her face: the manner that she KNOWS the pain she causes him. But just does not wish to ever let go. So yet she shall upset her over her hearts desires.
I honestly expect nothing other than a very SAD image from this actually. One with a girl unable to look up an have her eyes meet others, and a man who can't keep his dreams to where his body holds him.

Your techniques;
I am no real expert in drawing things, and unlike what it may seem. I don't like criticising the methods others go for.
I actually liked your sketches a lot. They are YOU. There are ALOT of examples on the competition of people that prefer to gain time by tracing over existing pictures of cover-girls/boys or athletes or similar to have fast and impressive results.
And this makes it so much harder to see 'them' through what they present.
But in particular I think there are a few things you keep getting stuck on in your sketches. Like one of them would be your scribbling the hair to top the head once you have a face. Thus sometimes having a good set of hair.. and a good face.. but two separate things that are not as relevant.
The other thing that keeps coming up is your long torso's. Sometimes even you bend or twist your characters on where they have ribs, thus an unbend able area.

I KNOW that these are just sketches.. and that you can offer a lot more once you have started on your original; But you see in individual segments all the elements are there. They are all actually giving the 'what ever' you plan to send over to us. The twitch in his lips, the look in her eyes, even some twirls in the hair in some of your works.
So as I see how you work, you build up the story on the little elements you draw by. making each of these elements carry the story.
Shall you falsely produce one of these elements. So does most of what you embedded into it.
In that manner it would be a very good idea to draw the elements correct in such an early stage.
I am saying this last one out of trying to remove and correct what seemed to be wrong in a few of your posts... and I noticed that it looked maybe better, at least correct. But well there went the story, unless I tried to rearrange things to tell a different one. Cause you had actually captured something in that odd looking anatomically crooked pose that a correct human would not be able to fullfill. And since this is sort of an illustration contest even though it is not officially anounced such; you are going to have to go for anatomically expectable figures in your captures.

I personally think you are able to feel and to observe very well. And you have a lot to offer. And I doubt I am exaggerating it. I know your concept has travelled a dear way since how it started. And things have really changed dramatically, including how you look at it. I think I just wanted to sit down and finally right down all the notes I personally gathered in my head as I read through your thread a variety of times.
I’m sure I have sounded like a know all smart arse, I just hope I wasn’t offensive or out of my place in the meanwhile.

Good luck with your plans for this entry!

Black

Ps; this was all written in a serious hurry.. so please try overlooking any typo, grammar or logic errors :)

calisto-lynn
04-18-2005, 11:41 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6021/6021_1113864089_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6021/6021_1113864089_large.jpg)

i've decided to post another background study while working on my final sketch..yust to pst aregular update. ive changed few things. the back of the picture i decided to nake it more nighty..so that the first plan would gain attention, and not the back.
i think that my haracters will fit better on this one. im workin on it still..so u can all see that im not done with the left part. LOL. thank u all for ur support..:-D

calisto-lynn
04-18-2005, 11:58 PM
xric7, pushav:i thank u so much for ur support.:)

BlackDidThis: wow this was some post. i thank u deeply for stopping by, and commenting. i really apreciate it. i had a duel in my head. i wanted to make the first one on the first place, it seemd im more familiar with the theme, but nobody seemd to be really interested in the story, so i tried another one, which seemd to me a bit forced out..thank u for noticing..i know now that i will make the first idea and proabably get back to the first sketch, with few changes, the poze..and so on.i thank u again for taking the time on my thread, u solved something that bothered me a lot!:)

BlackDidThis
04-19-2005, 12:02 AM
:blush: gee;

your welcome :)

Black

Tariq12
04-19-2005, 01:10 AM
hey Linda, love the mood you have going in this BG. Can't wait to see it once you put the characters in.
Cheers,
T.

LouisBrowne
04-19-2005, 01:15 AM
One suggestion > make his pose Asymmetrical and bring HIS left hand down a bit

The background colours are WickedSick! :) < Nice magical feel

Arc80
04-19-2005, 02:39 AM
Hi Linda, That background is pretty darn wicked. The colours are great. Kinda swampy, but mystical. I swear, if they have an award for the most improved ( and getting better and better everyday), it would be you. Unless you're just holding back on us, hehe. I really dig this background. :thumbsup: Can't wait to see more updates.

cheers

nebezial
04-19-2005, 11:57 AM
OY GREAT TEXTUREWORK ONTHE BG, MORE COLOURS PLEASE!!!:thumbsup: :bounce: :love:

Neozoom
04-19-2005, 01:28 PM
ha yeah^^ great work on the coloring job :)

nice detaisl can't wait to see carachters detailled like this^^

spacesnail
04-19-2005, 01:49 PM
linda
to be honest..............................................................i really dig your background:love:
wishing you work on your characters the same way you paint your background !!!:deal:

Keep going on

calisto-lynn
04-19-2005, 06:54 PM
Tariq12: tx, u will soon.:)

Louis J. Browne: tx, man. i think ill go with the first story, i feel it suits me more, and ill make few changes.. maybe ill mix the two of them.:bounce:

Arc80: aww.. you're so nice..:blush: im not holdin back.. i m using photoshop for only few months now, and still learning about it.. tx, arcie:love:

nebezial: tx, nebie. im not quite finished with it. i have to make the first plan, where they will be.. and itll go more horizontal, ill add more from left and right side! jep more colours:bounce:

Neozoom: tx zoom im workin on it:)

spacesnail: tx buddy.. ill do my best:)

NOOB!
04-19-2005, 07:36 PM
hi..looks amazin.........ur really getting better with every update.

and yaay! u put ur photo back up.:applause:

grafik
04-19-2005, 08:10 PM
this last update of your background is lookin very good, cool colours and the detail is going good

keep on

my MASTER & SLAVE:

calisto-lynn
04-19-2005, 09:48 PM
grafik: thank u.. u r very kind.:)

NOOB! tx NOOBIE.. teehee..when r u gonna post something?
oh, yeah i put my avatar yust for u!:p ;)

NOOB!
04-19-2005, 09:50 PM
NOOB! tx NOOBIE.. teehee..when r u gonna post something?

when i have time, i can't update almost everyday like nebezial...cos i have a life :twisted: :D

pushav
04-19-2005, 10:09 PM
I have like 4 updates in 2 days lol. Everyone has time. I used to say that a lot until you mangage your time.

NOOB!
04-19-2005, 10:11 PM
i don't have time to manage.

i'm a popular guy.

anyway,i shalt not spam calistos thread!

TheFirstAngel
04-19-2005, 10:18 PM
the background looks very promissing. on characters, i think lightning will change a lot on their plasticity. looking fine. only suggestion was to scaledown the girls face a bit, it seems too large, or the backhead too flat. keep it up Linda, your newest update is beautifull :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

pushav
04-19-2005, 10:30 PM
Nice pattern brushed leaves.:thumbsup:

It was hard for me to notice until I took a second look at you water.

Keep it up.

Neozoom
04-19-2005, 10:43 PM
ho YEAH!!!

you putted back your photo on avatar !! COOL^^
I prefer too...

can't wait next girl^^

GhostInTheMachine
04-20-2005, 12:52 AM
hi calisto. the new background looks really cool. :thumbsup: i'd like to sketch some small suggestions for your characters, wen i get time, if thats o.k.?
:)

ace4016
04-20-2005, 11:21 AM
Really nice background, looks serene. Keep it up:thumbsup: .

calisto-lynn
04-20-2005, 11:30 AM
NOOB! well i dont have a life, so i live to comment other peoples work! have mercy!:bounce:

pushav: i dont have that much time.. i have classes to attend..:shrug:

NOOB! yeah,yeah, suuure. laaaaaaazy!:)

the1st_angel: my colouring wip for characters is not a final sketch. i thought it might be, but im workin it different now. i didnt like the pose, i think ill work out the first one and give up from the whole- ill-wham-the-fireball-into- ur-face storry. im not good enough for dynamics..i think im quite calm, and emotional person...but tx for suggetion.:)

pushav: tx, buddy!:D

Neozoom: yeah.. at first i didnt know what r u allgonna say, i dont find myself quite atractive..:D

GhostInTheMachine: tx. well if u got the time.. be my guest.:D

calisto-lynn
04-20-2005, 11:31 AM
ace4016: tx, ace. :D

kaparo
04-20-2005, 04:49 PM
Hi Linda. I like your idea a lot! It is something that has many ways of aproach so it is a very rich concept. The work in the background and colors are great. The idea of the light in the hand as a symbol of power is great too. Them both are trying to get it as I can see and it gives action and intensity to the image. But I think the characters composition needs more study. Their attitude, almost fighting, is great but they are too straight I think. I was thinking in John Williams Waterhouse or Adolphe W. Bourguereau, a couple of artist who focussed their works in the human body and make great dinamic interacting compositions with them. They could be inspiring. Keep going! Good luck!:thumbsup:

Vectorius
04-20-2005, 04:53 PM
Background look very good!! great job..:thumbsup: ..come back soon to see evolution

Keep it up!

KarelWolf
04-20-2005, 07:54 PM
I'm crazy about those colors, nice icy look.
I'll be back! :wavey:

jugeras
04-21-2005, 03:08 AM
tweak tweak tweak tweak tweak.... just passing by

looking coool. cheeers

Eterna2
04-21-2005, 08:37 AM
I like the background! lovely!

AIR
04-21-2005, 11:43 AM
Hi lindach,When are you posting final,,WE WANT FINAL,WE WANT FINAL,
good luck finishing it gerla..seeya:) :thumbsup:

calisto-lynn
04-21-2005, 08:04 PM
kaparo: tx for suggestions.. im workin on characters still. they wont be straight.:)

Fiolka Alexandre: tx alot for ur support. i really apreciate it!:)

De Vlaming: tx, man:)

jugeras: teehee.. chuka, chuka..i am greeting u! tx!:D

Eterna2: thank u!:D

A I R: soon my friend..if i finish on time..how about u?:D

NOOB!
04-21-2005, 09:05 PM
:eek: linda looks pweety in her new photo

*time to write my poem for calisto :love: *

GhostInTheMachine
04-21-2005, 10:39 PM
hehe. sexy new avatar calisto! :D

dloots
04-22-2005, 10:08 AM
Awesome background study. Keep up the good work

nebezial
04-22-2005, 10:56 AM
meooow , lookin hot:twisted: , how s about an update???:love:

calisto-lynn
04-22-2005, 01:43 PM
NOOB! GhostInTheMachine: tx, but i think its a bit overexposed i think i should change it..;)

dloots: thank u!:D

nebezial: riiiight..ur not so bad urself..i see u have overexposed photo too..teehee:applause:

spacesnail
04-22-2005, 01:53 PM
Hi linda
i just posted some moore on my own thread :)
What ! you're working on your avatar instead of your challenge picture ??? Bad girl:scream:
What about the updates ? Give us some more please :thumbsup:

Magnemar
04-22-2005, 01:59 PM
Nice stuff Linda - will be good to see it come together with the other stuff...

calisto-lynn
04-22-2005, 02:06 PM
spacesnail: cool post, i like that post:D
i dont think ill be posting some yet cus i really have a lot of work to do, but i hope ill handle it soon :) tx!

Magnemar: tx, man, i sure hope so!:D

ms@zx
04-22-2005, 03:38 PM
u sure have some great sense of color my friend..the blue purplelish green blend in pretty well for the entire scene..keep this going and i'm sure this is gonna be a great piece:)

Magnemar
04-22-2005, 04:17 PM
It's very 'Dagobah' is my only thought (on further reflection).

Although that's not necessarily a bad thing....

Freiyer
04-22-2005, 04:29 PM
Great idea and great work, no need to say more.
Keep going, I'm your fan :)

Zephyri
04-22-2005, 04:49 PM
Hi Linda, that background is looking simply amazing. The flattened round rocks get me in particular. Are you going to be working in some more detail in the foreground areas, as those are strictly speaking the bits you would see most of? Though having said that it will be mostly covered by the characters... so yo'll get away with it. Can't wait to see how your characters are coming on. Good stuff.

ThierryS
04-22-2005, 06:04 PM
Hi Calisto, nice background and sense of colours:bounce:. Noticed you already received a fiew comments on how to go on with the characters so I won't add anything. Keep it up and looking forward to see your piece finished.:)

Neozoom
04-22-2005, 06:44 PM
ha calisto , I wait another update :p

it could very nice finished and polished with this level of detials on all the picture^^

NOOB!
04-22-2005, 06:48 PM
NOOB! GhostInTheMachine: tx, but i think its a bit overexposed i think i should change it..

nah overexposed would be naked..........

:twisted: oh yeh,naked linda.....................i mean......

ahem.

i'm jus gunna leave now...

nebezial
04-22-2005, 06:51 PM
just noticed...master yoda missing in this picture are you hmmm?:D

calisto-lynn
04-22-2005, 09:43 PM
ms@zx (ms@zx): thank u my, friend!:)
Magnemar: dagobah? ummm..thanx..i guess..:D
Freiyer: thank u..u are too kind..:blush:
Zepyhri: hi Zepyhri! thank u for stoppin by, and you ve been a great support to me all this time..:) it wont be all covered with characters, dont worry..
thierry2005: tx, yes indeed i have recieved some great advices about my characters, so im doin a whole new composition now:)
Neozoom: i dont know if it ll be posted soon, cus i dont know what more to do with my characters.. thinking of a new comosition, and workin hard on it.. teehee..thankye for yer interest!:D
NOOB! oooh behave...:twisted:
nebezial: scotty dont!

calisto-lynn
04-22-2005, 11:03 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6021/6021_1114207398_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6021/6021_1114207398_large.jpg)

a slight update..

GhostInTheMachine
04-22-2005, 11:04 PM
ooh sexy new avatar calisto! :curious:

ill do some drawings for u shortly, to make up for my irrelevant posts....

calisto-lynn
04-23-2005, 03:06 PM
GhostInTheMachine:teehee, tx!:D

calisto-lynn
04-23-2005, 05:12 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6021/6021_1114272721_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/8/6021/6021_1114272721_large.jpg)

here i placed my characters, and i really didnt know where to put them..so after some time i decided to put them where they are now.. i dont know..it seemed balanced enough. so what do u all think?

pushav
04-23-2005, 05:20 PM
Ummmmm. wow.
:buttrock:
Nice job so far.

Neozoom
04-23-2005, 05:25 PM
very very good , girl!! ;)

love the guy! the draing is much better than before...

and the pose is cool anyway keep in mind the master / servant theme :)

Arc80
04-23-2005, 05:28 PM
Linda... This is looking really nice. The background is TRES MAGNIFIK :thumbsup: Look at all those details, outstanding and your characters keeps getting better and better. I like how their postures and how they are looking at the viewer. Very engaging. Just keep it coming. This is absolutely stunning development (i knew you were holding back :)

cheers :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

CoreyArtE
04-23-2005, 05:29 PM
woah, i'm a fan of blue and green colors and you pulled them off nicely! I didnt read the entire post yet, but what happened to the guys legs? I'm sure theres a story behind it, or maybe he's in leaves or soemthing I dont know, but I love the background so much. I cant wait to see how this works out. Add some creatures there in the background watching them, like eyes in the shadows or something would be cool. :thumbsup: Looking nice !

snowkiwi
04-23-2005, 05:30 PM
It's a really nice background. The couple also has nice aesthetics to their look and good body poses. But I'm not sure about where the master-servant relationship is.

nebezial
04-23-2005, 06:25 PM
i have an idea... how s about putting a giant " LASER" in the forest:D lookin great

AIR
04-23-2005, 06:40 PM
Bok lindach,,,nice stuff going arround here,some freaks starting the world domination,lookout,keep the guard high..:)I still like the old version much more than this new one...but that's just little old me. :thumbsup:

GhostInTheMachine
04-23-2005, 06:45 PM
muuch better. ill still do a sketch for u, erm soon - but this doesnt have much to improve on now. :D

neb - quit humpin the "laser". :p

ace4016
04-24-2005, 12:56 AM
It looks good Linda, but maybe you can bring the two closer to the camera. Just a suggestion. Keep up the good work:thumbsup: .

calisto-lynn
04-24-2005, 10:04 AM
pushav: teeeheee.. thanx!http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/grin.gif
Neozoom: tx, i know... maybe ill change the intire work... i lost myself too in the subject..http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/grin.gif
Arc80: thanx arc..http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/grin.gif
CoreyArtE: yeah.. it would.. ill think of something. txhttp://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/grin.gif the guys legs are behind the log, he is standing, and ready to leave his master. ill have to work more on the log cos it looks like its in range with the ground.http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
snowkiwi: dont worry im working on the story..http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
nebezial: why dont u and a giant laser get a freakin room..http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/wink.gif
A I R: ahh we cant all make dynamic scenes, with lots of action.. i guess im not really a hit & run type of person.. id like to show the feelings, the emotional torment..http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
GhostInTheMachine: there is not much time so i understand, u can make me sketches when the contest is over, cus i know u re busy, just like everybody here..txhttp://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/grin.gif
ace4016: if i bring them closer, there wont be no background, in the next one ill send them bigger, coloured.http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

NOOB!
04-24-2005, 01:05 PM
damn cal,ur character proportions have improved a great deal *did u get midnight tutoring or sumthin?*

keep it up,don't worry i'll update my thread sumtime today..

Slav
04-24-2005, 05:27 PM
see i had the same problem!

i worked out the background and then had to centralise the characters... i love the image but the 1st concepts where better imo. :)

BlackDidThis
04-24-2005, 07:52 PM
Oh so we finally have an update!!

It is going to be again very picky on my part.. but is the basics not that his body is with her, but his heart not?
Here I see him leaving off by gently taking the weight of his fingers off of her. But his eyes are said and do not want to do so.

The second thing is that I understand and like the place you positioned them into the image. But when you put them to the far right, you have them at the end of it all. IT would be much better if you had them on the far left, (if he is going to be looking right that is) by simply mirroring the background image to have the same location on the left side. Actually this would sort of help with your light beams to come from the left side, allowing the higher values of the shading to be on the left for your characters (The part about the eye reading from left to right)
My whole reasoning is the manner that he has to have a wide horizon before him to gaze upon (As in to move their position)

All that said, I agree with most compliments your background has deserved. It is fine work with strong and variant colours. I think I would advise you to introduce pronu cing to area's according to the pictures requirments as you place and fill in your figures. sort of to get some controled depth.
Your characters are improved greatly...

All the best,

Black

THE Wizard
04-25-2005, 08:46 AM
As far as the design of the character goes - they are just the best thing you drew so far, but I'm kind of confused on - where are the guy's legs? Don't tell me you are drawing a criple:)

Looking good - God, how I hate to type this (typed on cg zillion times)

Magnemar
04-25-2005, 09:16 AM
Hi Linda,

I like the positioning of the characters - I agree about the bloke's legs though - where are they grounded?

Do keep it as simple as it is - I like the starkness of the landscape with these two characters isolated within the space. I think the master/servant relationship is clear BTW and that too much else in the scene would distract from it.

Apologies for the Dagobah comment by the way (maybe it's just something about the thing in the background...?) - doesn't look so much like it today.... ;)

Keep going - looks great.

keko
04-25-2005, 10:06 AM
fantastic work!! I like the color a lot, especially blue and green in the background and detail of emvironment is really nice. keep going. Best of luck :thumbsup:

calisto-lynn
04-25-2005, 12:01 PM
NOOB! ahh, no, i didnt have the midnight tutoring..i just didnt make them in five minutes, and i scaned them from the paper in which i drew.. its much harder to keep in mind the anatomy when u r drawing it on computer..:)

Slav: too bad, cuz i dont want to centralise them.. i like them on the right side.. even on the left one, but in the center... nooooo!:eek: :D

THIS IS FOR EVERYBODY WHO ARE CONFUSD BY MY STORY, OR CERTAIN ELEMENTS!:)

BlackDidThis: QUOTE(but is the basics not that his body is with her, but his heart not?
Here I see him leaving off by gently taking the weight of his fingers off of her. But his eyes are said and do not want to do so.)

- i wanted to make his face begging her to leave his hand, if she is the master. however, she looks into his hand holding it tightly, and fighting within herself of doing it or not. if not he might start to hate her. so here we have a dilemma. he might want to break out violently..that makes him the slave, and slaves sometimes are not very obeying.. :D

QUOTE(the place you positioned them into the image. But when you put them to the far right, you have them at the end of it all. IT would be much better if you had them on the far left, (if he is going to be looking right that is) by simply mirroring the background image to have the same location on the left side. Actually this would sort of help with your light beams to come from the left side, allowing the higher values of the shading to be on the left for your characters (The part about the eye reading from left to right))

- i know.. but i dont think it would work well upside down.. i can try.. thanx for commenting u re a big help!:)

THE Wizard: tx for the compliment, and as i said before:
HE STANDS BEHIND THE LOG, THATS WHY HIS LEGS ARE NOT SEEN...:bounce:

Magnemar: his legs are on the ground, behind.. dont worry about the DAGOBAH part, i didnt know what is it but neb explained it to me, im not insulted, i just didnt know what it is..sorry:p

keko: thanxs a lot!:) cheers!

OH AND I WANT TO THANK U ALL FOR UR COMPLIMENTS, AND SUGGESTIONS..YOU HAVE ALL BEEN A GREAT HELP TO ME..:love:

xric7
04-25-2005, 03:26 PM
wonderful work.
nice coloring:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
cheers

TeemuR
04-25-2005, 04:00 PM
I like the mood! :love: I think you could darken the foreground a bit. It would give more depth to your pic. but on other hand your background works nicely already, so it wouldn't be neccessary, tho. I would like to see some colors in your characters in your next update :)

Keep it up! :thumbsup:

MoonVisionStudio
04-25-2005, 06:31 PM
I like your color scheme, the whole image is coming along nicely!

pushav
04-25-2005, 07:18 PM
I would not be able to do that even if I tried.

calisto-lynn
04-25-2005, 07:30 PM
xric7: thank u! cheers!:D
TeemuR: tx, u know what.. this is a dark picture..umm..on my monitor:sad: i have a too dark gamma and i cant fix it, so ill have to go at my friends place, or somethin to fix everything till the challenge ends...:bounce:

Jose Pardo: thank u!:)

pushav: aww shucks...:blush: well we are even then, cuz i couldnt make as many characters as u have.. wouldnt have the patience. lol:D

pushav
04-25-2005, 07:46 PM
Lol. my parents said the same thing almost. And I finally have a new and final concept. What a ride.

TMArtist
04-25-2005, 07:59 PM
Hi Callisto,

I like the mood you've created. It is very nice and makes the viewer want to see more. However, I think I have to agree with TeemuR's assessment about the need for darkening the (darks in) the foreground (- more contrast). I say this, because I see a few spots in the midground that have darks that are actually darker in value than those in the foreground.

I'm looking forward to seeing your characters develop. Your painting of the background is really good. Keep up the good work.

Regards,

Squibbit
04-25-2005, 11:23 PM
i like the forest, very comfy and foresty

Zephyri
04-26-2005, 12:39 AM
If I might quote Keanu Reeves for a moment... "Woah". :eek:

That background is amazing. Holy moly. I can't even begin to think how long all that detailing must have taken you. I love the glowiness of the bottom left hand side, the rich colours really make that pop out for me. The ivy at the front looks just a tad flat upto the rest of the utter gorgeousness round it, but you may still be working on it, so I'll be quiet. I'd say I rather like the off centre positioning, your eye is forced to move around the picture a bit more to see everything, which is good. And I think once the figures are in colour, and ou have some shadows on the male, you'll be able to tell instantly that he's standing behind somthing while she sits on top.