PDA

View Full Version : Master and Servant 3D Entry: Damir G.Martin

Pages : 1 [2] 3

mecman
04-28-2005, 05:07 PM
Oh yes!! this beast is great!! amazing with all these details!
Can´t wait to see the textures! really!! The work will become perfect!!
Keep it up my friend!!!:bounce:

nebezial
04-28-2005, 06:36 PM
oy is working too much causing ur mental capacity to collapse, get a grip man...couldnt figure that out..man:rolleyes: hehe:D

DimitrisLiatsos
04-28-2005, 07:04 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1114642429_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1114642429_large.jpg)

This is going very good man...just a humble thought ...give it some vertical wrinkles at the start and at the end of the neck...i think it will make more interesting that part of his body :thumbsup::bounce:

Your friendly bubble.

vegass
04-28-2005, 07:18 PM
Pa, ne znam sta da kazem brate, dobro je, mozda padne i neka nagrada.... ;) :thumbsup:

AIR
04-28-2005, 08:17 PM
THx people,,this is strong support for me.
vegass,,, :) :) :) :) :)
DimitrisLiatsos,,THX for droping by your highnes. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I think your amazon looks to atractive,,the booty,,the passion.. :thumbsup:

nebezial,,Maybe,, :)

mecman,,thx for positiv wawes sended this way :)

Lemog,,,U said it not me,,but thats fals modesty talking from your humility,,
U'r great sports man,,very valor stuff.

AIR
04-28-2005, 08:22 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1114716119_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1114716119_large.jpg)

HI guys,,Later tonight sending master on the beast hopefouly,if my pc dont crash to koma..
this is a pose of animal,,
This is simillar shot from one i have in my mind for FINAl render.
Comments and suggestions appreciated..
SEEYA soon!!

venum
04-28-2005, 08:44 PM
:thumbsup:Great Job Air!
:):scream:Maybe on day, I'm gonna try to assign to a challenge, but not now!
I rather watching the great jobs of this challenge. And you're doing very well, Air.
I can't stand waiting to see more.
:twisted:

CuneytGuclu
04-28-2005, 08:49 PM
Very good model Damir! Good job :thumbsup:

Virtuoso
04-28-2005, 10:12 PM
Just here to give you two of these.............:thumbsup: :thumbsup: .....for your efforts,and your execution thus far......It's all coming along to be a very nice entry.....fun and interesting to follow.....Things are coming along real well....I wish you the best as you go on.....until later.....work well,just as you are........:arteest:

Kenzor
04-28-2005, 10:30 PM
:bounce:Truely Fantastic:thumbsup:

Maxko
04-28-2005, 10:34 PM
what a nice perspective and pose! :) I like it.. great work.

pigwater
04-28-2005, 10:47 PM
AIR .. nice pose .. it's dramatic and shows scale .. quick, efficient, you are ... good one :thumbsup:

now you can move on to those 10 chars ... lol

alexfalchi
04-28-2005, 10:49 PM
wow nice work friend...really nice pose..wow great beast!!:thumbsup:

Alex.

DaVee
04-28-2005, 11:01 PM
Nice pose your creature looks good.

Coming soon to see next

Climax
04-28-2005, 11:31 PM
• Great Model, very good work so far!

AIR
04-29-2005, 12:05 AM
I look in the title for this post and start thinking about thx sound systems in movies.wonder why.
Climax__DaVee__alexfalchi__pigwater__Maxko__ken T__Virtuoso__mmaxx__venum
(__________________________________ :D _______________________________)
A BIIIG HUGG FOR ALL THE GUYS ABOVE

thx for souch inspayring comments

Didnt complete pose for master,,tomorrow is a must!!! :bounce:

GabrielW
04-29-2005, 12:15 AM
hehe AIR its great!!! you are insane(crazy-- i dont know how to write it)----great dino man:)

rastko
04-29-2005, 12:37 AM
Great beast air. Glava pogotovu. Gde je dzedaj? :)

Keep up good work.

overcontrast
04-29-2005, 03:14 AM
i cant express u how awesome i think this creature design is... its just soo coool!!... great job on it, it got great level of detail and realism... by the way his balance is wrong, u might try to look into it.... but so far sooo goood!... keep it up :thumbsup:

parinya pattarajumnong
04-29-2005, 04:23 AM
great model and concept
I like it
good luck

Lemog
04-29-2005, 06:35 AM
Impressive pose... really :thumbsup:
With this framing, it right leg (at left on the picture) appear very right and too stiff, it's the only thing which disturb me a little... the rest is perfect :bounce:

aliasali
04-29-2005, 08:26 AM
hmmm,that beast is one of the greatest models in this M&S! Great,mate! keep it up,and good luck!:thumbsup:

AIR
04-29-2005, 10:59 AM
THanks guys,,,

Madlight_1988,,that's daring thing to say.I couldn't egree with U but is really flattering thing to say. :)

Lemog,,didn't pay much atention since I been busy with other stuff,,il look it up,,,thx :thumbsup:
overcontrast,,bro,theese comments making my heart jump arround..seriously!!
parinya pattarajumnong,,thx brother,,i injured my toungue trying to read your nick.. :) :)

GabrielW,,thx man,im glad u people think so about my effort.Makes me double it.

AIR
04-29-2005, 11:09 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1114769381_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1114769381_large.jpg)

HI again,,this posing stuff is killing me,,my comp is having worst time in his life.In normal conditions this would be job taken in few hours,2-3.
I posed body,,need to work on legs and hand,legs are inteersecting with saddle,,little thing that make my life miserable.
P.S.Oh yeah,,I seen right leg LEMOG,,thx,,its that way cos of angle..have to twist it a bit,,than it will be lot'z better.

AIR
04-29-2005, 11:17 AM
I forgot to tell,,
The master is holding wip in his hand,,sorta last swing before servants get him down and stone him to death.
The servants are pulling him by the leg and dressing,,need to tweak his body in a way he is struggling to stay on the saddle,,
His right hand lost the strap,,servants and scared animal forced it out of his hand,,so he's
like trying to grab it reflexively...dunno the expressions,,Hope u guys know what i meant.
seeya soon!!

overcontrast
04-29-2005, 11:19 AM
hey this si good man... i always loved the detail designs that u show... but i guess ur humanoid anatomy could be much better... i think theres something wrong with ur arm. The forearm is too short and hand dont bend like that, it looks like its all twisted. anywas, keep up the good works.. u'll b there in no tym :thumbsup:

nebezial
04-29-2005, 11:28 AM
oy, take the masters body to zbrush and with a large brush set to move, do corrections on the positioning of upper torso then move the, in this render, left chest muscle forward and the right one upwards it will define his move better, great work man!

AIR
04-29-2005, 11:41 AM
overcontrast,,I asure you its not the forearm,,its the perspective,,,If you had chance to take a spin of master in a viewport,,U'd see,,but anyway a good observation...
thx man.And in the end,,i said i need to tweak it a bit. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nebezial,,U think,,stop reading my mind.. :) :) :) :thumbsup:

nebezial
04-29-2005, 11:43 AM
arrgh getting weird mental signals...u want to eat potato filled pancakes!?! eek!:D i knew u d see it hehe

venum
04-29-2005, 12:44 PM
:twisted:AIR, that the main difference to model a character in position or to Skin and Rig him. But it's a good exercise and It's gonna be a bit painful. You can compensate your problem by adding shape in blendShape to your main model and use the historique on the new shape to tweak the penetration. Anyway, you're doing well. your job is great. Move on:thumbsup::eek::applause::D

AIR
04-29-2005, 03:43 PM
I know that,,I riged the master,,beast pose was achieved trough complicated way of deforming vertices,,step by step,,but for master i made simple rig and pose it and then put it trough Z,,need tweaking a bit more ,,but that's the metod I used,,,
thx for advices though :) :)

alexfalchi
04-29-2005, 04:43 PM
ho wow wow mate strong update!! nice character coming for the beast..

you good friend...keep super bostic!!:thumbsup:

Alex.

calisto-lynn
04-29-2005, 08:48 PM
hiya air! i like the looks of it so far! the equipment is sickly detailed. u have nice designs goin on there. but one crit. is there something wrong with the hand? it doesent seem natural. well all in all it looks great! keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

pozdravčić!:D

atra
04-29-2005, 09:27 PM
Great model AIR :)
That guy rocks :thumbsup:

I want to see the head. Must be very good if you still hide it ;)

AIR
04-29-2005, 11:37 PM
alexfalchi,,U rascal,,dont giv me to good crits,,I might start thinkin I worth something :) :)

calisto,,Hi gerla,,glad u came by.The hand,and everything else needs to be tweaked.
SEEYA :) and start going on with your project:thumbsup:

atra,,Hey girl,,My head,,meant masters head have hair so I have to cover it with some sort of flaggy cloth,or put something in a way.not able to create believable one...just kidding,it has a helmet :D :D ,and its nothing special,,just some angry fatt ass who just figured he's about to be stoned to death,,yeah..
ces la vie,,ili tako nekako.Pitajmo LEMOGa :) :)

atra
04-29-2005, 11:58 PM
Wow, I want to see that expression. :buttrock:

I am just sad that I cannot cover my figures with helmet :)
That would be just great.... if I keep practicing any longer, I'm going to cut off my hair too. :surprised

C'est la vie.... oui, je parle français aussi :) Mais, j'écris mauvais ;)

AIR
04-30-2005, 12:26 PM
atra,,dont go so far,,u need your hair for making diferrent kind a potions.
Many are made with hair or fur of some animals like frog hair,, :) :)
I must submit final master pose today.So U'l see it,hopefouly.

I didnot know u speak francais.Magnifique :) :) Že nos so parlarr fransas,že stupid.
prijevod,,ja ne pričam francuski,nikada ga nisam učio :) :)

seeya soon guys.

atra
04-30-2005, 12:55 PM
Yes, come on with that masterpiece :)

I don'y use hair for my potions, they would be too sand-like to swallow :)
But you're right, I still need it. :)

Ihihihihihi :D dobar ti je francuski
Yes, I speak french and some other languages... :)
Just.... my french is a bit bad (even if I could listen half of my study in french), because I didn't like my teacher in gymnasium (he told me that I'll never pronounce it like I should...), but I am much better now. :)

AIR
04-30-2005, 04:20 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1114874445_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1114874445_large.jpg)

Ok,,before i post final pose for master and animal,,Id like to share this image that shows animal from all angles.
THX U guys,,A I R of air

Lemog
04-30-2005, 04:36 PM
It's great to see your animal with many angles... we can appreciate the quality of modeling, neck is very impressive, a piece of choice... :thumbsup:

mmh... few post age, I read a sentence... but I don't understable... can you explain me pliz ?
-> "ces la vie,,ili tako nekako.Pitajmo LEMOGa"

BlackDidThis
04-30-2005, 04:49 PM
It is going great A I R;

I honestly would like to have seen the master better mounted than that. In such a case as a guy at his status with all those slabs built up; I would have expected his better settling into position.. like you know really 'Sitting'. Or on the contrary the exact opposite; to have him really clumy on the thing since it demands physical ability. Something that he is not too good at.
At this stage yet I am sure it would be very early to be nagging though. I am sur that one who has gone into details such is more than capable of such a task.

As for the creature.. with your last pose helped me grasp the sort of composition you are going for; and I think it is going to look just great! Here (http://digilander.libero.it/godzillas/Vallejo/1978/Boris%20Vallejo%20-%201978%20-%20Space%20Guardian.jpg) is a link to an interpretation of the same pose by an impressive master; Boris Vallejo.
I personally think your composition gives better meaning to the stance actually. How ever the whole thing is about the setting and posing of the elements. And this particular pose is a very impressive and extremely eusthetic one. The image in the link might help give you idea's on other options through out.

All that said... I think it is perfect that you are scared.. or worried. Things like this are what makes an image really come out from a part of yourself.

Black

AIR
04-30-2005, 11:22 PM
Lemog,,hahaha,-> "ces la vie,,ili tako nekako.Pitajmo LEMOGa",it means,,
I tryed to say something in france language,,that's life i guess,so atra giv me correct
spelling i guess,,And in my post I said also,,if thet's not the way its spelled,,let us just ask
lemog,,Pitajmo LEMOGa means ask lemog in cro,,,nothing special actually.. :) :thumbsup:

BlackDidThis,,thx,,I know what u mena for the masters pose,,Im sending final pose in a minute,,and asking anyone else for opinion since i think there's something not wright,,,or just could be better,,cos the servants are pulling him by the leg and dress,,to get him down,
defenitly need tweak dressing,like it's actually being pulled by somebody...
And master is kinda losing his balance,,animal is prouncing,and everything gone to hell.
atleest from masters point of view,
Seen boris,,I had many paintings on one cd,,I lost it,,great artist indeed,,so many paintings
the guy is superproductiv.
Il think about it my self if nobody comes with exact idea...or something close to what could be the best solution..

seeya :thumbsup:

AIR
04-30-2005, 11:29 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1114900179_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1114900179_large.jpg)

Hi again,,this is master and animal posed.
Im not to thrilled with masters pose,,not the pose actually,,just cos of the perspective he seems smaller than he is,,,and I need him closer to servants,
cos they are trying to get him down from the beast,,,I dont know,I dont want to change the view,,than i loose the concept,the whole idea i started from the first place..the animal should stay as she is...
If anyone has some good advices let me know.aprecciate any thought.THX

atra
04-30-2005, 11:40 PM
joooooooooj, sto dobro izgleda.... :)

I've got an idea... maybe the servants can fly by on a big hawk, or something.... but I guess it's too much work. Or they climb on the shoulders of other servants......

I don't know, maybe you could also let the master fall (just one part...) and his foot fixed somewhere.... but then he'll have to hang down.....

I lost my inspiration :)

AIR
04-30-2005, 11:50 PM
Yess,before I go to land of dreams and nightmares,I need to put this up.
The master is falling,,being pulled down,,His rigt hand lost the grasp of letter strap,,harness,,whatever is it called,,he lost control on the creature,,and other hand swings a wip,,for the last strike up on servants,,he knows he is finished,,but still tyrant and mean with
almost no fear in him,just contempt towards servants and all arround him...
this is crazy situation played in bit of time...
Looking at the pic I came across few ideas what to do,,but im living it for tomorrow,need to se al ya guys have something to say...
:thumbsup:

BlackDidThis
04-30-2005, 11:52 PM
hmmm.. Ok now.. If this is going to be your shot cam.. the masters pose seems very fitting like this alone.
But shall hell be reaking loose at his skirts he would be as disturbed by that as he would for the animals outrage/fear. I think thats the only situation that you have to pay atention to. It seems that the rest of the work to be don on him should be worked on after you place the rest of the characters... if nothing a few place holders.

For the beast.. now it would make a big diffrence for it the creature walks on two or four legs the more.

If he is bound to walking on four legs.. then you may want to ensure that he has three of his legs touching the floor... or at least that it is getting support from somewhere.

If he is a biped walker; Well I have to firstly compliment the wave of the tail. It is near perfect in counterbalancing it. But the problem here is the gestures of his fore arms are not working well here.
Think of yourself loosing balance.. what do you do, you twich your torso (That you have done here) but you also try to balance with your hands in a variaty of postisions... But I doubt you would let your arm fall free by yours side. For your creature I think quenched up would be more what fitting.. like tencing it really hard.

If he is in the middle of an action to get on his hind legs; then you might again want to pull them up for the creature to sort of get strength from. Try to picture the elephants in the circus about to sit on a giant barrel.. or how horses pul them selves up.. Another example that you may find in colser environments are how dogs get up and beg. The staying and begging is something else. But notice HOW they get to the action? Kind of like us throwing out legs as we purge into a handstand.

Don't know if this was the type of answers you were asking for. I hope it can give you an idea of some other options.

One little thing that disturbes me in the post is the nails of the creature. I wish you had left parts like that one more to be handled with texturing. There a few other minor parts such.. but non that are out in the open. Even such the texturing and the covering up by the slaves shall really do their thing.
I believe that you have a VERY strong composition here. And I understand why you are doing your best to have the elements get a natural pose into it. I think you are really on the right track. Nothing is forced here it is all naturally laying on grounds you preset.

Good luck!:thumbsup:

Black

alexfalchi
05-01-2005, 03:00 AM
Damir...very well done mate!!...strong work..I really like the characters friend..have you some animation of this??

very well done friend:thumbsup:

goktugg
05-01-2005, 03:32 AM
amazing*very well character poses...super models!..all details look so much good!...additionally *nice cam angle
going better!:)

AIR
05-01-2005, 09:25 AM
goktug,,thx,glad u like it.

alexfalchi,hi man,,nice to see you arround.I seen your work,,U already finished,,before me lyes lots to be done.seeya alex :thumbsup:

BlackDidThis,it's allways extraordinary pleassure to come across your crit inside my thread,seriously.I see your point.I agree with master,,I'l probabaly leave it stand like this till I pose few closer interacting servants.Thats why I havent rendered the strap,cos I dont have clear idea
which servant is hanging on it.But I think I'm lowering his visible left leg down,,like there is actually something hangin from it.
And for the beast,,Also know what u'r going for,,but Im afraid I dont have much time left to get in it so studiosly as you do...If I get time in the end ,After i pose all the servants,,,if they get in the way,i could move them in some maybe more natural position..
And in the end,,CG guys wrote that " First and foremost, submitted images will be judged on
the strength of their emotive and story elements, with technical
excellence being the second criteria"not much of excuse but.....
Anyway,Im happy to hear souch honnest opinion,truely,means lot to me..seya BLACKDIDTHIS :thumbsup:

Virtuoso
05-01-2005, 09:35 AM
Well......Black really hit things nicely on the nail damir.......I think these are things that you can do quite easly actually,really minor tweaks when thinking of the overall job........very good suggestions........ I can only add that I think you have put together quite a nice entry.....A full scene of drama and done in a real nice higher level of quality.....Very good job,and real nice to see grow with time......I will certanly be here for the next steps.......Just keep things in the fastlane and running smooth......Really enjoying you're efforts here.....:arteest:

conundrum
05-01-2005, 09:44 AM
awesome work, ive only just come over and looked at your thread. great modelling especially, so detailed and interesting. it has a lot of action and sense of weight which really adds to the feeling. unfortunately i don't have anything to crit, i'm really looking forward to your final image, good luck:thumbsup:

AIR
05-01-2005, 10:56 AM
Unfortunately,,are you serious,,,that is good,,but,,while wee at the subject of critique,,ask blackdidthis,,hell tell ya couple things..There is allways a space to critique..
I think that.. :) :) :thumbsup:

AIR
05-01-2005, 11:04 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1114941852_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1114941852_large.jpg)

Another render of master and animal,,,
and earlier 3d sketch,while Im taking care of servants,,lot of job,,lot of
hand wrist work...klick,klick
seeya.

aliasali
05-01-2005, 11:10 AM
hey A I R.,look! no kidding and no flattering! this is greatttttt! how can u say that im flattering?its veeryyy cool,and im waitin for the final! it would be sooo stunning! :drool: 'Congradulations!

conundrum
05-01-2005, 12:20 PM
ok, i'm not great with critiqing the better entries, but there is some stuff that needs improving, although its really just nitpicking

i think the beast is pretty much right but the rider needs some improvement. the right hand shoulder seems to splay out a bit too much in the top angle but less in the below shot.

the right hand also seems a bit puffy, rather than coming effectively stright out of the wrist it has a large swelling on the top.

finally, he appears to have a lot of fat around his waist except when you look at his naval he has a a six pack, so i think u need to tone down the flab (love handles) on the side of his stomach so that there is some constistency.

i also still agree with my compliments in the previous post:)

AIR
05-01-2005, 01:26 PM
conundrum,,thx man,,I know thing could be better,,but with the closing day geting closer and closer each ssecond,,arrgghh.There is so many things actually bugging me,,
but I'l got to get over them if i want finish it atall.
Whatever crit I get I feel good,because,whell,I know then my work evoced something
,a reaction from viewer,reaction that made him,in this case you to stop for a sec and try to giv me advice,,this is very postitiv for me,,I dont know have I expressed it good,,as I think.
Enough filosophy,,work work......seeya

I just love your sketch,,so good color pick,,man.. :thumbsup:

alexfalchi
05-01-2005, 03:35 PM
Go Damir Go...better and better friend...keep going strong friend!! gooooood job:thumbsup:

Wandddo
05-01-2005, 04:54 PM
Hey AIR! I liked a lot of this pose in your scene, really good!:thumbsup: Man, do you really use traditional airbrush? I use and I like it:) Keep on going my friend:thumbsup:
See you man:thumbsup:

BlackDidThis
05-01-2005, 05:00 PM
Unfortunately,,are you serious,,,that is good,,but,,while wee at the subject of critique,,ask blackdidthis,,hell tell ya couple things..There is allways a space to critique..
I think that.. :) :) :thumbsup:

Okay; okay :sad:... I am shutting up now!

Well about the way you ar getting too caught up on things though the time is so short is only for the better Damir. When you come to think of it.. if you do it correctly, you can just move on to the next step without too much a worry.
Your problem how ever is that the image will so depend on your ability to put in expressions to the slaves/servents.
I personally think you have handled the main attraction (The master on his steed) very well. And the rest shall just add to it's quality as you work.

Good luck again :thumbsup:

Black

AIR
05-01-2005, 05:02 PM
Hi Wandddo,I do paint with airbrush.Started using that tehnique 3 years ago,,eversince i
allmost lost touch with plane pencils,,markers,,or brushes.It's contagious,,If you know how to use it naturally.I made lot paintings.The one Im most proud of is the serial of 18 paintings with F1 motiv.Glad u like my concept challenge stuff.

alexfalchi,,what to say,,Today I made preparations for about 10 or so servants,,need to Z brush them and then just some environment modeling,something really simple,,
seeya.

AIR
05-01-2005, 05:09 PM
I dont want to be spamer or something like that,put my thread to the top all the time answering needles stuff :) :)
But dont get it wrong,,you made best crits on my work,,I taken them most to consideration,,It's just of your studious approach,,I take any comment and subjection,but U put effort in observation and throw comments based on real stuff, your critique is the best..Now if I'm going to releigh on them or not,,That's just a matter of time we have given to us,or my capabilities to execute ones constructive crit..
Dont get offended rest of the gang,,black is the crit ruller,if there is category for critique,,I think U' the one to take it...
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BlackDidThis
05-01-2005, 05:25 PM
:blush:

Lol.. oh no.. no offence was taken. I am a bit 'Clowny' today.. I guess I thought I was being funny.
I am not sure if I deserve to be titled as highly as you recomend. It is more with the aid of the quality of your work. It is easy to point things out on.

You should be open to things, but you should also filter them through your own sences.
And Damir; I believe you are doing it in the best manner. You don't have your ears closed off... and you don't have your own personal reasonings pushed aside.

What I said in my last post (The non-clown bit) still stands... What you do from here on would only add to what you have already accomplished. I am not just saying nice things to make my crits sound pleasenter, they are well deserved!:thumbsup:

Black

venum
05-01-2005, 06:40 PM
:thumbsup: AIr, The posing of the beast is really nice, but I've got some problem with the master. I think a lot of people comment the left arm of the master. the position of the hand look weird, because we con feel the twist on the forearm. BlackDidThis did a lot of interesting comment. You're not too far.
good luck, you need to texture and light as well.

AIR
05-01-2005, 10:37 PM
Venum,,please dont remind me on texturing,,I'l have nightmares tonight.As I said earlier,,
its far from perfection,,but i trying to do my best.Thx venum.

Black,,,Seeya pal.. :D

aBlackEgg
05-01-2005, 10:41 PM
Great creature - just love those two cornes on his nose - looks real
Your 3d sketch is great it already gives the feel and on the other hand it could stand on its own - its a great graphic composition
Good luck

AIR
05-02-2005, 08:29 AM
aBlackEgg,,thx for compliments pal!!!U belgian guys are one dangerous crew. :) :)
Along with jean claude van damme,,kicking ass :) :)

eddieellis
05-02-2005, 10:20 AM
looking sweet my friend... keep it up :thumbsup:

AIR
05-02-2005, 11:11 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1115028676_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1115028676_large.jpg)

Hi..this is about the thing im going for.
there is bunch of servants attacking master,,trying to pull him down.
The model of single body was riged,and then posed in each of theese servant.
servants are now getting treetment in Z brush.Il try to create variety of body proportions,,so that I break cloning
synthetic appearance.
The image is marked,framed is a better expresion,cos I
started thinking of making whole concept
concetrating on the masters downfall.
Servants are taking him down,,to make it center of atention,,need to lower leg of master,and few servants have grabbed his leg and parts of dressing in order to throw him of the animal..
I my self prefer this kind of scene,,I actually dont like things posed and photographed like on the silver plate.
Like those photographs of real events,and not the fashion designer catalogue,
some concepts here in cg are demanding that kind of interpretation,,but i think my can work like something real,,cos its lot of movement involved if we could play animation of this scene
I like dynamic action shots..
So I ask U guys for OPINION,,BLACK,,help,,anybody,???
Im sending unmarked image aswell.

AIR
05-02-2005, 11:15 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1115028936_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1115028936_large.jpg)

Here is unmarked image with headless servants runing arround,,
Heads will come separatly!!

Virtuoso
05-02-2005, 11:26 AM
Thats a wild bunch damir.......without heads very creepy,.......early to say now....but you could give the left side another servant attacking to better balance the attack.......it's early,i know you have you're own plans already........lots to do.but you got it going very nicely......Keep working hard as you are.....we will get to that finishline somehow......;) :arteest:

Lemog
05-02-2005, 11:32 AM
I'm really okay with Michael's advice... that will be better with more guys at the other side, not too much... but with some guys at left, just cutting by the left border oy your framing certainly give more dynamic at your scene...

and if you need more guys... I send you some Humano-IDs...

...but you will need to nourished them before :scream: hahahaha

AIR
05-02-2005, 11:38 AM
THX LEMOG,,My pc is having hard time with this scene,If Cg prohibited post effects and post tweakery,,My stuff would render to the judgment day(end of the known world) :) :)
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
What do you think of framing final image like one from above..?

Virtuoso
05-02-2005, 11:42 AM
I'm really okay with Michael's advice... that will be better with more guys at the other side, not too much... but with some guys at left, just cutting by the left border oy your framing certainly give more dynamic at your scene...

and if you need more guys... I send you some Humano-IDs...

...but you will need to nourished them before :scream: hahahaha

.......I'll take a couple human id's...please Lolo....make them pretty ones.....;) :arteest:

(o)ne
05-02-2005, 11:47 AM
The scene it building in a really fine way :) I like that..but, yes, more servants to the left! waiting for updates.

Lemog
05-02-2005, 12:03 PM
I like framing you propose... large or close can be 2 goods solutions...
Large give a imposing scene... and you have some space around the subject... a visible foreground and background give visible this feeling...
More close give us something stronger, powerfull and suffocating... near of these servants... with the impression to feel their anger and their perspiration...
You can transmit different feeling with your subject... You must do a choice... the first way need certainly more work than the second... :)

But it's only my advice... you're the master :thumbsup:

3dRaven
05-02-2005, 02:31 PM
Realy like where this is going A I R :thumbsup: The servants need some tweaks but they look promising. Nice dynamic poses, just tweak their shoulders a bit and they'll be fine :)

With them hedless It sorta reminds me of serious sam :twisted:

AIR
05-02-2005, 03:26 PM
Virtuoso,,Thx,hopefouly we will pal.What about your stuff,I dont go to your thread since it's allways the same old post,,,cmon,,Ur doing behind scenes,,and then surprisal attack.
Waiting inpatiently. :) :thumbsup: Yeah,the balancing idea is good,,thought about it,,and took the advice,,il mirror atleest two servants behind the one already there.

(o)ne,,two opinions on the same subject,,defenitly need that change. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Lemog,,As you said,,I'm he master in the end,,like that thought..il think about it more as we go on towards 18-th may,,sooo close bbbrrgghhhh... :thumbsup:

3dRaven,,I'd like I could listen to your advice on tweaking servants,,then i'd spare myself of lot's to become in Z.. :thumbsup:
Never played the game,hear'd about it but never actually played.
Got to jump to see your cats progressing.. :thumbsup:

Seeya people'z

BlackDidThis
05-02-2005, 03:46 PM
Hello A I R

I actually likeed the cut-off... it is very statueasque and monumentish.
But the part that you yourself stated is actually what gets me to wonder. Cause it does only concnetrate on one side of the story.

I did like how ever the amount of background you had built up.
What I would say is show the efforts for the older composition, but by watching out for a few changes... but start with making sure that you have completed elements you would need to have the newly inroduced composition completed.

Boy that was a bit messy wasn't it?

Well look on your wider settings you would really need to move things to the left.. even by risking cutting off the servant at the fat left only to have his hands vivid; or infact even removing him. sort of like to hint his fall unless the motion of our eye wouldn't have kept it up.
And also you have a large element and then a pyramid it is built up onto.. with elements getting predictably smaller and more busier down to the legs. I would say that when you introduce elements such as cloths or ropes tangeling between them you can sort of control this passage a bit more radically. Another thing that would fit very nicely is another large element on the far right side that would give two weight points in the total... but the one one the left in a stressed tage. The injured boy would be a good one at this point.

But there is alot of work to do and the last composition you have proposed handles itself completely and definately will be taking less from your time to create.
I would say go for completeing the last version first... then judge to yourself if you can make it with the rest of the scene.
This could sort of help you with having a complete entry at any rate.

Oh boy there I go to my "type alot" reputatin again!

Black

alexfalchi
05-02-2005, 03:48 PM
Nice composition my friend...I really like it!!:thumbsup:

nebezial
05-02-2005, 03:56 PM
woow headless horseman has been busy:D oy, now who has an updateing fetish... MWAHAHAHA, work it man, lookin good

AIR
05-02-2005, 04:00 PM
Theese Comments are souch refreshment,like reading interessting column in good newspaper.
Man U'r the best critician in the cg,,I said it once,,and I'l say it countless times more..
Il try to calculate the possibilities,time,everything into equasion and try offer best solution,,I might go wrong but,,this is my first challenge of any kind,,not much of excuse,,but there it goes.
This crits are to be copypasted into folder with all images and related stuff.
I might even use them fore my demo real in near future,,if that's ok. :) :) :thumbsup:
seeya

AIR
05-02-2005, 04:06 PM
nebezial
alexfalchi I missed you guys by a sec,,sorry,,thx alex..
Nebezial,,stop it,,Il tell moma,,U excuse for a girl. :) :)
Ok,I pasted this image forward,so U guys know what im talking about,considering framing composition,changin point of view and stuff.We'l see.
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1115028676_large.jpg

vegass
05-02-2005, 04:13 PM
It looks damn cool man ! :thumbsup:

GabrielW
05-02-2005, 05:13 PM
hie hie hie AIR realy nice. i will looking for your next updates!!:)

aliasali
05-02-2005, 05:57 PM
heey,that crowd is excelent,this is so clear and has a great impression,A I R! keep it up friend!:thumbsup:

cjewell
05-02-2005, 08:12 PM
Sweet render. I can't wait to see this puppy textured!

Best of luck!

AIR
05-02-2005, 08:49 PM
vegass,,Thx for kicking a comment pal,,seeya arround man..thumbsup:

GabrielW,,Be here in a day or so,,for new stuff :) :)

Madlight_1988,,man thanx for souch postive Vibrations sended this direction.. :) :)

cjewell_01 i hope to texture this puppy in a level i manage to model it :) :)

THX,,and seeya

BlackDidThis
05-02-2005, 10:32 PM
This crits are to be copypasted into folder with all images and related stuff.
I might even use them fore my demo real in near future,,if that's ok. :) :) :thumbsup:
seeyaYou can even use them as your own for some one elses project if you see that it will prove helpful to them :)

Gosh thank you Damir... But seriously don't over rate me this often.

In the last cut off.. you might like to ad the horns of the the beast to be in the view actually.
Infact if your composition would even be able to allow you to put a great amount of empty space above it. To sort of like have it's top border touch the top of the canvas in the manner you presented it here.

Would that fit your taste?

Black

atra
05-02-2005, 10:51 PM
Nice crowd, boy! :)

You showed (even if there are no heads there) many emotions... I guess I didn't see such good body language for a long time :eek:
Very well done!

Svaka cast! :)

leho
05-02-2005, 10:56 PM
so far it's awesome man. i like your models. they make me wanna own zbrush :P

pierrebixquert
05-02-2005, 11:30 PM
Hello AIR:thumbsup:

good work,:) I like the composition, the personages, really I
believe that you have a good work:scream: , although what but I like is the
movement of your image, I believe that it is best the much luck.

AIR
05-02-2005, 11:45 PM
Berter Akyol,a.k.a. black,dude,,this is not over rating,I can just add recomendation to your
what is the word,,modesty i think.
I'd never do souch ting ,,proclame something else as my own stuff,,that's pathetic.
I could just say,,I can do it this way,,I own this guys quality,but to ip somebody elses thoughts and efforts to be mine,,big NONONONO.
Il probabaly do the quote,,"CGTALK critician B.Alkyol say's,,that is the masterpiece of modern.... :) :) :) :) Seeya black,,The more I read you more I think you are great guy.
Im not kissing asses :) :)
I want to giv souch good crit to people,
But im just still inexpirienced critician,,still got to learn to be able to throw constructive advices,which makes me wonder black,,U'r somekind master of 3D..
As for the sugestions,,Il think about it when I set characters in something what could be called final pose.

atra,,I see u made beard girl,,nice stuff ,,what did U do.where,what,when,how.:thumbsup:

leho,thx for kicking in.
pierre_bixquer,,Thank u to.I hope to keep things go like this to the very end.

jo_3d
05-03-2005, 12:00 AM
Hi AIR I just been looking through your progress, fantastic work, it's great I especailly like the composition, the line of action flowing from the bottom, right and working up to the master and monsters head, awesome.

Where is the master looking though? Keep up the intense emotion, remember, the judges are looking for that emotional connection between master and servent. Great work!

AIR
05-03-2005, 12:06 AM
jo_3d,,thx fro this well putted crit.The master,,he looks into servants,,but with lots
of contempt,,U know,,like from above,but ther is bit of fear in this expression too.his head is directioned in front of him but eyes are pearcing servants.
Seeya man.

atra
05-03-2005, 12:06 AM
hmmm... magic -and a very good plugin ;)

AIR
05-03-2005, 12:09 AM
I wanna get my hands on ornatrix,,to try it out,,man,,i so dont wanna jump on maya,;) and learn things from skratch,,but maybe its inevidable.. :) :) :)

arLutiK
05-03-2005, 04:10 AM
Damir, wow.

Very cool compo I was wondering where you were going with your image but now that you put all those peole around I get it, very cool work.

patina
05-03-2005, 06:50 AM
Hi Damir , nice composition, and concept, when rigging it helps to use
the weights tool to lose deformation on the model, use smooth bind

look forward to the final image,

Patina

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=231985

Maxter
05-03-2005, 07:30 AM
fantastic composition AIR :applause: ... i see somes deformations on servants...
nice update:thumbsup:

MichaelMlynek
05-03-2005, 08:09 AM
Looking great! cant wait to see it all textured!

AIR
05-03-2005, 09:03 AM
raid..Me too.Texturing giv's me shivers :) :)

Maxter,,thx maxter, ... i see somes deformations on servants...
Yeah,,They would be goners after Z tweaks.

patina,,thx for advice,,Il save the tip to my harddrive for later.There is so much tings to learn,,oh fellah.. :) :)

arlutik,im glad u to like it.. :)
see ya guys.see ya sooon

ilusiondigital
05-03-2005, 09:05 AM
Damir, mete, you are doing a impressive work (love your render with noise).

AIR
05-03-2005, 10:01 AM
THX ilusiondigital...Im inpatience to start texturing stuff,,but afraid at the same time.
I think i did what I wanted with my first challenge.Everything that happens after this is SF
man. :) :) :thumbsup:

Versiden
05-03-2005, 10:09 AM
looking great man.. that's a rather interesting approach to put the heads on later...

my only crit is the deformations on the servant hip leg area.. otherwise great!

Lemog
05-03-2005, 10:16 AM
Im inpatience to start texturing stuff,,
Me too Damir :scream:

Don't be afraid... cause now, you don't have any time to be afraid :D

AIR
05-03-2005, 11:39 AM
Lemog..U got that wright pal :) :)

Versiden,,Yeah man,,Im a newcomer so,,I first build windows and than walls :) :)
The servants are not finished,,they are there just for placing and posing,,the new breed is coming shortly. :)

seeya..

venum
05-03-2005, 12:29 PM
:beer:Hey Air!

You work a lot this weekend! You did well. the new framing is way interesting. On my opinion the feeling of oppresion is way better. the drama is present. You're looking for the perfection you're right.
:p

AIR
05-03-2005, 05:36 PM
THX venum,Im in twilight zone with this new framing,I'd like to put the father and son,,since I think they bringing lot to the emotive part of the image,,cos in the end that's all that started this drama with masters execution.Dont know how to play smart on this one..
I'l just work and see where it leads me..seeya venum.. :thumbsup:

alexfalchi
05-04-2005, 10:32 AM
Come on I whant to see more!:thumbsup:

AIR
05-04-2005, 08:49 PM
Hi Alex,,Im sending progress update tomorrow morning i think.
So untill,,have a nice time.. :beer:

3dRaven
05-04-2005, 09:02 PM
We'll have to wait till tomorrow morning then :)

Kenzor
05-05-2005, 12:55 AM
Wow.

A really dynamic image :applause:

IMO the close up frame is a little too tight

..And again wow :eek:

keetmun
05-05-2005, 02:23 AM
Hey nice poses you got! Really interested to see how yours turns out. A pity I couldn't drop in as often to see your process.

Cheers anyhow!
:buttrock:

nebezial
05-05-2005, 09:33 AM
aaah dont worry man... there is like five days left so ull make it, no prob

AIR
05-05-2005, 11:07 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1115287651_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1115287651_large.jpg)

OK,,this is tweaked servant.
I got all servants prepared for posing into final image.Still need to model ground .
I posed the riged version with really pathetic envelope skin stuff.
Then I put model in Z and did
finer modeling.This is both,before and after.
It is not so good as it could be.
But due to a time shortage and
everything else,i must hurry.
I'l try to make compromise between
finishing it in time and making it look
descent.By the end of the week i must finish all modeling involved stuff.It leaves me like 7 days to put some textures together.Rest I'l spend on
post processing.
Hope to make it.Im ahead for burning some brain cells.
seeya.

alexfalchi
05-05-2005, 12:31 PM
Damir mate very expressive pose..I really like it, good job my friend!!:thumbsup:

Alex.

leho
05-05-2005, 12:58 PM
the servants you have modelled look really stunted and thats cool. it leaves kind of a freaky effect (Y)

aliasali
05-05-2005, 12:58 PM
heyhey,These poses are so impressive! would turn out well in Final Render! keep it up,friend!:thumbsup:

(o)ne
05-05-2005, 01:03 PM
yes, looks fine, keep it up, my friend :thumbsup:

DaddyMack
05-05-2005, 01:39 PM
Wow Air, all this stuff is just awesome man! Your beast is killer and all the human folk are great works mate! Tictoc...Good luck!

AIR
05-05-2005, 06:54 PM
U Guys :D

alexfalchi,,Man,,This is rewarding,the nice comments I get from U,honestly.thx alex.
I hope to bring more fun to U guys.. :)

leho,Im glad U to have nice words for me. :)

Madlight_1988,Your profesor turns really nice.I must jump to your thread,wonder have you made your robot,,cos in the sketch was incredible. :)

(o)ne,My friend,I'l keep it,you got that strait.I took 10 days free from work and now
Im diging into this with all my might.

DaddyMack.Luck will be a factor here to,,but I'l work hard so it does not turn out to be the main factor afterall. :)

Seeya my CG crew.THX

leho
05-05-2005, 07:05 PM
U Guys :D

leho,Im glad U to have nice words for me. :)

i meant it in a good way. they look like twisted, like retarded slaves. at least i see them like that. and that really shows how they've been tortured:sad:

AIR
05-05-2005, 08:33 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1115321603_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1115321603_large.jpg)

HI people'z,This is my last post.
Last one untill I have all servants in place with theyr chains arround necks,and other things related.
That should happen tomorrow.
I called this one throw in,cos whenn I worked on him I looked for pics of soccer players doing throw in,did not find them,,but made the servant afterall.
He is throwing in a stone :),in masters
head.
Ok,,till next post,I see you guys than!

vegass
05-05-2005, 08:50 PM
Poz Damire

Looks great, every single update looks cool man !

Bit ce nesto od ovoga, vidim ja... ;)

Diogo
05-05-2005, 10:51 PM
Amazing Work!

atra
05-05-2005, 10:59 PM
Ej Damire, ovaj ti je dobar.

Aj da vidim i tu poslednju verziju, pa da odustanem :D
Stvarno su super ovi ljudi.... a mene nesto mrziiiii.... valjda ce da me prodje kad mi prodje glava... ;)

Jos jedno pitanjce, jel im teksture bese radis u Zbrush? (mislim vene i strukturu koze i sl.)

AIR
05-05-2005, 11:18 PM
vegass..Hey bro,,Nice from U to drop by and see the action.I'm ahead of a life time battle with time and quantity of things to be done..Seeya. :thumbsup:

Diogo,apreciatte visit man.Hope to see your thing finished based on that nice sketch.
I liked death guy.Could end up quite nice work!!! :thumbsup:

atra,Bok maja.Ide tebi sa onom bradom,,kada se prisjetis kako si krenula sa prvom bradom i brkima,,pogle' sada.SJAJNO.
Hvala na nice comments.Prolazno je to s glavom..NO sikiriki gerla.Sve je za pet.
AAAAAAAANNNDD AALLWAAAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE TA-TAM TARA TARA TARAM,ALLWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE,,COS LIFE'S PIECE OF S....T WHEN YOU LOOK AT IT.....and so on.. :) :) :) great monthy python's.

Veins are done in Z,skin will be made in max as bump and difusse tex map.

Good night good people'z,PEACE. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

alexfalchi
05-05-2005, 11:20 PM
Last update very good mate!! go go friend keep it strong!!:thumbsup:

Alex.

BlackDidThis
05-05-2005, 11:41 PM
...I'd never do souch ting ,,proclame something else as my own stuff,,that's pathetic....I would have expected nothing less :)
...which makes me wonder black,,U'r somekind master of 3D.. Is that a question? If it is... well why ask something you already know how I am going to answer? :)

Your thread is adding more and more to it's impressiveness. Your works are really displaying alot of talent through out... It seems that I have missed some bit of updates in the meanwhile..

I have to say that I especially love your second slave post. The exprtession the rage and anger is all over him! VERY impressive.The same thing definately goes for the other two slaves in the earlier post.
This is not a crit but more a little note:
Damir, your shot cam is sort of locked and everything is set on which angle you are going to be diplaying your entry. And as far as I see it, these guys don't apear from the front revealing their faces....
I definately preffer that you detail it all and show it off. But all that work is going to be sort of left aside when you think of it. In my workflow I usually keep the detailing to the last moment and instead prepare the best topology I can for the figures and pose them.
When the modeling is good enough the detailing doesn't take as long as it would had I personally gone one by one.

The work on the slaves is SO good I am more than sure you will have use for this work other than the render you are going to be giving in. When the quality is at this level; it is very hard to turn your back onto :thumbsup:

Black

atra
05-06-2005, 12:08 AM
Eh, kad vidim onu prvu bradu, dodje mi da se pokrijem usima i da cutim :)

python's su bre cool i tu nema komentara :)

Lemog
05-06-2005, 07:18 AM
Impressive work Damir... I have no words to describe what I feel... maybe magical no ?
I'm waiting updates... pleasure of our eyes... and our mind for sure :thumbsup:

nebezial
05-06-2005, 08:25 AM
oy man is that robert englund modelled, seriously after the contest u can use this model and make freddy.... U ARE ALL MY CHILDREN.... ajme odmah se sjetim jakova u srednjoj

AIR
05-06-2005, 08:39 AM
alexfalchi,,nothing to comment,The go is goal pal.seeya.Glad U enjoy with me.

BlackDidThis,,hahaha..As for the question are you a master of 3D,,U know i though U own
somekind 3D studio,and U'r here like scout,,looking for talents to work for You,like in a baseball,and football. :) :) Talking gibberish,dont mind me,just happy whenever I see your post here,,that's all...seeya :thumbsup:

atra,,jesu,nema komentara na tu ekipu.

Lemog,,Hi Lemog,,I'm glad to se you here.
I want to tell you,I'm afraid to open your thread lately,cos i see somekind envronment stuff,atmosphere,,realism coming from all sides.
Im afraid if I see it I'l go into deep depresion,Like when am I going to be good like this,NEVER. :)
But the inpatience and curiosity grows whit in me as I write this and think of those small thumbs....brrrrrrrr,,,seeya :thumbsup:

nebezial,,,Hahahahaha,TOOO.BTW,Do you know Jake is coming in 15 days or so,,He gotta take care of operation,The guys in USA are to expensive.SEEEYA STiVO :thumbsup:

Lemog
05-06-2005, 08:45 AM
Lemog,,Hi Lemog,,I'm glad to se you here.
I want to tell you,I'm afraid to open your thread lately,cos i see somekind envronment stuff,atmosphere,,realism coming from all sides.
Im afraid if I see it I'l go into deep depresion,Like when am I going to be good like this,NEVER. :)
But the inpatience and curiosity grows whit in me as I write this and think of those small thumbs....brrrrrrrr,,,seeya :thumbsup:
Don't be afraid... your project is very impressive for me... You're so good you know... I know your final way will be great... but don't slow down now... go go go Damir :bounce:

nebezial
05-06-2005, 08:54 AM
kakvu operaciju???

AIR
05-06-2005, 08:58 AM
THX for encouragment Lemog.

Stivn,,da ne dilute forum with irelevant stuff,giv us a call....

Rémy Malin
05-06-2005, 12:10 PM
Hi ! Really great! you're an artist. Good luck for you!

aliasali
05-06-2005, 01:30 PM
heyhey,another cool pose! great! but ithing his neck should move a little backward..
coooool:bounce:

mosconariz
05-06-2005, 05:06 PM
Maybe you should make this in copper and out it in front of a great palace!
This are the kind of artistic aproaches of CG that explotes completely the possibilities of 3D composition, balance, anathomy... A very classic styled design, gorgeous!

AIR
05-06-2005, 05:53 PM
THX guys!!

Rémy Malin..a new eyes touched my thread.seeya pal.

Madlight_1988,,man,U wright in a way,But there is also a lot distorted proportion due to the
strong perespective view.

mosconariz.This is another golden critique dedicated to my work,makes me happy to hear souch things,honestly. :thumbsup:

seeya soon,TO BE CONTINUED!

NOOB!
05-06-2005, 06:57 PM
hey i dunno nuthin bout 3d,but i've heard the name AIR mentioned about six hundred times in the 2d forum,so thought i'd drop be to tell u ur work f**king sucks u moron,anyone cud do better than this disgrace.

hahaha i kid u,great work!! i'll keep an eye out.

atra
05-06-2005, 07:46 PM
Hajde decko, daj jos nesto da gledamo :)

3dRaven
05-06-2005, 07:55 PM
Damir good modeling, but I'd work on the stomach a bit more it seems a bit chaotic at the moment.

I guess he'd get a red card for sure :thumbsup:

BlackDidThis
05-06-2005, 08:40 PM
...U know i though U own
somekind 3D studio,and U'r here like scout,,looking for talents to work for You,like in a baseball,and football. :) :) Talking gibberish,dont mind me,just happy whenever I see your post here,,that's all...
Lol, how better can a compliment get? :)
There was a time some one had thought me to be Alex (Alvarez) under a secret name.. I can't tell you how flattering these are... thank you!

Let me put it this way then... I find myself far from being a master yet. And if I had a studio with enough capacity to do a search such, you would already be the talent I would have discovered :)

Hope it's all going well there! :thumbsup:

Black

pigwater
05-06-2005, 09:12 PM
great stuff AIR ... this thing has far surpassed expectations and it keeps on growing ... really nice stuff :thumbsup:

AIR
05-06-2005, 11:04 PM
NOOB!.HAHAHAHA,hey man.Stivn talk u into this,,didn he.U guys.
I'v seen your stuff to,did not comment it yet.
But as I see you holding pretty good.Stivn says lots of nice things about you.
Thx for kicking in.I'l kick ya back. :thumbsup:

atra,Bice bice,,samo pomalo. :)

3dRaven,,Yeah,if you could spin this models,you could find more messy things,luckaly you can't. :) :) The red card.He would probabaly be disqualified for good.

BlackDidThis,Now you flatter me man.Stop it you. :) :) :)
See ya man. :thumbsup:

pigwater.You came by in begining ambitious piece you have here .. i could be fabulous if it don't break you r computer .. looking forward to seing how you develop this:thumbsup: Now were here,Hope to continue like this,even faster.seeya pal.

Virtuoso
05-06-2005, 11:10 PM
Hi Damir.......I can see the pain and suffering very well in the faces and poses of the servants......Nice touch and well executed.......Keep this up as you have done thus far,very well done and interesting,a real nice entry to follow,and one I hope to see get those well deserved final touches......Work well and hard.......I'll be watching......:arteest:

JRBRAZ
05-07-2005, 02:23 AM
Great modeling. The character is really good. :thumbsup:

I´m waiting the next update :bounce:

AIR
05-07-2005, 02:57 PM
Virtuoso,,THX for visit.Things kinda not interssing when U'r not posting.
People are in great expectation.Dont keep us in suspence more. :)

JR.BRAZ,hi pal.nice to see new faces arround.
Next update should have been posted,but my pc throws a knife to my back.
Its going to be hard to pose entire composition to one final.Not enough power captain.
seeya soon,FEW HOURS,GIV IT OR TAKE. :thumbsup:

AIR
05-09-2005, 12:30 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1115595014_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1115595014_large.jpg)

Hi everyone.
I really gonet rough big troubles
trying to render entire composition.
One day later,when I realised it's not possible with my machine,I did it in 3 parts separatly.
This is just quick test of how it is going to look in the end.But still missing the old father and son character.
I must rush onto environment and texturing.God help me.
Probabaly wont be posting as often I have in past,few days left,,brrrrghhhh.
Seeya people'z.

IlCattivo
05-09-2005, 12:34 AM
I'm stunned, so cool image. The guy with the rock kicks ass!

Lemog
05-09-2005, 07:19 AM
Amazing test mate... really impressive... just one remark concerning the master, ans more especially his left arm... that's very disturbing to see it in the camera axis... it seem short and deformed... certainly you can give it an another pose... that will be better...
Good courage Damir... end is near... then, run guy :scream:

NEWT#
05-09-2005, 07:32 AM
:thumbsup: Nice work :thumbsup: ... reluctant servant, hehe. Whats that guy doing with a stone?
You sure no animals were hurt in making of this CG image? Better replace it with a rope or whip or something?

Yours truly

pejot
05-09-2005, 08:02 AM
Attack of the clones? :)

This is fantastic! There is soooo much expression in this concept.
The composition and point of view are great.
Please, don't kill it with candy colors.

AIR
05-09-2005, 09:41 AM
THX for rep guys.
Il Cattivo,,the guy with rock,yeah,one of my fav's

Lemog..Man..the end is so near my pants shake.
I dont know about the arm,,I mean,I see it too,it could defenitly be better,But considering my pc,,dont know if I have enough time and nerves to fight this problem.Since every next move I make takes time.The more Im approaching to the end the more slower my macine is,,VERY FRUSRATING :hmm: ...

NEWT#Hi man,,hvala na posjetu.Vidimo see :)

pejot.Hahaha I hope not ruing it with pinky stuff.Barbie style whatch out. :) :thumbsup:

Lemog
05-09-2005, 10:03 AM
Lemog..Man..the end is so near my pants shake.
I dont know about the arm,,I mean,I see it too,it could defenitly be better,But considering my pc,,dont know if I have enough time and nerves to fight this problem.Since every next move I make takes time.The more Im approaching to the end the more slower my macine is,,VERY FRUSRATING :hmm: ...
I send you an extra power boost... and then, you find the force to go to your final goal... :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Do it for you, and also for us all, who following your impressive work... go :thumbsup:

leho
05-09-2005, 10:09 AM
twisted, really. thats awesome dude. good luck with texturing, that's gonna be really not-cool work :D

(o)ne
05-09-2005, 11:51 AM
I'm impressed by your posing work.. :thumbsup: waiting for the textures. Agree with Lemog about masters hands.

AIR
05-09-2005, 11:58 AM
Lemog,,THX pal..

leho..Yeah,,thats for shure.

(o)ne..You not the only one thats wright,,Every other see this hand.
I should think about it.thx,seeya.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

alexfalchi
05-09-2005, 12:18 PM
my friend..impressive update!! I really like this..nice compositing!! keep strong.:thumbsup:

Alex.

smaddl
05-09-2005, 01:08 PM
great dynamic composition. looking for updates. keep going :thumbsup:

Diogo
05-09-2005, 01:29 PM
the movement and action of your last render is fantastic.

great! :applause:

DimitrisLiatsos
05-09-2005, 01:46 PM
VEEEEEEERY NICE ..........,:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bounce:

JRBRAZ
05-09-2005, 03:15 PM
Cool update. Is good too see the all modeling done. Great poses in characters :applause:

I know, this is a test, but beware in the final render, with the black line in contour of all characters ...

Just my 2 cents ... the pose of the master´s arm is a lill strange, because at the first view is looking like he don´t have forearm and hand .. I think, just a rotation in the joint could improve the pose ... :)

R-K
05-09-2005, 03:23 PM
I know nothing about 3d, but I still know this is one of the most awesome works I've seen in this challenge

AIR
05-09-2005, 04:19 PM
OK,,thx

Ranath,,check dimittris,,krishnamurti,lemog,hedstrom,virtuoso,,,and all other genuine 3d artist for aewsome works. :) :) :)

JR.BRAZ...I know my pal.It started buging me too.I did corections,,now i think it's more acceptable.Ul see it in next post or something like that. :)

DimitrisLiatsos.Hi dimitri.Your's is VEERY NICE,My is just nice. :) :)

Diogo.THx friend. :D

smaddl..thank you too. :)

alexfalchi.PAL.The biggest viewer and supporter of my thread. :)

People'z.I came by,FEED my self on this more than nice comments.And now,with recharged spirit,I'l dive back into my texturing nightmares and fighting slow graphic card,low memory thing and other pain in the ass little things.
THX Again,seeya soon.

mecman
05-09-2005, 05:25 PM
:eek: FANTASTIC update my friend!! the motion and the poses are amazing!!
I agree with lemog about the arm!
Keep it up man! its becoming fantastic!

AIR
05-09-2005, 08:09 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1115665758_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1115665758_large.jpg)

Hi.
I have textured master.Need to tweak few details to finish it.
I choose this way of texturing.
I was thinking of final image,and I think I want to go for soft cg look.
No time to make good skin textures.
Even less time to unwrap it nicely.
SOO..
The hand is repaired,although it's not the same viewpoint but it's lot better now,i think,thx to you guys,u made me do it.

Kylebrn
05-09-2005, 08:17 PM
Hey man! Stop with the quickie texture job!:argh: You gots lots of well done modeling here,a good looking piece of modeling.It's all ruined if you do some halfway texturing to them.Whats the use of finishing this than?With a halfway good texture job you aint going anywhere challenge wise? I mean in the placing and all.
Just do it correct,you can probably finish still.If not it would be better for ya to finish after the challenge with another week of proper textures.If you do it this way your work is gonna be just good,instead of very good with more time and attention.
Anyways that my 2 cents.Like your stuff,just want to see it finished right,those textures hurt the rest,wish you the best none the less.Good stuff,just take your time with those textures.

JRBRAZ
05-09-2005, 08:19 PM
Good work on textures. The new arm position is better now. But you don´t rotate the forearm together the hand, and now its looking the wirst are broken ... hehehe
For you don´t need to change the modeling, or fix the skin, I think is more easy input less rotation in the left hand ... ;)

venum
05-09-2005, 08:28 PM
:scream: You did a massive work this weekend.
It's a really impressive scene you made. So much, character, nice posing, great modeling, great details.
It's a pleasure to see the differents step.

AIR
05-09-2005, 08:33 PM
Kylebrn,HAHAHA.Yeah,that was my doubt,to finish it in time or delay and make it look good.
But i think most of the texturing flaws will be degraded after postprocessing.
I have all the time in the world to come back on this model and refresh it with better texturing job.But as I have mentioned,Im still learning do quality textures,so if I go forcing the textures now,I think this entire challenge and this image would remain as a bad memory.
I'l learn to texture trough time.This particular image with master textured needs few tweaks,for expl. belts are going to look closer to the jacket.The dress symbol is not there to stay for shure,,unless somebody says otherwise.

JR.BRAZ As for the wrist,now its beyond my perception,before I saw what u guys was going for.
Now I think it's ok,from the camera point of view.
Any comment is most welcome.This is why we're here about afterall.
Seeya people'z
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

3dRaven
05-09-2005, 08:35 PM
The masters lookin mighty fine with textures..the hand looks good now :) I'd narrow down his skin specular a bit. Getting some nice shadows A I R :D

calisto-lynn
05-09-2005, 10:16 PM
hiya AIR!
it looks nice all an all now that u put texures on! keep up the good work! cheers!:D

hhssuu
05-09-2005, 11:09 PM
Wow nice detail in the texture, and needless to say, crazy modelling work man. Your models are very lively too, really excellent stuff.

DimitrisLiatsos
05-09-2005, 11:12 PM
I came and watched your composition about a dozen times today....vey action full image....really can't wait to see this finished :bounce: :love: :bounce:

AIR
05-10-2005, 12:59 AM
3dRaven thx man,,this gives me wings dude.

calisto,where are tou.Whats up lindach.You like this ha..Il try to get it done.

hhssuu,,man,,hx thousands times. :) :)

DimitrisLiatsos,,WOW,the king been here dozen't times.
That makes me more than happy.THX Dimitri. :thumbsup:

seeya.

nebezial
05-10-2005, 08:04 AM
hahaha... well this is an interesting turn of events, u were busy and ive been a lazy bum.. man,,looks frickin awesome. now what u need are " laaseers" on the dinos, head, lol, later man

alexfalchi
05-10-2005, 08:16 AM
Favolous character Damir...realli lovey it!!...looking very expressive my frined!!:thumbsup:

Alex.

AIR
05-10-2005, 08:48 AM
I was goin trough cg challengers threads,and whitnes lots of great compositions,characters,
backgrounds,perfect modeling,even greater texturing,and I can't affort to write long
admiring comments,and,or,helpfoul constructive crits,that i might giv to someone.
ALL THAT BECAUSE OF DARN SLOW NET CONNECTION.Sometimes I'm able to go lightspeed45kbs
at the moment im surfing 22 kbs,just for illustration. :cry:
When I get to post final,,if I make it in time,I gonna go somewhere else to do it.
So,I apologize to many fantastic threads I dont have time to(wait eternity for loading page)
giv a reply. :banghead:

nebezial,,That includes you to pal.I went to see the thumb,,Where is progress bro. :bounce:

alexfalchi,my man.I cant thank you enough for being so supportive.If I had power to teleport my self,I'd visit Italy and by you a :beer: (this icon costed allmost 30 sec.) :) :) need to stop it. :)

Seeya.

MichaelMlynek
05-10-2005, 11:11 AM
Great details on the rider!! I love it! Really Great, cant wait to see it go further....but have to do my project also.

aliasali
05-10-2005, 01:08 PM
yes! Texturin! i like this stage,they are lookin great,would like to see more! keep it up,friend...:thumbsup:

AIR
05-10-2005, 04:01 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1115737278_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1115737278_large.jpg)

HI.Texturing animal accesories now.
This is not finished yet.Need to make corections on some parts.
And heavy leathering under the saddle
needs texture.Duno what to do with it yet.
I'm thinking about the final look more and more.I would like to create image with rain.
Imagine this event going on under heavy rain curtains,water drains down the animal.I dont know it this moment,but thinking about it intensivly,
If I dont make rain,It would be dust,,lots of dust.
Seeya guys.

ilusiondigital
05-10-2005, 04:27 PM
Hey looks better with colour and accesories, goooooood

monsitj
05-10-2005, 04:36 PM
nice detail! and overall composition is great too!!

(o)ne
05-10-2005, 05:13 PM
I like it :thumbsup:

venum
05-10-2005, 05:46 PM
AIR:thumbsup:

really great work of texture.

:twisted::twisted::applause::applause:

leho
05-10-2005, 06:53 PM
whoa yeah, rain would definately be a good choise. also - lots of dust is good too. like some desert storm style dust :)

alexfalchi
05-10-2005, 07:35 PM
Nice Damir nice...very well update mate!!:thumbsup:

AIR
05-10-2005, 07:50 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1115751019_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1115751019_large.jpg)

HI there.
THX a bunch for great suport,mean BIG to me
in theese last moments of challenge.Keeps me floating kinda.
This is harnes,and saddle.
Im having second thoughts between these two colors.
Any sugestions.....

leho
05-10-2005, 08:54 PM
i like the upper right one. it's more royal or smth. looks more royal to me:thumbsup:

AIR
05-10-2005, 11:39 PM
That was my thoght too,I like the one above but also not to bad with greenish one.
But again,as you said,,the white is kinda royal master thing.I guess I'l go with that one than!
thx for opinion leho :thumbsup:

alexfalchi
05-11-2005, 12:30 AM
wow alot updates to day:)...nice friend niceeee!!:thumbsup:

venum
05-11-2005, 03:23 AM
:bounce::bounce:

great shading air! great textures! Great work!

It's difficult to choose the bottom right look more interesting, there is more color.

:buttrock::applause::D:deal:

Lemog
05-11-2005, 06:07 AM
The better choice of colors between this 2 pic is only possible when the Master will be here... without him, is not very easy to appreciate the contrast between the details, no ?
Keep the 2 versions and wait the master Damir :thumbsup:

AIR
05-11-2005, 08:09 AM
Lemog,,that makes sence here.I had that thought for glance of a sec.
THX pal.

venum.Thank U too man,U'r here from the very begining being supportive with generous thoughts and compliments,means diference to me.
I think it would not be as fun to participate without theese feedbacks and comunicado
with other people'z.

alexfalchi,Same goes for U to pal.

Off for some animal tex.I must finish it today.ANIMAL IS A MUST. :thumbsup:

pissaro
05-11-2005, 08:45 AM
Great!!! Very impressive. Nice work. Modeling, texturing, poses. Dramatic and dynamic. For now, my favourite!

AIR
05-11-2005, 11:44 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1115808274_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1115808274_large.jpg)

HI.
I'm curently working on textures for animal.
This is test render.
What do you think guys,it turns out more than helpfoul to ask for a second thought.
The color,bump,What do you think people.
nedd to texture nails,claws,,whatever.
If anybody has some specifyc idea that could upgrade this,,pleas rep me.
I dont have time to make some incrdible
realistic,live like tex.so any comment on that side is over my capabilities :)

handlebar
05-11-2005, 12:23 PM
I think the textures are looking fine , nice subtle use of colour that won't overpower the image. The modeling is awesome.

JustinLewers
05-11-2005, 12:34 PM
The beast looks cool. It might be more dramatic to have him cocking his head to the side and aiming his eye down showing him look at his aggressors. Widing his eye to show fear and of course specular highlights.

Rémy Malin
05-11-2005, 12:41 PM
beautifull beast! I want to see it when it will be finished

Versiden
05-11-2005, 01:29 PM
I think it's looking really good man!

a few suggestions, the eye area looks almost too smooth. Closer to the eye, add smaller scales, and as the scales move away, they gradually get bigger. Also pay attention to patterns around the eye, and arrange them in natural circular shape.
Do some reseach on lizzards and you'll get some great ideas..
The horns.. maybe add more dirt at the tips

Lemog
05-11-2005, 01:41 PM
Oooh Damir, you actually working hard and fast... I like the way of the beast's texture... just one detail... the green tones (especially visible at the bottom... or is due to a green light ?) appear a little bit too sweet... too much as a frog or a toad... but it's only a personal taste... the rest agree me mate... GO :bounce:

conundrum
05-11-2005, 02:13 PM
great work air, the progress is very fast, i really like your final posing. the texture on the beast is very nice and detailed, one thing i'd like to see is a bit more colour variation in the skin. he green is very overpowering and it would be nice to see some more evident colour variety. other than that its great, i really hope you finish (i'm sure you will) cause its one of my favorite entries.

venum
05-11-2005, 02:40 PM
:eek::eek:
it's a really great work. I like the the horn of the beast, the top of the body
is amazing. You should add a pecular map onto the skin, you'll have a really
nice skin.
great, great work Air
:thumbsup::wise::twisted::buttrock::applause::D:deal:

AIR
05-11-2005, 02:42 PM
conundrum,,THX for positive thoughts man,need that.As for the colour variation,,I think in final it would be a case when I put all the servants and background.
THX for constructivity. :thumbsup: im somebodys fav,,whoaa :) :)

Lemog,,Hahaha.I thought that same thing,froggy.hehehe.I think aslo in final,when I add some dust,and maybe different lights,as u said.It wont be as froggy as he is.Il try to suficate that green.If nothing in phottoshop during postpro....THX LEMOG :)

Versiden,Im glad U too making it to finish.Really nice background,,you have there,hope to make my as interesing sa U have.As for the eye scales,I TOTALLY AGREE,but the beast has the harness and stuff on her head,so It would be nothing but loss of precious time in this moments,if you know what I mean :) :) MR SHARP EYES.

Rémy Malin,,thx fordroping eye.hope to show it to you,seeya :D

JustinLewers,That was one of my whishes and ideas,to make nice eye,expressive and stuff.
But I have quit it,since animal has accesories on it's head so.Complicated to pull out.
But good thinking.Im glad to hear theese kinda comments,,that tell's me i made something worth watching :bounce: :)

handlebar,THX man.I have so many thx arround,I lost my count. :)

Gotta RUSH,plenty of work to be done.

Tremoside
05-11-2005, 02:44 PM
Hi Damir,

Your textures and models are lookin so great! Congrats man! GO GO GO for the final:bounce: :buttrock:

AIR
05-11-2005, 02:49 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1115819362_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1115819362_large.jpg)

HI again.
Im under heavy steam,like train steeming uphill.
Phiiiuuuf.
This is master together with his animal.
Maybe tweak here nad there,taking some sugestions u guys throwed at me.
Off for POSING and texturing dad and dead son.That's a today must recepy.
SEEYA,AND Countless times thx for all
comments,I said it once I say it again..
KEEPS ME FLOATING ABOVE WATER SURFACE,
which is up my neck and growing :)

Tremoside
05-11-2005, 03:03 PM
Ohhhwwa! I'm speechless now! Why? That dynamism in the pose and camera angle is....

huh...honestly...i have some backround, but this is excellent with that fat of the waiste and that facial expression. OK i wont follow polishing you but you deserve minimum a :thumbsup:

conundrum
05-11-2005, 03:28 PM
nice render, i see what you mean about the rest of the scene providing the contrast from the beast. it will be really cool if (in the final) you put some dust being swept up with the beast's legs, just to add even more dynamism.

alexfalchi
05-11-2005, 03:36 PM
wow Damir strong update....nice nice I really like it!! good work mate:thumbsup:

AIR
05-11-2005, 03:49 PM
Tremoside..Maan,dont giv me so much credit,I'l passout,loos my concience.
To get theese kinda words from somebody U admire,I mean,your image,with that guy and cigare,Im not going intentionaly to your thread cos step by step is like knife by knife,I want to be hit with samurai sword seeing final,I want to see that Final.
As for comments from U guys(tremoside,master)that's just emotional storm in my body.
OK,NOW IM TALKING LIKE A GIRL,ENOUGH.
This is a life sawing belt thrown to the drowning man. :bowdown:

conundrum,,The dust is certain.
alexfalchi.respect

I just drop down to take extra charge and off for more work..
seeya.

3dRaven
05-11-2005, 05:28 PM
Great work Damir. Have you tried different colors for the animals headgear?? Maybe something leather? I'd darken the whip a bit so it's more visible.

Your updates get better with every post my friend....keep up the great effort :thumbsup:

AIR
05-11-2005, 06:10 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1115831405_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1115831405_large.jpg)

I posted few angles of my next
assignment.
Need to get theese two char's into Z and do the tweak things.
And hopefouly get them textured.
Need to make textures of wip cuts on the fathers back,and son,,well,he is trampled by the masters animal.
Soo,this is going to be interesing to texture.
Seeya,my cg folks.

AIR
05-11-2005, 11:01 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1115848867_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1115848867_large.jpg)

HI.
I did tweaking on father and son models.
Now of for texturing.
PS,dumb me.
Im conserned,if I put blood on the father,and dead son.who has
teared led,with tissue kinda sticking out.Would that be taken as to violent and disturbing.
I really dont know.I gues it wont,since lot of images I came across have blood and death in it.Anyway,if somebody has
answer to that question,,
Seeya

AIR
05-12-2005, 12:41 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1115854887_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1115854887_large.jpg)

HI,
Im in middle of texing fater and son figures.
I posted this image deliberatly in this pose,cos,
guys who have been with me from the begining,know i made a sketch of them.
So now I found out I made it pretty simmilar to the idea i brought on sketch.
Very happy fot that.
here it is.
Seeya soon with more updates.

venum
05-12-2005, 12:45 AM
:scream:Waouh!

AIr, I'm impress by all the work you're doing for this challenge. It's amazing the amount of work. And a good one.
I like the beast. Even It's gonna be short to add some specular and durt maps on the skin, and maybe a bit of subsurface.
the saddle, the leather and the metal are brillant. And great Horn.
Amazing work of textures on the father. And you're going fast.
I like the detail on the back like the blood.

:thumbsup::twisted::deal::applause::buttrock:

AIR
05-12-2005, 12:57 AM
THX VENUM.
The back of father figure is cut by wiping from master.
I'l add it more,and on the head too.
He is sitting next to his dead son,and suffering great loss,the only thing made him going in his miserable slavery.In case somebody wondered,that's the story with theese two char's.
THX MAN :) :)

velascodearmas
05-12-2005, 05:10 AM
Great image! Great idea to reuse all those guys to make a powerful image. Seems like you did a lot of tweaking in Zbrush. I'm using it right now, it's a great program. Good luck!

Lemog
05-12-2005, 07:05 AM
You are working very hard my friend... you don't sleep until the end I think, no ? :scream:

Fast texturing but sufficient for me... considering the amount of details in your scene... we must think to the globality... latest pieces, father and son are a good idea... the cherries on the cake... I hope you finish modeling and texturing very soon...
Not remain you a lot of time... and take care to keep time for rendering, and compositing...

You have a true good power in your hands Damir... GO now :thumbsup:

AIR
05-12-2005, 07:25 AM
Lemog.Yes indeed my L. pal.
As for texturing,Well,I'm doing compromise between What I learned,which is small,and the time at hands..even smaller.I cant stop yawning.I think that's the expression,when man havent slep't enough.
But as I said.This kinda supportivity from you people keeps me atached,welded to the challenge.
And I'm not so far from being finished so.There is no other way but to finish.
Unless some greater force interwein.
I'l make up sleeping next week :) :) Im hoping Lemog,I'l have 3 clean days for rendering
and post fx.THX pal,,seeya :thumbsup:

Dvelasco----I saw your stuff,awesome,keep it up man.. :thumbsup:

AIR
05-12-2005, 07:28 AM
As for texturing,Well,I'm doing compromise between What I learned,which is small,and the time at hands..even smaller.I cant stop yawning.I think that's the expression,when man havent slep't enough.
But as I said.This kinda supportivity from you people keeps me atached,welded to the challenge.
I'l make up sleeping next week :) :) Im hoping Lemog,I'l have 3 clean days for rendering

Dvelasco_____I saw your stuff,awesome,keep it up man.. :thumbsup:

AIR
05-12-2005, 07:29 AM

Dvelasco____I saw your stuff,awesome,keep it up man.. :thumbsup:

overcontrast
05-12-2005, 07:40 AM
you sure have done a lot of works man... and yeah i like ur beast a lot and specially after its textured, very well done, but the master's hand still seems to have some problem, and i really like that father and son part.. very emotional... and u have done a good jon on the skin... love those wipe marks.... very good work... i'll be waitng to see the final image... and that is comming really soon.... good lucka and c ya.. may the force be with us all

nebezial
05-12-2005, 07:48 AM
AWWW AIR u lazy bum will u get started allrready... this is just tooo slooow:D buut i guess itll have to do

alexfalchi
05-12-2005, 08:48 AM
Amazing work Damir!!:thumbsup: have best luck my friend!!

Alex.

AIR
05-12-2005, 11:09 AM
overcontrast.THX man.Good luck to you too,and the force thing too. :thumbsup:

nebezial,Who is lazy here :D

alexfalchi,manno italiano,bongiorno alex.Gracie :)
I know a word or two :thumbsup:

3dRaven
05-12-2005, 11:15 AM
Glad you didn't get rid of the father son idea. Great modeling and texturing work on them :thumbsup:

vegass
05-12-2005, 01:07 PM
Evo ja svratih da bachim jedan comment... ;)

Nice job on modeling Damir(e), texturing looks cool too !

AIR
05-12-2005, 02:36 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1115905003_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1115905003_large.jpg)

OK.I done some job in texturing father and son characters.They still not finished,but they'l bee.
In this shot I composed previous renders of master and animal,and few servants,just to see how would it work.
I think i might slightly change camera view,or rotate animal,so its more visible from side,not too much,just tiny bit.
There is also broken teracota dish.
Need to put like small dump of water arround it.And try to make teracota looks like dryed in places,and somewhere wet.
The ground is roughly textured,I think just to go in this direction with color.
Still thinking what to put in background,and to be quick done,,maybe just some prespectiv,panoramic,whatever view of rocks and clouds,I'l see.
There is so much details to place,and so little time left.GOTTA GET TO IT!

alexfalchi
05-12-2005, 04:18 PM
Strong my friend!! really nice job Damir:thumbsup:

smaddl
05-12-2005, 05:16 PM
wow!! great work!! the father is exellent and moving :thumbsup:

(o)ne
05-12-2005, 05:33 PM
KEEP IT UP! :thumbsup:

Squibbit
05-12-2005, 05:37 PM
hey very good composition and good stuff! :thumbsup:

nebezial
05-12-2005, 08:25 PM
laaazyyy maan, hehe, u might just make it man, make that processor buuurn:thumbsup:

AIR
05-12-2005, 08:58 PM
Nebezial.I might just make it.HEHEHEHE.I'l make it,that's not negotiable.

alexfalchi,smaddl,(o)ne,Squibbit_______thx for turbo boosting me with your atention. :thumbsup:

Virtuoso
05-12-2005, 09:29 PM
Hey Damir.....hav'nt seen you around all of a sudden lately.....Well,you have come up nicely,the whole piece has taken on a fine shape,and is coming up real strong,textures are looking good,and the entite scene has taken shape as I am sure you had hoped.......Work real hard now,you are pretty close......Looking real good.....All the best,see you as you progress....:arteest:

venum
05-12-2005, 11:05 PM
:thumbsup::scream:Brillant Air

You've got it. It's really a nice work! the final picture will be great for sure.
maybe the shadow on the beast, under the pot, and the master are way too dark than the slaves. You loose many detail into a diffuse environment.

:thumbsup::deal::love::applause::D

http://www.essefix.com/divers/air1.jpg

AIR
05-12-2005, 11:55 PM
THX VIRTUOSO.I must say I miss your posting.What's going on?

venum,wow,I,m honnored,that someone actually analyse my work so studiosly.
This is probabaly the best pointer for me what U think about my efforts.
THX Venum,truely.
That was just rough patched together stuff to kinda visualize things.
Im sending a lights post.Il try to make it as much better as I can in the Final.
THX again,seeya. :) :) :)

AIR
05-13-2005, 12:06 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1115939167_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/5918/5918_1115939167_large.jpg)

HI.
This is light test.
I think I'm gonna stick to it for the final.
Maybe just try to get more golden sunny light on the corners,contours of characters,Il see.
As you can see,I gave a hint of a background.Still buliding it.
I kinda made cloudy sky,like storm approaching from far.dunno.
I thought,this sad event of father losing son could be interpreted as THE SKY IS BEING SLOWLY COVERED WITH DARK CLOUDS AND NIGHT,and tyrant master getting killed by his slaves should be LAST SUN FLARE AND ALL THE REDISH,YELOW TONES.Im sleepy,im just drifting :]
We will see what goes on.

3dRaven
05-13-2005, 12:35 AM
It's looking good but a sharp backlight could bting out the contours of the characters..looks like the sun is behind him so this would make sens.

Keep at it A I R :thumbsup:

CuneytGuclu
05-13-2005, 12:51 AM
That's it man! very nice:thumbsup: I like it very much!...

venum
05-13-2005, 01:22 AM
:) You react so fast Air.
If the quality of both frames are the same, you gone too far. A mix (50-50) will be better.
I change my mind. It's not that bad with the background. Even, I like more and more it when I spending more and more time in fron of the frame. I miss the specular and the contrast and the sharpness of detail onto the horns. But it's actually nice

great work Air

monsitj
05-13-2005, 02:05 AM
yes , the latest lighting works!!! better every post! good luck Damir!

AIR
05-13-2005, 07:03 AM
HI people.
3dRaven,glad u agree with me man.Im sorry dont have time to drop by,AND shoot comments at U,in the same time.Im kinda in big time squeeze.seeya. :thumbsup:

mmaxx,thank u too mmaxx.seeya soon.

venum,",If the quality of both frames are the same, you gone too far. A mix (50-50) will be better." did not understand what u meant by that comment.

but Im glad u like it in the end.thx for suporrtivity,it makes diference,partialy you guys take credit for this coming in so smooth,if i can say smooth.Gota rush.
TODAY'S OFFER, 11 SERVANTS TEXTURED____ADDING BIG BLOCK OF STONE IN BG.
kinda egypt style stuff,with logs of wood underneeth,and ropes hanging from it.
TEXTURING GROUND.AAAND ALIGNING ALL THREE OR FOUR RENDER SHOTS.
first is the master and animal,second is group of 5 servants,third is group of 6 servants,
last is father and son.
AND,FROM SUNDAY I CALCULATE,HAVING 2,5 DAYS FOR POSTPRODUCTION AND COMPOSITING.
OF I GO NOW.THX ALOTS. :thumbsup:

aliasali
05-13-2005, 07:13 AM
wohohow! thats absolutle great! how could u say that? ur texturing,lighting,midelling,composit and ... are great! its so impressive,and i love the mood!
cya,
Ali.

Wandddo
05-13-2005, 07:23 AM
Yes Damir, really nice composition here :) You have a lot work to do... I'm hope you have a lot of success :) I'm watching you progress... Good luck to you in friend! :thumbsup: I'll return for seeing more :thumbsup:
cheers

Kylebrn
05-13-2005, 08:09 AM
It's all looking good.real nice poses.and modeling is good,the textures are'nt great,but they are good.It's a interesting entry.My problem with it is the originality.The guidelines say this : Be creative and imaginative
Be original. Think beyond conventional imagery.

I dont see this,this looks like a battle or an uprising,I dont see the master servant relationship,just a group attacking a rider.This is the most important aspect for the judging as they have said.None the less ou have some good stuff here,Good luck with finishing.

authentic
05-13-2005, 09:26 AM
With textures and first lighting it turns really impressive. Nothing to crit for the moment:eek:

AIR
05-13-2005, 09:45 AM
Madlight_1988,thx man,but really,lot of learning for quality textures. :argh:

Wandddo,thx man,If I work hard finishing this wont be any luck factor,but anyway,I
would like to wake up next morning,and see worthy elfs done all job instead.
Now that would be luck :) :)

Kylebrn.Yeah man,I know I dont texture near enough good as I would like,but I'm here to learn from the best our mother earth has to offer.
As for the originality,also could agree with you.It's defenitly not something beyond conventional imagery,maybe to literally interpred,could be much better in that aspect.
But if you dont see the master and servant relationship,im sorry,because i see it.
I,v gone into taking icon of master,Egipt like,looking at slaves at work.
And the colars arround they'r neck's with chains.Kinda typical master servant=slave situation.
With diference,slaves mouted and of against they'r master.
But In the end,U got wright to say what u think,and I really appreciate honesty.
THX for this hard taking critique,GULP... :cry:
SEEEYA GUYS :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

P.S. could anyone tell me,how big is your final image file size in MB.