PDA

View Full Version : Master and Servant 3D Entry: Gunilla Elam

Pages : [1] 2

Gunilla
03-22-2005, 06:28 PM
Gunilla Elam has entered the Master and Servant 3D.

Challenge Page (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/masterandservant/view_entries.php?challenger=6017)

Latest Update: Final Image: servants of media
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6017/6017_1116077831_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6017/6017_1116077831_large.jpg)

Added some more glow for the master and some more colored clouds. What do you think? Is this the final version?

Gunilla
03-22-2005, 06:31 PM
<deep breath> O.K - here we go!

I was really hesitating ... for almost an hour. These things are just to fun to not to join....
Good luck to everyone and a fun challenge to all!

JamesMK
03-22-2005, 06:33 PM
Popping in to wish good luck :thumbsup: Still hesitating myself...

scootermaya
03-22-2005, 06:53 PM
HAHAHAHAHA ! James ! I give you 2 hours to change your mind HAHAHAHA ! Come on and join this new Rock & roll party ! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
GREAT AND GLAD YOU MADE IT GUNILLA !:thumbsup:
This challenge can officially start now! (just waiting for James...:twisted: )

monsitj
03-22-2005, 07:16 PM
Hi, gunilla , how are you , glad to see ya here! have fun! and good luck:)

Virtuoso
03-22-2005, 07:38 PM
Hi again Gunilla.........great to see you in this one........I look forward to some creative art from you,and hope to see nice progress all the way to the finishline......Now get the ball moving,and the creative juices flowing........See you soon,have fun,and best of luck.....:arteest:

Gunilla
03-22-2005, 08:06 PM
James - good to see you decided to join, expect to see some spectacular work from you.

Scooter - well james joined, does this mean we actually have to start to work now? :D

monsitj - good to see you too, best of luck! This will be fun!

Michael - Good to see you, where's your entry? ... cause you are going to join, aren't you?

I'm bouncing around some different concepts... unfortunately I've come up with some I'd really like to do, but none of them includes humans... hmm, better digest it a bit more. This will indeed be a real challenge!

mr_carl
03-22-2005, 08:32 PM
Hej hej Gunilla!

Nice to se that you enterd the challange.

I wish you the best of luck and I hope to se some exelant work as the last time.

Carl.

Lemog
03-22-2005, 08:41 PM
Good decision Gunilla. Now, I will be happy to see the next step, my eyes are open to discover your creation... So, good luck :wavey:

markovicd
03-22-2005, 09:19 PM
hi! everybody dance now! :)

Climax
03-23-2005, 12:18 AM
• Welcome in Gunilla, I am glad u r here one more time, good luck my friend, sure it will be another great piece of art from you! :thumbsup:

Gunilla
03-23-2005, 05:47 AM
Carl, Lemog, Marko, Omar - thanks a lot guys. :) I'm looking forward to play with you all again. Hope to have some sketches up in a day or two.

keetmun
03-23-2005, 07:27 AM
Yes let's all play again. Hope to see some fun stuff from you soon! (and from me too) :bounce:

linda
03-23-2005, 09:03 AM
Gunilla: i wish you the best for this challange i am still considering if i will take part in the challange i am afraid if can´t finish in time again....we will see.....anyway good luck to you!

jddog
03-23-2005, 09:10 AM
hep good luck Gunilla !!!
jdd

Claireabella
03-23-2005, 09:13 AM
Hi Gunilla. Hope you go for it! Good luck. :thumbsup: Claireabella

Gunilla
03-23-2005, 04:20 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6017/6017_1111598441_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6017/6017_1111598441_large.jpg)

This is my first concept - A little girl, with her computer sitting in a garden.
The relationship shold be about man, technology and nature. Which one is master and which one is servant is an open question

Gunilla
03-23-2005, 04:26 PM
Keetmun, Linda, Julien, Claireabella - thanks guys, good to see you here, let's have some fun!

First concept - just an idea of making something tottaly opposite of "Grand" this time ... with a closeup, intimate scene. I'm thinking sweet, blurry, cartoonstyle here.
I may or may not go with this one - last challenge I jumped in to fast and this time I want to spend some more time thinking it through. We'll see. And sorry for my crappy drawing ...

JamesMK
03-23-2005, 04:31 PM
It's kinda cuteish :) Nice, homey feeling. I have real problems responding to very subtle things, but maybe that concept could turn into something that works really well.

Kid-Mesh
03-23-2005, 05:31 PM
LOL, cute concept...cant wait to see how this turns out.

Good luck with your entry !

pitiwazou
03-23-2005, 05:46 PM
good concept, good luck ;)

keetmun
03-23-2005, 06:42 PM
Heh heh, classic Gunilla work! It's a beautiful idea, and will stand out from the rest again. Hope to see it finished!

:buttrock:

Lemog
03-24-2005, 07:08 AM
A concept really for you... don't change anything... :thumbsup:

Virtuoso
03-24-2005, 07:14 AM
Very nice Gunilla.......I think you can give this a beautiful "Whimsical" touch....a nice setting,and an emotional feel.......Well done Gunilla.......:arteest:

mr_carl
03-24-2005, 07:31 AM
Really nice concept.

Cant really say much right now, just that I´m waithing for more.

Carl.

jddog
03-24-2005, 08:07 AM
It's kinda cuteish :)
that concept could turn into something that works really well.

yep that really something interesting :thumbsup: !!!

jdd

tzktime
03-24-2005, 10:04 AM
Hey! I followed your last challenge, gonna watch for this one! :wip:

SuperXCM
03-24-2005, 11:17 AM
Hi Gunilla,

happy to see you in this challenge!!! :buttrock:
This first concept is really cool, and i'm sure you can turn it in a beautiful scene!! I follow this thread for sure!!! :thumbsup:

Good luck my friend!! :beer:

Gunilla
03-24-2005, 11:36 AM
Oh dear ... wonderful feedback guys - I'm overwhelmed. thank you all.

Also a bit hesitating since you all seem to like the idea so much... I was just thinking that perhaps I'm going to do something different, a bit less cutie perhaps (although my stuff tends to end up cute wether I wish it or not...) I will have very little time for this and I'm not sure if I can make this work in time. hmmm, better stop chatting and start working then.

My other idea would be more clear technology versus human, but I have a feeling it would be less subtle since it probably would involve robots and zombies ... or similar;)

Stay tuned, I may have something up later today - either a new concept or a first draft for this.

Gunilla
03-24-2005, 02:00 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6017/6017_1111676397_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6017/6017_1111676397_large.jpg)

Another concept. This one definitely more gloomy.

Gunilla
03-24-2005, 02:06 PM
Next Concept: This one shows Master of Media controlling his servants, us - the people.
This one will probably be more realistic for me to do within the timeframe, but I still have some time to decide since I really should work with other stuff the upcoming week.
Also, I feel a bit tempted to try something different. The concept needs to be worked out better though - so perhaps it will become an entirely new one...
Anyway, comments are welcome.

Saschi0815
03-24-2005, 02:30 PM
Juhu, Gunilla is here - this promises a unique and original style:thumbsup:

Your sketch looks cool so far, waiting for your next step:bounce::bounce::bounce:

best wishes from germany :wavey:

Gunilla
03-24-2005, 04:30 PM
Hey Sascha - good to see you!

... but where is your thread? Don't say you're not in this time... I'd love so see what you'd come up with on this topic:)

Saschi0815
03-24-2005, 04:56 PM
yes, what a shame - with this grandious theme... I have so much pics in my head for this.... but too much work in my agency this time...buuuäääähhhh:shrug:
Maybe later i will follow- if i can, when i see all these fantastic entries ...thanx a lot Gunilla for your interest in my little worx:love:

have a good time...cya soon:buttrock:

ihamid
03-24-2005, 06:56 PM
hullo gunilla.... some nice and pretty realistic concepts u got there...:). let ur creative circuits burn :arteest:

Virtuoso
03-24-2005, 07:10 PM
Hi Gunilla......This second concept will be a 180 degree turn-around from your last challenge "Whimsical" entry...................Go with your best feelings..........This 2nd concept is very symbolic,and a real Icon........Good luck in deciding......You have two fine choices......:arteest:

soapy
03-24-2005, 07:10 PM
Hey a couple of good concepts. I think I like the second the best so far, the sketch is kool. It sort of reminds me of an evil version of burning man. Good luck.

monsitj
03-24-2005, 07:21 PM
it's will come out to great image for sure , I like the first one , the girl and monitor has good emotion! more update please!

theuni
03-25-2005, 08:32 AM
Hi,

welcome back in the new contest...

artemesia66
03-25-2005, 10:09 AM
Hey Gunilla, great to see your in this thing again, too. Both yur concepts look promising. I think I lean towards the second one myself, but I know you could make something good out of either one. Looking forward to seeing you progress.

Gunilla
03-25-2005, 10:58 AM
Sascha - that's really sad...I mean, not that you have lots of work, hope it's fun - but that you can't enter. How about entering with just a little hasty thing? :)

Hamid - thank you, and yes - let's burn on this :)

Michael - thanks for your support, always great to have! I've decided to go with the second one ... I've realised that I don't have the time to do what I want with the first one. I think I can do the second one rather lighthearted and playful - but as you say, it's quite a change from my GSO. It's going to be fun.

Soapy- thank you - I don't know of burning man and evil ... we'll see. Good luck to you too, love what you've done so far.

Monsit - I agree, I think the first could make a more interesting, and for the challenge -unique entrance. But as you see I've decided to go with the other one. Perhaps I'll get back to the first one after the challenge. Thanks for stopping by, I know you must be busy with double entrances :thumbsup:

theuni- thank, good to see you back too - I really liked your work for GSO.

Janet - thanks, and I'm looking forward to see it too ... right now I don't make any progress at all ( easter - to many eggs around :) )

Happy Easter everyone, now do some partying between the modeling sessions :beer:

Gunilla
03-25-2005, 02:31 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6017/6017_1111764700_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6017/6017_1111764700_large.jpg)

Blocking out a rough comp and colorscheme just to see if it might work in the end.

hands0nfire
03-25-2005, 02:36 PM
I just wanted to wish you the best of luck, and I look forward to seeing where your going with this..

Gunilla
03-25-2005, 02:44 PM
thanks hands0nfire - kinda curious myself actually:)

hhssuu
03-25-2005, 03:10 PM
hi gunilla, it nice to see you at it again. And good to see that you've already started to explore a couple concepts, i personally like the first one more then the second but the second seem to have a better visual impact. So both have good values i think.

AirbORn
03-25-2005, 06:42 PM
Hey Gunilla! it is nice to see you participating in this challenge :) Your grand space opera entry was great, I can't wait to see where you take these new concepts! I'll check back soon to see how everything is going!

coCoKNIght
03-25-2005, 06:46 PM
Wow, this idea is strong and almost politically incorrect :D keep it up!

JCGA
03-25-2005, 08:38 PM
This is looking great Gunilla. Det ska bli väldigt intressant att se resultatet. =)

blackdragoncg
03-26-2005, 11:29 AM
Good luck Dude :thumbsup:

Gunilla
03-26-2005, 04:07 PM
Chih-Han - thanks a lot, I hope I can make something good from number two ... good to see you again.

Marek - thanks mate and welcome back when I got something going ... may be some days until I can have an update done.

coCoKNIght- Yeah, might be a bit politically incorrect... especially when coming from someone as computer addict as myself ;)- suppose it all depends on from where your standing.

CarlWahl - tack det samma, mycket imponerande start av dej tycker jag

blackdragoncg - thanks a lot and good luck :thumbsup:

I was hoping to have some modeling done by now but it's going really slow - to much eggs perhaps. Maybe in a couple of days, I'm really not as fast as most of you guys - have been fighting vertices without getting anywhere at all. Well, well - there is still plenty of time.

Thanks for stopping by.

Gunilla
03-27-2005, 12:24 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6017/6017_1111929874_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6017/6017_1111929874_large.jpg)

First try for a basic shape for the master character.

Gunilla
03-27-2005, 12:30 PM
So, this is what I'm thinking... I want to do my Master of Media as some robot/radiotower creature - being made from junk and wires and transmitters, recievers. Emotions communicated should be that of superior arrogance... O.K this part will not be easy.
I'm trying to lay up the wires hinting a human shape to make it more alive... going to need a lot more to not being to subtle with this.
Still not convinced this is the right way to go so comments are very welcome at this stage. Perhaps is there a better way to make it part mechanical and part alive...?

blakbird
03-27-2005, 12:48 PM
Choosing the "master" item as a remote communication device is simply
"striking!!!".

Original and good way of implementing authority of "master" idea.

Two thumbs up.

jddog
03-27-2005, 04:54 PM
I'm trying to lay up the wires hinting a human shape to make it more alive... going to need a lot more to not being to subtle with this.
Still not convinced this is the right way to go so comments are very welcome at this stage. Perhaps is there a better way to make it part mechanical and part alive...?
I hope that I correctly understand what you mean... you talk about wire... waht not use waves that profile a part of the human shape ?
Anyway I really like what I see and the concept :wip:
jdd

Tremoside
03-27-2005, 06:49 PM
Hi Gunilla,

Your second cocept is a well thought one. Fine idea! Maybe the environmental modeling will be more difficult than the first one's environment but it is up to you. Keep it up! YOur model start is very promising!
Ciao,
Tremo

artemesia66
03-27-2005, 07:01 PM

i like the idea of wires or maybe field lines to keep the shape human--you might also think about giving the arms some joints (eg. shoulders, elbows, wrists). i find that articulation like that makes construction devices like diggers and robotic arms look like theyr'e alive.

ihamid
03-27-2005, 07:14 PM
hi Gunilla..... good progess here:) ... i like the suggestion artemesia66 have made!... also heres another one...why not a subtle electric field surrounding the tower like a shadow that resembles a human form!

Virtuoso
03-27-2005, 07:15 PM
Thats an interesting choice for a Master Gunilla.....A unique choice.

Nice start on the actual modeling.

The usage of wires or waves to showcase a human like shape is a good one.I believe that will be the tricky part.................I'll have to think on a way to implement this........It's something really new to think of........

Anyways I like the concept,it's fresh.....Good thinking outside of the box Gunilla.........I'll be watching your next moves and think of some kind of solution for those waves/wires.......Until later keep hammering away.........:wip: :thumbsup:

Gunilla
03-28-2005, 05:32 AM
kuzgunoglu - thank you for the support, and thanks for coming by.

you talk about wire... waht not use waves that profile a part of the human shape ?

Julien - that is a really good idea, thank you! I was thinking of rendering them selfilluminated with glow but enhancing the shape with some aura waves can be just the right way to go. Good, very good :thumbsup:

Tremo - I am thinking some kind of cliff, desert setting for the environment, so hopefully that could be made rather easy. Thanks for reminding me about it though ... I really need to start drafting it. And thanks for stopping by - I love your thread so far :)

Janet - that could work, yes! When I did the rough blocking the shapes gave me a bit of Golgata feel ... with the master almost being a cross. I sort of like that even if it might confuse the theme a bit to bring in some religious aspects ... who has been crucified and for what? Naah, perhaps to deep to figure that one out just now. I'll try the joints and see what it might look like - thanks a lot!

Hamid - yes, thank you!! I really think the aura idea will do the trick here. I will bring it in in composition stage.

Michael- thanks a lot for always bringing lots of inspiration. Really appreciated - and now I will need to stop by that huge thread of yours and see what have happened since yesterday!:arteest:

I've got some new inspiring thoughts from all your comments, I really love these challenges and the way things evolve by the interaction with you all - just great :thumbsup:

H3rbie
03-28-2005, 05:49 AM
lycka till, hoppas dte gar bra for dig!

keetmun
03-28-2005, 05:54 AM
I think you've got a very good idea Gunilla, the toughest part is probably getting the composition down just right so that everybody who sees it can understand your message. Would be a good idea to do some sketches of composition before getting into the modelling. In fact I should do that too ehh heh....

Cheers always!
:buttrock:

JHarford
03-28-2005, 05:55 AM
interesting idea, good luck ! i like the little girl one also. :bounce:

artemesia66
03-28-2005, 08:55 AM
golgotha, okay, i'm with you. what about thinking in terms of the greek cross with the two arms--the upper one could be static, and the lower one articulated? dunno. might get confusing.

Gunilla
03-28-2005, 12:36 PM
H3rbie - tack detsamma!

keetmun - Good idea! I've done the rough comp but I remember how much trouble I had with the last challenge. A little planning will probably help, thanks!
Also, with this concept it would be good to be as clear as possible - the idea holds some contradicting ideas in itself.

stripe - thanks, and I might pick the girl idea up again later. We'll see

Janet - perhaps that could work. I don't know, the cross aspect might be to confusing to keep anyway - it was just one of those things that popped up by itself and make me follow in that direction. I love it when I can work like that. I'll take a round with the environment while thinking. thanks again!

Matroskin
03-28-2005, 12:58 PM
Unexpected concept. Great!
I already try to see final composition...
Suggest that you try to put camera closer to the ground - with help of some wide FOV you can obtain impressive effect of master's power and stability. Key light can come from the master to light servants - like if they were receiving all meaning of theirs' life for a master http://www.cgtalk.com/images/icons/icon3.gif

M&S (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=224116)
/
Deryk
\
GSO (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/grandspaceopera/view_entries.php?challenger=5227)

coCoKNIght
03-28-2005, 01:04 PM
Simple and yet not simple, that model looks great! :thumbsup:

hands0nfire
03-28-2005, 03:15 PM
I really enjoy the image that you have..and I would like to wish you all the luck and I hope that you have for this because it really have grabed my attention..

handsonfire

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=223443 (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=223443)

scootermaya
03-28-2005, 04:21 PM
i don't know if you got an idea but here is what I'm thinking for the arms of the "tower" ... (sorry to have drawn on your picture :shrug: )

http://michel.cavro.free.fr/CGT/gunilla_concept2.jpg

Lemog
03-29-2005, 07:51 AM
Hmmm sorry, but I'm not okay with the idea of my friend Scooter...
In fact, he want to add some pieces, that give to this tower capability to really work... but I think that's not a way to Gunilla... she have her woman sensibility, not with her mechanical knowledge, but with her vision of something mechanical. She have her special view of that, and I'm sure that she have to keep this particular vision... poetic and sweet female feeling...
If I had carried out a tower like this one, of course, I would have added jacks and all these many machine elements which would have allowed a real operation, but I don't build this tower like that, I would certainly have do something of mechanically more solid, more real and more technic. The result would have been different, certainly less poetic, and less graph, certainly not in the same style as Gunilla.
That's the principal reason which makes me like the way that has Gunilla to interpret the things. It's what gives this so particular result.

I know my english is not very good, I hope you understand anyway... :)

...and, I love your tower :thumbsup:

Gunilla
03-29-2005, 10:02 AM
Deryk - considered and done :thumbsup: The camera will be lowered in the nextcoming renders - thanks.

hands0nfire - thank you! It's very nice of you to take an interest in my work, makes me work harder.

scooter - no problem, you can draw on them I don't mind. And thanks! The suggestion will perhaps not be 100% stylewise but there is really something good about the shape - perhaps I can use and arc movement for the wires there... hmm: I will test it as soon as I got a better grip of the rest 97% of my image... Where does the time go!? :eek:

Lemog - Understand completely what you say here - and thank you, it really means a lot :love:You remind me of the reason I'm here, which is to do and try out things that I don't normally do. My daily work includes a lot of precise things (currently with medical illustration and earlier with technical) so these challenges are a perfect time to search for other aspects and learn some new tricks. Most of all it's about having fun and learning - which is why I'm so hopelessly behind schedule. This challenge brings so much outstanding work to enjoy that I spend my time drooling in other peoples threads instead of working my own... thanks again my friend :)

Next step will be finding an angle for the rest of the image aswell as some decisions when it comes to my 20 characters. oops - did I just write that!? :eek:

tilite
03-29-2005, 12:07 PM
hvnt had time to read threw the thread yet but will.
seems like u have a pritty cool idea.
good luck, have fun & and entertain our creative side:thumbsup:

Gunilla
03-29-2005, 12:45 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6017/6017_1112103951_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6017/6017_1112103951_large.jpg)

Test for the main comp - not sure about the format yet, perhaps it will be more narrow. Still very rough, no textures or colours yet.

jddog
03-29-2005, 01:01 PM
That come really nice out, eventually a more bigger camera angle to give the impression that the main 'antenna' looks bigger/distorted like in a cartoon style pict... just an input...
:wip:
jdd

emonimo
03-29-2005, 01:02 PM
Hello Gunilla ... first time I visit your thread and its getting very nice ..... I like a lot your concepts and ideas..... the most this one you are making now .... looking foward to see more ...

Good luck!!

Aethyrprime
03-29-2005, 02:10 PM
Very interesting work my friend. I am quite curious as to where you will go from here.. keep at it man. As always an eye pleaser :)

SuperXCM
03-29-2005, 02:58 PM
Hi Gunilla, excellent concept, i liked the first, and i love the second!!:)

Very original, it show us, a reality... i'm waiting to see update.:arteest:
I'm sure, you will turn it in a very impressive finale image...using you original and beautiful style.
Nice start for the modeling. :wip:

Keep going my friend!! :beer:

hands0nfire
03-29-2005, 04:48 PM
I know it's still being worked for the most I can say that it's coming along very well, since the last time I seen your image..

handsonfire
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=223443 <- my thread

Kid-Mesh
03-30-2005, 02:03 AM
Cool as the other side of the pillow man :thumbsup: your concept is refreshing and different. Keep it coming.

Lemog
03-30-2005, 04:44 AM
Just one crit for this compo... I think you must change position of the camera... the tower is seen too much face, it would be interesting to lower the camera and turn a little bit at left or right, or turn the tower, that will give to your scene an another size, more mystical and imposing... in any case, I like this way... come on girl :thumbsup:

JamesMK
03-30-2005, 07:29 AM
This antenna thing is very cool, like a totally unexpected theme for an image like this, which makes it a great idea.

The first composition test... nah, I don't feel it. Too centered, not very dynamic... lower cam as suggested could help, moving stuff off center would help too, also getting some broad diagonals into it... you know the drill :wip:

Lemog
03-30-2005, 07:48 AM
lower cam as suggested could help, moving stuff off center would help too, also getting some broad diagonals into it... you know the drill :wip:
Thanks my friend... you explain better than me... aaaaaaaaaaaah... me and the english :shrug:

Gunilla
03-30-2005, 08:32 AM
tilite - thanks a lot dude, hope you're having a good time too!

emonimo - glad you found me - I like your work as well, good luck :thumbsup:

Richard - thanks mate - good to see you here!

Lombardo- Hey! glad you came by. When are you going to stop that silly dayjob and start posting? We're all impatiently waiting :)

hands0nfire- thank you very much for ongoing support, very appreciated :)

Kid Mesh - you betcha! Your's pretty cool too, keep it up :thumbsup:

Lemog, James, Lemog again - You're both absolutely right of course ... that is indeed a rather sloppy test, I have to blame it for being occupied by finding a solution for the characters. Thanks a lot for not letting it slip by unnoticed, merci beaucoup mes amis ;)

And James, thanks for the comment on the antenna idea, I think it's unexpected since an antenna is not the typical thing to choose for a "emotional portrayal of the master" Yes - I have a challenge here allright.

Will be busy with work stuff so updates are likely to be put on hold for a day or two - thanks for your interest

Kragh
03-31-2005, 10:56 AM
Hej Gunilla, velkommen i konkurrencen.

I like your idea very much, like the overall idea. I agree on already pointed out problems in the comp....guess I can´t add any new in that context. Hope you´ll have a blast, and that you´ll make this as original as you gso image. it seems to be the case this far:thumbsup:

Tak for god support i gso, den var værdifuld.

I´ll follow you.

rbgallinera
03-31-2005, 03:42 PM
one thing i can say 'bout this...it's like (from concept) it can already be a poster / ad for some organization kind of thing like unicef, mtv...save the whatever kind of thing...well, that's just my perception...it's just got that underlying message that makes me think about the media around us, around the kids or so...(maybe am thinking too much now)

anyway, excellent!

Aethyrprime
03-31-2005, 11:37 PM
Where is that next update? hehe, j/k..anyway, just wondering how it was coming.

Lemog
04-01-2005, 05:14 AM
Yes honey... update... update... we want to see more of your art :bounce:

eddieellis
04-01-2005, 12:34 PM
deffinatly more updates dude

Gunilla
04-01-2005, 01:17 PM
Kragh - thanks and good to see you again. hmmm - yes, I'm definitely hope to make a better comp. Check back later :cool:

rbgallinera - thanks! "save the whatever kind of thing" - I like it! :) In fact you gave me a good idea for a title for this piece (if it gets finished...) But it's good that you got thinking ... I kinda like to think myself ;) good luck with you own entry!

Richard, Lemog, eddie - Nothing like some pressure to get the ball rolling, right? thanks mates, I've just ended a pretty intense worksession with finishing a demo and was planning on taking the evening with a hot bath, some wine and an old movie.... guess my plans have to change then :twisted: Hope to have something up later tonight or tomorrow. If I'm called honey I do anything to please ;):D

mireneye
04-01-2005, 02:00 PM
Wow, really unique idea. Not to mention very expressive. A good choice of concept, colors, and feeling will bring this far, im sure your ready to take this very far, how far is up to you. Its already looking very promising. Im awaiting an update!

Cheers.
Lycka till!

UK3D
04-01-2005, 02:03 PM
Feeling a bit like an outsider here but like the fresh idea look forward to seeing it develop. :)

djiemsi
04-01-2005, 05:27 PM
I didn't take time to read all the posts :p But I like your concept, and I feel you are going to make a great job :) Nice start for now.
Good luke to you ;)

Virtuoso
04-01-2005, 08:58 PM
Hi Gunilla..............You have a real nice plan and concept,as I mentioned earlier.......I think at this point dont over think it....Just let it flow naturally from here...follow the concept or plan naturally.....Keep too many of the real World obstacles out if it......The idea is unique and the execution so far fits it well.......I'll be waiting for that "UPDATE" (;) ).....No pressure.......:arteest:

mmoir
04-01-2005, 09:41 PM
Hi Gunilla,
That is a good idea you have as a communications towers as the master . I would move the tower off center as lemog suggested . Look forward to see what you do with this. How many people are you going to show being effected by the tower.

Gunilla
04-02-2005, 05:49 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6017/6017_1112424563_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6017/6017_1112424563_large.jpg)

Slightly updated rough for the composition. I think this works better.

Gunilla
04-02-2005, 05:58 AM
Small update, new sketch for final comp. The brown boxes represent people. In the final they will be blurry and appear almost like shadows ... drained on all energy perhaps. This will allow me to do very rough modeling (good since I'm a really slow modeler) and bring more focus to the tower. The current camera angle distorts things so the tower gets very much in the backgound - I think that bringing it forward with lighting and textures might work. Perhaps.:shrug:
I still haven't found the right angle for the towers arms here so I will continue with that... the time is running short, anyone else feel that? :)

jake rupert
04-02-2005, 06:01 AM
Its great fun to see that everybody here allready seems to know each other. I didn`t expect, that it would be that much fun to join the party!

Gunilla
04-02-2005, 06:08 AM
mireneye - thanks a lot, I'm quite happy with the concept but really stressed about time - hope to be able to finish. good luck with your own entry!

UK3D- thanks a lot, and don't worry abot feeling like an outsider - give it a couple of days and you'll see, this is a great community, glad you came by and good luck! :wavey:

djiemsi - thank you - you're coming on just great too :thumbsup:

Michael - thanks for stopping by and saying just the right words... :) And about UPDATE pressure.... are you the one to be speaking? :D Just kidding - you're allowed to take your time too :wise::thumbsup:

Mike - Hope you like the new angle better. I plan to show about ten people, perhaps more if I need to reduce the size of them not sure at this point. Alternative idea is to make zillions in the size of toothpicks - that would make the tower much more overwhelming... still testing and thinking. thanks for stopping by. :thumbsup:

monsitj
04-02-2005, 06:18 AM
dynamic lay-out , and this composition give the feel of master aswell, waiting for your detail work, good job Gunilla

pitiwazou
04-02-2005, 07:09 AM
very interresting concept ;)

good luck ;)

Matroskin
04-02-2005, 10:38 AM
Wow, Gunilla - that's really good camera popsition! I feel that master's power...
And lightning scetch looks rather clear to me.
Will it be night with bright lights of master? I'd put those people even more in shadow.
Ok, it's in progress - look forward to see it continues!

SuperXCM
04-02-2005, 07:46 PM
Nice update here, i prefer the new camera position!:thumbsup:
But i think the towers can be more big :blush: ... just an idea...
I waiting to see your update! :beer:

Gunilla
04-03-2005, 06:43 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6017/6017_1112510631_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6017/6017_1112510631_large.jpg)

Version with particle people

Gunilla
04-03-2005, 06:55 AM
Jake Rupert- Hello and welcome to the party :)

monsitj, pitiwazou, Deryk, Lombardo - thanks a lot for kind words, it makes my day, really! :thumbsup:

This version is a test with particle people, theres now 80 people in the scene. Also a test of the blu effect I'v planned to use. I'm a bit hesitant still, since I feel I'm slipping away from the original concept some. I kind of liked the little staring fellows in the concept and this might come out as a more "serious" image than I intended. Ah well, that's how things work I suppose. Anyway, I'd love your views on the people.
Note, they are still very rough - will be kept simple but hopefully with better shape than currently.

On a sidenote I'm beginning to feel like I will never be able to do a decent image again if I don't order a copy of Zbrush... you all are making fab things with it!

ihamid
04-03-2005, 08:45 AM
hi gunilla....the composition is taking form :)! and turning out great !heheh and still we can do without zb;)!....well dunno for sure but a great addition to any cg artiste :D!

javaejderi
04-03-2005, 09:00 AM
An intriguing distopia!!! Nice work!!!
Good luck!!!

tilite
04-03-2005, 10:38 AM
i love this concept and its so unique.
yeh i need to get me Zbrush too.. lol.. need that feeling back:arteest:
80 is alot of people but u have kind of spread them out evenly... they seem like they will all have the same amount of detail.

if u where to only have like 1 or 2 around the 'master' and more and more as the altitude drops the detail could also drop as the altitude does... saving u time ;) . it also allows for a few great looking character renders to be shown off need the 'master'. it will also pull the eye towards the master creating a good hiearchy.

great work keep it up:thumbsup:

artemesia66
04-03-2005, 02:17 PM
Looking good, Gunilla. I like the last compo--very dramatic. :thumbsup:

jddog
04-03-2005, 02:23 PM
I really like how this comes out ! :applause:
:wip:
jdd

hhssuu
04-03-2005, 04:07 PM
hey man, your composition is looking good, the lighting is pretty nice as well.

alex.h.
04-03-2005, 04:37 PM
looks cool, like the concept, keep going, och ha en bra dag (kväll) see you and :thumbsup:

pixelkeg
04-03-2005, 04:58 PM
Cool concept , and I like how the execution is turning out. :) The composition and the radio waves caught my eye from the "View all entries" page.

Lemog
04-04-2005, 06:32 AM
Oh yeah honey ;) , the last compo is very good... really... Two word : I love ! and just one remark, I think that the tower must be more present in the scene, more imposing, more impressive, to give a greater impression of power, no ?

Well Gunilla, I wait what will follow :buttrock:

Climax
04-04-2005, 06:36 AM
• It reminds me of night of the walking death! creepie, but nice, well done Gunilla keep it up!

Gunilla
04-04-2005, 10:47 AM
Hamid - thanks, and glad you find it appealing even without zb :D

J++ - thanks a good luck to you too :thumbsup:

tilite - thanks. This is great suggestions - however, I think I might need to stick to the blurry people for now. My time for this is unfortunately very limited... Are you in the challenge? I can't find your thread if so. Thanks for cheering, means a lot :)

Janet - thanks a lot! Looking forward to your first zb tests :thumbsup:

Julien, hhssuu - thanks mates, I'm beginning to be more comfortable about it too .

alex - thanks a lot, ha en bra dag du också ... ser ut som du har mycket bra flyt:thumbsup:

pixelkeg - thanks, and nice that you found it among all the others - cool!

Lemog - thanks dear ;) OK - so now it's both you and Lombardo wishing for a more imposing tower, fine I'll see what I can do. It's good suggestion I think. :thumbsup:

Climax - thanks a lot! Oh, I haven't seen yours for a while - have to go there pronto! So many stunning threads to keep track of in this challenge really.

Thanks all for taking the time, :wavey:

Virtuoso
04-04-2005, 10:55 AM
Really coming...The idea is certanly a unique one.....major thing.....I think I would go for a very dramatic camera angle up-towards the tower........Increase the toweres size and really emphasise the towers power with this.....Doing real well Gunilla,and with a real original concept,fresh and interesting.....keep it coming,doing really well....:arteest: :beer:

Aethyrprime
04-04-2005, 11:17 PM
Coming out nicely so far. The part that makes me crack up is that I did a image with lots of similarities to yours awhile back for vluna.com, not that the tower was a master and there were servents or anything, but I did a radio tower with the rings like that in a futuristic city coming off the tops of buildings and what not. It is looking good, this is far more artistic than what I did... keep it up!

Matroskin
04-05-2005, 03:47 AM
Yes! It's rocks! Blur effect really fits the scene.
I like idea with contrast terrain (or architedcture?) - dark and bright.
Want to mount up there as well :)

blackdragoncg
04-05-2005, 02:14 PM
Making good progress here I see Gunilla! :thumbsup: I think you are doing a good job here...Maybe add some fog/clouds.... looking forward to more.... L8rz dude :buttrock:

Claireabella
04-05-2005, 07:09 PM
Hi Gunilla. Looking great and the mass of servants really bring out the size and power of the "master". Great stuff! :bounce: Claireabella

el-newty
04-05-2005, 09:33 PM
hi,
wow, it's coming nicely...
great!!! :thumbsup:

I keep my eyes on you :)

cheers

tilite
04-06-2005, 04:22 AM
i think virtuoso raised an excellent solution for the dominating tower power... lol
if u just just angle the camera up... tuck it in abit... then drop a few mm's off the lens... could be awesome.

keep it up i think its great:thumbsup:

Gunilla
04-06-2005, 12:12 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6017/6017_1112789576_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6017/6017_1112789576_large.jpg)

New, even more distorted angle - is it to much?

Gunilla
04-06-2005, 12:15 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6017/6017_1112789708_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6017/6017_1112789708_large.jpg)

This is my basemesh for the servants. I will now rig it, pose it and animate it to use as particles for my crowd of about 80-100 people

DaddyMack
04-06-2005, 12:19 PM
This is my basemesh for the servants. I will now rig it, pose it and animate it to use as particles for my crowd of about 80-100 people

Wow, great fun!
Your concept is coming together really well Gunilla!
Keep it coming

Gunilla
04-06-2005, 12:30 PM
Michael - thanks a lot! Let me know what you think of this new adjusted camera angle. Always happy for your feedback :)

Richard - Yeah, I know ... this might be a unique twist for the master theme but not so unique as an image idea... it would be fun to see your version of the tower - I'll see if I can find it. Thanks mate!

Deryk- thanks a lot! I don't know what the final textures for rocks will be yet - but I'm thinking of maintaining the same feel as now - we'll see :thumbsup:

blackdragoncg - Fog or clouds is definitely a good idea, the empty sky space needs to be filled with something ... thanks a lot for your suggestions and support!

Claire- Thank you! I'm a bit nervous about the servants but I think I just might get it to work the way I want to now.

el_newty - thanks, I'll check you out too ;)

tilite - thanks, so I hope you like the new adjusted camera?

It's going rather slow at the moment, have been dabbling with the Zbrush demo to see if it's for me... I think it is, but not for this one. It will take me a long time to get used to that interface and workmethods, time that I currently don't have :shrug:I have it planned for the summer holidays instead.

My servants will be the biggest challenge here - I really need to keep the details down on them but still want them to look better than the slimey worms I use right now. Wish me luck - I hope to have them up later this week.

tilite
04-06-2005, 01:05 PM
that camera angle is pritty much perfect in my books. the only thing i might look into is the spave at the bottom left of the page... is the land going to slope down or is that going to be an empty space? should look into it!

stumpy lil people... but fine
great work

Lemog
04-06-2005, 01:55 PM
Best wishes for your servants girl... that make me feel to my futur ones... the humano-ID :scream:

Good continuation and good courage... :bounce:

digones
04-06-2005, 04:42 PM
hi Gunilla! First, i'd like to thank you for the encouragement :)

Man, you have a really creative concept here :D

good luck!!

regards from Brasil,

KryHoo
04-06-2005, 09:26 PM
I like the concept. It reminds me how long do I spend sitting by the computer and in fact I feel being ruled by a piece of electronic junk.

I think the crowd is the power. If you could emphasize the hordes of halucinated people, climbing up the transmiter and falling down from there you show the power of destructive effect of the device. The huge antena in a center of the fields covered by blinded meat. I don't know it's a good comparison but it reminds me some despotic politicians gibbering to the screaming crowd of manic listeners.

I like the concept and will look forward to next hot updates.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Master & Servant Story (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=223994)

Gunilla
04-07-2005, 01:59 PM
Robert - thanks, and you already know I love your work :thumbsup:

tilite - it's a slope, and I plan to make something interesting with the rock texture here to make the distorted perspective clearer. Hope to get to that sometime in the weekend. thanks for reminding me and for continous support :)

Lemog- I wish I could make mine look as good as yours - thanks a lot for the encouragement - honey-pie ;)

digones - thanks mate, your doing great!

KryHoo - Yes, that is indeed how I've been thinking too, not only as for politicians but also for religion, technology anything that tries to think for us ... thanks for stopping by.

Did I say that yesterday? Hmmm, doesn't it sound easy? Well, it doesn't quite work the way I want to - trust me, these people needs to be heavily blurred if used. It's been quite some time since I tried to animate characters and the first time I have to do it without CS and Biped. Argggh!! :banghead::banghead:

Will be some time before I update as it seems.

blakbird
04-07-2005, 07:23 PM
Gunilla, last composition is better. Distortion is not much. Maybe you must use a little bit more fish eye (I mean smaller lens).
Your concept is very suitable to be shown dramatically.

Gunilla
04-08-2005, 01:29 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6017/6017_1112966993_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6017/6017_1112966993_large.jpg)

This is a test with new servants and some (very) early tests for colorscheme. The image will be quite dark with some light things going on in the sky ... haven't got round to that yet. Colors will probably be the brownish/blueish in this draft.

The servants are 100 particles, using a morphed figure as source. I think this can work but it's a lot of tweaking...

DaddyMack
04-08-2005, 02:01 PM
Hey Gunilla, i saw this and remembered a tut I read

The servants are 100 particles, using a morphed figure as source. I think this can work but it's a lot of tweaking...

Basically it was a simple scripting method that added user assigned variations randomly to a crowd of characters ... It was in the book 'Maya- Secrets of the pros' and may be a real help

Good luck with the geekin and tweekin mate:thumbsup:

artemesia66
04-08-2005, 03:47 PM
gunilla, this looks more exciting every time i stop by. your shot is very dramatic now, and i like that most of the characters are standing as if they're in motion, being drawn in by the tower--IMHO more dynamic than having them all kneeling. great lighting, too.

JamesMK
04-08-2005, 04:47 PM
The new composition looks really good. There's stuff happening now, not just a still-life. The blur might work really well... I even think you could take it one step further for a few characters... like if you would animate a few of them running a step or two and the render them out with EXTREME motionblur... it could really captivate a sense of them being violently attracted to the antenna/aerial/thingy.

Climax
04-08-2005, 06:10 PM
• Lots of people! new compo rocks!

tilite
04-08-2005, 07:11 PM
this is cool. it really pulls the eye up, its almost straining (then again i am really tired) maybe i should stop criting.

i can see where ur heading with this now... top shelf:thumbsup:

soapy
04-08-2005, 08:16 PM
Hey, the image is coming along nicely. One idea that came to me, I dunno if it has been mentioned or not but what about some practical lights hanging off the tower master shining down on the servants? Just a thought... looking good cheers.

SuperXCM
04-08-2005, 09:47 PM
It coming very nice here Gunilla...:)
I'm not all time here but i follow your thread, i'm waiting to see some update! :beer:
Good work!! :thumbsup:

RealCapri
04-09-2005, 02:03 PM
My first impression on this is it made me think about what's that u're trying to say out there.. kind of mysterious feeling... interesting.

Matroskin
04-09-2005, 02:14 PM
Hey Gunilla,
Impressive color scheme - very atmospheric!!! And that tower under this camera angle - uhhh, getting fear from it :) :thumbsup:
Brrrrrr...... :scream:

pixelkeg
04-09-2005, 02:22 PM
Coming along nicely Gunilla. Do the foreground hills have the same material as the light-blue background hills? It would be interesting to see a little more contrast between the blurry people and the terrain they're on.

=pK=

Gunilla
04-09-2005, 05:50 PM
Levent - As for now I'm gonna stick with this lens since I don't want it to be to distorted - might very well change later on. thanks for encouragement :)

DaddyMack - thanks mate for suggestion. I'm on MAX so I don't know if there is something similar for it. I might have to check for other solutions than the particle system since I find it to difficult to control the randomness of the particles - it takes for ever to try out best possible setting.

Janet - thanks a lot :). Yes I think this is better too, we'll see how they turn out in the end ( may was it?!)

James - Thanks, that's an excellent suggestion and one that I've spent most of the day to achieve .. I think I might have to mix the particles with some handplaced figures to get where I want to. Not fun, since my machine is screaming already :banghead:

soapy - good thinking... and one that is already in the planning :wise: Thanks mate :)

RealCapri- It makes two of us then, I have to confess I'm not sure what I want to say - perhaps just starting som thoughts. Thanks for coming by :)

pixelkeg - textures will be similar for all rocks but not exactly the same. What I've got right now is mostly a rough colorset. People will most likely be more contrast but still within the same range as now. We'll see, it's much testing right now. I'll definitely plan to go on a rather strict colorscheme though. thanks for reminding me :)

Omar, tillite, Lombardo, Deryk - thanks a lot guys, your cheering on really makes my day. truly :love:

Off testing more versions of particle people and then it's really about time to do some textures for the tower. Thanks all for your interest :wavey:

smaddl
04-09-2005, 10:14 PM
great composition. i feel like i'm one of the crowd.

Poisen
04-09-2005, 10:33 PM
this is looking really neat..
great concept, im really interested in where your gonna take this...
keep it up, ill check back.

Virtuoso
04-09-2005, 10:43 PM
The drama builds......The tension is growing......I can see this more now Gunilla.....The concept you have is very symbolic......and to create as much tension and drama is vital.......Create as much power coming from that tower as you can......I think that a soft glow....coming from the tower towards the people would be effective,,,,almost as if the tower sent a thought wave....an order to these people.....Plus the effect could be nice to look at,as wellas light up the people a bit more........A glow could work in many ways.......Something for you to think about Gunilla:)

Keep hammering away at this....the idea is unique.........And interesting....:thumbsup:

hands0nfire
04-10-2005, 03:31 AM
alot has changed since I lasted seen your update...i like the motion blur you applied. well I want wait so long to check your update. keep up the great work!!!

handsonfire
3d master and servant:scream:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=223443

Aethyrprime
04-11-2005, 12:25 AM
Very cool update... I like it alot. GJ!

eddieellis
04-12-2005, 12:33 PM
hey dude.... looking good, so have you sorted the Character particals out yet ?

Gunilla
04-13-2005, 06:34 AM
smaddl, Poisen, Michael, rico, Richard, eddie, - thanks a lot for your support here!

And I really should have had an update here by now...:banghead: Been pretty swamped by daily duties - and unfortunately they have to come first and personal stuff later. I haven't given up on this though and really hope to have some new additions made tonight or tomorrow.

Going to contimue with adding power to the tower and sky, thanks Virt for splendid and inspiring suggestions:thumbsup:

thanks everyone for your interest.

tilite
04-13-2005, 08:58 AM
cant wait for that update!!

if u get a spare minute check out my WIP im keen to hear ur opinion.

:thumbsup:

Tremoside
04-15-2005, 11:24 AM
Yor last update is really impressive. Right mood and exciting perspective. Keep us posted!

Have nice day/night!

A12
04-15-2005, 02:15 PM
I like how you have layed out your process. Good example of concept development. Keep it up. Looking forward to seeing more.

Gunilla
04-15-2005, 05:13 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6017/6017_1113585227_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6017/6017_1113585227_large.jpg)

Finally a small update. Start for texturing and some tests for sky effects,in photoshop. Still struggling with the people

hmmm ... just realised I forgot to unhide the wire structure before rendering. That will be in just as in the earlier versions. I'll try to make a replacement image. :banghead:

Gunilla
04-15-2005, 05:22 PM
tillite - thanks mate for ongoing support:thumbsup:

Tremo - thanks, good to see you here, love your thread :)

Brent - Thanks for stopping by and hope you'll like what's to come. Your princess is great, BTW :thumbsup:

So, I'm way behind schedule with this and it seems like I will be short of time the upcoming weeks as well. Anyway, I'll do my best to finish in time.
I'm currently trying some lighting and sky effects. I will try to make something like this in MAX or else just do it in postprod.
I'm currently trying to give my particle people glowing heads with blur ... doesn't seem to work to well though. I'm beginning to think I have to skip the idea of particles and instead start to place and pose them manually. Perhaps it will do with 50-60 to get the effect I'm after. Could work.

Thanks for stopping by and for the encouragement. Makes me motivated to keep going :wavey:

Kanga
04-15-2005, 05:25 PM
Love that radial pattern.
Nice comp.
Great stuff. :)

tilite
04-15-2005, 05:32 PM
you've set a very electric mood... i like it its very powerful and dynamic. try pull that schedule back into time (and in the process post lots of updates:buttrock: )

great work mate keep it commin

Aethyrprime
04-15-2005, 05:59 PM
An electrifying update.. hehe.. I love the color schemes.. the sky is looking good. I think the people are a good start, will be neat to see where you go from here.

makaron
04-15-2005, 06:08 PM
Your message coming thru very clear. Very nice thread you have going here.. really like your colorsceme, suits the image weel... snyggt jobbat... keep it going :bounce:

Gunilla
04-15-2005, 06:37 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6017/6017_1113590233_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6017/6017_1113590233_large.jpg)

This is a replacement for the previous upload, with the wires added

soapy
04-15-2005, 09:48 PM
Nice update,. I like those lightning bolts they look great. The colour scheme is coming together nicely too.

Virtuoso
04-15-2005, 09:54 PM
Well done Gunilla.......very effective.....really shows the power,and the force of the master.....Nice effect.the idea comes to life more and more......How about those glows....that almost invisible power radiating out to the servants......ordering them in a silent but forceful way........Ok....have fun,keep it coming,real nice concept and wellexecuted.....See you soon old pal....:thumbsup:

javaejderi
04-16-2005, 12:20 AM
Hi again!!!
Very well prepared scene for such a distopic concept...But there is something missing, I think...Cables, thunders, radio waves are OK, but what about the idata processing? Isn't data processing capability one of the significant properties of electricity?
With only 1's and 0's or with words on neon lights, I think this will remove the lack if you put sth dealing with it in your scene...
Keep the good work goin':thumbsup::thumbsup:

stoat
04-16-2005, 06:58 PM
I would like to see some signs of bewilderment and fear on the face of the lower, and nearest figure. Maybe something like "the Scream."

A beautifully atmospheric work :thumbsup:

Poisen
04-16-2005, 07:30 PM
looking great!
the apparition, shifted look to the people is really setting the feel!:thumbsup:

Gunilla
04-17-2005, 06:32 AM
Kanga - thank you :)

tilite - I'll do my best. The time will be stuffed the upcoming week too, but I hope to have an update soon. thanks mate.

Richard - thanks for liking it :thumbsup:

makaron - good to hear, tack ska du ha :)

soapy - yes this will be the major colorscheme. Perhaps I will add some details with other color but electricity will definitely be the key. thanks!

Michael - ahh, yes the glows... been having some real troubles with getting those right. I think I'll need to make another particle system. I also took this as a good reason to finally upgrade my old Pro Optic Suite plugin. I've always preffered using that for glows instead of the one in MAX and now that it's finally been updated. Going to play heavily with that when I get it, probably tomorrow. :bounce:thanks for stopping by, always great to get your good advice :thumbsup:

J++ Dragon - Yes, data processing is an important part of this - you're right! I've actually been thinking that's what's being submitted from the flashes. Perhaps zeros and ones could be used to make it clearer but maybe it would be overly clear within this context? I don't know... need to think about it for a while. Great suggestion though, thanks :thumbsup:

stoat - good idea! I might try that if time permits, but it might also steal the focus from the tower which is the dominant part of this scene. On the other hand it would bring in some emotional expression which indeed is something I haven't figured out how to make room for... thanks and good to see you here :)

Poisen - thank you. I've been playing around with different positions for the "head" of the tower. Either have it as now, as being superior ignorant of the people or else pointing it more agressively towards them shooting some kind of beam. Any thought?

Thanks all for your interest, it's very flattering since there are so much interesting work going on here. Very much appreciated.

Virtuoso
04-17-2005, 07:49 AM
Good to hear Gunilla.......I believe this will really add to the power......This glow can show itself as a power that pulls the servants to it.......Plus make for a nice ambiant effect......God luck with the glow effect.......It'll be good to see you incorportate it......see you soon.....happy glowing....;) :arteest:

artemesia66
04-17-2005, 06:34 PM
hye, gunilla. coming along really well. great atmosphere-i love the sky. :thumbsup:

SuperXCM
04-18-2005, 12:08 AM
Nice update Gunilla!!! :thumbsup:

:beer:

Lemog
04-18-2005, 06:01 AM
Your project continues in a very interesting way. I imagine very well the final scene, and especially, the final mood. Very nice update Gunilla :thumbsup:

jddog
04-18-2005, 07:32 AM
:applause: that's come more and more interesting out :thumbsup: congrats !!!
jdd

Gunilla
04-19-2005, 06:07 AM
I got my new set of glow and effects plugins yesterday and is currently going through them to see what I can do. It will probably be some days before I can have an update ... ooh, time is running short on this :banghead:

Thanks you so much for the support everyone! :thumbsup:

alex.h.
04-19-2005, 06:15 AM
looks great och lycka till med ny plugin. see you and :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Neeno
04-19-2005, 06:55 AM
everythings looking great so far gunilla a boom of progress since i last had a look at your thread.. fantastic stuff here man.. you have such a unique idea something i havnt seen yet in this challenge and your doing really well.. good luck with further progress i be back soon to have a peek through..

UK3D
04-19-2005, 09:49 PM
Hey Gunilla,
Now you're talking. This is starting to sing a very strong song. Can't wait to see where you go with this. I particularly like the weird coloured lighting. It really helps the weird feeling and atmosphere. I'd say push it even further the wilder the better. :thumbsup:

Lemog
04-20-2005, 05:36 AM
ooh, time is running short on this :banghead:

Yes... we know that... it's the same thing for everybodies here... well... I send you a mountain of french courage... and I'm waiting impatiently your next steps sugar :love:

3dRaven
04-20-2005, 04:55 PM
Nice composition you got there Gunilla. Can't wait for you to start experimenting with the sky :).....hmmm the skies the limit :thumbsup:

safe05
04-20-2005, 05:20 PM
Cool comp and design. Like how the masses are heading towards their master like zombies. Looking forward to more updates! :thumbsup:

Tremoside
04-20-2005, 08:01 PM
Gunilla...don't be nervous about time, you're on the right way, so try to relax and concentrate, this stressy month is also a part of the cchallenge, you know that from GSO. You made nice updates with light FX. Going on very well. Keep it up!

Gunilla
04-21-2005, 05:18 AM
So, I've finally started to get a grip on how my new plugins might be of use ... and now I only have to solve the constant crashing problems when using them with MR. Perhaps I have to render them with Scanline and comp them in PS in the end. I hate tech issues, but there will always be some in each project, right?
I'm going away for a couple of days so expect updates by sundeay as the soonest :sad:

Alex, Neeno, Sean, Lemog, Raven, safe05, Tremo - Thanks alot for your support guys - you really are the best! :love:

Special thanks for Lemogs french courage, much needed at this point :) and to Tremoside for saying the right things just when MAX crashed the most yesterday...

see you later all, and thanks for stopping by :wavey:

Lemog
04-21-2005, 05:41 AM
I hate tech issues, but there will always be some in each project, right?
I'm going away for a couple of days so expect updates by sundeay as the soonest :sad:

I understand well, but you know, the most important, is the result... you can use so many differents technics... the best one ? that's surely the more easy for the better result.

The first thing to see on an image, it's at the first time the picture, the contained, the history which it tells, and the feeling, good or bad.

Technic is over, I think the first thing to do with our synthesis images, it's to do forget this technic, this is not very important for the spectator. Behind this picture, you can use all technics you want, if the result is good for you and the spectator, that wants to say that you will have win your challenge :thumbsup:

(sorry for my english a bit confused... personal feeling don't support very good an approximative translation...) Have a good day girl :wavey:

Gunilla
04-21-2005, 06:05 AM
I understand well, but you know, the most important, is the result... you can use so many differents technics... the best one ? that's surely the more easy for the better result.

That is so true - and thanks for reminding me.
It's very easy to get focused on solving technical issues instead of the artistic ones - personally I can be very stubborn, spending a lot of valuable time banging my head figuring out how to solve things that doesn't work ... Moving on trying another approach can be a better way to go when getting stucked. I've had my scene crashed 6 times only this morning so I think it might be time to either contact tech support or trying a different solution.

As you say, in the end -who will care if I used 3d or 2d software to create the background? I can leave the technical challenge to a better time... thanks for some wise words and have a really good day too ... more machines in the works I assume? :)

Lemog
04-21-2005, 06:24 AM
That is so true - and thanks for reminding me.
It's very easy to get focused on solving technical issues instead of the artistic ones - personally I can be very stubborn, spending a lot of valuable time banging my head figuring out how to solve things that doesn't work ... Moving on trying another approach can be a better way to go when getting stucked. I've had my scene crashed 6 times only this morning so I think it might be time to either contact tech support or trying a different solution.

The difference with me certainly done by a lot of experience years in graphic production (2d and 3d) (maybe too much:D )... the practice to work with very short times obliged me, when I have some technics difficulties, to find immediatly an another solution, to obtain the same result (we can explore the reason of this problem, later, when we have time, and also, with cold mind, it's more easy when we're not under pressure). It's also a great chance in our job, they are generally big number of different solutions to obtain what we want. The simple solution is often the best... I know, that seem a bit strange when I say that... build a lot of electro-domestics things for a challenge is not really the more simple, but we're here for our pleasure, and for entertainment :thumbsup:

Gunilla
04-24-2005, 04:11 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6017/6017_1114359111_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6017/6017_1114359111_large.jpg)

Some small updates made, mostly to show I haven't given up on this yet... added some cloud and glow effects

maxim capra
04-24-2005, 05:16 PM
hey gunilla, what a shame, i haven't seen your entry before. you've got an interesting concept. the image looks great, the emitter looks like a man and the people walk like in a dream... looks like a strange nightmare of an electro-apocalypse .. waiting for your final :) good luck man

blakbird
04-24-2005, 06:11 PM
Gunilla, there are some few concepts in the challenge which I said to myself that "as if I imagine this concept before and do it!". Yours is one of those. Although I am happy with my own now, indeed, I am waiting much more from that piece of art of yours.

Do you plan to make additions etc.? Or everything is finished and now its time to post effects?

hhssuu
04-24-2005, 07:26 PM
the colour scheme and atmosphere is becoming more rich. good progress.

Aethyrprime
04-24-2005, 08:16 PM
Coming along well.... no crits yet... keep at it.

xric7
04-25-2005, 01:30 PM
nice work.:thumbsup:
very exciting effect.
good luck:)

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=227677 (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=227677)

Tremoside
04-26-2005, 12:44 PM
Haha....I made my speach about relax and concentration just in time. Hey girl, I hope you can find a solution. Laurent's thoughts are absolutely right. Me personaly don't like plugins, turbosquid stuffs are good (less crash...), I know, somehow you have to solve these special fx. In your case i can't give any advice about these glow and thunder stuffs and am really sad, coz I can't help you know. About the final: I used to show my images to civil audience. They have no 3D experience and their opinoin is truly pure and honest. It's always a good test to make short questionnaire. As an industrial designer (student) i usually have to make these and that's a bombastic experience. So maybe you can ask 20-30 (or less if it's too much) persons what they think. You only have to make a quick print. I know this is a WIP challenge and you have feedback, but this community is usually too experienced to see all things clean. I hope i'm not confusing you... Best luck and lotsa time!

Mark

artemesia66
04-26-2005, 09:44 PM
hey gunilla, sorry to read you're having tech problems with your effects plug-ins, because i think they're really going to add to the image. maybe you can do some of them in photoshop, or something. ignore the sunshine, and keep working ;) .

3dRaven
04-26-2005, 10:12 PM
C'mon gunilla!! Don't let your computer get the better of you. Do some sort of workaround in post, render to layers then composite them. I know you can do it :thumbsup:

gulliver3
04-27-2005, 01:23 AM
great your concept is very nice!:bounce:

Lemog
04-27-2005, 05:18 AM
It's only a personal idea... I find the contrast between the top of the mountain and the sky a bit to hard... maybe it's better if have at this top a bit of fog, maybe that permit to win an another size of the picture, with a moutain which seem (only seem, don't increase the high of it, that appear perfect for me) more higher, to have something more imposing.

A question now, do you think to keep the circles at the top of the tower like that ? cause I don't know if the symbolism agree a lot the the rest of design of the scene... we must feel the radiations starting of this place, of these circles, no ? I don't know how exactly explain that in english :argh: but kind of waves as circular blur, or different of color or hue... that we feel theirs real effects on all these Humans...

You picture is resolutely different... I love that Gunilla :buttrock:

Gunilla
04-27-2005, 05:42 AM
maxim capra- I know, it's really hard to keep track of all the threads... so much great work going on. Thanks for finding mine :)

kuzgunoglu - thanks a lot mate! It really makes me happy to hear. You're doing great with yours:thumbsup:

hhssuu, Richard, xric7 - thank you very much for your support, makes me keep on going :bounce:

Mark - Ah yes, I'm with you on this... I should have remembered why I stopped using plugins. Your thoughts about civilians versus CGpeople is really true. It shoul'nt matter how an image was made, only how it works in the end. But to me, these challenges are also a lot about a technical challenge - I love learning new tricks and methods from you all in a situation where I can dive into solving them and not having an actual client hanging over my shoulder. So for each I've made a personal goal. For GSO was to find a way back to having really fun while working - which I did. For this my aim was to practise modeling (which I haven't been quite able to follow) and later to see what I could do with the athmosphere. I will leave the tech side for awhile - just focusing to finish in time. Thanks for great support mate :)

Janet - curtain has been pulled down and garden ignored, lets roll :thumbsup:

Gregory, serge- Thanks for cheering. And yes, I hope I can make it!

Lemog, Laurent (which do you prefer?) - My dear, it's amazing how on track of this you are... last night I was starting to fix the circles. They are going to be textured and smoothed to appear more like shockwaves. Right now the top part of the image is far to crisp compared to the blurry crowd and this is my next step.
Fog on top of the mountain is a really good idea to fix the crispiness - I'll see what I can do. I'm so greateful for your suggestions and support, really means a lot :love::bounce:

As usual the respons from this community is almost overwhelming ... thanks a bunch for your interest even if so little is happening at the moment!

Lemog
04-27-2005, 05:51 AM
Then... I read some good news here... good forecasts of work... that's really cool... Go girl... :bounce:

Lolo :scream: (only for friends)

keetmun
04-27-2005, 09:30 AM
Go go Gunilla! So sorry I haven't been more helpful with your entry, but I'm back here! I really like the colour scheme you have here. It would be nice to have a bit more colour in your clouds and lightning (if there is any), to show the EVIL going on. Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I hope it helps. Composition looks great right now.

Cheers!
:bounce:

Matroskin
04-27-2005, 03:30 PM
Hey Gunilla your environments add SO "powerfull" effect - it already pulls inside. Great indeed!
Actually for this challenge I'll be seriously working on environments for the first time, so here I take a lot to learn!
Wanna see that circles textured!
Good luck http://www.cgtalk.com/images/icons/icon4.gif

KennyM
04-27-2005, 04:33 PM
the mood of the pic is coming along nicely with the effects added.
it gives more meaning to the theme too :)
the signal/rays/ thingy around the top is a bit too sharp imo, I'd go for a blurry wave/frequency thing.

keep at it tho, it's starting to look very sweet.:thumbsup:

ilusiondigital
04-27-2005, 06:01 PM
The power of communications, good work and good luck

Gunilla
04-28-2005, 05:32 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6017/6017_1114666337_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6017/6017_1114666337_large.jpg)

Small update - added the energy field for the top of the transmittor.
I spent most of the day yesterday in rendering out all elements in different layers for starting postprod with the full resolution image in PS. Since I haven't been able to achieve the mood I want directly in MAX I'll continue it there. A bit messy to figure out the settings for the layers since most of the stuff is woven in to eachother... but I'll get there.

Gunilla
04-28-2005, 05:36 AM
Lolo :)

keetmun - hey there! Good to see you back onboard and thanks for stopping by, always welcome.

Deryk - here you go, circles textured :). Thanks mate for your kind support.

Kenny - thanks for comments, hope you like the small update.:)

ilusiondigital - thanks and good to see you here :thumbsup:

Lemog
04-28-2005, 05:57 AM
That's come really better sweet Gunilla... cercles are very good... the interior one seem a bit different that the big... the big is better, that will be very nice to applied the same effect on it, no ?

I'm waiting the shockwaves now... I'm well hung... :scream:

stoat
04-28-2005, 07:59 AM
Looking good :thumbsup: the only thing I've got a quibble with is the two people at teh mid right edge. They are a bit sharper than the rest and that leads the eye out of the picture, instead of arresting it at the pylon god.

pwallin
04-28-2005, 09:24 AM
Hi Gunilla! Posted reply today on my thread you asked yesterday. I noticed you entered competition, great! I like those lightning bolts and as someone said your image "pulls" viewer inside of it.

Pasi

sonicstrawbery
04-28-2005, 12:22 PM
Hey nice work Gunilla, i like how things are coming...

The design of this piece is great, perspective work looks great, i'm waiting for more, keep it up :thumbsup:

KennyM
04-28-2005, 12:27 PM
The adjustments are great, hehe getting a good "vibe" from this piece:D, I'll be around to check up on the progress :bounce:

Gunilla
04-28-2005, 02:03 PM
That's come really better sweet Gunilla... cercles are very good... the interior one seem a bit different that the big... the big is better, that will be very nice to applied the same effect on it, no ?
Hmmm - I'm not sure I see what you mean here. Both circles are the same object, there are som stripes in the opacity map in the inner part, is that what you mean? :shrug: I think I'll need some more and bigger circles for this ... let me tweak some and if I'm lucky it'll be better.
I'm well hung... :scream:
:eek::eek::eek::eek: Oh, Dear - Did you just say that!? :scream:

Robert - Good eye, I'm two minds on them ... somehow I like it that they are not moving but looking again I see that you're right, they either need to be blurred or moved to another spot. Thanks mate! :thumbsup:

Pasi, Sebastien - thanks for support, makes me wanna move faster :wip:

Kenny- Not so much good vibes but evil ones being transmitted from here ... thanks for checking :)

Got some ideas on how to proceed with the top now, hope to have something up later in the week. Thanks all for stopping by!

Lemog
04-28-2005, 02:48 PM
In fact... you know that's the same object, but it's not really visible and clear for me... the outter seem to have thickness... not the inner circle, this one seem very flat and don't made in the same matter... Maybe I'm the only one to think that... or maybe my eyes are a little bit tired :banghead: :cool:

Gunilla
04-28-2005, 03:20 PM
Ok - I see it now, thanks! Will be changed promptly :thumbsup:

Climax
04-28-2005, 03:45 PM
• Great Job Gunilla! each time is getting better and better, just listen some of the crits to get there! :thumbsup:, but the most impportant is your oppinion :beer:

Virtuoso
04-28-2005, 10:50 PM
Hi Gunilla................you know the latest updates shows some real nice progress......The effects and i believe look and presence you wanted are there.....I can feel the power and presence of the master......the effects came off nicely too.....The scene has come to near where I think you would have wanted it too......The glow appears to be pulling at the servants.....It's all come out quite well,a real unique concept,and executed quite well.......Good for you,you deserve this.......I am looking for your final touches......Leaving it to you,I think you have it very close......it's a matter of fine tuning now.....seeing some tests and going for the right one.......Until later Gunilla.....keep it coming as you are.....nice update....:thumbsup: :arteest:

pwallin
04-29-2005, 12:34 PM
Hi again. I think you could consider by adding (or tweaking what you already have) tiny bit more of those "twirls" so that they would enhance the female form of the "tower". Not much...just a very careful "swings" I think.

Pasi

Gunilla
04-30-2005, 02:02 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6017/6017_1114869722_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6017/6017_1114869722_large.jpg)

Small but significant update - I have now thrown the new plugins out the window and will do the reast of this in PS. I'm beginning to get a sniff of what I'm after but it might be a bit to much at this time, what do you think?

Gunilla
04-30-2005, 02:09 PM
Omar - thanks , yeah I try to listen to the crits I get, very useful so far :thumbsup:

Michael - thanks for you comments and I'm glad that I'm beginning to come through with this one. I'm almost there now... I think :)

Pasi - I think adding the glow on them made the shape clearer - what do you say? To be true, I don't think my poor computer can handle more - this is the first time in a long time I've stumbled upon memory errors I can tell you the amount of data is huge :banghead:

I've rendered it all out in different layers now, so I can start playing around in PS with the full resolution image - this is todays test, or at least the first for today :rolleyes:

Thanks for coming by!

hhssuu
04-30-2005, 02:23 PM
I like the background mucj better fromt he previous image, it give the image much more power.

pwallin
04-30-2005, 02:59 PM
Pasi - I think adding the glow on them made the shape clearer - what do you say? To be true, I don't think my poor computer can handle more - this is the first time in a long time I've stumbled upon memory errors I can tell you the amount of data is huge :banghead:
Thanks for coming by!

Cant you do that glow in posteffect or render parts separately?

Pasi

Gunilla
04-30-2005, 03:05 PM
Cant you do that glow in posteffect or render parts separately?

The Glow is posteffect, but that's the part where the memory start to complain, I had to scale down the image 90% to get it. Anyway, I think it's just enough defined now since I think the tower is the main part- I want the body shape subtle. Do you still think it's to subtle? I know it's there but if people miss it that's not so good.

thanks for telling, I might look into it again. :thumbsup:

eddieellis
04-30-2005, 03:23 PM
it come along way my friend..... all round great pic dude :thumbsup:

pwallin
04-30-2005, 03:29 PM
The Glow is posteffect, but that's the part where the memory start to complain, I had to scale down the image 90% to get it. Anyway, I think it's just enough defined now since I think the tower is the main part- I want the body shape subtle. Do you still think it's to subtle? I know it's there but if people miss it that's not so good.

thanks for telling, I might look into it again. :thumbsup:

Think of it as you would see it for a first time...I can't say more because I too have seen it too many times...still, nice stuff you have!

Pasi

Gunilla
04-30-2005, 03:47 PM
eddie - thanks a bunch :thumbsup:

Pasi - great suggestion actually, I need to test it on someone who hasn't seen it yet. thanks!

Lemog
04-30-2005, 03:55 PM
I adore that Guni... major update for me :thumbsup: I love this picture... just one remark now there's fx... the 2 semi-sphere at each part of tower (hands ?:) ) don't receive enough extremely the fx around... maybe more reflection, a bit of transparence... I don't know exactly. For the moment, these parts appears a little bit to clean... especially if we compare with the rest of the picture... you are on the good way... congrats :bounce:

Gunilla
04-30-2005, 04:01 PM
Lolo - yes, thanks - Of course! That's the drawback with making fx in PS, you have to add everything manually. I think having them lit up by the flashes might do it.
I'm so glad you like it - you have a big part in it you know :) all good advice right from the start:love:

pecan
04-30-2005, 06:05 PM
keep sniffing its about to smell good hehe

markovicd
04-30-2005, 06:12 PM
hey mate! nice work here! i see the final go go go!

smaddl
04-30-2005, 06:53 PM
looking great! impressive work :applause:

Tremoside
04-30-2005, 08:04 PM
Gunilla, what can i say?...Your image is a PRO artwork! This suggestive scene is pushing my brain back...very-very expressive. These are not just words...truly opinion. Monumental, powerful. Congratulations :bowdown:

soapy
04-30-2005, 08:42 PM
Nice work Gunilla, really mysterious, bizarre and graphically interesting also. Cheers

SuperXCM
04-30-2005, 11:16 PM
Great image Gunilla!

Nice concept you used, very original, and interesting, .... and so realiste .....I like it, amazing mood and style, a very beautiful image... you are really near the finish line.... :thumbsup:
I'm waiting.... :)

Keep it up!! :thumbsup:

-Vormav-
05-01-2005, 03:58 AM
Great work, Gunilla. Very unique idea.
What else are you thinking of doing with it?

Gunilla
05-01-2005, 06:45 AM
pecan - hehe, promise to go on sniffing, thanks for stopping by!

marko - thanks man, Yes - I'm beginning to see the light :)

smaddl - thanks, you're doing great too - love your concept :thumbsup:

Mark - what can I say? Your words are really nice ... Makes me very happy and a bit intimidated :blush: I'm really glad you like it, thanks :love:

soapy - thanks a lot, it's good to see you back and rolling again!

Lombardo - Thank you! Good to see you around... but where are your updates? :twisted:

-Vormav- - thanks for your kind comment.
I believe I'm almost finished with this and if no dramatic ideas come into my mind I will spend the rest of the time with adjusting details, adding and removing dust and fuzz and such things. Hardly noticable but will probably pay off in the end. I knew from the start that I would have very little time this time around and planned the scene so it could be completed and then refined if time permits.
Also I like to spend more time in others threads - there are so many good ones around that I hardly haven't seen yet. It's a good thing to be able to follow in the last hectic stage.

thanks all for coming by :wavey:

Virtuoso
05-01-2005, 08:52 AM
I think another step forward in the overall look and appeal Gunilla.......best of luck with your final tweaks in PS.......

........Whats best still is the "Symbolic" idea of your piece.......And you have shown it within the art..........very nice and well done Gunilla.....and have fun with the tweaks......you lucky devil......;) .......I have 25 days of hard work.....and only 17 days to do it in.......;)

......See you when you get done tweaking......have fun.....:arteest:

jddog
05-01-2005, 11:07 AM
Really intriging and unique work, congrats I love this kind of graphical efx and design work. :thumbsup:
jdd

mmoir
05-01-2005, 06:01 PM
Gunilla,
Your image is really starting to convey your idea , good job:thumbsup:. Its progressed quite a bit since I was last here. You really get the feeling of energy waves washing over the people and the power being exerted on everyone.

BlackDidThis
05-01-2005, 08:58 PM
This is a very dynamic and refinately impressive composition you have here.

Nice catch on the "master" concept... And it seems you have really executed it well.
I love the explosion of the power not only as the elcetricity inside it .. but the electricity of the image itself.
There are thiings that maybe many of us would have personally done diffrent... but with your style I think you have the ull by the horns.

Good luck with it all. It's turning out to be a 3D with exquisite 2D compositional qualities!:thumbsup:

Black

blakbird
05-01-2005, 09:16 PM
Gunilla your scene is developing nearly the same like i imagine.

Gunilla
05-02-2005, 05:42 AM
Michael - thanks and yes, I only have the fun part left now. Hope you find the time to squeeze in the 25 days into the 17, oh wait - now there's only 16! :twisted:
I know you can make it and I'll be cheering you on as good as I can.

Julien, Mike - thank you both, I'm glad to hear the effect is beginning to come through.

Black - thanks a lot! Well, there are a lot of things I would have done differently too, but it was either this or not being able to finish. Looking at it today I find it a bit to busy and even in the structure, hopefully I can bring it into something more dynamic before the ending. Right now I'm not so happy with it - hope to change that.

Levent - Is that a good or a bad thing? :)

Gunilla
05-02-2005, 01:31 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6017/6017_1115040671_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6017/6017_1115040671_large.jpg)

Some tweakings made. Added a slightly colored layer of smoke. Also added some noise to the "hands" to make them less clean - thanks Lolo ;-)

Gunilla
05-02-2005, 01:35 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6017/6017_1115040902_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6017/6017_1115040902_large.jpg)

Mostly for fun and since I noticed almost all my entries is from the same angle - this is what you'll see if you where standing right beneath the tower, the mountains texture looks crappy from above, but this will be the only time it shows.

3dRaven
05-02-2005, 01:45 PM
Glad you could overcome the tech problems. It's coming along nicely... looking more powerfull near the end. :thumbsup: The shockwaves were a good idea they add nicely to the atmosphere

artemesia66
05-02-2005, 05:13 PM
Your post effects and compositing are getting very sophisticated. great work :thumbsup:

Vedrica
05-02-2005, 10:19 PM
It's very reallistic work. Good camera angle. There are some right details, iff may i nottice. Keep it stiff. As i said, good luck on voting.:)

smaddl
05-03-2005, 08:54 AM
interesting what would we see from the master eyes :) looking for your updates, it a great vision.

Matroskin
05-03-2005, 06:27 PM
Interesting idea to show another point of view!
Good work continues!

smaddl
05-03-2005, 08:07 PM
i think i wrote it wrong. i meant if you could post the view from the top of the tower :)

Gunilla
05-04-2005, 05:09 AM
Gregory, Janet, Verdica, Deryk, smaddl - thanks all for coming by and cheer :thumbsup:
Still will do some tweaking so I'll hold on for the final a few days.

smaddl - I'll see if I can make a top view rendering later - I found it to be a fun experience to do this one, in this scene it's so clear that the composition only works from one angle, usually I make scenes that can be navigated around.

Thanks everyone for support and kind words.

Lemog
05-04-2005, 05:28 AM
Gregory, Janet, Verdica, Deryk, smaddl - thanks all for coming by and cheer :thumbsup:
Still will do some tweaking so I'll hold on for the final a few days.

smaddl - I'll see if I can make a top view rendering later - I found it to be a fun experience to do this one, in this scene it's so clear that the composition only works from one angle, usually I make scenes that can be navigated around.

Thanks everyone for support and kind words.
I will be curious to see a top view too honey... sure :thumbsup:

Gunilla
05-04-2005, 11:43 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6017/6017_1115206994_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6017/6017_1115206994_large.jpg)

So, here the view from the actual top of the tower, more fun since this gives a good idea of the size relationships between the master and the servants... As you can see there is no ground, and almost no effects in the rendering.

Gunilla
05-04-2005, 11:46 AM
I will be curious to see a top view too honey... sure :thumbsup:

You now I can't resist you then ;)- here's the top view, cool?

Lemog
05-04-2005, 12:28 PM
Oh yes, it's very special like that... but we have a very good idea of the composition... In fact, that correspond well to the scene with the good framing... it's also fine to watch it... thanks Gunilla, but now, I have a little giddiness :scream:

:wavey: