PDA

View Full Version : Master and Servant 3D Entry: Damir G.Martin

Pages : 1 2 [3]

alexfalchi
05-13-2005, 08:48 AM
Nice enviroment my friend!! best luck!!:thumbsup:

nebezial
05-13-2005, 09:21 AM
oy, add some redish into the dark areas of the clouds, sort of the ominous feeling and it will make the beast pop out nicely

venum
05-13-2005, 09:55 AM
Air Forget my message about fifty, fifty.
I was a bit tired (even me I can't understand The meaning of what I wriote). I like your comp, but I miss the specular and the contrast and the sharpness of detail onto the horns.
It's a great work you're doing

AIR
05-13-2005, 11:40 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA,Ur great man,Venum,i must pay you respect man.
Faantastic. :thumbsup:
Me to man.I feel energy being drained with this challenge from me like orange juice from orange.It's destroing me.But awsome to participate in.

Neb....I here you,I'l see it when I start postprocessing in a day or two atleest. :thumbsup:

AIR
05-13-2005, 11:46 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1115984800_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1115984800_large.jpg)

Another light test,this time with
contours on direct sun path.
BLAH,you know what I meant.
I need to turn on shadows from light that gives this contour.Anyway,still needs touchups.

Lemog
05-13-2005, 12:06 PM
Really impressive... that come very good... just continue in this way :thumbsup:

KennyM
05-13-2005, 12:13 PM
keeps getting better dude, everything adds up perfectly! keep at it, the next steps will probably be of the same quality hehe can't wait to see it done:thumbsup:

xric7
05-13-2005, 01:10 PM
excellent rendering!!
like ur characters a lot.:bounce:
cheers.:buttrock:

Maxter
05-13-2005, 04:25 PM
Great update AIR, i like colors:thumbsup:

overcontrast
05-13-2005, 04:40 PM
nice lighting and color man... i like the color of the sky, mayb worka little more on that, or maybe blur it out a bit more.... and the skin of the master could use a bit more shine in it... thats it.. its getting great... keep it up mate... best of luck.... :thumbsup:

AIR
05-13-2005, 06:09 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1116007753_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1116007753_large.jpg)

This is the idea.The slaves have
been transporting big block of stone.
Purpose,leaving it to your imagination.
They might be building something.
And when this happened every single slave went to take his anger and misery out on master,who havent spear his wip on them too.
In distance I intend to put somekind mountain chain,or dune,or some geo stuff,
and clouds over it.Just wanna break this clean horizon thing with something.

3dRaven
05-13-2005, 08:12 PM
Damir it's getting better with every update :thumbsup: Hard to crit...maybe make the ropes more detailed...nothin else comes to mind...maybe add slight red marks on the slaves hands from tugging the ropes??

leho
05-13-2005, 08:17 PM
god damnit, there is so much emotion in your scene :thumbsup: you have that ability to give this kind of feeling through your picture. thats too good

overcontrast
05-13-2005, 09:03 PM
man this is looking really good... i love that sky u painted... really amazing... but one thng i can critique abt it is try to give more depth thorugh the cloud, right now its a bit flat... maybe some foreground coud and background cloud effect?... use ur great imagination.... best of luck buddy :thumbsup:

DaddyMack
05-13-2005, 09:43 PM
Damir, you are going to have an absolutely stunning piece of work at the end of this comp mate...You've blown me away with this piece throughout!! Very skillfully and steadily executed:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Well done

Wandddo
05-13-2005, 10:37 PM
Hi Damir, I liked very much of the positions of the characters... very natural... the anatomy in this characters is very welldone:thumbsup: :thumbsup: keep coming my friend:) I'm watching...
see you

nebezial
05-13-2005, 11:10 PM
oy, if ull have time left , do put an out of focus building, , u know what i mean

safe05
05-14-2005, 05:48 AM
Great comp! Powerful image. Great poses, too! :thumbsup: Personally, I like the "vastness" of the background. Like they're dragging this big block across large, open distances. Anyway, excellent work. Looking forward to the final. :bounce:

pigwater
05-14-2005, 05:52 AM
great stuff .. each element just adds more and more to the image ... the sky works well too

really great piece is coming out of all this ...:thumbsup:

AIR
05-14-2005, 06:25 AM
pigwater,Thx man.Im now of for the final shooting.Today is the day of ending all modeling and texturing stuff.I truely hope.Need theese two or three days left for postpro....

safe05,Im so glad U guys like the stone idea,cos i thought,well,It might be bad but,it's
nicely accepted,im happy :) The horizon will get a mountain or something,but in the laaarge distance,if I could achieve that illusion.

nebezial,I here you man,I'l see if I'l go for that.the idea with reddish clouds is buzzing arround my head still. :)

Wandddo,nothing but thx.

DaddyMackYou've blown me away with this piece throughout!! I hope you're not injured or somethin. :) :) :thumbsup:

overcontrast.Thx man,Im thinkin on the clouds.This isn't Final cloud layout.I think i change few things.And I'l try to acheve distance effect by making top of the cloud,upper portion of image,darker,and as it goes down to the horizon line,more lighter and pastel like.

leho,you to brought smile to my face. :)

3dRaven,last but not the least.The ropes are to be textured today.and perhaps bit smoothed,cos the poly count is visible on edges.More poly's.POLY WANNA CRACKER. :)
And the hand thing is a pretty good idea too.Arghh,You had to mantion it.Now gotta add more to my list___to finish things...
Seeya people'z

AIR
05-14-2005, 06:27 AM
BLACK,,,Just noticed you was watchin' it.Im thinking about your comments.
Need your opasque. :) :) Seeya,Master of commentary. :thumbsup:

BlackDidThis
05-14-2005, 06:34 AM
Oh darn!...

Being away I missed on so much I could have annoyed you with! :)

Naa nothing to say Damir..everything you are doing is definately doing it's thing. I have little to say and more to watch for.

As much as I liked the new lighting and atmosphere you have here.. I actually don't agree with Venum on lessening the contrasts of the lighting you had.
What was going on there was an impression of the highly contrast NorthAfrica where as the slaves are to work under frustrating curcumstances.. where the heat is making it so much harder to even focus.. thus it is hard work to just stay outside and watch over the slaves.
Sort of like you couldn't look up because the sun would burn your eyes.... get where I am going for? Sort of like good reasons to have the slaves really be on thin ice with tolernece
Now the lighting is just GREAT.. the details show fantastically and you have a very tabloesque render.. but the environment seems more easy to be working under. A bit more pleasent. And the dusk feel of it gives it a shot to look like the end of the day where they have already spent all of their energy at work.

I really cant decide on what to say I like more cause I have to admit that this latest looks very good.
Well not much time left in hand.. just do what you want..They will all look good anyways! :thumbsup:

So what happened to post#400 (http://www.cgtalk.com/showpost.php?p=2257901&postcount=400) Is that still going to be the final positioning for all your characters?

Ok .. stopping it now :sad:
going great!

Black

BlackDidThis
05-14-2005, 06:35 AM
Lol.. got caught on action eh?.. yeah I was reading through it all to catch up.. I don't like to JUST post something...

I believe hard work deserves time spared to apreciate it

looking good though!

Black

AIR
05-14-2005, 06:44 AM
post 400,HAHAHAHAHA,you rascal you.YAP,more or less it''s going to be quit same.
What,U'r on to something better,or a sugestion?
If so,now is the time to shoot it out.
Piuuuufhhh.After u'r blessings i can rest at peace. :) :thumbsup:

BlackDidThis
05-14-2005, 07:09 AM
Lol.. rest on the 19th :D

Now... work! :wip:

(o)ne
05-14-2005, 07:18 AM
your modelling skills just great! We all rest in several days, but now..:bounce:you know... :thumbsup:

alexfalchi
05-14-2005, 07:52 AM
Nice update Damir nice atmophere here!! good work my friend:thumbsup:

ilusiondigital
05-14-2005, 08:54 AM
Wow Damir, what a great image, no words, congratulations mate

DimitrisLiatsos
05-14-2005, 09:05 AM
Damir..last update is ...gasp! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bounce:

keep going man...keep going :wip:

3dRaven
05-14-2005, 10:32 AM
Damir this is going to be one powerfull piece once the composition will be finished. Very emotional characters

....go go go...:wip:

AIR
05-14-2005, 03:43 PM
BlackDidThis,Yeah,U got that wright.But hope to finish before 18,we will see.
I just knock on wood,everything fine with computer,no problems of any kind,just slowly,but that comes with 512 memory,and not so strong nvidia fx,that could match up with my demands.

(o)ne,my eyes are burning man.I exceeded my capabilities in more than one way.
but now it needs to be finished,and it will bee. :)

alexfalchi,glad u like it friend.

ilusiondigital, :),THX man,Its a kicker to my brain and heart,to hear theese words.

DimitrisLiatsos.Man o man,I just spended all my thx,and smillies.

3dRaven.I saw it from first sketch almost,in what direction will it grow.
Interacting with u fine people'z i made it look even better,
I'l try to send one nice post which is framing evolution of my image,or perhaps just one segment.If I make it in time.first need to take car of final image.
Today I did lot's of preparing and adjusting to start rendering layers for final compositing,which hopefouly will be rendered by tomorrow noon.
SEEYA :)

Tariq12
05-14-2005, 07:03 PM
hey man , this is very cool. love the composition. Very best of luck for the final.
Cheers,
Tariq.

venum
05-14-2005, 09:01 PM
AIr! :scream: amazing, astonishing. Great work.
th background is beuatifull, the light is beautifull. the texture of the ground and the stone are actually great.The emotion is here as well.

Your work is really, but really good. there is many details, everything has been done with the most perfection as possible.

It's a nice spectacle to see the different steps.

:scream::twisted::buttrock::applause:

AIR
05-14-2005, 10:01 PM
Tariq12,thx for droping by pal,allways nice to see new guys arround :)

Venum,Appreciate your thought.
There is many details at first glance.
Now I'm rendering High res,3636X2657,which allmost perfectly fits for my composition,and to tell you the truth.I see lots of things missing detail :)
There is going to be tone of job in postprocessing making it looking good.
I'm renderin at the time writing this post.So by somewhere 4__5 h in morning It should be done if everything goes smoothly.
They say they encourage post tweakery.Im happy for that.
Cos rendering volumetric lights and diferent dust and particle effecs on my pc,,,BIG NONO.
Seeya guys.LOONG NIGHT AHEAD,i set my clock to wake me up every hour. :argh:

Stay tooned.

arLutiK
05-15-2005, 06:00 AM
Great work, you could break the horizon with what they are constructing

AIR
05-15-2005, 07:14 AM
Hi arlutik,I was thinking of that idea,and had few guys sugestions already,but think i dont have much time left for aditional's.Probabaly just plane mountain.
Anyway,I also want to anounce,I sucessfouly rendered my full resolution images for compostiting.
The longest render took me 3 hours and about 40 minutes.All renders together scored some 12 hours of rendering,Not precise,maybe more maybe less.I began somewhere last night arround 22:00.
Now I need rest since I had turbulent night.And then again,into the battle we go. :)
I expect,if nothing comes into way,to post FINAL composition later tonight or eeearly in the morning.which leaves me some 2 days for postcompositing and tweaking in photoshop.
SEEYA.

leho
05-15-2005, 07:55 AM
uuuu can't wait :D:D:D:D

AIR
05-15-2005, 05:03 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1116176591_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1116176591_large.jpg)

Hi people.
This is first compositing update.
Lots things to do,lot of it ahead.
If anybody has some good,fast taking ideas,shoot.About composition,or coloring.If I see it way you doo,I'l accept them and execute them.
seeya soon.new updates tonight.

arLutiK
05-15-2005, 05:09 PM
Damir, now that I see it with the creature, I think you don't need to do anything about the horizon it breaks it really well, great work dude :thumbsup:

velascodearmas
05-15-2005, 05:23 PM
This looks much better than before! And looked good already... I would reflect some light onto the lower legs of the creature, and maybe blur the horizon a bit. Looking good!

THECLYKE
05-15-2005, 05:55 PM
THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITES ........VERY INSPIRING:thumbsup:

M&S
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=239415&page=1&pp=15

alexfalchi
05-15-2005, 06:38 PM
nice update my friend...nice post effect!!:thumbsup:

leho
05-15-2005, 06:41 PM
yeah, contrastic difference between creature's legs and the father figure is too big. maybe a bit more light on the legs. and some melting to horizon too :D other than that, it's awesome

AIR
05-15-2005, 07:14 PM
Hi guys.
The contrast and shadow on the animal legs belong to servants.
Its kinda confusing wright now,but in few hours hope to get it all and send in more complited composition.
THE CLYKE,,man,it's nice to hear that,after all effort put in it.
dvelasco,When I add mountain or somethin,MOUNTAIN :) ,and some melting,as leho said,you will see the diference.
THX for souch support,means more than enough in theese final steps.

leho
05-15-2005, 07:22 PM
oh right, i didn't thought about the servants cuz i didn't see them :D of course. i'll wait

AIR
05-15-2005, 10:06 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1116194807_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1116194807_large.jpg)

As I promised,here it is.
two servants left.Must put them in aswell.Tomorrow I'l start making things that will make this piece bit better.
Need to remove lot of borders from cuting,and add more feeling to the space arround servants,try to make them look not pasted on top of each other.
SEEYA Tomorrow,THX for showing interest,means great deal.Good night than.

NOOB!
05-15-2005, 10:22 PM
lol haha that guy got cut up.....i mean...poor guy.

nice work man!

Kamjar
05-15-2005, 10:26 PM
Thank you for the kind comment on my work!
And it linked be right to a great piece of art!

This entry is amazing, great concept, great modeling, great colours!
Truly one of the best!

I wish you good luck with the contest, you have done a great job so far! Keep it up

Cheers Kam

pigwater
05-15-2005, 10:45 PM
lookin good .. lookin sharp ... :thumbsup: .. will be lookin for the tweaks

AIR
05-15-2005, 11:08 PM
NOOB!,hahaha,you rascal. HAhaha,unzip flyes.heheh.

Kamjar Fadai.You welcome man.But the image u made there in 2D is something so beautyfoul,
Poetic.One more time wish you GOOD LUCK.

pigwater.Hi man,thx.Sharp is part I want to get rid in some segments :) :)
Your's is souch a laugh.I saw it the other day,could not go without one healthy burst of laugh man.GOOD LUCK.
seeya.
P.S.
I couldn't restst any longer,so I joined light saber wars.:) ahh d'a boyhood.

Wandddo
05-16-2005, 12:55 AM
Hi Damir, great comp man... :thumbsup: Keep going in this strong work my friend:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
see you

gra7
05-16-2005, 01:11 AM
hey man.. your image is amazing.. just some points i think that can be better..
the master in the dino is strange.. his body is strange..
i think the idea and the image will be better if the master stay in the flor and he was giving the order to the others mans..
sorry about my english.. i just think this will be better.. hehe c ya !
best luck friend !

DaddyMack
05-16-2005, 02:20 AM
Gorgeous Image you've built mate! You've some fine rendering abilities:thumbsup:

Tremoside
05-16-2005, 03:44 AM
Hi Damir,

I've seen your latest update yesterday, but i had no time to post a reply...so now.
I don't know your accademic skills but as i see am sure you have some. Those servants are sculpted in 3D as they were made by marble. It was surprising me..i seen the rider's forms but that was just an intro... this crowd is really impressive! As i look at it i see kind of classic art with future tools workflow! I have no better words...damn good! So after these sentences i have to ask you to sit back and work...no time to waste..it's too good my friend! Must be done as well as you dreamed! :thumbsup:

Lemog
05-16-2005, 05:55 AM
To crits for me for the moment... I'm watching the next steps... Open eyes and mouth closed... :thumbsup:

FredH
05-16-2005, 06:02 AM
Hey, this is looking great dude! just a small thing maybe, but the slave you is in front of the dino jumping to get at the reins, his feet is a little awkward right now. Maybe if you lowered the toes so his feet are totally facing downwards, it would look more like he is jumping and less like he is still on the floor. Otherwise, It's really shaping up well! I can't believe you have so many figures, it must have taking a long time to pose them.

Keep up the great work!

_FreD_

(o)ne
05-16-2005, 06:08 AM
Very dynamic and dramatic image you are doing :thumbsup:

mosconariz
05-16-2005, 06:19 AM
Hi again! Ilove your piece, is amazing; but, one issue, right now father and son have the same gamma as the croud... I think you should make a different type of lighting or maybe by adding some dust between the 2 subjects... however, congrats! :buttrock:

AIR
05-16-2005, 07:36 AM
Wandddo,thx man,hope to keep it to the end.

gra7.Well that's interesing aproach to throw a crit.:)
I think,In this last moments of my postcompositing,it would be a kamikaze mission to try change image layout.But nevertheless,thx.

DaddyMack.Thx mate.Thx alot.You too achieved one really nice and interessing image with
your freaky characters.Very well composed. :) :thumbsup:

Tremoside,Man.I thank U forsouch great opinion on my work.I dont have any academic
skill atall.I'm self thought artist.But again,I'm not.Cos I learned from the best people.
You see,today,when we have oportunity to see diferent documentaries on moviemaking,
and late theese dvd's with extra's and behind the scenes.I must say I learned watching those guys.I grow up under influence of stan winston,,phill tipett.
And I can think of how many artist gain my atention in cg talk,in last 5 months or so when I first time came here,and priveledged to participate in this site.
Thx for kind comments TREMO.And as you said,lots of post work ahead. :)

Lemog,hahaha,Turns out I'm handling quite number of layers my self.seeya L. :thumbsup:

- FredH -,The thing that bothers me aswell.It's a must.He is falling down actually,cos the
reins are ripped out of masters hands under servant's weight when he previously jumped.
You can see them flying out of masters reach,if you watch more closley.
But I see this too.THX for rreminder.

(o)ne,what about the eye.

mosconariz.Today I'm facing this issue. :) THX for helpin'
SEEYA.

3dRaven
05-16-2005, 08:24 AM
Damir how about adding some blood on the sand near the sons wound??

AIR
05-16-2005, 10:20 AM
My dear cg friend,U took idea from my head,I'l sew your ass :) :)
It's in the list to be done.
seeya.

AIR
05-16-2005, 10:25 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1116239152_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1116239152_large.jpg)

HI.
This is rough dust.Needs lots of tweaks,attempts to recreate something better,shadow and particles of dirt.Basicly anything that makes dust dusty.
seeya soon.

leho
05-16-2005, 10:41 AM
omg, i like it.

alexfalchi
05-16-2005, 10:46 AM
Nice Damir, nice...waiting for more!:thumbsup:

Lemog
05-16-2005, 11:50 AM
Simply :thumbsup: it works... :scream:

(o)ne
05-16-2005, 11:51 AM
:thumbsup: :applause: excellent!

CryingHorn
05-16-2005, 12:39 PM
This is great! I personaly very like that dead poor man and the other one crying for him... that's really touching... great work...

venum
05-16-2005, 12:41 PM
AIR! great great work, excellent! It's brillant.
:thumbsup::love::deal::buttrock:

AIR
05-16-2005, 12:58 PM
GUYS,dont know what to say but one laaarge graditude for positiv re's.
I need it.It's so hard now in the end.Must go for more.
I'l send an update now.Some detailing.

AIR
05-16-2005, 01:02 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1116248549_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1116248549_large.jpg)

Hi people.
Im into details now.
First I taking care of father and son figures.Than I go onto other servants.
And on the master and bg last.

Lemog
05-16-2005, 01:30 PM
Impressive work... Just one remark, I think that the blood of the wounds should be less orange and more dark red... :scream:

grooshka
05-16-2005, 03:20 PM
hi. your work is just splendid! I love expression and pose of the crying man. it's so hopeless and sad... it takes my breath away. you've really catched here this unattainable moment of sorrow. great work! :applause:

blood could be more red indeed.

AIR
05-16-2005, 04:05 PM
Hi.
Thx for super kind comments guys.
I have probabaly in work haste overseen the color of blood.
I'l fix it.Although,I kinda like the brighter blood,dunno,might be conected in somekind symbolic way or somethin'
Thx for looking out for me. :)
Soon new update.

calisto-lynn
05-16-2005, 05:32 PM
wow! now this looks amazing! good work dama!:thumbsup:

AIR
05-16-2005, 06:25 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1116267910_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1116267910_large.jpg)

I think this is finished.
Ther is allways room for improvment but
should close this episode.
I redo the blood bit,think noe looks better.Added some light.
There is about 10 servants to tweak.
Also master,BG.
Handfull of job.
But I'l finish it.If there is anything I know wright now,than that's it.
One week ago,I thought I'l never do it,and make it look nice at the same time.
Im so proud on son's wounds.It's upgrade to my skills,level up if you will:)
seeya.

KungFuPanda
05-16-2005, 06:26 PM
...:scream: WOOOOWWWW!!!

Amazing Job!:thumbsup:

Rob.

AIR
05-16-2005, 06:37 PM
calisto,,thx girl,Glad u like it.
Did not have time to drop and giv you postopinion.rushing here.

Procavia,hahaha :) :thumbsup:
THX Robert.

Got go rest for a while.If I continue to look at the monitor for another minute I'm gonna fall down.

Anyway,I'd like to ask a question.I dont know is it allowed to post FINAL image file in tiff zipped or not.Anybody who has knovledge of this please share.

Gunilla
05-16-2005, 06:49 PM
Haven't seen this since the early start ... my loss. This is really amazing work - with great emotions and very skilled execution. Love the mood and athmosphere. Congrats and good luck :thumbsup:

mmoir
05-16-2005, 07:04 PM
Hey Damir,
Your characters here are excellent:thumbsup: :thumbsup: , the emotion is very strong in the image.:thumbsup: Good luck in finishing this off.

hhssuu
05-16-2005, 07:14 PM
it's turning out really really nice, love the emotion and dramaticness of it. The movements of all the characters also look very dynamic. The details are wonderful too. Great Stuff.:thumbsup:

leho
05-16-2005, 07:50 PM
one thing i notice but it's probably too late to rapair that :( the dead man is father and the crying man is son? son looks pretty old when you look at his face, so i think you should make father's skin a bit more wrinkled

DimitrisLiatsos
05-16-2005, 07:53 PM
Anyway,I'd like to ask a question.I dont know is it allowed to post FINAL image file in tiff zipped or not.Anybody who has knovledge of this please share.

...when u post your final image as jpg here....on the left menu of the site is also a button saying "submit your final image .."or something like that ....u will zip the high res tiff file u have and when u log on there the server will give u a username ...a password and an ftp site to log through any ftp client u have (app)...also it will tell u the name that your zip file must have...u will rename the file accordingly and upload it...after the upload finishes ...if u refresh on that page that gave u the username and password for the FTP client...u will see at the bottom a thumbnail of your fimal image...that's it....hope this helps...

rattlesnake
05-16-2005, 08:37 PM
no doubt one of the most artistic entrys here...all models looks very real..your close up shot is also amazing..i think this is one of the best works around...good luck man!:thumbsup:

AIR
05-16-2005, 09:14 PM
Gunilla,thx man,Good luck to you too.

mmoir,thx,hopefouly by tomorrow evening It will be done.

hhssuu,Thx man,Good luck finishin your entry man.

leho, :) :) :) You got it wrong way arround man.HAHAHA.Rascal you. :thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos,THX DIMMI.I think It wont be big problem.
19.05,early morning.Damir wakes up.Connects to net.A mail messenger pops up.Error sending final file.........AAAAARRRGGGGHHH :) :)

rattlesnake,WOW,Im flatered.THX.
seeya folx.

rastko
05-16-2005, 10:42 PM
Hey AIR this look AMAZING man, it's really great. Brate ovo razbija....

Models, texture, lighting.... it's great,

Great work

alexfalchi
05-16-2005, 11:15 PM
Hey Damir...nice updates mate...amazing details!!:thumbsup:

leho
05-16-2005, 11:19 PM
leho, :) :) :) You got it wrong way arround man.HAHAHA.Rascal you. :thumbsup:

oh, so the father is crying :d no i've got it

Matt-Bortolino
05-16-2005, 11:38 PM
Brilliant work, I love the atmosphere & the painterly quality of it all, & one of the most evocative entries too.

Andymdk
05-16-2005, 11:45 PM
All loks good,textures and modeling.The masters modeling looks off around the waist and the arms somehow though.Poses are cool.

venum
05-17-2005, 12:25 AM
AIR, you're so perfectionist!
Each time, I would like to say, congratulation, but each time there is an improvment. So I gonna wait tomorrow to congratulate your work.
:love::deal::applause:

AIR
05-17-2005, 04:58 AM
Abishai_thx man.Hvala hvala :)

alexfalchi,thank you too.I wish you GOOD LUCK alex.You made quite nice entry man. :thumbsup:

leho. Yep :)

`mb .Hope to finish this fantastic journey today.During day hope to send in few more update'z on progress.

Andymdk,Yeah,had some troubles there,especialy with arm that hold's wip.But what's there is there. :)

venum.THx.Im happy that I made it in time too.There are things I'd like to change,and as DIMITRIS said,I think I'l get back to this motiv one more time in near future to maybe try make theese things better.
Im off for now.Plenty of tweaking ahead.
THX again everyone,for your time taken to give me responce,I appreciate it.
After finishin,I need to visit lots of you guys and giv my thx for your supportivity. ;)

AIR
05-17-2005, 07:36 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1116315380_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1116315380_large.jpg)

Hi.good morning,to everyone waked up recently:)
This is masters tweaking process shot.
Its allmost done.
And then,got whole day to play with rest of the servants and dust.
It's hard to achieve acceptable dust and shadows in it,Dont mention volumetric light effects.I'l try to create something tolerable:)
Stay__is it__tooned or touned:)

NOOB!
05-17-2005, 07:55 AM
lol,that man has sum stomach rolls,fat ass.

great details.

Kylebrn
05-17-2005, 07:58 AM
Hey there.I think you got some real good work here.probably get in that top 15 or so.But those fat stomach rolls are terrible,they are totally screwing up the rest,the overall work,I cant stop staring at them lol.Smooth them,they are really glaring man.Ok still fat rolls aside you got some good work here.

Lemog
05-17-2005, 08:31 AM
Just continue like that Damir... the way is good and the end near... just :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

AIR
05-17-2005, 09:04 AM
NOOB!.Indeed,he is some fatty piece of man.

Kylebrn. fat stomach rolls are terrible ,They do kinda stick out.
I'l look at it bit more,And if it starts to bug me I'l even might take your suggestion.
But when All image is taken to equasion it does not look so terrible.THX KYLE.
Hey,are you boy or girl?Kyle,I can't make clear idea.
:) :) :thumbsup:

Lemog,Thx man.Im happy U like it.As I heared you finalised your's. :) :)
The atmosphere is warming up. :bounce:

(o)ne
05-17-2005, 09:32 AM
best wishes, mate, you should finish in time! :thumbsup:

Tremoside
05-17-2005, 09:49 AM
Hi Damir,

Thanks your previous reply...So stan winston and phil...you know something...hah!
Am here just to give some :gOgOGOOOOO! and :buttrock: :bounce: You're almost there! be inspired! Your work will rock this place!

handlebar
05-17-2005, 11:06 AM
No crits, just awe. Your work has a wonderful quality to it, good luck with the final render.

AIR
05-17-2005, 01:15 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1116335750_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1116335750_large.jpg)

Hi,Im kinda doing finish touchups.
This is composition without dust.

Tremoside
05-17-2005, 01:20 PM
OK! Accepted! :thumbsup: Keep it comin!:bounce:

AIR
05-17-2005, 01:22 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1116336149_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1116336149_large.jpg)

This is dusty composition.
I would like to hear second thought of dust.
The image is about finished,maybe small corections,check if something sliped my eye.
I wrote the story.I might post Final tonight,Or early in the morning tomorrow.
Before I post final I'l post shot of entire image,,to have your blessing guys and some last minute call for tweakin' .if any.

jddog
05-17-2005, 01:28 PM
well I arrive really late on this thread... and :eek: wow you made an amazing work. Modelling textureing lights... all is really beutiful... :applause: congrats for this impressive entry !
jdd

(o)ne
05-17-2005, 01:34 PM
I admire your skills :applause:

AIR
05-17-2005, 01:43 PM
jddog,Thx man.glad u find me.:)

(o)ne,I just didn't use to it,to so much flatering and people telling me they admire my work.
Honestly.Im becoming atached to CG and U people,what to say.Predobro=too good
This challenge was great expirience for me.In meeting U guys and sharing thoughts and dreams.I'l need a whole weekend to recover from this :) :cry:

pigwater
05-17-2005, 01:45 PM
AIR .. what do you mean about thoughts on the dust ?? .. keep it or lose it ??? ... definitely keep it, is my thoughts ... how can all that action be going on in the dry dessert and no dust ... if it's a question of how much then i'd say alot ... again my thoughts

lookin good :thumbsup:

3dRaven
05-17-2005, 01:48 PM
The only thing that's cathcing my eye is the stone throwers leg. The one that's supposed to be planted on the ground isn't all that visible so the lifted one draws the eye more...makes him seem like his floating.....maybe reduce the dust a bit near his right leg??

other than that it's hard to find anything to crit... looks great :D

Tremoside
05-17-2005, 01:55 PM
A whole weekend and uvjecht pivo...:beer: dusty comp is promising...am just waiting for youuuuuuur fiiiiiinal :bounce:

AIR
05-17-2005, 01:58 PM
3dRaven,Did anybody told you that you have great perception skill :)
I see it,thx,,I'l fix it pronto.

pigwater,No,I was just thinking if it's ok,does it look good enough.
It suits me.but i wanted others to comment.It helps,,just now 3D Raven helped not to ruin strongest actor in attacking master.So It worths asking.

I was thinking,if posttweakery wasn't allowed,,How could one,in this case me,achieve this dirt and dust in 3d,with my pc configuration.NOOT!

Versiden
05-17-2005, 02:17 PM
the dust and sand look very believable.. well done on that.. no crits, move on to the final!

ilusiondigital
05-17-2005, 02:18 PM
Great compositing

pigwater
05-17-2005, 02:25 PM
AIR this was in the challenge FAQ's

Q: Because of hardware limitations, is it ok to render a part and use it as a background, or render in "layers" and composite it all togueder later?
A: All post trickery is allowed and encouraged.

----

to mean that certainly means photoshop .. if it wasn't allowed .. i guess just a few particles and a few months :scream:

arkinet
05-17-2005, 05:49 PM
dust is realistic, the ground is a lil too coarse, unless its pebbles... overall, awesome!!!:bounce: :bounce:

goktugg
05-17-2005, 07:44 PM
very well poses!:thumbsup:
going much better!..very nice details!:thumbsup:
good composition so dynamic!``great stuff`` i think

be fast!:)

vampeta
05-17-2005, 08:10 PM
Dam!! this challenge is near over and i missed your thread the whole time... shame on me:sad:

Ok... now 4 the compliments: Your Scene is AWESOME!
Great characters, stunning environment... everything looks perfect!
The only thing im missing is the Title :: FINAL IMAGE ;)

Hurry up Dude (only one day left)
Whish you the best!

Good luck to you & see ya in the Voting ;)
Alex

atra
05-17-2005, 09:50 PM
Evo i mene iz mrtvih :) Kad mi neko pomene pticu ja odmah potrcim prema kompjuteru da ga polomim...

Great work friend! WOW :eek: I really like the dust!
And those scars and blood.... sooo realistic !

:)
Stvarno si genije.... jesi li razmisljao o tome da pokrenes forum o ZBrush? Mislim da nam to treba :thumbsup:

leho
05-17-2005, 10:09 PM
holy mother of 3D. dust is awesome. i've been watching your work since the beginning and... and i don't know what to say :d it just keeps getting better

ALISK
05-17-2005, 10:34 PM
Hi,
Me too, it's my first challenge. I created my entry with Maya. I took a class for 10 months and then worked another year to pay it off. This was a great challenge to relearn maya, unfortunately I didn't read about early enough, so I had only a month. What I learned is I have a lot more to learn and I need a better computer.
I love your work, I feel I've entered a different time, a time where men had struggle.
All the best to you, look forward to seeing your final.
alisk

AIR
05-17-2005, 11:10 PM
HI guys.
I Had some problems with conection.So did not post any preview shots for final image.

Versiden,Thx.Good luck in judging pal.

ilusiondigital. :)

pigwater,Yeah,rough. :) GOOD LUCK

arkinet,it's pebless.What is pebless anyway? :)

goktug,good luck man.

vampeta,I missed my self lot of great entrys,After sending final tiff,I'l lay back and do the homework,visiting all finished entrants.Good luck,You got huge story in your image. :)

atra.Where are you girl.Z brush forum,I'm not familiar how that functions.What U supposed to do.And thx for compliments.

leho,thx for compliments.

ALISK.Thank you too,Good luck.Yeah,shame u didn't make it earlier.
And must say this challenge was big upgrade to my skills too.
Going to send a final jpeg.
SEEYA. :)

arkinet
05-17-2005, 11:12 PM
pebbles are small stones... nah dnt mind my commnt, your piece is simply awesome dude, you rock!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

AIR
05-17-2005, 11:15 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1116371741_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1116371741_large.jpg)

Loss

The day was at end,shadows growe longer,but heat was still untolerable.
Big clouds started strecthing out.But it seemed as they dont bring nothing but darkness.

Only thing that still resisted this uncomfortable environment was group of men.
Tyred slaves dragged heavy block of stone across this hostile waste.
Stone was probabaly purposed for construction.
In front of slaves walked big horned animal,carrying a man on her back.
He was controling slaves,he owned them.

After trawelled long distance slaves just couldn't continue anymore.
They stopped to rest.Master,cruel by nature,didn't like the idea.
Angry man took his wip and started snaping over theyr heads,but no use.
Tyred man satt down in shadow of stone asking for water.
So,having no other than to grant them some rest,he ordered one of slaves
to take of big terakota dish hanging from saddle and giv other's to drink.

Younger slave,in fear approached master's animal.Master stared at him
from high creature's back.Young slave started picking up dish when suddenly
animal,nervous cos of heat,moved.
Dish fall down breaking in pieces,and water soaked warm dusty ground.
Master furiosly kicked scared slave who fall down,and agressively forced animal
to trample poor slave.

Just as he killed slave,he tourned arround to start slaves draging again,one of them got up and screamed.
This slave run towards killed one throwing him self on knees,bracing dead body,crying.
Master was stuned.Started screaming on slave to get back with others.
This crying slave,as if he did not hear anything,stayed,picking up body on his lap.
Master,like insane,began wiping old slave.But the old man did not move,he didn't react to wip cutting his back.Nothing,just tears,tears for his son.

Whitnessing this drama,other slaves unonimosly jumped and attacked master.
After taking him of the animal,they took his life.

Hope story isn't to long.

mmoir
05-17-2005, 11:46 PM
Hey Damir,
Its nice to see it is finished, congrats. :thumbsup: Your image is a very good one and your storey filled in a few gaps but the main thrust of the story is visible by just looking at the image.
Very well done :thumbsup: :thumbsup: and good luck with this.

3dRaven
05-18-2005, 12:29 AM
Wow great final Damir the lighting and dust effects added a magnificent atmosphere to the pic. Poetry in motion my friend.

A strong story to match a very strong entry :thumbsup:

You've really outdone yourself Damir..jsut one word comes to mind....excellent

gra7
05-18-2005, 12:37 AM
amazing damir !

maybe more work ^?? hehe
great image.. best luck in the votes.. c ya !

overcontrast
05-18-2005, 12:55 AM
finally its finished ay?... very nice.. ur story is nice and the image got emotions in it.. vell done man... i like the guy throughting a rock...man its crazy... great dinamics in ur work... wish u all the best man... keep up the good works.... :thumbsup:

notnot
05-18-2005, 01:09 AM
Really beautifull picture.
I have folowed the evolution of your picture, and I was waiting for this moment...
Nothing to say. It's perfect !!

Matt-Bortolino
05-18-2005, 03:10 AM
Ah, I thought your earlier cropped detail of the slaves in the foreground was the final! Even that worked as a complete picture, but this is just brilliant :thumbsup:

arLutiK
05-18-2005, 04:24 AM
Wow, really great work you did love the action in there, especially the guy with the rock.

Kylebrn
05-18-2005, 04:36 AM
You did'nt do anything with that fat roll on the master Damir!!!Why oh why?:shrug: it just sticks out like a sore thumb.
Another thing I noticed was that the servants look too heavy,too well fed.They should be real thin,and tortured looking.Worn out.
I like the textures,they are good,not too real,but still good enough.
Modeling is good too on the servants,not too good on the mster (That belly kills it),but I wish you got more of a diference inbetween the servants.
Pose's are great.Did a great job on that.
Beast is pretty good with it's details and textures.
Overall a real good job,and I think you'll get in that top 15 or so.Good luck man.:)

alexfalchi
05-18-2005, 05:33 AM
Hello Damir...final image??!! very nice job my friend, I really like your job..nice idea and nice details...lovly story my friend, have best luck!!:thumbsup:

Lemog
05-18-2005, 06:03 AM
Powerful image Damir, really :thumbsup: very dynamic and very sensitive... a great realization mate :applause:

AIR
05-18-2005, 06:10 AM
alexfalchi.THX man.It's....FINAL.We both lived to see this day come.

Kylebrn.THX Kylebrn.But you missed it.I did take your advice my friend,especially your,and went on smoothing those rolls and,whyle i was making corection,I made one nice detail thx to you.I made dirty swet under the leather straps.It's not so visible in this small file,but in full res.As for the diference between slaves,also agree.could be better.The guys aren't thin,cos master does not need weak man arround hrd work,so they'r well fead.But at the same time abysed and treated like garbage.Seeya KYLE,thx for advices. :)

arlutik,The guy with rock rocks :)

mb.thx man,kind words.

notnot.If you say so I must agree :)

overcontrast,I shall try to keep it. :)

gra7,yeah,defenetly,seeya. :wavey:

3dRaven,too kind words Greg man.I wish you good luck one more time,it's good to have luck at your side with all those fantastic imagery going arround here. :)

mmoir,Thank ya.seeya

THX for the best wishes people.

alex.h.
05-18-2005, 06:22 AM
love it, great work on it all, congrats. see you mate and :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

aliasali
05-18-2005, 06:26 AM
hi Damir,its greaaatt!!! Congratulations! uv done a great job..i liked ur's....:thumbsup: Good luck.,..

AIR
05-18-2005, 06:36 AM
Madlight_1988,Hey man.Lose it.U should be working on getting it in Final man.
We need you to finish ittt.Now,BE GONE YOU :wip:

alex.h.THX alex.Seeya.

pigwater
05-18-2005, 06:46 AM
great job AIR .. congrats ... the thing came out wonderful :applause:

-----------
now i better go before you yell at me :)

(o)ne
05-18-2005, 06:47 AM
yes, you did very well, mate :thumbsup: good luck in voting

InTerceptoV
05-18-2005, 09:31 AM
Really great image probably one of top 8... ;) Well good luck.

Do you live in zagreb or?

pissaro
05-18-2005, 09:37 AM
I knew it will be great!!!

Ludal
05-18-2005, 09:59 AM
Nice composition man, but the sky is to empty to my mind...

Maybe a little more work on the skin would be better...
Anyway, it's a nice work :thumbsup:

DimitrisLiatsos
05-18-2005, 10:00 AM
One of my favourite images ...it's in my disk .....:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bounce:

Virtuoso
05-18-2005, 10:00 AM
Hi Damir............well you have crossed the finishline in fine fashion......execution is there from modeling to textures to poses.You can now relax until that next project......

You should be proud of you're efforts,and now have a fine portfolio piece,and I think a very good chance of a good position within the challenge.........

..... Now dont be a starnger,I have'nt seen you around for sometime now.....I still need to cross that finishline myself you know.......;)

....... All the best to you,and good luck.....Pozdrav damir.....:beer: I hope to see more of you here in the future...once again fine effort and fine results.......:arteest:

ilusiondigital
05-18-2005, 10:01 AM
wow, awesome final image, good luck bro

handlebar
05-18-2005, 10:24 AM
It has been a joy to follow your thread Damir. Your image is stunning, the very best of luck to you. http://www.cgtalk.com/images/icons/icon7.gifhttp://www.cgtalk.com/images/icons/icon13.gif

adel3d
05-18-2005, 10:45 AM
Excellent & Congs!! for the final work!

leho
05-18-2005, 11:10 AM
yes, really impressive piece of work

venum
05-18-2005, 11:11 AM
AIR it's simply a amazing work! I'm impress.
Congratulation!
:deal::love:

AIR
05-18-2005, 11:56 AM
pigwater,THX man,hahaha.I mean,U guys go arround complimenting people and forgeting yourself.I want yell anymore,I promise. :scream: :scream:

(o)ne,THX pal.

InTerceptoV,no man,Rijeka.

pissaro,Happy to get it done.

Ludal.I dunno,nothing have crosed my mind for the sky but those clouds.

DimitrisLiatsos,Im honored man.To hear this from souch Wizz's like yourself.

Virtuoso,Another wizz.When,I mean when are we allowed to see it.Thx for droping,glad to seeya here.And no,I want disappear.Im not a member for long time.Few months ago have become one. :beer: Pozdrav i tebi prijatelju.

ilusiondigital,THX man.

handlebar,some of theese guys replyng here actually dont need luck... :)

adel3d,Im happy finishing it.Never been at anykind of challenges,now I made great entry on my first acording to you guys.Im very satisfyed .

leho,what can I say :D

venum,one of those who have allways here picking up my moral and pace.THX Venum.

I waned to say also if I havent took 10 days free time of my obligation in kindergarten,I'd never finished this challenge in time.Thx everyone.

Neeno
05-18-2005, 03:00 PM
very impressive./... all the best a i r in the voting process.. :thumbsup:

JRBRAZ
05-18-2005, 03:03 PM
Hi Damir, Really great work. :bounce:

Congratulation and Good Luck on voting :thumbsup:

chilombiano
05-18-2005, 05:39 PM
impresive felling ..that is a mature concept and aproach for the challenge.

Vedrica
05-18-2005, 07:46 PM
Hi Air. I am glad that you have made good image on time. Good luck on voting.

Dobra ti je tehnika, no mislim da ti je malo pre mracna tematika.. Ali zato su suci ovdje da se nase misljenje ponisti u neku ruku...:)
Good luck!

smaddl
05-18-2005, 07:49 PM
wonderful work :applause: strong and moving. good luck :thumbsup:

cjewell
05-18-2005, 07:55 PM
Excellent work. I love the anatomy of the slaves. Lighting is great too!

-Best of luck!

Tremoside
05-18-2005, 08:18 PM
Damir you already know my opinion..but some reapeating...Excellent work on character movements, masses and muscle deformations, just as those fine anatomic details! :applause:

You're a first-timer here but your talent is coming trough this stunning work undoubtedly. I really hope i can meet with your following works here in the next challenges! And see you next time with picked up experiences and skills to rock this palce again. Am sure you will as i see these proofs. Be sharp and stay tuned! Count with me at voting!

Mark

Wandddo
05-18-2005, 09:38 PM
Hey Damir! you did it friend...:thumbsup: Really nice final with very good look :thumbsup: I liked the desert atmosphere and the sand tempest... really very good comp and great modelling too... Congrats AIR, and I hope to see you again in the next challenge... good lucky to you mate

Goro
05-18-2005, 11:24 PM
so many people :eek:

great job! your piece looks awesome
Best wishes and good luck!

safe05
05-19-2005, 02:05 AM
Oooo...I like! Really well done. Excellent composition, concept, and execution. Congrats on finishing up! Top notch work, mate. :thumbsup:

AIR
05-19-2005, 05:52 AM
GUYS,Ther is no words here to describe my feelings.Im overjoyed.

All I can see is that my net bill this weekend is going to be BIG,when I start wondering from thread to thread.At the time I gotta work,and dont have time for it.But,at work,im like zombie,all I think is you guys.I wanna stay tuned TREMO.
Seeya people'z.
And I hope all guys,that had problems with ftp,madi it.
Seeya soon.

tuck
05-19-2005, 06:06 AM
congratulation on ur final image.
very beautiful piece.one of the best here.
best luck in contest.
cheers.

DaVee
05-19-2005, 06:22 AM
Composition of your Image is really good, and you put a full of details on the twice character in foreground
GoodLuck

David.

nebezial
05-19-2005, 08:26 AM
and then out of nowhere a squadron of F18 appeared... and they had a picnic, lol how s that as an addition to the story, well u made mit... and i made it, sooo no pizza then?:thumbsup:

IlCattivo
05-19-2005, 11:32 AM
Those are some heavy claods. Great image, like the drama and figure poses a lot.

conundrum
05-19-2005, 11:37 AM
i knew you would manage to complete a top entry air, the final's emotion is the best of the entries i've seen thus far in the comp (its still my favourite). the posing and expression of the characters is nothing short of amazing. lots of luck

AIR
05-19-2005, 02:21 PM
tuck,thx man.
DaVee,Im just exhausted with feeling i have in my stomach.Im so happy I did it in time.
nebezial,hehe yeah man,no pizza for You.
Il Cattivo,glad u appreciate it.
conundrum,wow,what to say to that.
I think,honest thought,If there was no response from U guys while in the wip,and with al your great support and objective sugestions,this image would be 2 time lower quality and overall impression,I really think that.Cos with all your cheering and picking my moral with kind and too nice compliments,Even then I had periods with ambition crashes and stuff that make's artist to leave project with halfway done things.
I was discouraged in begining,seeing all the talent gathered in this challenge.
I thought,WHAT AM I DOING HERE,THIS IS NO PLACE FOR ME.
And one day I have almost quit my work,by just looking at stuff few guys have made here.
But then I used that depression and bad energy in me and converted it to creativity.
My lesson,one of them atleest,is NEVER QUIT.The second I decided to take part of this challenge is probably one of my best decisions in near past,or in life. :)
There is so many things i need to learn in 3D,but now i feel very confident about it,and have pretty clear idea what I want to do with my life,this challenge helped me.
Some things I say here might have no sence in it,but I assure you,it's just my lack of expressing in english.there is no language on earth to describe my emotions and things in my mind.
I will probabaly by under impression of this challenge for a certain period.And also looking forward to new ones.
I'l be back. :)

Versiden
05-19-2005, 03:28 PM
hey there.. great final. I would have maybe added some sweat and more dirt to the servants.. but this is a great entry no doubt..

cheerz m8

AIR
05-19-2005, 04:02 PM
Hi Martin,THX.You say scool for ant'z,I have couple of ants needing education here:)
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=229604 This image came to me as an inspiration from this challenge.

SEEYA.

gpepper
05-19-2005, 04:28 PM
Great image ! The most dynamic ! and so much characters ! They are so expressive ! Nice ! I love the light and the render ! A great one for sure !

AIR
05-19-2005, 08:53 PM
gpepper,thx man.Im just still floating,gathering impressions from challenge.
It was rollercoster :scream:

Vedrica
05-19-2005, 10:06 PM
Hi Martin,THX.You say scool for ant'z,I have couple of ants needing education here:)
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=229604 This image came to me as an inspiration from this challenge.

SEEYA.

Love your ants..:)

superhooman
05-19-2005, 10:09 PM
Nice image! Interesting use of more classical proportions in the modelling. A rather scary vision of a master and his servants... or perhaps in this case, slaves :)

Good work.

SuperXCM
05-19-2005, 11:35 PM
Waouw, i didn't see this thread before :eek, i very like you composition, very dynamic and expressive. A very good sensation of "master and servant"...

Good work and good luck :bounce:

:beer:

DaddyMack
05-20-2005, 12:11 AM
Hey my crow friend ... I've been thorough many many of the threads here, and seen some truly stunning works... I gotta say tho that your piece sticks most heavily in my mind as meeting the criteria in most aspects, and it's technically stunning too... I feel you may be further rewarded for your intense efforts my friend... Good luck Damir.. You're one to watch in the future mate!

6foot5
05-20-2005, 12:20 AM
OMG, you did this? this is one of my favourites! i think its great.

I remmeber you posted and i rember i think i posted here aswell, then i got to involved in my own piece, but i kept seeing this image and thinking how good it looked, i forgot it was urs,

congratulations mate!

AIR
05-20-2005, 12:34 AM
6foot5,glad u like it man,as I said,you did nice job in your work,But one of those sketches was like fav in my head.seeya,thx for droping by.

DaddyMack.Hi pal.I really liked way you commented things going on in Virtuoso's thread.
I used it as my opinion on situation too by quoting you.Your progress trough MS was lots of fun to be with.You know what I think of your characters,and my fav,DEAD TED
I'l make my self one stuffed toy,something like TED but maybe not teddy bear,but some gorilla or something. :thumbsup:

SuperXCM,Thx for souch encouragment CG dude.

Milkman Dan.One more that aprooves my work.O boy,wont this stay in my "nice memory" folder or what. KYLEBRN,where are thou?? :) :)

Vedrica,thx,glad u like my master and servant ant'z. :)

makaron
05-20-2005, 01:15 AM
Just popping by and have to agree with the rest of the "bunch" above.. ya have a really good image here... :bounce: Good luck :)

Adriano-Zanetti
05-20-2005, 06:10 AM
congrats with your final entry, best luck to your great scene! very good work man !

pe@ce

AIR
05-20-2005, 07:14 AM
Adriano_Zanetti.THX man.WHAT happened to you,I glanced your thread.Pity u didn't finish it.And,I never kneewed that J C van Damme was a poet :) seeya.

makaron,Thx makaron,And as I stated before.Thx to bounch of guys visited me during my struggles and giving me best support one could desire. :)

SEEYA peopel'z

amusic
05-20-2005, 06:23 PM
the entry looks great..i like the idea and execution....
fino si to napravio, a kao 2d radis jel?:eek:

aBlackEgg
05-20-2005, 07:22 PM
Well done Mister crow -- you managed to finish in time with a great illustration -- the story is inside the picture and the emotions are clearly stated. Congrats

sandro-

tlggungor
05-20-2005, 07:38 PM
woowww really good composition and rendering... // :thumbsup:

patina
05-20-2005, 07:43 PM
Hi A I R

Well done on finishing, a super image, great energy and movement
hope to see you in the next challenge!

all the best

Patina
My m-s, The Hunchback
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=231985

atra
05-20-2005, 08:25 PM
Oh boy, this story is really full of emotions!
The final image is just like I expected to see. Now... good luck (not that you need it ;) )

and hope to see you among first.
This is very, very well done!

Sorry for late reply, I just cannot load anything but google or yahoo. Must be something

with my connection :( I needed about 20 minutes to load the reply page!

Mislim da ima malo resursa na nasem jeziku za 3d, a mnogi mnogo lose (do nista) ne govore

engleski) :) Tako da bi jedan forum ili dobar portal bili pravo osvezenje.
I wouldn't do anything there. You would write and I'd try out and learn.

I finished my animations early this morning and now I hope that it will be worth it :)
(Ovde ljudi i ne znaju bas sta hoce... pa sam morala sve sama da izmisljam, od pisanja

scenarija, preko celog posla sa animacijom i jos da trazim muziku!!! A spice su za tv,

znaci trebalo bi da imaju svog producenta. Bar ce dobro da plate to) ;)

Poju
05-21-2005, 06:23 AM
Congrats.

So full of fealing, sorrow, hate, anger... do i see fear in masters face or is it mad rage?

Anyway great work:thumbsup:

theuni
05-21-2005, 09:50 AM
Hi,

really great image you created here :thumbsup: Fantastic action shot :applause: You got my vote 4 sure!!!

AIR
05-21-2005, 10:27 AM
theuni____thx.Im just happy god's creature theese days.When they say smoking takes away few years of your life,this will probabaly add couple of years to my life. :)

Poju,Hahaha,I tryed to put emotions in as much As I could.You see both probabaly,cos tgta was intended.I tryed,(based on you probabaly succeeded,i guess) to make master seem angry but also terrifyed of what's to come.Maybe I could in the future,or someone for shure with bigger knowledge of 3D remake something like this,but even stronger.

atra,Glad u like it.Everyone needs it,well,some of guys here defenetly not,but I think I still need it.About forum.I think it's good idea,but at the time I just dont have time for that.
Maybe in some near future.I also want to creat animation short.And demo reel os somekind.
I just want to get in the bussines of 3D as soon as possible.

patina.Hi,glad u like it too.I appreciated your quasimodo image too.If you have put in few more minutes tweaking shadows....Anyway,seeya.

-tolga-,I had thinked about composition hardly.I made a piramydal composition.The cause of the action in upper portion lyes in smaller piramyd with two figures,father and son.
Next level are making slaves,which are climing towards the master.I dunno,lost my thoughts.
I have it in my head in croatian.I should hire one art critician,or just BLACKDIDTHIS to
make description in artistic terms.
Generally,master caused slave death,and that caused slaves kill master.
I went for something diferent. :)

aBlackEgg,Thx man.just read top of the post,and You'l see what u gave me. :)

brijach1302.THX brijač.hehe.I have allmost 4 years of expirience with AIRBRUSH.
I have masterd it pretty good.Year and a half ago I started with my 3D attepts,and I fall in love at first look. :)

SEEYA GUYS and girls,thx.

Kenzor
05-21-2005, 12:22 PM
Fantastic image. Nice visual storytelling.
Well done.:applause:

bealobo
05-21-2005, 03:35 PM
I saw your progress without commenting, because there are so many participants, and well...
your pic is one of the best, technically neat, readable... the result is outstanding.
modelling, ambience, mood, environment... everything.
Youve given the pic a classical painting treatment and it really works.

congratulations!

limousine
05-21-2005, 06:20 PM
Dynamic and powerful image. I like it. The poses are nice and theatrical and the general mood was well developed. My only comment goes to the background. The light is too strong there. Good luck.

- limo

atra
05-21-2005, 06:42 PM
I still need years to open something on this connection :(

Sure, take your time ;) I just had that idea for some time, and I know some other people who would work on that project/portal/forum. That would be a nice community :)

Oh, you're making an animation ???? WOW, I can't wait to see it! That will sure be great.

Hey, you're right, just try to find some good project to work on!
I had very much luck to find that man, who opened the concours for tv animator (and maybe even more luck to be choosen) and now I don't need to worry what I'll do next

(I just didn't imagine that it would be 3d - I learned php because that was what the most people needed who hired me until now - , because I learned it just for my university project and because I really fell in love with it. I never imagined that I'll do it professional. But that day came :applause: and I am soooo happy).

BTW how long does it take until the jury decides who are the winners?

beelow
05-21-2005, 09:28 PM
Damn, I need start paying some attention in the 3d area of the next contest, This is really captivating. Nice compo, by far one of the best 3d images I have seen. Good luck. Holla!:thumbsup:

pierrebixquert
05-21-2005, 09:41 PM
Hi Damir

excellent work :thumbsup: and good idea :scream:

very mush luck...

AIR
05-22-2005, 09:33 AM
ken T,Thx man.That was mine goal.Aparantly I suceeded :)

bealobo.Hi man.Im just happy i made image that draws attention.And that itself is a reward.

limousine.dunno what to say.Hmmm.I'm glad i didnt go for more light :)
I also ade it with smaller amount light in the bg,but then the light rays didnt worked well.
And there was no sence of where it comes from,so I had to put stronger light effect arround right upper corner clouds to kinda simulate sun is there.

Ok. guys I have to leave now,I'l be back very soon.My mother is yelling at me.need to go eat,the lunch is getting cold. :argh:

AIR
05-22-2005, 10:29 AM
Ok,I am back.

atra,Yeah atra,I love animation,but so much to learn.Whole my life i was dreaming to do it and now thx to technologies I can.I used to make animated images on my scool books,and then turned pages animating the elements:) .Curently I work on this crow character,and have idea for animation series,but lots of job to be done to even bring it to descent presentation level.

As for end of judging ,I dunno,cos this is my first challenge here.

beelow,I need to go back on 2D,cos there is so much good work.At first I thought I'l get into 2D,but since I have lot of expirience with it,I decided to compeete in 3D,just to get clear idea of where am I at in 3D.

pierre_bixquert,thx for droping in pierre.

Seeya guys,and girls.
Now I'l go to starwars forum here at CG,finaly made to see the movie. :D

alexfalchi
05-22-2005, 06:09 PM
best luck again my friend!!:thumbsup:

k4k
05-22-2005, 06:23 PM
good entry... good luck...:thumbsup:

Deletedaccount
05-22-2005, 06:32 PM
That scene looks very impressive! I looks realy allive!

Nice work http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

AIR
05-22-2005, 07:11 PM
alexfalchi,thx alex.

k4k,glad to see people like it.

HardcoreRaver,every post from u people makes me thrilled.
I wondered arround cg challenge,both 2D and 3D,there is so many guys here I never got the chance to personaly thank for being suportive to me.my lausy net conection of 45 kbs is just to demanding to wait loading of each thread.bummer.Should create list just as LEMOG has.
seeya. :thumbsup:

korayarts
05-22-2005, 07:32 PM
ı like your idea and composiion good luck man...

xric7
05-23-2005, 03:38 AM
wow..very impressive!!great human modeling.love ur style a lot.:thumbsup: :applause: :buttrock:
congratulation.:beer:
good luck to u.cheers.

AIR
05-23-2005, 07:16 AM
korayarts,,thx for dropin by.

xric7,Thx,I saw your final yesterday,the image is great,and I also wish you good luck one more time.Seeya.

I had no idea that sending theese MS images to the 3D finished work was allowed?

However,I'l seeya people'z.

KangarooMan
05-23-2005, 11:45 AM
Hey there man, sorry that it took me so long to come by your thread. :blush: You have done wonderful work capturing the moment, very sweet work man! :applause::buttrock: Best of luck to you!

Matt

calisto-lynn
05-23-2005, 03:48 PM
sorry for not replyin for so long! this piece looks trully great!!good luck on voting dama!!:D

razz
05-23-2005, 04:45 PM
Impressive modeling :eek: Only thing I can do now is wish you luck :thumbsup:

BlackDidThis
05-23-2005, 06:27 PM
Quoting to something you had said earlier...

You may rest with ease Damir... you have my blessing. This is a marvelous image and deserves all the credit it has been given throughout the thread!
It is an amazing work that has come out inspite the draw backs of annoying crits as myself. Yours definately adds into the list of threads that I am SO sorry to not have had the chance or strength to foolow up on in it's final stages.
I tried punishing myself by reading through and examining all the bits that I had missed out on.. but well ended up to be more fun than a punishment. That should tell you something! :)

Your image is at the top edge of the works permited... there is so little to say but to wish you the best of luck!

Black

AIR
05-23-2005, 07:27 PM
first to repay the respect to the other ones.
mmbenya.Man,Im glad u like it.

calisto,it's cool girl.Thx,will need it in the end :)

razz,it's the only thing that all of us need wright now.thx :thumbsup:

AND NOW,THE MOMENT I WAS WAITING FOR,when i saw you posted here,was allmost feeling like I won something.I was waiting for your reply and it's here
Unlike your long posts,this one is brief,sharp,and foremost,rewarding to me,
To A I R,cos I started idolysing you.You became somekind brand of good stuff here considering the crits,and work to me.
I hope you feel better now my CG friend.If not u made my good day even better,I hope that my reaction can pass soem good vibration to you.
YEEEHAA.I can't put my smile of.I need to thank you one more time.U'v been wounderfoul support man.
_____annoying crits as myself____nonsence,It is the thing that made my image that it is.
If I had no objectivness you and other have gave me,I'm afraid I'd stranded somewhere between this and something else,not as good as....
________ I am SO sorry to not have had the chance or strength to foolow up on in it's final stages.___It would be great having your support all the way,U'r great wingman pal.
I'l stop my joy here.And keep the rest of good vibration just for myself :) :)
Seeya BLACK. (i'd like to put some icon here,but there isn't any that describes what I feel)

BlackDidThis
05-23-2005, 09:49 PM
Oh boy Damir.. What can I say now?!

You have to understand that I am really an average Joe.. everyone can be like myself with a little more effort along a simiallar path. There is not much distance between yourself and me.
Only maybe a little bit of 'experience' diffrences on matters we have personally worked on more to compair to one another.
I have had a confersation with someone much recently for a simiallar subject such as to not walk on some one elses foot-prints... since he shall remain not leaving his own...
You are not one such, I am sure about your strong intentions of leaving your own... but I think that you have to realise that there is no diffrence between you and anyone else.. they are as strong as you are, as talented as you are, as imaginative as you are... and fortunately you are the same as them. The only thing that holds you diffrent would be an amount of extra practice you would have to put in to live up to the simialarity.
This would sort of be parallel to how much you want it.
I think that you already have everything you need to be a 'Black'... But I wouldn't go for that.. You should aim for something so much higher than this.. You should try to be A I R... at his best!

You da man Damir... And all you do is flatter me to bits, even in your own thread. Thank you for laying so much value to my stuff or me... but honestly take a few steps back and try to see the my faults, my methods... and go one step further than I have gone. I know you can do it.. we all do.
This entry was a step.. the next shall be another.. and the next shall be another .. you are going to enjoy every step you take. But you are also going to pay as much a price as you did this time. If not more.
I personally wish you want this all much enough to grow into your complete potential!

Ok.. that was the last lecture :)
Nothing that you needed... or didn't know... but I feel less like a jerk now that I that have said them.

Good luck with your steps to follow Damir; and really stop exagerating me to such a degree... I have started to REALLY fear to not be able to live up to such a high throne.

Black

AIR
05-24-2005, 08:45 AM
I certainly would like to create my footprints,to carve my path into the stone of 3D art.
But succesfoul following some of the greatest paths is also not to bad.
Sometimes I say,It is better to be fantastic copy,than pour original.
And also,today,is getting harder and harder to achieve something unseen.
And as for you,first and foremost,I admire your criticism,the way you comment and help to
beginners souch as my self.
Like you,and me,there is so many guys that have some skills and know how to achieve something worth admiring,but the way you interact to others and giv your advices,that is category for it's self.
And secondly,the way you aproach to work,studiosly.That is just amazing.
Sometimes I think that is actually better to avoid that approach.It takes great deal of time.
Well,however,I'm allways happy to hear from you.
And I'm not puting you to the throne,U already there. :)
seeya black.

Icecones
05-26-2005, 11:07 PM
I must say I find this image to be very entertaining.
The flow of action is smooth. Starting from below
moving up the spine of the raptor where the
people are, up to the Rider.
This piece has good lighting, the color is even
where the raptor pops out to guide my eyes.
Even if there is a lot of movement I dont get
lost spaning the image.
Also the nice dinamic poses make this image
quite interesting.

Thank you for the eye candy.

Icecones

AIR
05-27-2005, 08:41 PM
Icecones,dude,U gave me here allmost profesional ecyclopedic interpretation of work.
Amazed me. :)
I'l try to throw candy's in my future more often.There is nothing as rewarding as positive
reaction from audience,or even better a colegue professional :)
THX.

3DForEverything
05-28-2005, 06:00 AM
... very nice picture ... like it a lot !

AIR
05-29-2005, 10:25 PM
3DForEverything,Welcome to CGtalk pal.Thx for apreciating my work too.Hope to see you arround.
Whoooaah people'z.
I want to start another image in 3D.But can't cos of so many tasks to acomplish,
I need to catch up at work,considering I took 10 days of free time to finish this image till 18-th May.
Seeya guys.

Wildstyles
05-31-2005, 06:39 PM
A lot of hard work and effort has gone into your piece. Well done. Love the story! And the art is beautiful!

http://stephen-oconnor.com

Comp #26 - Lord Wilfred and Iron (http://www.cgchat.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21596)

Comp #27 - Stepmother Bobessi (http://www.cgchat.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21949)

AIR
06-04-2005, 05:22 PM
Wildstyles,thx.Did push limits with it.
I guess We are all in some waiting mode,silent mode,like DIMITRI :) .
Im making a scene,for 3D forum.Need to finish 2D concept master and servant,but ambition went cold.We will see what will happen with it.

gpepper
06-27-2005, 07:17 AM
Congratulations Damir ! 6th ! this is not bad at all !

Lemog
06-27-2005, 08:39 AM
Ahah Damir, during the challenge, you were afraid of your lack of knowledge and of practice, the result shows the opposite, you can be proud of you and your capacities. Congratulations :thumbsup:

AIR
06-27-2005, 10:18 AM
gpepper,,hahah,thx gpepper.It is actually great.At the begining I thought,if I get to 20 something best it would be amazing.Acording to that thought,this is fantasy. :)

Lemog,Indeed pal.You act brave and in a sports way fair play guy.That is important.
I am kinda proud on my acomplishment here.Many thx Lemog.U gave this challenge
fantastic act.Just kinda strange not to get awarded for it.
Keep brave my man.
I gotta get msn damn it.I wanna chat with u peopel,exchange thoughts.
Seeya L. :thumbsup:

3dRaven
06-27-2005, 11:23 AM
Congratulations on making it into the fist 10 Damir :thumbsup:

Versiden
06-27-2005, 12:02 PM
Congratutions Damir, you should be very proud!!

beer!

Gunilla
06-27-2005, 01:39 PM
Congrats man, very well deserved! :thumbsup:

WildWire
06-27-2005, 03:26 PM
Hi Air,

Congratulations and see you in the next challenge.

Ralf Stumpf

overcontrast
06-27-2005, 04:02 PM
CONGRATS MAN! all ur hard works paid off!! really good to see u amoth the winnerz.... keep rocking that head :buttrock: :buttrock:

vampeta
06-27-2005, 06:15 PM
Congratulations friend!

I knew you would be under the top 5!

Awesome work Dude!
Just Great!!

Cheers :beer: Alex

Tremoside
06-28-2005, 09:15 AM
Hi Damir,

Am glad to see your results..you know your image was one of my favorits! So seeya next time too my friend! Have a nice summer and peaceful hours after this rush. :wavey:

Mark

DimitrisLiatsos
06-28-2005, 10:11 AM
Trully awesome image ..i really like the concept and of course the execution ...CONGRATS...i am happy for u 'cuase i also know how passionate u were along the process.I wish u the best.

Dimitris.

AIR
06-28-2005, 11:02 AM
3dRaven,thx friend,thx for your time,aprecciate that.

Versiden,thank you too martin man,in a way I am :) to get infront bunch of other artist who I personaly thought could easaly be above me,it is big thing to me.

Gunilla,thx GUN,It payed off even before the judging and result,cos I have learned grat deal.

WildWire,Ralph same to you,congratulation.

vampeta,hi alex,thx,Im happy with the place,cos I know now where I got wrong,and which could be improooved.Next challenge,hope to participate and show I have grow in this one.
THX again.

Tremoside,,Mark,,what to say,you are the one of thoose for who I thought could get above me easely,I wish you too nice summer,F1 is droping of cos of lot of job ahed of me.
Anyways I seeya arround.thx.

Overcontrast,my man,same goes for u.congrats,and I'l keep rocking for shure.:)

DimitrisLiatsos,im honoured you think so Dimitri,Im happyer about concept than execution,but I learned things,next one would be bit better.I wish u too best my man.
Also have nice summer,seeya arround too,everyone actually.

Im not able to go and personaly express my feelings toward this challenge and you guys.
Trough this challenge I got oportunity to work for one of the stronger croatian TV house,
so Im preparing materials to sell my self best I can :)
This is to much going on for me at the time.
Wish all of you best,and can't wait to compete with you.Seeya CG brothers. :thumbsup:

pigwater
06-28-2005, 11:53 AM
hey AIR ... just wanted to say congrats on the work .. well deserved and it was fun watching this thing progress

have fun at that new job :thumbsup:

smaddl
06-29-2005, 07:10 PM
Congratulations Damir!!! had no doubt you'll get a price, actually hoped your work would be placed higher. your entry progress was great. first time i saw the father and son it realy touched my heart. your finle image is very strong and moving :applause: :applause::applause:

bealobo
06-29-2005, 08:08 PM
I knew you was going to be there!
congratulations!!!

highest quality work!
:thumbsup:

Vedrica
07-01-2005, 11:37 AM
Cestitam na pobjedi! Bravo:) .

Congratulations to you on winning the prize. I am glad that you win; enjoy in your award. See ya.

BlackDidThis
07-02-2005, 10:27 AM
The results have been POSTED?!!!

Why am I the only one who didn't get a notification?!!!

Damn...

Congratulations Damir. It was a hard-boiled challange and there were loads of heavy weights with a stream of difficult to judge entries. This only makes your win an even greater, but not really a suprise. You worked hard and earned all you got.

Next step would porobably be; "what more can I do to get even more out of it?" :)

Congratulations once again!

Black

GFXerDave
08-22-2005, 03:57 AM
Great work, and Congratz on the win... :thumbsup:

Cheers,
- Dave

CGTalk Moderation
08-22-2005, 03:57 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.